Options

((( The Stop Smoking Cigarettes Thread)))

Comments

• Options
    DonJonDonJon Posts: 5,089
    Everything is still peachy over here. My fiance is going on 7 weeks and I believe I'm at around 6. Really don't have any cravings any more, maybe once in a while.

My real test will be a 4 hour limo ride to NYC to see Oasis on December 17th. I will be in a car with 2 smokers and we will be having "festivities" as we go down there. Luckily our 4th is about to quit so I'll have some support.

Sounds like you will probably breath in enough smoke without having to light one up anyway.

Good to see all these success stories. Really proud of ALL you guys - even those that failed.

GO MUSIC FOR RHINOS. Cold turkey - do it champ!
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me.
  • Options
    day 2 almost in the books....2 hrs 15 mins to go.

this is a tough stretch....craving pretty bad haha

i will try to hold on.
  • Options
    day 2 almost in the books....2 hrs 15 mins to go.

this is a tough stretch....craving pretty bad haha

i will try to hold on.

Take the word 'try' outta that last sentence will ya!! :D Day by day mate...one step at a time
  • Options
    DonJon wrote:
    Take the word 'try' outta that last sentence will ya!! :D Day by day mate...one step at a time

you're right. it's going well.

I went outside and it was SO COLD and my craving vanished instantly.

food is good.

more later.
  • Options
    day 3 here.

man, the urge to smoke is pretty strong.

right now i'm just telling myself 'you don't need them.'

how is everyone else doing?
  • Options
    dawngdawng Posts: 644
    day 3 here.

You don't need them :) Congrats on day 3!!!

Great job to everyone else as well - cheers!
    Check out my Sudsy Chick Etsy Store for all natural homemade bath products!
  • Options
    Black DiamondBlack Diamond Posts: 25,107
    day 3 here.

hey!! Freaking Fantastic!! You are doing a tremendous job!! If a numnuts like me can get to 66 days then you have to do it. 3rd day with no patch and feeling fine.

Saw the Black Crowes last night in a very smoke filled (ALL types of smoke) venue. My "friend" tried to get me to have just one :eek:.

As with Lays Potato Chips for me the motto is betcha can't have just one!

So no go and got through it fine! :D
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options
    hey!! Freaking Fantastic!! You are doing a tremendous job!! If a numnuts like me can get to 66 days then you have to do it. 3rd day with no patch and feeling fine.

Saw the Black Crowes last night in a very smoke filled (ALL types of smoke) venue. My "friend" tried to get me to have just one :eek:.

As with Lays Potato Chips for me the motto is betcha can't have just one!

So no go and got through it fine! :D

Good going....that kinda pressure is the worst!

How was the concert? I saw them once with Tom Petty in I think 05 they were great.
  • Options
    Black DiamondBlack Diamond Posts: 25,107
    Good going....that kinda pressure is the worst!

How was the concert? I saw them once with Tom Petty in I think 05 they were great.
    They were amazing!! Mostly deep cuts and a lot of jamming!! Right up my alley :D
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options
    SENROCKSENROCK Posts: 10,736
    Alright so I posted a while ago earlier on in the thread with some advice on quitting and my own story.

I kinda relapsed right after that and had been smoking pretty much all this time but I've been inspired by you guys, my personal friends who are also quitting at the same time and hearing about Ed's cleanse. I still maintain that all the things I said way before are good tips for quitting.

So I'm giving it another go....no patch, no gum, just cold turkey like I always do it.

Happy to say today (Tuesday) is Day 2 for me having made it through a successful Day 1 yesterday. Luckily the urges haven't been too strong and I'm determined to make it far this time. I'll keep you guys posted.

oh my GOD im so happy for you!!!!! As i've always told you, YOU CAN DO IT!!!!!!! WOOOOOOO!!!!!

The rest of TEAM EXXXTEND YOUR LIFE..........RIGHT ON!!!!! Im proud of all the people up in here!!!!!!
    KEEP YOUR EYE ON THE PRIZE!!!!!!!!
    ~~~~~~ALWAYS HAVE A GOOD TIME~~~~~~
    Sir Mike McCready is....THE MASTER!!! WAHHH!!!
    EVENFLOW PSYCHOS H.N.I.C~FEEL THE FLOW!!!

"Pearl Jam fans are obsessed, they'd see the boys in HELL if tickets were sold."-CROJAM95

It takes balls to put out a UKE album!
  • Options
    HOW DID I MISS THIS??!?!?! (Thanks AM for reminding me!!!)

This was 8 pages back!!! Wow Made it to 2 months and did not remember!!!

That has to be a really good sign right?!!?

So obviously all the thanks go to you the tryers and the helpers who pushed me so hard at the beginning that it now has become something I rarely even think about!! I still have those fleeting moments of stress where I feel like doing it but I would be the biggest horses ass if I picked it up again so I do not.

Thanks to Hartamh as always as being the one who started this all with me and to all of you who has been so gracious with your time and comments!

I hope everyone is forgetting as much as me!!
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options
    You two have set a great benchmark for the new comers in here.

Been away a few days...better go have an update on who else is making the commitment for a healthy lifestyle
  • Options
    yellowled24yellowled24 Posts: 3,118
    *whispers* I havent had a smoke in THREE days :eek:

*runs
    "....and was very surprised to see that he didnt actually have a recipe for anus-ankle soup." - Big Ed
  • Options

*runs
    *awesome*
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options

*runs

Is that 4 now?

What was the trigger to give it another go?
  • Options
    DonJon wrote:
    Is that 4 now?

What was the trigger to give it another go?
    Fourth day today, correct :D

Trigger? We were in the Relay For Life this year, and seeing everyones candles of rememberance lining the track, and all the people lost from Cancer - was a big visual smack in the face.

The combo of being completely tired and seeing the others rush for a ciggy during their breaks, actually got me really pissed off at smoking and I felt like this stupid addiction was ruling my life.

I know ill never go back, im really ready to quit now :)
    "....and was very surprised to see that he didnt actually have a recipe for anus-ankle soup." - Big Ed
  • Options
    Fourth day today, correct :D

Trigger? We were in the Relay For Life this year, and seeing everyones candles of rememberance lining the track, and all the people lost from Cancer - was a big visual smack in the face.

The combo of being completely tired and seeing the others rush for a ciggy during their breaks, actually got me really pissed off at smoking and I felt like this stupid addiction was ruling my life.

I know ill never go back, im really ready to quit now :)

WOW is all I can say

I wish you all the best and Ill pop in here everyday to support you.

Come on mate give it a real good go this time. Its so much easier than you think. One step at a time. The weeks get shorter and easier
  • Options
    DonJon wrote:
    WOW is all I can say

I wish you all the best and Ill pop in here everyday to support you.

Come on mate give it a real good go this time. Its so much easier than you think. One step at a time. The weeks get shorter and easier
    Thanks Brendan :D

I have quit a few times before, and I know the feeling I get when I CAN and DO quit - its a really angry and determined feeling. I just didnt feel it the last two times, and the fact that I made it so public and told everyone about it made it harder, cause it felt like there was more pressure. This time I feel different, the cravings arent as full on and if I get the feeling of having a smoke I just picture the candles of Relay For Life and it helps. (just so you know, our area raised $280,000 for cancer research)
    :)

This time I did the first three days quietly and now im ready to talk about it :D

I am more focused and the Tuesday nights I usually spend with my two friends that smoke was cancelled last night - by me - cause I just didnt want to be in that environment.
  • Options
    SENROCKSENROCK Posts: 10,736
    HOW DID I MISS THIS??!?!?! (Thanks AM for reminding me!!!)

This was 8 pages back!!! Wow Made it to 2 months and did not remember!!!

That has to be a really good sign right?!!?

So obviously all the thanks go to you the tryers and the helpers who pushed me so hard at the beginning that it now has become something I rarely even think about!! I still have those fleeting moments of stress where I feel like doing it but I would be the biggest horses ass if I picked it up again so I do not.

Thanks to Hartamh as always as being the one who started this all with me and to all of you who has been so gracious with your time and comments!

I hope everyone is forgetting as much as me!!

OUTSTANDING Black D!!!!
    This thread must NEVER disappear!!! Its a support group of THE PIT that is much needed for all of the trying participants!!! There are some that cant bear to post in here but dammit they are trying! BLACK D you are a role model!!! And hart you are much needed here too!!!! KEEP TEAM EXXXTEND YOUR LIFE IN FULL FLOWIN EFFECT!!!!!!!
    ~~~~~~ALWAYS HAVE A GOOD TIME~~~~~~
    Sir Mike McCready is....THE MASTER!!! WAHHH!!!
    EVENFLOW PSYCHOS H.N.I.C~FEEL THE FLOW!!!

"Pearl Jam fans are obsessed, they'd see the boys in HELL if tickets were sold."-CROJAM95

It takes balls to put out a UKE album!
  • Options
    Thanks Brendan :D

I have quit a few times before, and I know the feeling I get when I CAN and DO quit - its a really angry and determined feeling. I just didnt feel it the last two times, and the fact that I made it so public and told everyone about it made it harder, cause it felt like there was more pressure. This time I feel different, the cravings arent as full on and if I get the feeling of having a smoke I just picture the candles of Relay For Life and it helps. (just so you know, our area raised $280,000 for cancer research)
    :)

This time I did the first three days quietly and now im ready to talk about it :D

I am more focused and the Tuesday nights I usually spend with my two friends that smoke was cancelled last night - by me - cause I just didnt want to be in that environment.

I understanding entirely what you are saying and Im more impressed by the way you say it. Headspace seems perfect.

Do this properly and I promise if and when we ever meet at a gig the piss is on me!!!!!!!!!!!!

Double thumbs up for the walk and fund raising. What a great feeling and look.............you may get another benefit out of it as well in that its kicked you up the date to get off em.

Ive committed to the Oxfam 100km walk next year. Was talking to a fella at the pub the other day (who is highly fit) and it took his group 33hrs with a 20 minute nap in between. Im already concerned!!!!!!
  • Options
    SENROCK! wrote:
    KEEP TEAM EXXXTEND YOUR LIFE IN FULL FLOWIN EFFECT!!!!!!!

Yeah fully sick.
    Yay team
  • Options
    Maybe with the new US President I can again feel a reason to live and not have to smoke... :D j/k

2 weeks with nothing....and I'm sure I'm not a pleasure to be around :) ...but my work hasn't been influenced too much yet, hopefully it won't be
    "The customer...is always...an ASSHOLE"

"The world fascinates me."

"Doesn't mean that much to me, to mean that much to you"

• Options
    Maybe with the new US President I can again feel a reason to live and not have to smoke... :D j/k

2 weeks with nothing....and I'm sure I'm not a pleasure to be around :) ...but my work hasn't been influenced too much yet, hopefully it won't be

Any change in how you feel when training or too early yet?
  • Options
    DonJon wrote:
    Any change in how you feel when training or too early yet?

Not really, I get winded sooner but nothing notable.
    "The customer...is always...an ASSHOLE"

"The world fascinates me."

"Doesn't mean that much to me, to mean that much to you"

• Options
    SENROCK! wrote:
    OUTSTANDING Black D!!!!
    This thread must NEVER disappear!!! Its a support group of THE PIT that is much needed for all of the trying participants!!! There are some that cant bear to post in here but dammit they are trying! BLACK D you are a role model!!! And hart you are much needed here too!!!! KEEP TEAM EXXXTEND YOUR LIFE IN FULL FLOWIN EFFECT!!!!!!!

:D

Missed you lots!!
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options
    Not really, I get winded sooner but nothing notable.

Interesting. Keep me informed.

Oh and stay off the bungers too :D
  • Options
    DonJon wrote:

Ive committed to the Oxfam 100km walk next year. Was talking to a fella at the pub the other day (who is highly fit) and it took his group 33hrs with a 20 minute nap in between. Im already concerned!!!!!!
    JAY-ZUS! :eek:

100km...and I would walk 100 k's and I would walk 100 more, just to be that Don who walked 1000 k's to watch ol' Eddie ROAR!

Haha. But you're pretty fit right? How far have you walked before?

30 mins is bugger all! Need to take some No-Doz (none of that 'other funny stuff') ;)

Fuck YEAH!!! Day five comin' up :D
  • Options
    DonJon wrote:

JAY-ZUS! :eek:

100km...and I would walk 100 k's and I would walk 100 more, just to be that Don who walked 1000 k's to watch ol' Eddie ROAR!

Haha. But you're pretty fit right? How far have you walked before?

30 mins is bugger all! Need to take some No-Doz (none of that 'other funny stuff') ;)

Fuck YEAH!!! Day five comin' up :D
  • Options
    good on all the others on here that are doing so well :D:D
  • Options
    hartamh wrote:
    Good Morning Everyone :)

I didn't even think to post yesterday, which was {{{{8}}}} weeks of not smoking :) CONGRATS TO EVERYBODY!!!! You are doing a terrific job ;) !!

Thanks to all the supporters as usual, you guys are fantastic and I love reading your posts.. All the tryers I'm very proud of you all. It's the worst addiction, and I'm so glad to hear that you are giving it you all.. Don't give up this is the best thing you can do for yourselves, you have total control of this. I know it's very hard, but don't let this addiction win.

We all have one life and we don't want to waste it on killing ourselves slowly and painfully.. I wish everyone of us luck and to win this fight!!!!!

(((((((((((((love & hugs to everyone))))))))))))))))))))))

9 Weeks!! You are worse than me! :D (64 days now and counting :D )
    GoiMTvP.gif