Options

((( The Stop Smoking Cigarettes Thread)))

Comments

• Options
    Black DiamondBlack Diamond Posts: 25,107
    Just checking in. It's been over 5 weeks for the fiance and me. All seems to be going well and I'm glad to hear people are having success in this.

Keep up the good work everyone.

Wow!!! I keep wondering what is going on with you! Amazing! Thanks for the update.
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options
    Left Porch wrote:
    My willpower has been weak these past couple of weekends. I go out to grab some food with my cousin (a heavy smoker) and later in the night I realise the SOB left a pack of cigarettes sitting on my passenger seat. I caved, and had one before throwing them out the window. I went back on the patch on Sunday, that's what I have had the most luck with. Sounds like everyone on here is doing well, keep up the good work guys, I'm back on day four, which I believe means that me and Eddie Vedder are smoke-free for about the same amount of time ;).

Hey, you know what no smoking on weekdays is better than smoking on weekdays!

I think it is incredible that you keep trying. The patch is a big help. I am onto patch #3 and no problems yet.
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options
    Stone Is GodStone Is God Posts: 1,329
    Wow!!! I keep wondering what is going on with you! Amazing! Thanks for the update.

Yea, I just peak my head in and out.

It's good to have the support that my fiance is and vice versa. Having 2 people working towards a common goal makes things better.

I'm glad it's going well for most people in here.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me.
  • Options
    dawngdawng Posts: 644
    Congrats to all of you!!! those on day 4 and on week 6! whoo hoo!

***happy dance for you all***

For those of you that quit and relapsed and then quit again- good for you!!! Keep trying - you can do it! :)

And how great that EV is also quitting - although that salt/water/cayenne detox just sounds harsh on the system! Never heard of it before...but whatever works! ;)

cheers! keep it up!
    Check out my Sudsy Chick Etsy Store for all natural homemade bath products!
  • Options
    BlackD told me to come on over so here I am!

I'm here! I'm quee... oh wait, no i'm not...

:o

Hi all, how's it going? :)
    Been to this many PJ shows: Reading 2006 London 2007 Manchester & London 2009 Dublin, Belfast, London, Nijmegen & Berlin 2010 Manchester 1 & Manchester 2 2012...

... and I still think Drive-By Truckers are better.
  • Options
    BlackD told me to come on over so here I am!

I'm here! I'm quee... oh wait, no i'm not...

:o

Hi all, how's it going? :)

How do you say keep up the good work in Coventry :D
    I am definately going there when I go back to the UK. I have seen the flights to midlands and had no idea where they were.
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options
    How do you say keep up the good work in Coventry :D
    I am definately going there when I go back to the UK. I have seen the flights to midlands and had no idea where they were.

"Keep up the gud work innit."

;)

Probably Birmingham International Airport, East Midlands Airport or Coventry Airport.

The latter is like a shed in a field... but then, you probably expected that.

I'll make it clear now, I'm really anti smoking and i'm proud of everyone who's made the decision to give up no matter how far along they are.
    I was gonna venture in here to show my support not so long ago but it seems rather well established and I didn't want to tread on any toes :o
    Been to this many PJ shows: Reading 2006 London 2007 Manchester & London 2009 Dublin, Belfast, London, Nijmegen & Berlin 2010 Manchester 1 & Manchester 2 2012...

• Options
    Good luck to all of those that are still hanging in there! I quit 3 1/2 years ago after smoking for about 10 years and it was one of the best things I have ever done for myself! I admire anyone who is quitting or has quit.
    "I wish I was the souvenir you kept your house key on"

6/11/08 West Palm
  • Options
    monkeywish wrote:
    Good luck to all of those that are still hanging in there! I quit 3 1/2 years ago after smoking for about 10 years and it was one of the best things I have ever done for myself! I admire anyone who is quitting or has quit.

3 1/2 years ago? wow! kudos to you! :D

How did you do it? Patches? Gum? Cold turkey?

Out of interest, why did you quit?

• Options
    Nothingman54Nothingman54 Posts: 2,251
    I got Chantix(ms) yesterday. took my first pill this morning. Im on my way to a smoke free life!!!!
    I'll be back
  • Options
    DonJonDonJon Posts: 5,089
    I got Chantix(ms) yesterday. took my first pill this morning. Im on my way to a smoke free life!!!!

Good for you champ.

I had a close friend give up recently and he took that stuff. Said his dreams was incredibly bizarre.

**waves to TEYL members and triers***
  • Options
    StellaStella Posts: 283
    Dreams are better on the champix than the Zyban.

Also to everyone using champix (chamtix whatever it's called in US) make sure you try and change your habits too. Because champix is not a magic pill that will suddenly make you quit. You can still get cravings from things like ... for example, if you drink coffee every morning with your cigarette as the first thing you do of the day... You need to change this routine, cause when you come off champix, you can still get cravings when you have a coffee because that's the association that you have learned. You need to un learn habits and routines, and then you be majorly successful!

Yay to everyone!!! Keep it up!
    I have no signature
  • Options
    *dawn* wrote:
    Congrats to all of you!!! those on day 4 and on week 6! whoo hoo!

***happy dance for you all***

For those of you that quit and relapsed and then quit again- good for you!!! Keep trying - you can do it! :)

And how great that EV is also quitting - although that salt/water/cayenne detox just sounds harsh on the system! Never heard of it before...but whatever works! ;)

cheers! keep it up!
    Thanks *dawn*!

You words of encouragement through out have been a huge help!
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options
    Dude!

That is awesome! It has been such a crazy ride! Please feel free to jump in here to post everyone on progress or to vent or whatever! The thread has been a great help to me personally and anything I can do to make it easier for you would be my pleasure!
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options
    DonJon wrote:
    Good for you champ.

I had a close friend give up recently and he took that stuff. Said his dreams was incredibly bizarre.

**waves to TEYL members and triers***

Right before I woke up a few min ago I had a crazy dream I was at home depot and Pearl Jam was playing there and Ed was singing in a hot tub that was on display?? Pretty crazy.
    I'll be back
  • Options
    Dude!

That is awesome! It has been such a crazy ride! Please feel free to jump in here to post everyone on progress or to vent or whatever! The thread has been a great help to me personally and anything I can do to make it easier for you would be my pleasure!

Im still smoking, but not as much today is the second day of Chantix.
    I'll be back
  • Options
    Right before I woke up a few min ago I had a crazy dream I was at home depot and Pearl Jam was playing there and Ed was singing in a hot tub that was on display?? Pretty crazy.
    Dude, I had one where PJ was playing on a street corner but it was so packed that I was 2 blocks away. Very stressful!!
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options
    Dude, I had one where PJ was playing on a street corner but it was so packed that I was 2 blocks away. Very stressful!!

LOL.
    I'll be back
  • Options
    I've decided to take the plunge.... :eek:
    Ed help me...

*vomits in nervousness and heads out for that one last happiness stick*

Edit: Ed as in Wood...not Vedder.
    Although if EdVed wants to lend his services...who am I to disappoint? ;)
    "The customer...is always...an ASSHOLE"

"The world fascinates me."

"Doesn't mean that much to me, to mean that much to you"

• Options
    Another few on the bandwagon...good to see. This thread is going gangbusters and it makes me feel guilty that I should be doing something **contemplates giving up beer** :eek: ...hmmm maybe not!

Its now a BIG Team Extend Your Life.

Those that are over the month banner have to be close to getting off the patches yeah? Dont reckon you guys need em now the way you've been going but do it properly I suppose.

Next step in your lives is to have a reason for coming to the "Post Your Daily Workout' thread :D
  • Options
    Haha...I already have a daily workout, which is part of the reason I'm quitting the smoking.
    I work part-time as a personal trainer and my boss said to me today...'you know...you help other people get healthier, then when they leave you go out and smoke. Something's wrong there."
    And he's right lol

• Options
    Haha...I already have a daily workout, which is part of the reason I'm quitting the smoking.
    I work part-time as a personal trainer and my boss said to me today...'you know...you help other people get healthier, then when they leave you go out and smoke. Something's wrong there."
    And he's right lol

Mate that absolutely cracks me up. Too funny.

Took me about 3-4 months to get all the gunk/crap off my chest when I gave up. I spewed quite a few times and Im sure it stemmed from the phlegm while I was training.

I will be SO interested to see how you feel week after week regarding breathing, intensity etc......of any person Id be interested to see the results/changes on it would be you. Keep me informed would ya?
  • Options
    DonJon wrote:
    Mate that absolutely cracks me up. Too funny.

Took me about 3-4 months to get all the gunk/crap off my chest when I gave up. I spewed quite a few times and Im sure it stemmed from the phlegm while I was training.

I will be SO interested to see how you feel week after week regarding breathing, intensity etc......of any person Id be interested to see the results/changes on it would be you. Keep me informed would ya?

For sure...I'm almost afraid to let my boss know that I'm quitting for exactly those reasons. Don't need him watching me any closer than he already does!

• Options
    For sure...I'm almost afraid to let my boss know that I'm quitting for exactly those reasons. Don't need him watching me any closer than he already does!

Yeah exactly. You can understand the intrigue though cant ya.

I train 3 days a week with the guys at Fitness First across the road from me. Its a good benchmark for me.

We had christmas drinks last year and there were 2 of the girls out front smoking half the night. Was just such a weird sight after you see what they are capable of when training.

On that note Im off for the serious stuff for an hour.

Best of luck with the start of it mate!!!

Do you do lines of coke while you train as well?:D
  • Options
    DonJon wrote:
    Yeah exactly. You can understand the intrigue though cant ya.

I train 3 days a week with the guys at Fitness First across the road from me. Its a good benchmark for me.

We had christmas drinks last year and there were 2 of the girls out front smoking half the night. Was just such a weird sight after you see what they are capable of when training.

On that note Im off for the serious stuff for an hour.

Best of luck with the start of it mate!!!

Do you do lines of coke while you train as well?:D

:D depends on the client.
    Thanks for the luck...I'll be needing it!

• Options
    So I'm officially only about 18 hours in and Sean brings a friend home with him, and the friend walks right into my house with a fucking cigarette in hand and Sean doesn't see why this is a problem.
    Fuck, this would bother me even if I wasn't trying to quit...I've never let ANYONE smoke in my house.

• Options
    4th day on Chantix, today starts 2 pills, im still smoking, buts its less.
    I'll be back
  • Options
    So I'm officially only about 18 hours in and Sean brings a friend home with him, and the friend walks right into my house with a fucking cigarette in hand and Sean doesn't see why this is a problem.
    Fuck, this would bother me even if I wasn't trying to quit...I've never let ANYONE smoke in my house.

Alright! Yeah we got a lot of people around here who have some nervy people in their lives! But you got through it and were mad so those are terrific signs!!

I am really happy you decided to join all of us!
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options
    4th day on Chantix, today starts 2 pills, im still smoking, buts its less.
    Awesome that you are getting closer! Good luck from this point on!
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options
    hartamh wrote:
    Good Morning!!

Sorry I haven't been around for a couple of days. I'm just checking in to see how everyone is doing.

Good to see that most of you are still ((((cancer sticks)))) free :) .

I have to admit that I've been really stressed the past couple of days, and did get an urge to have one :o , but didn't. Feels good that I didn't do it ;) .

What really pisses me off is that hubby will still smoke in the car :mad: . It really feels like he could give a shit about anyone else.

Have a great day to all of you

((((((((((((((((((((((love & hugs))))))))))))))))))))))))

Welcome back my friend!

So 47 days for some of us! Amazing!!!!

I just looked in my bathroom and I have only 9!!!!!!!! patches left :D

Not scared but excited!!

I hope everyone is having a fabulous weekend and I hope Left Porch can get through without a ciggie :finger crossed:
    GoiMTvP.gif