Options

((( The Stop Smoking Cigarettes Thread)))

Comments

• Options
    DonJon wrote:
    ***starts warming knuckles***

Three days is at least a start mate. Yeah if you knew you were that vulnerable then maybe shouldn't have gone.

Back on the horse young lady...you've got the right attitude
    *points* YOU were the one I was most worried about, only because you said you'd punch me in the face :eek: ;)

It's all good, no smokes today, not gonna buy any, ive decided to stay away from situations that entail mondo amounts of tobacco :D

Yay to Left Porch for coming off the patches, and eating is good :)
    But I guess, yeah, if you feel you need to go back on em, do it.

Whatever makes you feel comfortable!
    "....and was very surprised to see that he didnt actually have a recipe for anus-ankle soup." - Big Ed
  • Options
    *points* YOU were the one I was most worried about, only because you said you'd punch me in the face :eek: ;)

It's all good, no smokes today, not gonna buy any, ive decided to stay away from situations that entail mondo amounts of tobacco :D

Are you actually beating yourself up!!! Come on Y24. 3 days is awesome under what you are going through with your aunt and a smoker in the house!

When you are ready make another go! None of us are going anywhere!

Great advice everyone! This is why we are doing this! No judgement, no pressure, no comments.

Everyone has troubles. I have tried over 100X. Everyone here has gotten me to this step. I know I would have caved if I did not have someone to talk to everyday!

One day to a month folks! I am soooooooooo happy and grateful!
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options
    chimechime Posts: 7,838
    So it seems I read the free morning newspaper thinking of your guys ... so apparently there may be one more bonus for the women quitters ... so something else to add to the reasons to quit

http://www.metro.co.uk/news/article.html?Smoking_depressing_for_women&in_article_id=332928&in_page_id=34

... for yellowled24 and DonJon (and any other Aussies who drop into this thread) do you know what your Government spends money on ... made me giggle ... guess it's to balance out all the Aussies coming over here :p

http://www.thelondonpaper.com/cs/Satellite/london/news/article/1157155361140?packedargs=suffix%3DArticleController

... and this just because we can all use a little cute now and then ;)

http://www.metro.co.uk/news/article.html?A_fawn_which_is_quite_a_handful&in_article_id=332967&in_page_id=34

Hope you are all doing well and have a great day :)
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?
  • Options
    illegal pantsillegal pants Posts: 13,471
    ((((((((((sairs))))))))))
    wah
  • Options
    Black DiamondBlack Diamond Posts: 25,107
    Left Porch wrote:
    I went off of the patch yesterday and today, just to see how it felt and the only difference I found in being on the patch and being off is a HUGE increase in my appetite. I literally have consumed double the amount of food I usually do over the last two days. This is good because I am attempting to gain weight, but I'm going to go back on the patch tomorrow, I feel like I'm in dangerous territory when it's not on. Anyway just checkin' in, hope everyones doing well.

Hey, thanks for this. I hope this is not true since my appetite has been off the charts with the patch on! :eek:

So I am on 24 hours with the second patch! For those that have done it on the patch know it is 3 levels, the 2nd levels is 14 mg vs 21 mg on level 1. No major differences to report yet. The only problem I am having is that my pants are not fitting :D. 13 pounds so far. A lot but I will start the diet in month 4. I can feel the appetite declining though.

30 Days!!! I just paid off the AC/DC tix with the savings (Thank you Chime :D ) and am now looking for something for Month 2 which starts tomorrow.

Oh, BTW I have been giving half of the cost of a pack of cigs to a street charity here in NY, so not only getting healthier but doing some good too!
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options
    Oh, BTW I have been giving half of the cost of a pack of cigs to a street charity here in NY, so not only getting healthier but doing some good too!

Just wanted to say that is so cool ... what an awesome thing to do :)

Hope you enjoyed yesterday :D
  • Options
    Chime wrote:
    Just wanted to say that is so cool ... what an awesome thing to do :)

Hope you enjoyed yesterday :D
    Good morning!! Yeah yesterday was great being with the family. Home today too. It is a two day affair! Better than being in the trenches!

How are we this morning!
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options
    DonJonDonJon Posts: 5,089

Argh I couldnt do it to ya. You'd get off with an exemption for trying.

You are gonna have another crack though I see. No temptations for a coupla weeks chick. :D
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me.
  • Options
    BD you say you've tried over 100 times previously,....why is this time different? Kudos re the charity also!!

Chime great articles....very interesting read.

Go TEYL
  • Options
    DonJon wrote:
    BD you say you've tried over 100 times previously,....why is this time different? Kudos re the charity also!!

Chime great articles....very interesting read.

Go TEYL

This THREAD!! Seriously, the ability to talk to people who are going through it with me and getting support from former smokers and good people like you have made the difference. My wife would constantly be all over me about it to a point where we would argue while I was trying to quit. Does not work.

Everyone here has been amazing!
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options
    This THREAD!! Seriously, the ability to talk to people who are going through it with me and getting support from former smokers and good people like you have made the difference. My wife would constantly be all over me about it to a point where we would argue while I was trying to quit. Does not work.

Everyone here has been amazing!

Fuck hey. Wow.

Ive done a good deed....should put that in my 'What Made you Day' post but todays is dedicated to Joan Armatrading...this chick rocks :D

Just goes to show what a little encouragement can do hey. When do you think you will 'safely' be over them....another month or so?
  • Options
    DonJon wrote:
    Fuck hey. Wow.

Ive done a good deed....should put that in my 'What Made you Day' post but todays is dedicated to Joan Armatrading...this chick rocks :D

Just goes to show what a little encouragement can do hey. When do you think you will 'safely' be over them....another month or so?

Wow I saw her 22 years ago? At a Amnesty International Concert! She was amazing!

And a VERY GOOD DEED!
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options
  • Options
    yellowled24yellowled24 Posts: 3,118
    DonJon wrote:
    Argh I couldnt do it to ya. You'd get off with an exemption for trying.

You are gonna have another crack though I see. No temptations for a coupla weeks chick. :D
    Yeah, on my second day again...

been talking to a mate of mine who works for Quitline so shes been really helpful and giving me some really good tips.

No temptations for a coupla months :D
    "....and was very surprised to see that he didnt actually have a recipe for anus-ankle soup." - Big Ed
  • Options
    Yeah, on my second day again...

been talking to a mate of mine who works for Quitline so shes been really helpful and giving me some really good tips.

No temptations for a coupla months :D

Should I put my hard earned cash on you this time?
  • Options
    CONGRATULATIONS!!!

WOW Black Diamond and hartamh and hartamh's son ... and any others who may not have been keeping us posted on their progress ... you have reached

ONE MONTH!!!

... I know I and others are so proud of how amazingly well you have done and want to thank you for letting us non smokers become so much a part of this with you. You are all so awesome!

... and special congrats to yellowled24 for not letting one little slip get her down and be an excuse to give up ... you are one strong lady :)
  • Options
    I am truly truly truly grateful.

TO ALL OF YOU!!

This has been an amazing experience! To think not only would I quit the death stick, but would get to "meet" some of the most compassionate, intelligent and obviously wonderful people from all over the world. I have said it many times but the reason this has worked is the ability to rant, discuss and get others trial and tribulations that has made this "try" the one that finally worked!

Thank you from the top, middle and bottom of my heart. I am through, I know it! I know many of you are the same. What a gift you have all given me and I do not know how to ever pay you back. I will have to meet all of you at some point and give you a big hug and many libations :D

To Hartamh: I truly could have not have done this without you! I may be the original poster but I am sure as many of you know this was a joint effort from the beginning. The two of us were shocked were both smoked and with some dubious medical issues realized we needed a way to get each other psyched to do it. The fact that so many of you joined us made it the experience it is. Love of life and family.

I am so grateful.

To the tryers and helpers

CHEERS :drinks champagne:
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options
    Chime wrote:
    CONGRATULATIONS!!!

WOW Black Diamond and hartamh and hartamh's son ... and any others who may not have been keeping us posted on their progress ... you have reached

ONE MONTH!!!

... I know I and others are so proud of how amazingly well you have done and want to thank you for letting us non smokers become so much a part of this with you. You are all so awesome!

... and special congrats to yellowled24 for not letting one little slip get her down and be an excuse to give up ... you are one strong lady :)

ok that must have taken a ton of time to set that up!!

Thanks so much for always being there in the AM with a positive post and good cheer! I will find some way to repay you for all of your kindness! I do not know what inspired you to be such a good person but the world needs more of you!
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options
    SENROCKSENROCK Posts: 10,736
    damn!!!! a MONTH!!!!!! Im SO PROUD OF YOU BLACK D!!!!!! This is the best news! I knew you could do it!!!!! BIG BIG HUGS!!!! :D

And hart, CONGRATS AS WELL!!!!!!! I remember the day Black D told me about starting this thread. I knew you guys would be successful. Im so happy for you both AND for all of those that are trying INCLUDING the lovely Drowned Out wherever he may be!!! REmember; if you set your mind to something,
    YOU CAN DO IT!!!!!!
    applause for TEAM EXXXTEND YOUR LIFE!!!!!!!

p.s we need a party emoticon.....
    ~~~~~~ALWAYS HAVE A GOOD TIME~~~~~~
    Sir Mike McCready is....THE MASTER!!! WAHHH!!!
    EVENFLOW PSYCHOS H.N.I.C~FEEL THE FLOW!!!

"Pearl Jam fans are obsessed, they'd see the boys in HELL if tickets were sold."-CROJAM95

It takes balls to put out a UKE album!
  • Options
    SENROCK! wrote:
    damn!!!! a MONTH!!!!!! Im SO PROUD OF YOU BLACK D!!!!!! This is the best news! I knew you could do it!!!!! BIG BIG HUGS!!!! :D

And hart, CONGRATS AS WELL!!!!!!! I remember the day Black D told me about starting this thread. I knew you guys would be successful. Im so happy for you both AND for all of those that are trying INCLUDING the lovely Drowned Out wherever he may be!!! REmember; if you set your mind to something,
    YOU CAN DO IT!!!!!!
    applause for TEAM EXXXTEND YOUR LIFE!!!!!!!

p.s we need a party emoticon.....

:D Nothing better than getting virtual big hugs from my good friends!
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options
    Congrat everyone on one month, Here's to many more :raises glass:
    Uniondale. 2003
    MSG 1+2. 2010
    Wrigley. Brooklyn 2. Hartford. 2013
    St. Louis. Denver. 2014
    Global Citizens Festival. 2015
    MSG 2. Fenway 2. Wrigley 1. 2016
    Safeco 2. Missoula. 2018
  • Options
    Left Porch wrote:
    Congrat everyone on one month, Here's to many more :raises glass:

You are half way there! I will reserve toasting till we all make it!
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options
    keeponrockinkeeponrockin Posts: 7,446
    Congratulations! I haven't posted, but great job!
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • Options
    Thanks for that. The sticky patches on my arms and the stains they leave are going to take a long time to dissipate. But, well worth the price.

Congratulations to you on 1.5 Years!!

That is an amazing accomplishment and how to replicate.

Thanks for the words of encouragement.

No Problem, Congrats on the one month to all you, seriously before you know it will be like a year and you wont even have noticed that you weren't smoking.
    {if (work != 0) {
    work = work + 1;
    sleep = sleep - work * 10;}
    else if (work >= 0) {
    reality.equals(false);
    work = work +1;
    }system("pause");
    return 0;}
  • Options
    :o thanks BD ... and I have said it elsewhere but I wish you the happiest of birthdays :)

Meant to ask you ... after a few days have you noticed the change in the patch or is it pretty much smooth sailing?

Left Porch nice to see you ... glad things are still going well with you.

Wishing you all a relaxing Friday ... and a fun filled weekend :D
  • Options
    Chime wrote:
    :o thanks BD ... and I have said it elsewhere but I wish you the happiest of birthdays :)

Meant to ask you ... after a few days have you noticed the change in the patch or is it pretty much smooth sailing?

Left Porch nice to see you ... glad things are still going well with you.

Wishing you all a relaxing Friday ... and a fun filled weekend :D

Are you kidding!?! THANK YOU!

It has been mostly no different which I am suprised at. I worked myself up thinking it was going to be a big deal. Easy peasy :D

So not smoking on my Birthday for the first time in 27 years! 27 years I can not believe I smoked that long. I am hopeful my lungs will rebound. No coughing but it still feels like I do not have full capacity.

Bloody noses are persisting. Anyone else still getting them?
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options
    Are you kidding!?! THANK YOU!

It has been mostly no different which I am suprised at. I worked myself up thinking it was going to be a big deal. Easy peasy :D

So not smoking on my Birthday for the first time in 27 years! 27 years I can not believe I smoked that long. I am hopeful my lungs will rebound. No coughing but it still feels like I do not have full capacity.

Bloody noses are persisting. Anyone else still getting them?

I'm so glad the change of patch went smoothly :) Know you sounded a little anxious about it. So the change to patch 3 will be a breeze :D

Do you think the bloody noses could also be the stopping smoking combined with all the other stress you've been under?

May be you should see a doctor if they don't stop soon :o ... we want a happier healthier BD :D
  • Options
    Haven't had a chance to post much lately but things are going well. It really doesn't feel like 18 days which is a good thing. Worked a late shift last night which in the past meant smoking a ton, it was tough but going for a long run before I went into work helped. I'm going out tonight which should be a test because except for a few Met games (can't believe that shit happened again Black Diamond) I haven't tested myself too much as far as the social scene goes. I'm looking forward to it though and I believe it will go smoothly. Hope everyone has a good day.
    Uniondale. 2003
    MSG 1+2. 2010
    Wrigley. Brooklyn 2. Hartford. 2013
    St. Louis. Denver. 2014
    Global Citizens Festival. 2015
    MSG 2. Fenway 2. Wrigley 1. 2016
    Safeco 2. Missoula. 2018
  • Options
    Left Porch wrote:
    Haven't had a chance to post much lately but things are going well. It really doesn't feel like 18 days which is a good thing. Worked a late shift last night which in the past meant smoking a ton, it was tough but going for a long run before I went into work helped. I'm going out tonight which should be a test because except for a few Met games (can't believe that shit happened again Black Diamond) I haven't tested myself too much as far as the social scene goes. I'm looking forward to it though and I believe it will go smoothly. Hope everyone has a good day.

18 days and yeah I can't believe what happen either. Awesome progress and I can't believe you are running. I think 27 years has taken it's toll. So you will appreciate this. My wife in her awesomeness got me two of the benches from Shea that they are auctioning as my present. How awesome is that and my wife! Kids are pumped. They want to invite Mr. Met over.
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options
    SENROCKSENROCK Posts: 10,736
    18 days and yeah I can't believe what happen either. Awesome progress and I can't believe you are running. I think 27 years has taken it's toll. So you will appreciate this. My wife in her awesomeness got me two of the benches from Shea that they are auctioning as my present. How awesome is that and my wife! Kids are pumped. They want to invite Mr. Met over.

I havnt checked but have you shared your AMAAAAZING birthday gift news in your birthday thread??????? Your wife is the greatest woman i know of!!!! (not just cuz of the gift though) :)

STAY STRONG TEAM EXXXTEND YOUR LIFE!!!!!!!
    ~~~~~~ALWAYS HAVE A GOOD TIME~~~~~~
    Sir Mike McCready is....THE MASTER!!! WAHHH!!!
    EVENFLOW PSYCHOS H.N.I.C~FEEL THE FLOW!!!

"Pearl Jam fans are obsessed, they'd see the boys in HELL if tickets were sold."-CROJAM95

It takes balls to put out a UKE album!