Options

((( The Stop Smoking Cigarettes Thread)))

Comments

• Options
    DonJonDonJon Posts: 5,089
    Wow we've got a good mix of triers going now. Nothingman and Cocaine in the interim - best of luck.

I see one of our veterans nearly had a slip up both thought better of it - well done!!
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me.
  • Options
    Black DiamondBlack Diamond Posts: 25,107
    Hello everyone out there.

Quite a good weekend on the cig front. On Sunday I completely forgot to put the patch on (My wife has been terrific and has been putting it out on my picture frame on my sink every morning so I do not forget, but she forgot).

Did not realize it till I was giving the kids a shower on Sunday and there was no patch on the body.

That has got to be good.

How is everyone this morning. Tomorrow will be 7 weeks for me and my partner in grime. 7 patches left. How cool is that?
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options
    chimechime Posts: 7,838
    Sorry I've not checked in. Been away for a few days :)

Am on the train back to reality ... boooo!

Glad to see everyone is getting along great ... and we have some new triers.

woohoo BD not even noticing the patch wasn't on ... got to make you feel a little easier for a week tomorrow when no more patches for you :)
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?
  • Options
    Hello everyone out there.

Quite a good weekend on the cig front. On Sunday I completely forgot to put the patch on (My wife has been terrific and has been putting it out on my picture frame on my sink every morning so I do not forget, but she forgot).

Did not realize it till I was giving the kids a shower on Sunday and there was no patch on the body.

That has got to be good.

How is everyone this morning. Tomorrow will be 7 weeks for me and my partner in grime. 7 patches left. How cool is that?

Wow!! Well done! :D

7 weeks will soon be 8, then 9.... It's the end of nicotine forever! Serious kudos, my friend :D
    Been to this many PJ shows: Reading 2006 London 2007 Manchester & London 2009 Dublin, Belfast, London, Nijmegen & Berlin 2010 Manchester 1 & Manchester 2 2012...

... and I still think Drive-By Truckers are better.
  • Options
    Chime wrote:
    Sorry I've not checked in. Been away for a few days :)

Am on the train back to reality ... boooo!

Glad to see everyone is getting along great ... and we have some new triers.

woohoo BD not even noticing the patch wasn't on ... got to make you feel a little easier for a week tomorrow when no more patches for you :)

Welcome back! Definately missed. How was the trip home?
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options
    Wow!! Well done! :D

7 weeks will soon be 8, then 9.... It's the end of nicotine forever! Serious kudos, my friend :D

Thanks for the great cheer! It is people like you who have helped me get this far.

It is a miracle that myself and others have gotten through with all that is going on in the world. There has always been an excuse and a bad devil on my shoulder, but this time I am not taking the easy road and looking forward to the day when I can go a few days without thinking of it.
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options
    Nothingman54Nothingman54 Posts: 2,251
    6th Day on Chantix. Im smoking right now. But im still smoking less everyday. This stuff gives me crazy dreams!!!
    I'll be back
  • Options
    Hi, a few of us AET posters are going to try and quit this Tuesday September 2nd. We are long time smokers and we have all tried multiple times. We think by supporting each other and posting daily it would make our experience easier and hopefully successful.

If any one would like to join us we would love the company! The last cigarette we will smoke will be 11:59 on Sept 1.

We are going to use some form of the patch, gum, etc. so that we hope will make it easier.

If you are not a smoker or aren't ready, any positive support you give will be highly appreciated.

The Tryers are

Black Diamond
    Hartamh
    Kcherub
    urbanhippie
    Stone is God
    nuffingman (Cigars)
    Kosmic Jelli
    Drowned Out
    Music for Rhinos
    Left Porch

This is from Senrock! A Certificate for your achievement. Print it out. I have mine on my desk :D
    CLICK HERE

I've only just spotted this...

methinks I have a bone to pick with my best friend :mad:
    Been to this many PJ shows: Reading 2006 London 2007 Manchester & London 2009 Dublin, Belfast, London, Nijmegen & Berlin 2010 Manchester 1 & Manchester 2 2012...

• Options
    6th Day on Chantix. Im smoking right now. But im still smoking less everyday. This stuff gives me crazy dreams!!!

Less a day is better than more a day ;)

Keep it up! Soon it'll be none a day! :D

• Options

Oooh that reminds me! I have some names to add. Never be mad at someone who gave it a shot. One less cigarette is a tremendous thing!
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options
    Oooh that reminds me! I have some names to add. Never be mad at someone who gave it a shot. One less cigarette is a tremendous thing!

It is... but I've been threatening to break her legs for it for months!! :p

I'm willing to help anyone who wants to give up. As you say, one less is one better :)

• Options
    urbanhippieurbanhippie Posts: 3,007

I AM trying. I am still smoking, but it's significantly less than it was. All I can do is keep going and hope I can do better.

I have so much on my plate at the moment, that adding the stress of trying to quit fills me with fear :o I know in the end it'll only do me good, but to add another anxiety to my long list of 'em seems too much to bear :o
    A human being that was given to fly.

Wembley 18/06/07

If there was a reason, it was you.

O2 Arena 18/09/09
  • Options
    I AM trying. I am still smoking, but it's significantly less than it was. All I can do is keep going and hope I can do better.

I have so much on my plate at the moment, that adding the stress of trying to quit fills me with fear :o I know in the end it'll only do me good, but to add another anxiety to my long list of 'em seems too much to bear :o

GOOD FOR YOU!! You can not stop for good unless you are ready. You will always be a tryer. When you are ready you will know.
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options

I have noticed that you are smoking less and i'm proud of you.

Ideally I would like you to quit completely but I understand that you have a lot to deal with. You know i'll support you as much as I can :)

(but it still stands for you and Mark - start smoking more and i'll break yer limbs!! :p;))

• Options

Ideally I would like you to quit completely but I understand that you have a lot to deal with. You know i'll support you as much as I can :)

(but it still stands... start smoking more and i'll breka yer limbs!! :p;))

Friends like this are hard to find. I would have quit earlier with threats like that :p
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options
    Well I've gone from 15-16 cigarettes a day to 5-6, maybe a couple more on a bad day.
    I think on Friday, in the pub, I went out twice. Not too bad...ideally I'd like to get down to a couple a day. The ones that are hardest to lose are the first and last of the day.

Wembley 18/06/07

O2 Arena 18/09/09
  • Options
    Thank you :)
    I've done this first bit myself, but I think I'm going to need help to quit completely. I should take myself off to the docs and see what they have to say.

Wembley 18/06/07

O2 Arena 18/09/09
  • Options
    GOOD FOR YOU!! You can not stop for good unless you are ready. You will always be a tryer. When you are ready you will know.

Haha spoken like a professional! I suppose you can be classed as that now hey?

Did you put the patch back on or off em now??

New faces again in this thread. This is so good to see.

Can we do a thread similar to this to get everyone to stop saying 'like'??? :D
  • Options

(but it still stands for you and Mark - start smoking more and i'll break yer limbs!! :p;))

You sound like a good moderator in this thread. Don Jon will come and help Sian break limbs if you smoke more.....and he's a unit of a fella :D
  • Options
    DonJon wrote:
    You sound like a good moderator in this thread. Don Jon will come and help Sian break limbs if you smoke more.....and he's a unit of a fella :D

This so reminds me of Stephen King's Cat's Eye, where one part is about a stop smoking clinic run by the mob! Great movie.

Anyway 7 weeeeeeeks!!!!!
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options
    Congrats everyone :)

Keep up the good work... and remember, everytime a cigarette makes contact with your lip, Sian-of-the-dead knooooows... She has a naughty and nice list like Santa and everything ;)

Don't wanna be breaking any limbs now, do I?! :p

I'm joking, but seriously, well done all :)

• Options
    Ok this reminds me of the Grover, "There's a monster at the end of this book". He is sooooo scared but the monster turns out to be little ol furry grover.

So I am the monster at the end of the book. The fact that I am soooo nervous about leaving the patch behind is normal right. But at the end I will be a furry lovable creature.
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options
    Ok this reminds me of the Grover, "There's a monster at the end of this book". He is sooooo scared but the monster turns out to be little ol furry grover.

So I am the monster at the end of the book. The fact that I am soooo nervous about leaving the patch behind is normal right. But at the end I will be a furry lovable creature.

You'll be right. This long without them I reckon you coulda got off the patch a couple of weeks ago
  • Options
    3 days!! It would be more :( but I had a weak moment...stupid stress...but still, it's the longest I've gone in 8 years.
    "The customer...is always...an ASSHOLE"

"The world fascinates me."

"Doesn't mean that much to me, to mean that much to you"

• Options
    chimechime Posts: 7,838
    Cocaine nosejob congrats on the longest stretch in 3 years :)

I've been away again and have just returned and since it is now Tuesday on this side of the world just wanted to say congrats to BD for becoming officially nicotine free! Your free of the patches :D

Also super congrats to hartamh for 2 weeks patch free :)

You guys are A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!!!

Sorry I haven't been around much lately :o ... but I have been thinking about you guys.

urbanhippie ... hope things are getting a little easier and you are managing to cut down further ... what you have managed so far is great ... hopefully see you and hlf in a few weeks at Sigur Ros

... and everyone else I hope things are going well
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?
  • Options
    hartamh wrote:
    Welcome back Chime!! Thank you soooooooooo much

Your a breath of fresh air {pardon the pun} ;) Congrats BD I'm so proud of you (((((((((((hugs))))))))))))))) honestly without you I really don't think I could have done it..thank you friend :)

I want to thank everyone and anyone from the tryers to the people who encourage us all the time.. I really hope we all (as SENROCK! would say)
    ~EXXTEND OUR LIVES~ maybe we all inspired Ed to quit too!!!!
    How awesome would that be ;) ?

I'd like to think somehow each and everyone of us in some way were:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ PAYING IT FORWARD ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

((((((love & hugs))))))))

I MADE IT!!! NO PATCH! VERY CRANKY! ALREADY YELLED AT TWO PEOPLE!
    CAN'T STOP WRITING IN CAPITAL LETTERS!

SO I AM SO HAPPY FOR EVERYONE! HARTAMH, COULD NOT HAVE DONE IT WITHOUT YOU AND ALL OF YOU WHO HAVE BEEN THERE TRYING OR CHEERING US ON!

THANKS EVERYONE! THE CLOCK STARTS AGAIN, DAY 1 NICOTINE FREE (DAY 65 NO CIGARETTES)!
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options
    Alright so I posted a while ago earlier on in the thread with some advice on quitting and my own story.

I kinda relapsed right after that and had been smoking pretty much all this time but I've been inspired by you guys, my personal friends who are also quitting at the same time and hearing about Ed's cleanse. I still maintain that all the things I said way before are good tips for quitting.

So I'm giving it another go....no patch, no gum, just cold turkey like I always do it.

Happy to say today (Tuesday) is Day 2 for me having made it through a successful Day 1 yesterday. Luckily the urges haven't been too strong and I'm determined to make it far this time. I'll keep you guys posted.
  • Options
    Alright so I posted a while ago earlier on in the thread with some advice on quitting and my own story.

I kinda relapsed right after that and had been smoking pretty much all this time but I've been inspired by you guys, my personal friends who are also quitting at the same time and hearing about Ed's cleanse. I still maintain that all the things I said way before are good tips for quitting.

So I'm giving it another go....no patch, no gum, just cold turkey like I always do it.

Happy to say today (Tuesday) is Day 2 for me having made it through a successful Day 1 yesterday. Luckily the urges haven't been too strong and I'm determined to make it far this time. I'll keep you guys posted.

Wow!!! That is awesome! Nothing better than giving it a go again. I am amazed people can do it cold turkey. Today is day one of I guess cold turkey and I am definately not 100% but I will be in time.
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options
    Stone Is GodStone Is God Posts: 1,329
    Everything is still peachy over here. My fiance is going on 7 weeks and I believe I'm at around 6. Really don't have any cravings any more, maybe once in a while.

My real test will be a 4 hour limo ride to NYC to see Oasis on December 17th. I will be in a car with 2 smokers and we will be having "festivities" as we go down there. Luckily our 4th is about to quit so I'll have some support.
  • Options
    pearljamjenpearljamjen Posts: 13,578
    I MADE IT!!! NO PATCH! VERY CRANKY! ALREADY YELLED AT TWO PEOPLE!
    CAN'T STOP WRITING IN CAPITAL LETTERS!

SO I AM SO HAPPY FOR EVERYONE! HARTAMH, COULD NOT HAVE DONE IT WITHOUT YOU AND ALL OF YOU WHO HAVE BEEN THERE TRYING OR CHEERING US ON!

THANKS EVERYONE! THE CLOCK STARTS AGAIN, DAY 1 NICOTINE FREE (DAY 65 NO CIGARETTES)!

That's so awesome!! Don't be cranky! I'll be cranky for you ;)

I'm really proud of you BD :)