What was the last movie you watched?

Comments

• CarryTheZeroCarryTheZero Posts: 2,782
    American Flyers! The bicycling film? Saw that years ago.
  • HenriettaLowellHenriettaLowell Cologne, Germany Posts: 125
    Yep, that one... Haven‘t seen it, but a friend saw it recently and recommended it. 
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 30,053
    I feel like a traitor, but I was too tired AFTER SEEING BAD RELIGION YESTERDAY to get myself to the city and for 3 hours of bland western in the cinema. So I skipped it :/ 

Have not seen American Flyers hmm. Bike-movie… 

My Kevin Costner year of 2024 has been:
    Waterworld
    The Postman
    No Way Out

Might add The Untouchables as the fourth. And will see if I can find American Flyers to rent!
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
    If you want to get serious, you can watch The Big Chill. Costner had his big scene cut, but he still plays the body of the friend that they all come together to reminisce about.
    If you want to get serious, you can watch The Big Chill. Costner had his big scene cut, but he still plays the body of the friend that they all come together to reminisce about.
    John Mulaney did a bit about Costner being cut out of The Big Chill at this year‘s Governors Awards:

https://youtu.be/p8uIHsiZ-og?si=zePZein6p6hYeJ36

How do you imbed a video here? :s
    ^No idea. I just learned this year how to import a photo and do spoiler talk. I promise I’m not stupid. 😂 
    ^No idea. I just learned this year how to import a photo and do spoiler talk. I promise I’m not stupid. 😂 
    Well, no need to reveal now that I work in IT 😄
    And will see if I can find American Flyers to rent!
    Found it on iTunes US

American Flyers (John Badham)

This should be a classic of the sports movie genre! So deeply, deeply 80s in lots of ways – shallow patriotism, fitness craze, random Russians, villains being comically villainous, mustaches – I loved it!
  • BF89905BF89905 Posts: 1,401
    Secret Life of Pets, part two :)
  • ST66483ST66483 Posts: 744
    Enjoyed American Flyers back in the day, not seen it for many years. Not sure if it will hold up or not.
    edited July 17
    Double-bill to fill up the void of Horizon last night:

Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • 23scidoo23scidoo Posts: 19,057

Elevator to the Gallows is one of the greatest European movies ever made..
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,773

• soph189soph189 Posts: 317
    edited July 17
    Since I’m house sitting, watched a feel-good movie last night 
    That’s a good one. Need to watch it again soon. Who’s the country singer in that? Dwight Yoakam?
  • soph189soph189 Posts: 317
    Yes! Good memory. He plays the role well 

That’s a good one. Need to watch it again soon. Who’s the country singer in that? Dwight Yoakam?
    Wife of country singer Keith Urban is in it too
    23scidoo said:

Elevator to the Gallows is one of the greatest European movies ever made..
    High praise. I thought it very entertaining and good, I give you that. 4 out of 5.

Dune Part Two is a stunning work of art  Life  register-heraldcom
    No Sudden Move 2021 - IMDb
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I remember liking Drag Me to Hell, but I also remember thinking it should have been R. Was waiting for some Evil Dead style nastiness.
    edited July 18
    So I decided to dust off the 3 dvd set last night, start with Disc 3 ( the fan one)… and wtf do you know, I’m in it 🤣🤣 all these years I never noticed 🤷‍♂️ in the basement of bar near msg while 2 dudes were interviewed

me/ SEN few great friends / my brother and his ex fiancée… almost fell off my chair… pretty funny

mannnn I miss some of the old school friends not on here too much anymore

Black D all up on disc 3… miss ya brother, what a great human being. Me not on socials, man I may join to say hi … ehhh prob not 😉 hope your kids and family are thriving, his kids were a treat in LA ‘09

Dissidentman was at our table in the dvd… miss ya too , hope your doing well

years go by…. Best part of the shows and this whole experience 
    That’s pretty cool!
    edited July 19

I remember liking Drag Me to Hell, but I also remember thinking it should have been R. Was waiting for some Evil Dead style nastiness.
    I never really liked Drag Me to Hell. Because of the CGI-overuse and the "Netflix before netflix" feel of the film... it feels like a TV-episode in a "Tales from the Crypt/Twilight Zone" series more than a fully developed film... nothing wrong with that, but back then I felt and I still feel it's a bit paltry and claustrophobically small. The Bank set looks like it was made for an SNL sketch.

I do remember the theatrical showing of it back then being amazing though. A big room, filled to the brim with teenagers that scream and jumped in just the right way. Great experience. Not a super-great film.
    Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on

Excellent!!..heavy but this is what i called cinema!!..
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

Love love love Glazer!
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,866
    23scidoo said:

Excellent!!..heavy but this is what i called cinema!!..

Agree! The way it uses the sound to tell the real story was especially amazing. I loved this film.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • goldrushgoldrush Posts: 7,453

“Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)