Options

((( The Stop Smoking Cigarettes Thread)))

Comments

• Options
    *dawn* wrote:
    Great job everybody :) good to see new people joining in too! Nice job on 18 days! Whatcha going to do with your $180? :)

But I'm not getting into any cheerleaders outfit - sorry ;)

That just paid for tix for the AC/DC show I am going to take my boys too.

Thanks for all the support.
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options
    Just got back from a run, which was nice. My stamina is nowhere near where it was/should be but that keeps me motivated. The mood swings and anger have been the hardest parts to cope with thus far, I'm shocked I haven't hit anyone yet :).
    Uniondale. 2003
    MSG 1+2. 2010
    Wrigley. Brooklyn 2. Hartford. 2013
    St. Louis. Denver. 2014
    Global Citizens Festival. 2015
    MSG 2. Fenway 2. Wrigley 1. 2016
    Safeco 2. Missoula. 2018
  • Options
    Left Porch wrote:
    Just got back from a run, which was nice. My stamina is nowhere near where it was/should be but that keeps me motivated. The mood swings and anger have been the hardest parts to cope with thus far, I'm shocked I haven't hit anyone yet :).

I am going to be in Soho tonight. Come by and take a swing :)
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options
    I am going to be in Soho tonight. Come by and take a swing :)

haha, thanks bro I live about a half hour from the city so watch out!
    Uniondale. 2003
    MSG 1+2. 2010
    St. Louis. Denver. 2014
    Safeco 2. Missoula. 2018
  • Options
    hartamh wrote:
    Just wanted to say HELLO sleepy heads :) .

I know I'm getting stronger, because there is a pack of cigarettes right beside me on my desk, and along with that this room just smells of cigarettes :( . I'm not tempted to smoke. It just sucks having someone that does in the house, car where ever :rolleyes: .

It is so cold this morning brrrrr :eek:

How is everybody else doing???

lol
    Good morning!

Well thanks to a certain helper from across the pond, just got AC/DC tickets in November with my boys.

I am sooo happy. Seats suck but they went fast. Who cares?

My non smoking money going to a great cause!

Rocking out my kids!!!

How is everyone this morning! I can't believe you have to deal with the smokes right by you and have kept it going!!!! You are amazing.
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options
    Does the patch irritatate anyone elses skin? I have a big red mark on my left arm from wearing the patch and it's very itchy so I am currently flying solo without the patch on. Wish me luck.
    Uniondale. 2003
    MSG 1+2. 2010
    St. Louis. Denver. 2014
    Safeco 2. Missoula. 2018
  • Options
    Left Porch wrote:
    Does the patch irritatate anyone elses skin? I have a big red mark on my left arm from wearing the patch and it's very itchy so I am currently flying solo without the patch on. Wish me luck.

Sometimes. But you need to move it around. Try it in another place instead of not wearing it at all. I keep switching it up all around both arms and even my legs. Change every 24 hours.
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options
    Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,490
    good luck to everyone

would be interested to know the difference smokers feel after they stop smoking, except for their wallet getting heavier ;p
  • Options
    I BrisK I wrote:
    good luck to everyone

would be interested to know the difference smokers feel after they stop smoking, except for their wallet getting heavier ;p

I have been smoking for 27 years and this is the first time I have not had a cigarette for this long. Everyone always knew me as having a hacking cough and was always out of breath.

For the first time since I can remember I can take a full breath (or at least what I think is a full breath :) )

I also do not smell.

I am NOT coughing at all.

I can smell better.

I can taste better.

I am FATTER. Work on that later.
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options
    Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,490
    I have been smoking for 27 years and this is the first time I have not had a cigarette for this long. Everyone always knew me as having a hacking cough and was always out of breath.

For the first time since I can remember I can take a full breath (or at least what I think is a full breath :) )

I also do not smell.

I can smell better.

I can taste better.

all good then :)

how much would you normally spend a week on ciggs?
  • Options
    I BrisK I wrote:
    all good then :)

how much would you normally spend a week on ciggs?
    BTW thanks for the support. It really helps.

$70 a week. So 3 weeks and 3 tix to AC/DC. I would say a good trade :D
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options
    DonJonDonJon Posts: 5,089

I also do not smell.

I can smell better.

I can taste better.

Awesome stuff.

Day 18 that has gone so quick (well maybe not so much for you guys). Is everyone still going strong?
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me.
  • Options
    DonJon wrote:
    Awesome stuff.

Day 18 that has gone so quick (well maybe not so much for you guys). Is everyone still going strong?

Good morning! Thanks DonJon as always. Things are great and am really settling in with no interest in the smoking. Went to a party saturday where the host left out packs of cigarettes for their guests at the bars. Lots and lots of smokers (along with lots of drinking). Kept away and was quite frankly disgusted. One thing my wife pointed out, that I am doing a lot more things with the kids. Never realized that anytime I got an oppotunity to do a chore, go shopping,etc. I would never take the kids because it was an opportunity to smoke. They are used to having to beg me to take them with me and usually yelling and mumbling about doing it myself.

I still find myself a little bit grumpy and fly off the handle easier but I am really enjoying the time with the kids.

PS Hartamh, of course I would take you out for dinner. My wife, kids and I owe you so much.
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options
    SENROCKSENROCK Posts: 10,736
    I still find myself a little bit grumpy and fly off the handle easier but I am really enjoying the time with the kids.
    yeah, u ARE quite grumpy. :D of COURSE im kidding! I hadd to poke fun cuz u have mentioned in here that you'd be moody or angry or whatever from not smoking but....i've not once exxxperienced that side of you!

I hope everyone else that is trying to stop smoking is hanging in there. If you slip up, just start all over again! YOU CAN DO IT!!!!
    TEAM EXXXTEND YOUR LIFE!!!!!!! WOOHOOO!!!!
    ~~~~~~ALWAYS HAVE A GOOD TIME~~~~~~
    Sir Mike McCready is....THE MASTER!!! WAHHH!!!
    EVENFLOW PSYCHOS H.N.I.C~FEEL THE FLOW!!!

"Pearl Jam fans are obsessed, they'd see the boys in HELL if tickets were sold."-CROJAM95

It takes balls to put out a UKE album!
  • Options
    Good morning! Thanks DonJon as always. Things are great and am really settling in with no interest in the smoking. Went to a party saturday where the host left out packs of cigarettes for their guests at the bars. Lots and lots of smokers (along with lots of drinking). Kept away and was quite frankly disgusted. One thing my wife pointed out, that I am doing a lot more things with the kids. Never realized that anytime I got an oppotunity to do a chore, go shopping,etc. I would never take the kids because it was an opportunity to smoke. They are used to having to beg me to take them with me and usually yelling and mumbling about doing it myself.

PS Hartamh, of course I would take you out for dinner. My wife, kids and I owe you so much.

Jolly good for you....see I told you you'd slowly see the results...and when it relates to family thats even better.

I seriously reckon you are 75% of the way there from your words/thoughts.

First thing I ever noticed was the lack pf phlegm/mucus (sp?) in the morning, followed by my beer tasting nicer. The longest part was the fitness and I was still 'bring shit up' at the gym at least 6-8 weeks later.

GO TEYL. 3 weeks down
  • Options
    hartamh wrote:
    Day #20!!! I still can't believe it :) .

How's everybody doing? I know it can be really hard some days and that's what this thread is for..

I just want to take a moment and thank all my supporters, and you know who you are ;) . You've given me so much strength to get through it, and I will NEVER forget you ;)

lol

And never forget that you are now a non-smoker too Hartamh.

Are the 'hard days' getting any less frequent/easier?
  • Options
    chimechime Posts: 7,838
    3 WEEKS !!!!!

Congratulations. Wow ... and it's great to hear how it is changing your lives in other ways for the better as well.

... and to all those haven't reached the 3 week milestone yet ... keep on keeping on ... we have some that prove it can be done!

DonJon ... you get that cheerleader outfit yet ;)
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?
  • Options
    LizardLizard So Cal Posts: 12,085
    [size=+1]Congrats EVERYONE.

This is awesome---don't know why I never read this thread before![/size]
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • Options
    Today's day 8, going very well thus far. Getting back a little bit of stamina and starting to smell better as well, which is great now that fall is here. Only issues have been mood swings and some issues sleeping but in due time that should go away. Thanks for the support everyone, you all rock.
    Uniondale. 2003
    MSG 1+2. 2010
    St. Louis. Denver. 2014
    Safeco 2. Missoula. 2018
  • Options
    Left Porch wrote:
    Today's day 8, going very well thus far. Getting back a little bit of stamina and starting to smell better as well, which is great now that fall is here. Only issues have been mood swings and some issues sleeping but in due time that should go away. Thanks for the support everyone, you all rock.

I am so glad you came back and got to Day 8. It is amazing how fast your body seems to recover.

Keep checking in! It gives me and everyone strength.
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options
    hartamh wrote:
    Congrats to those that are sticking this out (life without cancer sticks). After all this is a life style change, and I'm feeling pretty good about it :) .

Again thank you all for your support. Your comments and praises are a big factor to. More than you could ever know :) , and I mean that with all my heart, and a very special thanks to (you know who you are) for putting up with me during all of this ;)

lol

Hey my partner in grime! 3 weeks is just crazy! I can not believe we made it this far. You and all the tryers and helpers have been an inspiration for me.

Day 21 has been a non event because I have a fever and been in bed all day. :( But seeing all of the posts is fantastic!
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options
    Chime wrote:
    3 WEEKS !!!!!

DonJon ... you get that cheerleader outfit yet ;)

So not only do I get to wear a dress....I gotta wax me legs and learn to dance also?

Ive been practicing. :D
  • Options
    hartamh wrote:
    Thanks DonJon,

I just can't stomach the smell of cigs. anymore. :(

Thank you again for caring :)

That is such a good sign!!! Think now of what lots of others used to think when standing around you. :D

Welcome...Im here till the end
  • Options
    Left Porch wrote:

Why not make 3 straight posts hey...........

Another one on the bandwagon I didnt know about. Good for you mate. Yes the mood swings will go and you'll be so much better for it.

Now hurry and catch the rest of them on 3 WEEKS! :D. Good luck
  • Options
    Good morning everyone!

Love getting my good vibe messages from the other side of the world. Puts a :) on my face.

Day 22 was :eek; day because of high fever and flu but the fever is gone this AM and I am on.the bus to work. Had to go in today because it is goodbye dinner to my bosses boss and he is such an awesome guy. This market has had some awful casualties but this one hit home the hardest. One of the smartest guys in the biz and a true mentor. I look forward to his trying to bum a smoke off of me (he is a drinking smoker). I think it will shock the crap out of him. I really get happy when I suprise people in a good way!

Thanks again to everyone for well wishes yeasterday and for all the wonderful help I have.
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options
    SENROCKSENROCK Posts: 10,736
    I look forward to his trying to bum a smoke off of me (he is a drinking smoker). I think it will shock the crap out of him. I really get happy when I suprise people in a good way!
    hahahaha thats funny! you have to report back what he says when he learns you are over the cigarettes!!!! offer him a pack of gum!!! :D
    SO proud of you Black D!!!!
    ~~~~~~ALWAYS HAVE A GOOD TIME~~~~~~
    Sir Mike McCready is....THE MASTER!!! WAHHH!!!
    EVENFLOW PSYCHOS H.N.I.C~FEEL THE FLOW!!!

"Pearl Jam fans are obsessed, they'd see the boys in HELL if tickets were sold."-CROJAM95

It takes balls to put out a UKE album!
  • Options
    chimechime Posts: 7,838
    Glad you are feeling better BD :) ... and you get to enjoy today.

... and hope all those stopping smoking although they may have bad days are starting to feel the effects of stopping and feel better too ;)

Well done hartamh always here encouraging :)
    hartamh wrote:
    I just can't stomach the smell of cigs. anymore.

Do you think of this as good thing? ... I've always been this way ... makes things difficult when you're attracted to a smoker :o ... so must be hard living with one ... you are one strong lady!

Left Porch ... so today is day 9 ... nearly double figures congrats!

Hope you all have a good ... no GREAT day :D
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?
  • Options
    Chime wrote:
    Glad you are feeling better BD :) ... and you get to enjoy today.

... and hope all those stopping smoking although they may have bad days are starting to feel the effects of stopping and feel better too ;)

Well done hartamh always here encouraging :)

Do you think of this as good thing? ... I've always been this way ... makes things difficult when you're attracted to a smoker :o ... so must be hard living with one ... you are one strong lady!

Left Porch ... so today is day 9 ... nearly double figures congrats!

Hope you all have a good ... no GREAT day :D

Always such a pleasure to get a very inpsiring message from you in the AM. It truly makes my day!

Left Porch - I am so psyched for you! Double Digits is a day away! That is when I knew I would do this!
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options
    Thanks for the support everyone I really appreciate it. Went to the Met game last night, had a few beers in the parking lot before and a few more at the game. The urge to smoke was definitely there especially since we were sitting in the last possible row of the upper deck where two of the people I was with and many others were lighting up. With gum, willpower, the patch and more importantly a great game I was able to get through it. My work schedule has been very light (only workin 3 days a week) which has given me time to exercise and the not spending $6.50 a day has helped save a little bit of money while my income is not very steady.

Sounds like all of you are doing great as well, good luck and thanks again.
    Uniondale. 2003
    MSG 1+2. 2010
    St. Louis. Denver. 2014
    Safeco 2. Missoula. 2018
  • Options
    Left Porch wrote:
    Thanks for the support everyone I really appreciate it. Went to the Met game last night, had a few beers in the parking lot before and a few more at the game. The urge to smoke was definitely there especially since we were sitting in the last possible row of the upper deck where two of the people I was with and many others were lighting up. With gum, willpower, the patch and more importantly a great game I was able to get through it. My work schedule has been very light (only workin 3 days a week) which has given me time to exercise and the not spending $6.50 a day has helped save a little bit of money while my income is not very steady.

Sounds like all of you are doing great as well, good luck and thanks again.

YOU WERE at the GAME last night! Ahhhh! Jealous! Was there a couple of weeks ago.

I grew up about 10/15 minutes from Shea and sat in your seats everytime we cut out of school. Nothing better than a spring day in the cheap seats at Shea and watching the Flushing River burn.
    GoiMTvP.gif