What was the last movie you watched?

Comments

• Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 30,053
    HAHA

THE CINEMA HAD NOT GOTTEN THE DCP-FILE IN TIME

TRAP PREMIERW CANCELLED

POINTLESS TRIP TO THE CITYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • soph189soph189 Posts: 317

Devastating and heart wrenching, but an incredible performance by Anthony Hopkins. Made me very emotional. 
  • GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 10,632
    Took my 15 year old nephew who is visiting me to see Deadpool and Wolverine. He loved it. I also enjoyed it. The 3D effects were great. Ryan Reynolds quippy schtick can get tedious at times but I thought there were some funny moments. That dog, though…
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,864
    edited August 3
    GlowGirl said:
    Took my 15 year old nephew who is visiting me to see Deadpool and Wolverine. He loved it. I also enjoyed it. The 3D effects were great. Ryan Reynolds quippy schtick can get tedious at times but I thought there were some funny moments. That dog, though…

I can't say I love Ryan Reynolds. Too much schick for me, even in interviews, let alone in films. Although "Voices" is a fucking fantastic film that he stars in. It is the one perfect movie that he's in IMO. But he also makes Deadpool, if that's your thing.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,773

• CarryTheZeroCarryTheZero Posts: 2,782

• HenriettaLowellHenriettaLowell Cologne, Germany Posts: 125

What did you think? I read somewhere that this film would have been super-successful in the 90s, not sure what to make of that

What did you think? I read somewhere that this film would have been super-successful in the 90s, not sure what to make of that

As a Tom Hanks/ Meg Ryan vehicle?
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"

In the last two weeks:

A Perfect World (Clint Eastwood)

All charisma and vibes. Suprisingly still loved it as much as my teenage self, who saw it a billion times.

Silverado (Lawrence Kasdan)

With that cast and crew, it should be much better than it is. I thought that thick layer of strings never really gelled with the offhand nature in which most stuff happens in this film. Interesting bit of film history for sure though.

Ocean‘s Eleven (Steven Soderbergh)

Kind of over it. 

Love Lies Bleeding (Rose Glass)

The sort of film where people love to say „CINEMA is back“. For all its violence, style and general flashiness, also quite gentle in a lot of places. I keep liking most stuff Kristen Stewart is in.

Last thing I saw with Kristen Stewart in was that underwater scifi film where she’s in her underwear the whole film. Don’t remember anything from it
    Last thing I saw with Kristen Stewart in was that underwater scifi film where she’s in her underwear the whole film. Don’t remember anything from it
    Doesn‘t ring any bell, but sounds like it‘s okay that I missed out. I loved or at least enjoyed „Personal Shopper“, „Certain Women“, „Clouds Of Sils Maria“, „Adventureland“ and queer Christmas classic „Happiest Season“, a holiday staple at my house.

So, my wife and I went and saw this today. Yes, I’m honestly not sure why this movie wasn’t more successful. Is this a fantastic, classic movie? No.

Did the leads have great chemistry together? Was the movie bubbly and fun? Was I reminded about how going into space used to be exciting and people of all kinds rallied around a moment? Yes to all of that.

I wish more rom com movies of this quality were made. I feel like the market for things like this has shrunk. Maybe there is too much streaming, and too many options of things to do, but it seems like there are lots of underserved movie audiences. My wife loves the movies, but she honestly can’t make it through some of the horror and sci fi stuff that is too intense.

This was the last weekend for the movie here, small theater, but 3/4 full and lots of laughs.

Again, this is not a classic film, but my wife and I really enjoyed it, and it was fun to see it in the theater. So, on that front, mission accomplished Greg Berlanti (of CW comic book tv fame).
    I like Underwater, but I’m a sucker for Alien type horror sci fi. It’s a better made Leviathan or DeepStar Six. That director has some decent movies that get overlooked.
    In the last two weeks:

A Perfect World (Clint Eastwood)

All charisma and vibes. Suprisingly still loved it as much as my teenage self, who saw it a billion times.

Silverado (Lawrence Kasdan)

With that cast and crew, it should be much better than it is. I thought that thick layer of strings never really gelled with the offhand nature in which most stuff happens in this film. Interesting bit of film history for sure though.

Ocean‘s Eleven (Steven Soderbergh)

Kind of over it. 

Love Lies Bleeding (Rose Glass)

The sort of film where people love to say „CINEMA is back“. For all its violence, style and general flashiness, also quite gentle in a lot of places. I keep liking most stuff Kristen Stewart is in.

Love Lies Bleeding is on my list (and on Max, so yay!).

A Perfect World! Loved that in the theater back in the day. My parents took me. I remember Costner being great and Eastwood being very Eastwood (not a bad thing). A young Laura Dern too!
    I like Underwater, but I’m a sucker for Alien type horror sci fi. It’s a better made Leviathan or DeepStar Six. That director has some decent movies that get overlooked.
    I like Sphere. The underwater-Event Horizon. Not as matter-of-fact as Alien ofc
    Wowza I loved this one, was told to watch for years

• 23scidoo23scidoo Posts: 19,055
    American Fiction 2023 Movie Posters Poster Decorative Painting Canvas Wall  Art Living Room Posters Bedroom Painting 16x24inch40x60cm
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..

So, my wife and I went and saw this today. Yes, I’m honestly not sure why this movie wasn’t more successful. Is this a fantastic, classic movie? No.

Did the leads have great chemistry together? Was the movie bubbly and fun? Was I reminded about how going into space used to be exciting and people of all kinds rallied around a moment? Yes to all of that.

I wish more rom com movies of this quality were made. I feel like the market for things like this has shrunk. Maybe there is too much streaming, and too many options of things to do, but it seems like there are lots of underserved movie audiences. My wife loves the movies, but she honestly can’t make it through some of the horror and sci fi stuff that is too intense.

This was the last weekend for the movie here, small theater, but 3/4 full and lots of laughs.

Again, this is not a classic film, but my wife and I really enjoyed it, and it was fun to see it in the theater. So, on that front, mission accomplished Greg Berlanti (of CW comic book tv fame).
    Thanks, crowdpleaser is what I‘m hearing from other people as well. I‘ll definitely try and catch it when it opens over here next week.
  • JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,676
    We watched Ghostbusters Frozen Empire last night. It was alright, a lot of throw backs to the original movie.
    ARE WE ALL HYPED FOR TRAP TONIGHT
    Have fun!
    edited August 7
    Never seen anyone love his daughter more than M Night

35mm looks so much better than video

But Trap was Crap. The writing is like from a 12 year old making up how cops work. 

Also, I just love this kind of movie more if they partbwe up with a real popstar. Set it in reality. LIKE JEAN CLAUDE DID IN 1995 IN SUDDEN DEATH WITH A REAL NHL TEAM
    Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,613

This weekend we rock Portland
    edited August 7
    Poncier said:

Lust isnt love
    Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
    Wouldnt the movie Trap had been stronger if

… they feared for the pop star’s safety and was looking for an obsessed fan with a plan to to harm her. Instead of the stock serial killer thing. 

Could have still had been the dad but him having grown obsessed parallell to the daughter turning obsessed as a regular swiftie

Trap

Few ok moments, as water down as it gets

35mm looks so much better than video

But Trap was Crap. The writing is like from a 12 year old making up how cops work. 

Also, I just love this kind of movie more if they partbwe up with a real popstar. Set it in reality. LIKE JEAN CLAUDE DID IN 1995 IN SUDDEN DEATH WITH A REAL NHL TEAM
    😆 I don’t disagree. The first 30 minutes was an extended music video.

It was much better in the back end. Not his best effort.

And I do like Sudden Death!

I recommend. This was great.