What was the last movie you watched?

Comments

• leekstokieleekstokie Posts: 905
    Skyfall

Finally got round to watching it and enjoyed it. Think Daniel Craig is pretty good as Bond
    PJ
    2012 - Manchester 1 - 20/6 
    2014 - Amsterdam 1 - 16/6, Amsterdam 2 - 17/6, Milan - 20/6, Leeds - 08/07, Milton Keynes - 11/07
    2015 - Bogota - 25/11
    2016 - Philly 1 - 28/04, Philly 2 - 29/04, NYC 1 - 01/05, NYC 2 - 02/05
    2018 - LDN 1 - 18/06, Krakow - 03/07, Berlin - 05/07, Madrid - 12/07, LDN 2 - 17/07, Missoula 13/08
    2022 - LA 1 - 06/05, LA2 - 07/05, Berlin - 21/06, Frankfurt 28/07, London 1 - 08/07, London 2 - 09/07, Budapest - 12/07, Krakow 14/07, Amsterdam 2 - 25/07, NYC Apollo - 10/09, NYC MSG - 11/09, OKC - 20/09, Denver - 22/09.
    2023 - St Paul 2 - 03/09, Chicago 1 - 05/09, Chicago 2 - 07/09

EV
    2012 - Manchester - 28/07/12, 2017 - Amsterdam - 29/05/17, 2019 -Amsterdam - 09/06/2019, Madrid - 22/06/2019
  • BronyBrony Posts: 631
    Flight.

Eh.
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,793
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    Elysium

I was enjoying my highball in the awesome VIP theatre where they serve you in your lazy-boy chair, and I kept thinking, 'is that shit I smell?? ... oh, no, that's just Jodie Foster's acting.' :?

Seriously never saw anyone butcher an accent like that. compared to her, Kevin Costner did a bang up job with his accent in Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves. Not sure what happened - maybe she had a mental breakdown during filming?? Other than that, it wasn't bad, but you need to bring a double dose of suspension of disbelief to enjoy it. Several basic "why wouldn't they ________???" and "But what happens when __________???" moments.

:lol: yeah Jodie's character didn't really do it for me either, but other than that i liked it.

Sound City Movie. it was on VH1 last night. Unfortunately I fell asleep while watching it and missed about half of it :fp: :lol: Caught the last half hour though. I'll try and catch it when it's on again.
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
  • mookieblalockmookieblalock Posts: 3,243
    I saw We're the Millers on Friday. Pretty funny.
  • jumbojetjumbojet Posts: 1,484
    :lol: yeah Jodie's character didn't really do it for me either, but other than that i liked it.

Sound City Movie. it was on VH1 last night. Unfortunately I fell asleep while watching it and missed about half of it :fp: :lol: Caught the last half hour though. I'll try and catch it when it's on again.

Haha, this reminded me a Dustin Hoffman - Warren Beaty movie I was watching on TV like 20 years ago. I started to watch from the beginning, these 2 were trying to be musicians, playing at some clubs, DH was teaching WB how to be good with women, etc... I fell asleep then, woke up in an hour, TV was still on, and these 2 were crawling in the desert and begging for water??? I was like WTF, the movie took a really very unexpected turn.

Watched the movie in full several years later, it's a great one.
    What's your part, who you are?

2012: Arras, Berlin 1-2
    2013: Sao Paulo, Buenos Aires
    2014: Milano, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin
    2016: NY MSG 1
  • goldrushgoldrush Posts: 7,481
    Yesterday was a too-hungover-to-move-from-the-couch kinda day so we ended up watching:

Anchorman
    Tree Of Life
    Good Night and Good Luck
    (500) Days Of Summer
    Hot Fuzz

Anchorman is one of the best Sunday morning hangover movies ever made. Tree Of Life, on the other hand, is not :)
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • samjamsamjam Posts: 9,283
    Watched 'Thirteen' a couple days ago, really enjoyed it.
    "Sometimes you find yourself having to put all your faith in no faith."
    ~not a dude~
    2010: MSGx2
    2012: Made In America
    2013: Pittsburgh, Brooklynx2, Hartford, Baltimore
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes, Detroit
    2015: Global Citizen Festival
    2016: Phillyx2, MSGx2, Fenwayx2
    2018: Barcelona, Wrigleyx2
  • No CoderNo Coder Posts: 1,126
    Watched Oblivion on Saturday - Wasn't a terrible movie, but just made no sense. I understood it, just not in agreement with the plot HOLES
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me

*BEC, Brisbane, March 1995
    *BEC, Brisbane, March 1998
    *BEC, Brisbane, November 2006
    *QSAC, Brisbane November 2009
    *EV Solo, QPAC, Brisbane March 10 and 12 2011
    *Big Day Out, Gold Coast, 19 Jan 2014
    *EV Solo, QPAC, Brisbane, 22,23 & 25 Feb 2014
    goldrush wrote:
    Yesterday was a too-hungover-to-move-from-the-couch kinda day so we ended up watching:

Anchorman
    Tree Of Life
    Good Night and Good Luck
    (500) Days Of Summer
    Hot Fuzz

Anchorman is one of the best Sunday morning hangover movies ever made. Tree Of Life, on the other hand, is not :)

Tree of Life, by itself can give you a hangover.

• BLACK35BLACK35 Hanover, Ontario Posts: 22,679
    Bourne Legacy...........have can say I've seen them all now
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
    2024 - Las Vegas 1&2
  • JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Posts: 10,217
    Your Sister's Sister.
    interesting plot and characters. The guy from Safety Not Guaranteed is good, although he always looks like he just woke up. And Emily Blunt is good.
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,890
    goldrush wrote:

Anchorman
    Tree Of Life
    Good Night and Good Luck
    (500) Days Of Summer
    Hot Fuzz

I consider Tree of Life to be one of worst movies ever made. What a pretentious pile of crap!!! :fp: I kept watching it because I just couldn't believe that it didn't get better or maybe even become an actual story or something .... It didn't! Although I was really happy to see that guy die. I was like, "fuck, FINALLY!!" :P
    Anchorman is awesome, obviously. :) When's that Anchorman II coming out??
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    I consider Tree of Life to be one of worst movies ever made. What a pretentious pile of crap!!! :fp: I kept watching it because I just couldn't believe that it didn't get better or maybe even become an actual story or something .... It didn't! Although I was really happy to see that guy die. I was like, "fuck, FINALLY!!" :P

tree of life was one of my favourite films that year ... definitely not for everyone tho ...

anchorman 2 comes out xmas season this year ...
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    Prometheus Again, i've read their having trouble deciding where to take the sequel. :(
  • Better DanBetter Dan Posts: 5,684
    Saw Elysium yesterday. I didn't really care for it all that much.
    2003: San Antonio, Houston, Dallas, Seattle; 2005: Monterrey; 2006: Chicago 1 & 2, Grand Rapids, Cleveland, Detroit; 2008: West Palm Beach, Tampa; 2009: Austin, LA 3 & 4, San Diego; 2010: Kansas City, St. Louis, Columbus, Indianapolis; 2011: PJ20 1 & 2; 2012: Missoula; 2013: Dallas, Oklahoma City, Seattle; 2014: Tulsa; 2016: Columbia, New York City 1 & 2; 2018: London, Seattle 1 & 2; 2021: Ohana; 2022: Oklahoma City
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,182
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    Elysium

I was enjoying my highball in the awesome VIP theatre where they serve you in your lazy-boy chair, and I kept thinking, 'is that shit I smell?? ... oh, no, that's just Jodie Foster's acting.' :?

Seriously never saw anyone butcher an accent like that. compared to her, Kevin Costner did a bang up job with his accent in Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves. Not sure what happened - maybe she had a mental breakdown during filming?? Other than that, it wasn't bad, but you need to bring a double dose of suspension of disbelief to enjoy it. Several basic "why wouldn't they ________???" and "But what happens when __________???" moments.

My last movie too, she did butcher the accent but those calfs of hers have been working out hard. The movie was ok, much better than that other sci fi flick with Tom Cruise which almost put me to sleep.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• goldrushgoldrush Posts: 7,481
    polaris_x wrote:
    PJ_Soul wrote:

tree of life was one of my favourite films that year ... definitely not for everyone tho ...

Tree Of Life is one of those films that you either love or hate, there's no middle ground with it. I remember reading that it won the Palm d'or at Cannes even though people were actually booing during the screening.
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • lpeddlelpeddle Posts: 293
    The Conjuring. Tense and scary the whole way through!
  • Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    Girls Against Boys
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • BIGDaddyWilBIGDaddyWil Michigan Posts: 3,065
    Wanderlust :thumbdown: :thumbdown:
    Pine Knob Music Theatre - Jul 31, 1992 Crisler Arena - Mar 20, 1994
    Summerfest - Jul 09, 1995*Savage Hall - Sep 22, 1996The Palace of Auburn Hills-Aug 23, 1998 Breslin Center- Aug 18, 1998,The Palace of Auburn Hills-Oct 07, 2000 DTE Energy Theatre-Jun5,2003,DTE Energy Music Theatre - Jun 26, 2003Sports Arena - Oct 02, 2004 Van Andel Arena - May 19, 2006Palace of Auburn Hills-May 22, 2006 Quicken Loans Arena-May 09, 2010
    10-16-2014 Detroit
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    capote.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    goldrush wrote:

Tree Of Life is one of those films that you either love or hate, there's no middle ground with it. I remember reading that it won the Palm d'or at Cannes even though people were actually booing during the screening.[/quote]

most definitely! ... i think existential films are always going to be difficult to make for the larger audience ...
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,890
    ^^
    I normally like those kinds of films... It was this particular movie that I couldn't stand. But I'm glad someone liked it!
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • rival.rival. Posts: 7,775
    the last house on the left (remake version) :yawn:
  • PissBottleManPissBottleMan Posts: 4,154
    Hope Springs...better than expected...if nothing else for Tommy Lee Jones talking about getting oral from Meryl Streep.

PBM
    "We paced ourselves and we didn't rush through it and we tried to be as creative as our collective minds would let us be over some course of time instead of just trying to rush through a record"

Wishlist Foundation: http://wishlistfoundation.org
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,871
    elysium.

worth the price of admission.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    Hope Springs...better than expected...if nothing else for Tommy Lee Jones talking about getting oral from Meryl Streep.

PBM

728-computer-reaction-face-knife-stab-self-eye.png
  • goldrush wrote:
    polaris_x wrote:
    PJ_Soul wrote:

Tree Of Life is one of those films that you either love or hate, there's no middle ground with it. I remember reading that it won the Palm d'or at Cannes even though people were actually booing during the screening.
    you can put me in the "hated it" category for Tree of Life
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yu3XG02_T80
    We were but stones your light made us stars
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
    Olympus Has Fallen

crap
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
    Something's gotta give.

Now I am trying to decide which one is the biggest overactor? Al Pacino or Jack Nicholson?