Options

((( The Stop Smoking Cigarettes Thread)))

Comments

• Options
    Jeremy1012Jeremy1012 Posts: 7,170
    I want a cigarette so fucking much right now.
    "I remember one night at Muzdalifa with nothing but the sky overhead, I lay awake amid sleeping Muslim brothers and I learned that pilgrims from every land — every colour, and class, and rank; high officials and the beggar alike — all snored in the same language"
  • Options
    i wish all of you luck in quitting :D you can do it!!!

i'm not a smoker myself, but almost everyone in my immediate and extended family is. i wish that they would all have the sense and will power to quit...no such luck thus far. maybe i'll give them a bit of encouragement and see what happens :)
    yes...i do feel like a human. i do not feel like a tree.
  • Options
    kcherubkcherub Posts: 961
    Just wanted to let you know it. I am kind of humbled at this thread and how well everyone is doing.

I haven't posted much as I had some suspicious medical things going on, but it's going to be fine. Hope you all didn't think I wasn't still in the game and rooting others on! :)
    I still want you all to "take care"--I am just damn tired of typing it.

http://www.youtube.com/user/kcherub#p/a/u/0/N-UQprRqSwo
  • Options
    iamsampj wrote:
    i wish all of you luck in quitting :D you can do it!!!

i'm not a smoker myself, but almost everyone in my immediate and extended family is. i wish that they would all have the sense and will power to quit...no such luck thus far. maybe i'll give them a bit of encouragement and see what happens :)
    Tell them to join the pit. This is working wonders for me. Thanks for the great words. We will not forget!
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options
    Jeremy1012 wrote:
    I want a cigarette so fucking much right now.
    Sorry I was not around. Did you make it through? Use the thread for that!
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options
    SENROCK! wrote:
    haha the other day in support of the one week anniversary, i created a certificate for everyone in this thread who stopped smoking. Couldnt put everyones names so i just came up with that as the team name! Of course im NOT the team captain but....it works for now! :D
    Yes you are. You are tops on the list my dear!
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options
    kcherub wrote:
    Just wanted to let you know it. I am kind of humbled at this thread and how well everyone is doing.

I haven't posted much as I had some suspicious medical things going on, but it's going to be fine. Hope you all didn't think I wasn't still in the game and rooting others on! :)
    I am so glad you check in! I hope you are OK! We know you were there from the start! Let us know what is going on!
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options
    hartamh wrote:
    I just want to thank EVERYONE for your support :)

I'm proud to say I haven't even had the urge to start smoking again :) , and I know it's because of all of you.

After I've stop smoking for a while, I'm hoping I have the same kind of strength to change other things in my life.

I would like to congratulate everyone who has stopped ;) I know it's tough, so when your feeling like you want to give in please come to this thread so you can vent or get the support you deserve.

lol
    12 days!! Holy moly. No urges today. Yesterday was a bear but learned more lessons and put myself in situations that I should not for a while.

A big gain from not smoking is all the extra time I got. I don't have to sneak out and smoke, no trips away from the kids to sneak one in. Have more time to post!! Like I need that.

Anyway hope this is an easy weekend for the tryers! As always thanks for the support from the support team. You are the best!
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options
    SOLAT319 wrote:
    Did you guys ask Eddie Prettyboy Whitepants if he wanted to join this great effort?
    SENROCK send your boy a Certificate of Achievement! :D
    Seriously though, good luck to all of ya!!!

How COOL would it be if the brotherhood of the White pants would join in!

If he checks in the boards, please join in! Keep your voice going longer and you will have a longer time to enjoy the beautiful things you have created!
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options
    SENROCKSENROCK Posts: 10,736
    hartamh wrote:
    I would like to congratulate everyone who has stopped ;) I know it's tough, so when your feeling like you want to give in please come to this thread so you can vent or get the support you deserve.

lol
    Very happy for you!

Whenever you guys are faced with an Adrian Balboa that screams in your face "YOU CANT WIN!!!!".......give them the look and show them YOU CAN DO IT!!!! :D
    ~~~~~~ALWAYS HAVE A GOOD TIME~~~~~~
    Sir Mike McCready is....THE MASTER!!! WAHHH!!!
    EVENFLOW PSYCHOS H.N.I.C~FEEL THE FLOW!!!

"Pearl Jam fans are obsessed, they'd see the boys in HELL if tickets were sold."-CROJAM95

It takes balls to put out a UKE album!
  • Options
    My mother brought me up never to be a quitter !
    "I am ahead, I am advanced, I am the
    first man to buy all of Stones
    underpants" E.V. during DTE 7-9-03
  • Options
    Jeremy1012Jeremy1012 Posts: 7,170
    Sorry I was not around. Did you make it through? Use the thread for that!
    Yeah, I made it through thanks :) I didn't have any cigs or tobacco around so I can't say whether or not I would have if I did but I'd like to think I'd have resisted :o
    "I remember one night at Muzdalifa with nothing but the sky overhead, I lay awake amid sleeping Muslim brothers and I learned that pilgrims from every land — every colour, and class, and rank; high officials and the beggar alike — all snored in the same language"
  • Options
    12 days!! Holy moly. No urges today. Yesterday was a bear but learned more lessons and put myself in situations that I should not for a while.

A big gain from not smoking is all the extra time I got. I don't have to sneak out and smoke, no trips away from the kids to sneak one in. Have more time to post!! Like I need that.

Anyway hope this is an easy weekend for the tryers! As always thanks for the support from the support team. You are the best!

You are awesome man... thank you...
  • Options
    So I will make this short.

Had my daughter's Birthday party for her friends this morning. Cutest thing I ever saw. She has more Barbies than she knows what to do with.

The fun came after. Was called in for an emergency session at my office. Have been here for 4 hours. The stress level is at an all time high.

No smokee for me :)

How is everyone doing today.
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options
    DonJonDonJon Posts: 5,089
    12 days...you guys are still going strong!!!

Are the urges getting any less yet?
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me.
  • Options
    chimechime Posts: 7,838
    Congratulations all of you ... still going strong ... and for some nearly two weeks!

hartamh ... for doing this while living with a smoker can't be easy

kcherub ... hope all is well with you

Drowned Out and Kosmicjelli ... wishing you all the best and that everything is going as smoothly as possible

Black Diamond ... this has ended up probably being the most stressful time for you even without the stoppinh smoking and still you are pushing on through ... if you can mange it now you will never need a cigarette again

Well done all of you and any one else who is quitting .. it is an amazing thing you are doing for yourselves, your family and your friends :)
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?
  • Options
    Chime wrote:
    Congratulations all of you ... still going strong ... and for some nearly two weeks!

hartamh ... for doing this while living with a smoker can't be easy

kcherub ... hope all is well with you

Drowned Out and Kosmicjelli ... wishing you all the best and that everything is going as smoothly as possible

Black Diamond ... this has ended up probably being the most stressful time for you even without the stoppinh smoking and still you are pushing on through ... if you can mange it now you will never need a cigarette again

Well done all of you and any one else who is quitting .. it is an amazing thing you are doing for yourselves, your family and your friends :)

Wow! Thanks for this. It really means a lot that all of you have been so helpful. I hope I get to meet each and every one of you and thank you personally.

I thought Days 1-13 were hard. Day 14 is going to be a doozy. A lot of my good friends are out of a job this morning and I am hanging on by a string.

I am doing everything that I can to position myself to make it easier for me. Lot of gum and will be checking in as I can.

I hope people are finding this easier. This Thread has kept me going to 13 days and i expect it to be there for me on day 9000.

Again thank you to everyone.
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options
    Wow! Thanks for this. It really means a lot that all of you have been so helpful. I hope I get to meet each and every one of you and thank you personally.

I thought Days 1-13 were hard. Day 14 is going to be a doozy. A lot of my good friends are out of a job this morning and I am hanging on by a string.

I am doing everything that I can to position myself to make it easier for me. Lot of gum and will be checking in as I can.

I hope people are finding this easier. This Thread has kept me going to 13 days and i expect it to be there for me on day 9000.

Again thank you to everyone.

dude. day FOURTEEN???????? :eek: Fanfreakintastic!!!!!! WAY TO GO!!!!!

"Pearl Jam fans are obsessed, they'd see the boys in HELL if tickets were sold."-CROJAM95

• Options
    I think I say this everyday but if I did not smoke today, there is nothing that should get me to again.

I have no idea how I did it. Well you all help so much but today my brain was on autopilot with the blood bath going on around me.

Thanks and I hope we all made it another day.
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options
    I think I say this everyday but if I did not smoke today, there is nothing that should get me to again.

I have no idea how I did it. Well you all help so much but today my brain was on autopilot with the blood bath going on around me.

Thanks and I hope we all made it another day.

High Ten (not 5) Black D!!! Keep your eye on the prize! Eye on the prize! :D That goes for everyone else too!!!
    TEAM EXXXTEND YOUR LIFE!!!!!

• Options
    SENROCK! wrote:
    High Ten (not 5) Black D!!! Keep your eye on the prize! Eye on the prize! :D That goes for everyone else too!!!
    TEAM EXXXTEND YOUR LIFE!!!!!

Thanks so much Sens!!

TTTTTWWWWWOOOOOO WWWWEEEEEEKKKKSSS!!

I know this is true because I finished my first box of patches. On to the second box. After finishing that it is on to Step II for 2 and Step III for 2.

I know I keep saying this but I can not believe I have not had a cig. If you think yesterday was crazy, today and go forward are going to be the most crazy times i will ever face in my career. My wife is been such a help keeping me in check (So has mr. daniels, but one problem at a time). So it's on to new territory. I have never stop this long since I started smoking 2 packs a day at age 15. I can breathe a lot better. My suits are a little tighter but my wallet is a lot fatter!

Thanks to everyone!!!
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options
    \m/ YOU GUYS RRAAAWWWWKKKKKK \m/

*coughs* :o ... apologies went to see Metallica last night and the above message was brought to you under the influence of Mr James Hetfield :D:p
  • Options
    HOOKERHOOKER Posts: 1,443
    hello folks.
    :cough cough:

:sucks mucos in:

... hows the non smokin?
    Nice to know you.
  • Options
    Chime wrote:
    \m/ YOU GUYS RRAAAWWWWKKKKKK \m/

*coughs* :o ... apologies went to see Metallica last night and the above message was brought to you under the influence of Mr James Hetfield :D:p

SOOOOOOO! jealous! How is the new material. Last time i saw them was with the orchestra at MSG. Feels like a lifetime ago.
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options
    HOOKER wrote:
    hello folks.
    :cough cough:

:sucks mucos in:

... hows the non smokin?
    :eek:

Mucus levels are down. That is a big plus of this journey!
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options
    SOOOOOOO! jealous! How is the new material. Last time i saw them was with the orchestra at MSG. Feels like a lifetime ago.

T'was good. For a £5 ($10) show we got a 2 hour set (it was a Death Magnetic party for charity). New stuff and rarities and leaving out some of the main 'hits' you would usually expect (Set: That Was Just Your Life, The End Of The Line, The Thing That Should Not Be, Of Wolf And Man, One, Broken, Beat And Scarred, Cyanide, Frantic, Until It Sleeps, Wherever I May Roam, For Whom The Bell Tolls, The Day That Never Comes, Master Of Puppets, Blackened - ENCORE (with the house lights on and with giant Metallica beach balls released from the ceiling ... it was inside so they couldn't do pyros :o) - Stone Cold Crazy, Jump In The Fire, Seek and Destroy)

Stage set up was great. I had lower tier just off the back corner tickets but stage was a big square centre stage with 8 mics around it. Lars was on a rotating stage in the centre and the rest just wandered around the whole stage during each song so the whole audience could see them all. Each song James would be singing at 3 or 4 of the different mics ... lots of chatting. EDIT: found some pics ... 6 kind of shows the stage set up http://www.gigwise.com/photos/46088/ ... there was no walkway either so they walked through the crowd to get on stage.

Fun way to spend a Monday night :D
  • Options
    Chime wrote:
    T'was good. For a £5 ($10) show we got a 2 hour set (it was a Death Magnetic party for charity). New stuff and rarities and leaving out some of the main 'hits' you would usually expect (Set: That Was Just Your Life, The End Of The Line, The Thing That Should Not Be, Of Wolf And Man, One, Broken, Beat And Scarred, Cyanide, Frantic, Until It Sleeps, Wherever I May Roam, For Whom The Bell Tolls, The Day That Never Comes, Master Of Puppets, Blackened - ENCORE (with the house lights on and with giant Metallica beach balls released from the ceiling ... it was inside so they couldn't do pyros :o) - Stone Cold Crazy, Jump In The Fire, Seek and Destroy)

Stage set up was great. I had lower tier just off the back corner tickets but stage was a big square centre stage with 8 mics around it. Lars was on a rotating stage in the centre and the rest just wandered around the whole stage during each song so the whole audience could see them all. Each song James would be singing at 3 or 4 of the different mics ... lots of chatting. EDIT: found some pics ... 6 kind of shows the stage set up http://www.gigwise.com/photos/46088/ ... there was no walkway either so they walked through the crowd to get on stage.

Fun way to spend a Monday night :D
    Wow!!! That is sick! You are a lucky soul! My boys are getting into them and I think I might make this their first rock show! I'll check the pix when I get home.

I want to thank you for always checking in and keeping us going. Only hearing from Hartamh and I mostly but two less smokers is better than none.

This is getting a lot easier but I still sometimes reach into my pocket or catch myself thinking about it when I head to the elevator. I don't know if you are ever an ex-smoker if you have smoked as long as me but I can live with that.
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options
    DonJonDonJon Posts: 5,089
    Thanks so much Sens!!

TTTTTWWWWWOOOOOO WWWWEEEEEEKKKKSSS!!

I know this is true because I finished my first box of patches. On to the second box. After finishing that it is on to Step II for 2 and Step III for 2.

I know I keep saying this but I can not believe I have not had a cig. If you think yesterday was crazy, today and go forward are going to be the most crazy times i will ever face in my career. My wife is been such a help keeping me in check (So has mr. daniels, but one problem at a time). So it's on to new territory. I have never stop this long since I started smoking 2 packs a day at age 15. I can breathe a lot better. My suits are a little tighter but my wallet is a lot fatter!

Thanks to everyone!!!

Two packs a day!!!!!!!!!!!!! Black Diamond naughty naughty.

Two Weeks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Big round of applause for "TEYL"
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me.
  • Options
    kcherubkcherub Posts: 961
    Thinking about all of you and pushing you on!!! :)

Been sickly this week, so not much posting on my part. Hope you are all well and breathing CLEAN air!!!
    I still want you all to "take care"--I am just damn tired of typing it.

http://www.youtube.com/user/kcherub#p/a/u/0/N-UQprRqSwo
  • Options
    Werid twist of fate, I almost never check out this section of the message boards but it just so happens I did tonight and it also just happens that I went on the patch today and am hoping to sucsessfully quit smoking. Any suggestions? And will I have the vivid dreams many friends have told me about while on the patch? I sure as fuck hope so.:)
    Uniondale. 2003
    MSG 1+2. 2010
    Wrigley. Brooklyn 2. Hartford. 2013
    St. Louis. Denver. 2014
    Global Citizens Festival. 2015
    MSG 2. Fenway 2. Wrigley 1. 2016
    Safeco 2. Missoula. 2018