Options

((( The Stop Smoking Cigarettes Thread)))

Comments

• Options
    Black DiamondBlack Diamond Posts: 25,107
    SENROCK! wrote:
    I havnt checked but have you shared your AMAAAAZING birthday gift news in your birthday thread??????? Your wife is the greatest woman i know of!!!! (not just cuz of the gift though) :)

STAY STRONG TEAM EXXXTEND YOUR LIFE!!!!!!!

Yeah the fact that she was so excited about giving it to me was as fun as the present itself. She is truly an amazing woman and I am a lucky lucky man.

As always, you are such an important part of this and I can not thank you enough.
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options
    Wow!

That is a lot! (Tomorrow is 5 weeks! ) So things are going OK I guess. On Friday i passed out cold from drinkingon my B-day. Not bad for a 42 year old :D . I don't think the wife was happy having to take my clothes off. Still she can't complain because my clothes did not smell like a chimney. That brings up something interesting. I have not fully gotten all my pants through the cleaners in 35 days so I am finding matches and a pack in one circumstance in my pockets. Also, they really smell. You don't know how much you stink until you quit. Boy, I STUNK! :D

This week should be very interesting given the volatility in the markets and what can go wrong around the world.

How is everyone doing? I think I almost convinced another person to join us but I will never put the pressure on. It is such a personal choice and you can not do it until you are ready. I am the poster child for that.
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options
    chimechime Posts: 7,838
    Oops I'm late :o ... busy morning.

Great that you celebrated your birthday, drunk until you passed out ... but didn't smoke :) Well done as drinking seems to the one worry for all tryers.

I hope you all had fun weekends ... and that this week treats for kindly :D
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?
  • Options
    DonJonDonJon Posts: 5,089
    Good to see 5 weeks for some...and Left Porch is about half way.

I must admit I didnt thing the success rate would be as good as it is. So double thumbs up for proving me wrong!!!

Hows my little aussie mate going....where is she?
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me.
  • Options
    LizardLizard So Cal Posts: 12,085

Great Job guys!! KEEP IT UP.

My mom smoked for about 60 years and quit cold turkey roughly7-8 years ago and I am so Grateful she did. She is 85 on Saturday and going strong!!! :)
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • Options
    Lizard wrote:

Great Job guys!! KEEP IT UP.

My mom smoked for about 60 years and quit cold turkey roughly7-8 years ago and I am so Grateful she did. She is 85 on Saturday and going strong!!! :)

Wow! That is AWESOME! Unfortunately I do not have the genes to smoke for that long.
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options
    yellowled24yellowled24 Posts: 3,118
    DonJon wrote:
    Good to see 5 weeks for some...and Left Porch is about half way.

I must admit I didnt thing the success rate would be as good as it is. So double thumbs up for proving me wrong!!!

Hows my little aussie mate going....where is she?
    Im here :o:(
    "....and was very surprised to see that he didnt actually have a recipe for anus-ankle soup." - Big Ed
  • Options

{{{yellowled24}}} how are you doing (not just with the smoking)? can't be an easy time at the moment.
  • Options
    hartamh wrote:
    Hi,

I'm up a little earlier today, and the reason for that is:
    (((((The Red Sox Won!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)))))

I'm doing good as far as not smoking, and very proud of my son who also quit on 9/2 :) Can't stand the smell it's just so disgusting.

I just want to say congrats to everyone that's still not smoking right now, no matter when you stopped ;) . I really hope your starting to feel better, just don't give up :)

We can't thank the supporters enough for taking the time to post some very encouraging words each and every day....

(((((((((love & hugs to all of you))))))))))

It is 5 weeks folks! How to I thank thee? I really can't do it properly. Each one od you has added something to the experience and I know it is a fact that I could not have done it without you.

The facts are I am half way through part II of the patch which means three weeks to No Nicotine and I am stoked. I have money in my pocket that I share everyday and a :) on my face through what will be known as the greatest financial crisis ever.

Thanks to you all and have a great one! :)
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options
    Chime wrote:
    {{{yellowled24}}} how are you doing (not just with the smoking)? can't be an easy time at the moment.
    Well, i'm not too bad mate, in relation to the loss of my Aunty. Had the funeral last Friday and just glad it's all out of the way.

I'm just so embarrassed because i've been smoking again - THERE!!!!!! I SAID IT!!!!!!!!! - but I told you I can't lie and i'm adhering to honesty.

I'm just not sure if i'm in the right place to quit smoking at the moment.

The fact that my hubby smokes and two best friends also, is really making it hard!!!

I'm not as strong as I thought.

I get moments of saying to myself, "Im going to QUIT!!!" but it doesnt last long.
    And the fact is......is that I really, REALLY like/love smoking. But I dont want to come here and say how im smoking again and the fact that I like it, because im worried i'll hinder all of your progress and you're all doing sooooo well!!! I would hate to make it harder for any of you.
    "....and was very surprised to see that he didnt actually have a recipe for anus-ankle soup." - Big Ed
  • Options

:eek:
  • Options
    DonJon wrote:
    :eek:
    I was ready for the onslaught when I saw you'd replied...and all I get is the eek face :D
  • Options
    Well, i'm not too bad mate, in relation to the loss of my Aunty. Had the funeral last Friday and just glad it's all out of the way.

I'm just so embarrassed because i've been smoking again - THERE!!!!!! I SAID IT!!!!!!!!! - but I told you I can't lie and i'm adhering to honesty.

I'm just not sure if i'm in the right place to quit smoking at the moment.

The fact that my hubby smokes and two best friends also, is really making it hard!!!

I'm not as strong as I thought.

I get moments of saying to myself, "Im going to QUIT!!!" but it doesnt last long.
    And the fact is......is that I really, REALLY like/love smoking. But I dont want to come here and say how im smoking again and the fact that I like it, because im worried i'll hinder all of your progress and you're all doing sooooo well!!! I would hate to make it harder for any of you.

Nobody is going to hinder any progress!! LMAO! Don't ever worry about that! Look, I am more shocked than anyone that I have gotten this far! I was scared to put myself out there and say I AM GOING TO DO THIS! I thought for sure that I was going to have to get people to tell me to get back on the wagon!

Well, I hope you get back on the wagon! No pressure but you seem to want to stop and you should act upon those instincts. If not, don't worry! We still think you are AMAZING for trying! That is why we called the group the tryers. We will always be here if you want to give it another shot and we love the company so please cheer us on and stay involved.
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options
    (((((((BD))))))))

Thanks heaps mate :D

I'll still try...i'll try to quit again :o

You guys are all doing so well!
  • Options
    I was ready for the onslaught when I saw you'd replied...and all I get is the eek face :D

I was speechless and Ive been crying for the last few hours.

Full respect for trying champ. Keep that attitude and give it a go some time down the track. Ill be barracking for you
  • Options
    DonJon wrote:
    I was speechless and Ive been crying for the last few hours.

Full respect for trying champ. Keep that attitude and give it a go some time down the track. Ill be barracking for you
    I didnt think men cried? ;)

Well, been almost a full day of not smoking...im still gonna do it, dammit. Im not going to let a rolled up tube of tobacco rule my life...seriously, how fucken gutless is that?

Im NOT being ruled by an unimportant and debilitating addiction.

So there.

Thanks Brendan ((((( hugs )))))
  • Options
    hartamh wrote:
    Good for you hon!!!! Your getting stronger and that's awesome :) . This thread is here to support you no matter what..

We're all fighting this damn addiction, and it really sucks that we have lived with it for sooooo long.

((((((((((((((((((((((((hugs for you sweetie)))))))))))))))))))))))))
    thanks matey, it means so much to me to know you and the others are here....
    its hard at this very minute coz hubby is due home and im hanging for a smoke...im thinking "One more wont hurt"

Someone HELP MEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    I didnt think men cried? ;)

Well, been almost a full day of not smoking...im still gonna do it, dammit. Im not going to let a rolled up tube of tobacco rule my life...seriously, how fucken gutless is that?

Im NOT being ruled by an unimportant and debilitating addiction.

So there.

Thanks Brendan ((((( hugs )))))

Yeah I do sometimes....its good for ya :D

So you've started trying again have you?
  • Options
    Whats up guys, haven't been on here in a couple days. I went out saturday night for the first time since quitting and had a few late night cigarettes. Wasn't happy about it Sunday but I have not had a smoke since so that puts me on day 5. I'm not sweatin' it, have been running a lot this week trying rid my lungs of the smoke. Just thought I would check in,hope all is well with you guys.
    Uniondale. 2003
    MSG 1+2. 2010
    Wrigley. Brooklyn 2. Hartford. 2013
    St. Louis. Denver. 2014
    Global Citizens Festival. 2015
    MSG 2. Fenway 2. Wrigley 1. 2016
    Safeco 2. Missoula. 2018
  • Options
    Left Porch wrote:
    Whats up guys, haven't been on here in a couple days. I went out saturday night for the first time since quitting and had a few late night cigarettes. Wasn't happy about it Sunday but I have not had a smoke since so that puts me on day 5. I'm not sweatin' it, have been running a lot this week trying rid my lungs of the smoke. Just thought I would check in,hope all is well with you guys.

Good for you trying again! Yeah Saturday Nights are definately the toughest, I had to change some of my habbits including not going to one of my old haunts: A cigar bar, where cigs are ok to smoke inside.

Good for you! Double digits are just around the corner again!
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options
    Wow!

So I made it through a day of FASTING and no smoking. Would have eaten if it had come down to it but I have really exceeded my own expectations!

i did chew gum which is a no no but there is a limit here folks!

So going away to Va Beach for the long weekend and staying with the in laws. They are more excited about this than I am. Want to keep thier daughter with a husband I suspect. They are truly great people and have been a big advocate.

Have a great and easy weekend everyone!
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options
    So did you miss me? :o:p

Sorry I've not been around ... been a little hectic this side of the pond ... but have been thinking of you all!

Seems like you are all doing well and even the minor set backs can't stop you guys.

Been t-shirt weather the last week or so on this side of the pond ... in October ... the World's gone mad I tell ya ... in more ways than one :D

So patch change day again tomorrow ... and then one week to complete nicotine freedom ... I'm so proud of you :)
  • Options
    Yeah apologies I aint been on for a while....tho it seems like some of you dont need the encouragement anymore!!! 40 days...... and Hartmah you feel as if you are over the cravings?!?!?

This is mighty fine news people...mighty fine
  • Options
    Hey,

How bad is it (or good) that Chime and Don Jon are posting without the tryers!

LMAO! Sorry just got back from a long weekend away! Chime you are right day 42 and last day on Level II. Level III (the Red Patch, BTW the marketer must be a Weezer fan because patches have been green, blue and red) starts tomorrow and in 2 short weeks will be patch FREE!!!

Feeling fine, getting fat (really really fat)!! If any of you knew what I look like you would be like :eek: Did BD eat Mrs. BD (No comment)

So little nervous about tomorrow and how much more I could eat!! Speaking of which will be going on Weight Watchers after the patch is done. Nothing like a challenge.

So how is everyone doing? Somebody check in!!
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options
    6 WEEKS!!!

Wow outstanding.

Hope you're NOT noticing the difference on the new patch! I blame the putting on of weight on your new improved sense of taste BD :D

Congrats BD, hartamh and hartamh's son on another milestone :)
  • Options
    Chime wrote:
    6 WEEKS!!!

Wow outstanding.

Hope you're NOT noticing the difference on the new patch! I blame the putting on of weight on your new improved sense of taste BD :D

Congrats BD, hartamh and hartamh's son on another milestone :)

YEAH!!!

I am so excited (and hungry)! No food is getting out of hand. The Mrs. has joined me in the extra food and is now pissed off. The diet starts in 2 weeks.

The new patch is definately a difference and am sweating a lot more today and feel the urge a little. But I am too strong for little urges.

How is the rest of the world doing?!?
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options
    Riot_MacRiot_Mac Posts: 473
    Saw this on the porch and figured I would share with you guys.

Looks like Eddie might be trying to quit too.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/10/14/eddie-vedder-and-josh-bro_n_134614.html

Keep up the good work guys!!
    "hear my name, take a good look, this could be the day."
  • Options
    Jeremy1012Jeremy1012 Posts: 7,170
    I'm absolutely dying for a fag right now. Hell, I would do unholy things for a whole pack of Luckies.

Going to stick it out though. Can't afford them for one thing, for another, I am actually attempting to give a toss about my health for a change.
    "I remember one night at Muzdalifa with nothing but the sky overhead, I lay awake amid sleeping Muslim brothers and I learned that pilgrims from every land — every colour, and class, and rank; high officials and the beggar alike — all snored in the same language"
  • Options
    Stone Is GodStone Is God Posts: 1,329
    Just checking in. It's been over 5 weeks for the fiance and me. All seems to be going well and I'm glad to hear people are having success in this.

Keep up the good work everyone.
  • Options
    My willpower has been weak these past couple of weekends. I go out to grab some food with my cousin (a heavy smoker) and later in the night I realise the SOB left a pack of cigarettes sitting on my passenger seat. I caved, and had one before throwing them out the window. I went back on the patch on Sunday, that's what I have had the most luck with. Sounds like everyone on here is doing well, keep up the good work guys, I'm back on day four, which I believe means that me and Eddie Vedder are smoke-free for about the same amount of time ;).
    Uniondale. 2003
    MSG 1+2. 2010
    Wrigley. Brooklyn 2. Hartford. 2013
    St. Louis. Denver. 2014
    Global Citizens Festival. 2015
    MSG 2. Fenway 2. Wrigley 1. 2016
    Safeco 2. Missoula. 2018