Options

((( The Stop Smoking Cigarettes Thread)))

Comments

• Options
    Chime wrote:
    {{{hartamh}}} you're too kind :) ... and a very nice lady too ;)

:Cough:
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options
    chimechime Posts: 7,838
    :Cough:

You're lovely too :p
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?
  • Options
    Chime wrote:
    You're lovely too :p
    :D
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options
    You still up? :)

I am so glad you joined us! How are you feeling today? Through 2 days and it must give you a MAJOR sense of accomplishment. Has your husband realized you are serious yet? I am sure once he accepts it will be easier for you.
    Hey :)

Yeah, it was only 9pm when I posted that....

Feeling good, as I said the cravings haven't waned or increased...well, I guess they do get hard when hubby goes outside for a smoke, but it's not too bad...And yes, I do feel very stoked to have gotten through the first coupla days, this being the third day, it seems things will just cruise nicely from here (I hope!)

Tonight is my weekly "girls night" and both my friends smoke heavily, so will see how I go, there is NO WAY i'll have a smoke - it'll just be really hard :(

And, as of hubby, he hadn't said A WORD since i'd stopped smoking, the whole first day he KNEW I was trying to quit and didn't say a thing to me. I pressed him about it last night and kinda said, you know, i'm doing really well and you haven't said anything, pick your game up. And I got a nice little note this morning telling me that i'm doing well, so that's something :)

Feeling a bit shitty today. Had to read through my Dad's eulogy for his sister and we are trying to pick songs for the funeral on Friday. Got word that they harvested her organs early Monday morning. Blergh.

Atleast i'm not quitting drinking. That seems to have accelerated :p
    "....and was very surprised to see that he didnt actually have a recipe for anus-ankle soup." - Big Ed
  • Options
    DonJonDonJon Posts: 5,089
    Popping in for my daily rev up. Another day bites the dust kids....good effort.

Whats with some of your partners not encouraging you to quit....smokers or non-smokers....thats pretty average.

You can do it without em anyway.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me.
  • Options
    SENROCKSENROCK Posts: 10,736
    DonJon wrote:
    You can do it without em anyway.
    thats right!!!
    you guys CAN DO IT!!!!! you have all done well so keep it up!!!!
    keep your eye on the prize!!!!
    ~~~~~~ALWAYS HAVE A GOOD TIME~~~~~~
    Sir Mike McCready is....THE MASTER!!! WAHHH!!!
    EVENFLOW PSYCHOS H.N.I.C~FEEL THE FLOW!!!

"Pearl Jam fans are obsessed, they'd see the boys in HELL if tickets were sold."-CROJAM95

It takes balls to put out a UKE album!
  • Options
    Oooooh!!!

Theres a prize ;)

I didnt think I entered Secret Santa this year :o
    "....and was very surprised to see that he didnt actually have a recipe for anus-ankle soup." - Big Ed
  • Options
    Oooooh!!!

Theres a prize ;)

I didnt think I entered Secret Santa this year :o

Longevity and quality of Life
  • Options
    OKAY!!!

Heading out in a matter of hours and need some INSPIRATIONAL and CONFIDENCE building support from you all!!

Going to hang out with my two best mates, they both smoke AND one of thems going through a crisis so will be puffing away more than usual....

Aaaaargh!!!

Im so scared!!!
  • Options
    Inspirational and Confidence building support.................a punch in the head from me if you have one!!!!!!!

First big test mate - step up to the mark. Your next test will no doubt be easier.

One hurdle at a time. Shock your friends
  • Options
    DonJon wrote:
    Inspirational and Confidence building support.................a punch in the head from me if you have one!!!!!!!

First big test mate - step up to the mark. Your next test will no doubt be easier.

One hurdle at a time. Shock your friends
    That actually really helped...thanks Brendan :o

Wow, awesome!

Thank you :D

(plus I hate violence ;) )
  • Options
    That actually really helped...thanks Brendan :o

Wow, awesome!

Thank you :D

(plus I hate violence ;) )

Good luck... she'll be tough so early in the piece.

You've done it so far at home, you can do this too.

Im going for beers and study - great combo. Sick of the office
  • Options
    DonJon wrote:
    Good luck... she'll be tough so early in the piece.

You've done it so far at home, you can do this too.

Im going for beers and study - great combo. Sick of the office
    Beers and study...???

how do I get your job :D;)
  • Options
    hartamh wrote:
    Really, do tell :)
    Too late :rolleyes:

He's prolly sitting in some cool arse pub downing some Coronas and "studying" :p;)
  • Options
    Too late :rolleyes:

He's prolly sitting in some cool arse pub downing some Coronas and "studying" :p;)

When do you head out?

Hope you have a lovely (cigarette free) evening hanging out with friends :)
  • Options
    I head out in about an hour Chime (7pm)

Thanks for your well wishes....im trying hard :):)

Hartahm, I can barely remember how to spell your bloody 'pit name' but I feel close to you already...:o

Glad you are doing so well hun! Keep up the good work ((((((((hugs))))))))
  • Options
    Good morning everyone!!!

4 WEEKS! That's all!

We did it Lilli!

Off to temple for some new year praying (got some prayers all set for the tryers) and switching to Step II :D

I feel great and it sounds like Y24 has a lot of support overnight! DJ and Chime you guys are fantastic!! Not really supposed to be posting but I had to check in!
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options
    Hey :)

Yeah, it was only 9pm when I posted that....

Feeling good, as I said the cravings haven't waned or increased...well, I guess they do get hard when hubby goes outside for a smoke, but it's not too bad...And yes, I do feel very stoked to have gotten through the first coupla days, this being the third day, it seems things will just cruise nicely from here (I hope!)

Tonight is my weekly "girls night" and both my friends smoke heavily, so will see how I go, there is NO WAY i'll have a smoke - it'll just be really hard :(

And, as of hubby, he hadn't said A WORD since i'd stopped smoking, the whole first day he KNEW I was trying to quit and didn't say a thing to me. I pressed him about it last night and kinda said, you know, i'm doing really well and you haven't said anything, pick your game up. And I got a nice little note this morning telling me that i'm doing well, so that's something :)

Feeling a bit shitty today. Had to read through my Dad's eulogy for his sister and we are trying to pick songs for the funeral on Friday. Got word that they harvested her organs early Monday morning. Blergh.

Atleast i'm not quitting drinking. That seems to have accelerated :p

Wow! That is great about you husband and I am amazed you are doing this without the help of something! You are a very strong person! Are you out yet with friends, if not good luck.

BTW, my drinking has gone up a lot, maybe for cigs and stress at work. Weight has also gone up. When I am free and clear for awhile I will go back and clean up my minor issues.
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options
    SENROCK! wrote:
    thats right!!!
    you guys CAN DO IT!!!!! you have all done well so keep it up!!!!
    keep your eye on the prize!!!!

Hey!!! Missed you!

Hope you are feeling better!!
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v605/jm_pappas/new/excellent.gif

GO TEAM GO :eek:

just want to wish you all well :)
    wah
  • Options
    :(

I have betrayed all of you, but most of all myself.

I am a fraud and have wasted three days for nothing.

I shouldnt have gone to my friends house :(:(

I'll try again from scratch tomorrow.....

Im sorry :(
  • Options
    pearljamjenpearljamjen Posts: 13,578

Aww hun...don't beat yourself up! I read something similar about dieting: if you slip up and have a cookie, you have two choices: either continue to pig out and eat more cookies OR realize your slip up and get back on track!

It sounds like you are going to do the latter. Big [HUUUUUUGGGGSSS] to you. We are all here to support and help you :) xx
  • Options
    hmmm, I read something similar with dieting...

Thanks so much Jen...I will try again...:) Youre a star!

Arent BD and all the rest clever little cookies...a MONTH!!!
    This deserves a toast *raises invisible glass of prefered beverage*
    "Heres to the quitters" :D
  • Options

I shouldnt have gone to my friends house :(: (

Hey don't be so hard on yourself. You managed three days ... you know you want to carry on ... you can start again :)

You can be disappointed but you are trying this cold turkey, and after the loss of someone very special to you. What you acheived was great and when you start again tomorrow you start knowing three days is possible.

No one is here to judge but to help.

If at first you don't succeed, try, try again :D

{{{yellowled24}}}
  • Options
    Chime wrote:
    Hey don't be so hard on yourself. You managed three days ... you know you want to carry on ... you can start again :)

You can be disappointed but you are trying this cold turkey, and after the loss of someone very special to you. What you acheived was great and when you start again tomorrow you start knowing three days is possible.

No one is here to judge but to help.

If at first you don't succeed, try, try again :D

{{{yellowled24}}}
    Thanks Chime :o

Yeah, I DID last three days ..... :)

Cant wait to brush my teeth :eek:
  • Options
    Thanks Chime :o

Yeah, I DID last three days ..... :)

Cant wait to brush my teeth :eek:

Yes, yes you did :D
  • Options

Everyone falls off. I fell off. You just get right back on.
  • Options

***starts warming knuckles***

Three days is at least a start mate. Yeah if you knew you were that vulnerable then maybe shouldn't have gone.

Back on the horse young lady...you've got the right attitude
  • Options
    hartamh wrote:
    Really, do tell :)

I basically work for myself and currently trying to do about 3 hrs a night study after work. It gets a little sterile sitting in the office that long studying so I go to a nice quiet pub for the last hour and suck down a few coldies......good motivator
  • Options
    I went off of the patch yesterday and today, just to see how it felt and the only difference I found in being on the patch and being off is a HUGE increase in my appetite. I literally have consumed double the amount of food I usually do over the last two days. This is good because I am attempting to gain weight, but I'm going to go back on the patch tomorrow, I feel like I'm in dangerous territory when it's not on. Anyway just checkin' in, hope everyones doing well.
    Uniondale. 2003
    MSG 1+2. 2010
    Wrigley. Brooklyn 2. Hartford. 2013
    St. Louis. Denver. 2014
    Global Citizens Festival. 2015
    MSG 2. Fenway 2. Wrigley 1. 2016
    Safeco 2. Missoula. 2018