What was the last movie you watched?

Comments

• Force Of NatureForce Of Nature Posts: 1,061
    Saw deadpool, think I’m over the franchise. Didn’t mind the others when I watched it but generally fed up of the humour and references, too many about the same thing (self awareness and references of Ryan, Hugh, Blake, MCU etc).
    the bit i did find funny was the first surprise cameo in the void - hopefully that’s spoiler free enough.

I get why people would like it but personally didn’t find it too funny. 

• 23scidoo23scidoo Posts: 19,057
    Wicked Little Letters  2023  Bobby Redmond Design  Poster By Bobby  Redmond
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • BrainofBGABrainofBGA Posts: 4,138
    23scidoo said:
    This looks interesting! 
    Melbourne #1 '98
    Melbourne #2 '03
    Melbourne #3 '03
    Melbourne #1 '06
    Melbourne #3 '06
    Melbourne '09
    Melbourne '14
    23scidoo said:
    This looks interesting! 
    Olivia Coleman is on.. can't be bad.. British humour..
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

• CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,773

• Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 30,053
    - Alien
    - Alien 3
    - Deadpool & Wolverine
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
    edited July 30
    Saw deadpool, think I’m over the franchise. Didn’t mind the others when I watched it but generally fed up of the humour and references, too many about the same thing (self awareness and references of Ryan, Hugh, Blake, MCU etc).
    the bit i did find funny was the first surprise cameo in the void - hopefully that’s spoiler free enough.

I get why people would like it but personally didn’t find it too funny. 

Didn’t feel much like a movie to me. I rather got the same enjoyment I get from a podcast or youtube discussion. I was there for the references and the surprises. And it was all the film was. 

I think it would have been a more ”fun” film for me if they spent less time in a Mad Max ”void” and the road trip parts with Deadpool and Wolverine would have taken part in the real world instead. Have them leave the void earlier and do stuff in a real setting. 

I found some of the surprises and meta-references funny though. But at the same time I think the balance is wrong with Ryan Reynolds keeping up the jokes and meta all the time. Could cut it back a bit and also have a comic book movie seep through a bit more. 

The switcharoo with Chris Evans was a top 3 moment. Getting a cameo and then turning it on its head. 

I laughed at the reference to Jennifer Garner and Ben Afflecks divorce. 

I thought it was cute Channum Tatum finally got to be Gambit in some way

Having X-23 be the fourth and final surprise ”cameo” of that team was off. Not even my family members who had seen Logan connected her to being the kid from that film. I would have had her show up earlier in the void and been the one introducing them to the void-team instead. I also would have liked someone from Transks forgotten and hated Fantastic Four film be represented. 

And why was Antmans corpse in the void?

Wished we would have gotten more cameos from the Singer X-men universe. Maybe by having Deadpool try to fetch a Wolverine from Xaviers school. Or do something more cameo-wise in the void with them. With the montage in the end and the ”sad” notion of the 20th century fox universes closing its doors with this film and killing its characters I would have loves to see James Marsden, Halle Berry and Ian McKellen again etc.  

Was expecting Taylor Swift to be Lady Deadpool and was a bit sad she was not. 

As in No Way Home I find these multiverse cameos/characters to be so flat and undercooked. They really are just jokes in a rushed through story and never get to be characters. Here they are jokes ofc, so it was worse in NWH where we never got to see the other spidermans get a scene in their own world or anything. But even here I would have liked them to have a tad more meat to them.

Not a good film. But it was fun to laugh or atleast smile a bit at some of the meta commentary. I find Ryan Reynolds to be a bit… forced though. 
    Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"

Mjau mjau mjau 😋
  • CarryTheZeroCarryTheZero Posts: 2,782
    Cool!

• soph189soph189 Posts: 317
    I saw that yesterday. For some reason I kept nodding off (lack of sleep and snacks maybe). I liked Glen Powell in it, but wasn’t super engaged. What were your thoughts? 
    TRAP this weekend

then the new Alien mid august
    soph189 said:
    I saw that yesterday. For some reason I kept nodding off (lack of sleep and snacks maybe). I liked Glen Powell in it, but wasn’t super engaged. What were your thoughts? 
    So, showed the original recently to the kids. They loved it. My daughter was the only one who could go last night. She loved it! But she is new to pg-13 thrillers, so that may be why she liked it so much.

I did like it. Powell and Edgar Jones were good. I liked Brandon Perea but no one in the supporting cast was as good as the original.

Overall, I liked it. I saw the director’s last movie, Minari, so I’m happy it’s doing well for him. It’s not breaking any ground, but it’s a fun summer movie that had some heart in the story, not a total CGI fest (although there was some CGI).

The original is better (Paxton, 😔), but this was good.
    TRAP this weekend

Seeing Trap tomorrow. Hopeful for it. Romulus soon!
  • Mrs Harris goes to Paris...
    TRAP this weekend

Seeing Trap tomorrow. Hopeful for it. Romulus soon!
    Seeing it tomorrow too

IF I CAN GET MY 

PIECE OF SHIT

FAMILY

ORGANIZED

^rewatched recently. Still good!
    ^rewatched recently. Still good!
    Was hard watching Bruce and thinking about what his life is today… 
    Yeah, that is sad. He was always fun to watch.
    Spoiler for Deadpool and Wolverine

Wolverines mask looked so dorky (nice try finally letting him wear it though)... Deadpool's eyes work because they are part of the mask. But with Wolverine those white eyes are part of his face (suddenly.).. a bit off but sure there is something in having him share the look of Deadpool. But they did his eyes way too big. It looked comical most of the times in the film. Should have had them a bit smaller and have him look less like an owl

Agreed. I’m a massive Wolverine fan from the comics, and while fun to see the cowl finally, it looked a little cartoonish and owlish. Not a huge fan of it. Otherwise, the costume was fine. Now when do we get to see the brown and tan, though?

• xavier mcdanielxavier mcdaniel Posts: 9,213
    saw deadpool and wolverine last night.
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
     Now when do we get to see the brown and tan, though?

You got  to see it in the film? :) 
    So I feel like maybe I missed it. What scene was it? When he was crucified on the X? That would make sense. I have that issue. Classic cover by Marc Silverstri!

• seanwonseanwon Posts: 436
    edited August 2
    TRAP Theatrical Movie Poster 24x36 2024 Shyamalan Josh Hartnett Home Decor - Picture 1 of 3
    I enjoyed it, start to finish.  Without any specific spoilers...

None of the online theories I've read are accurate.

The trailers encapsulated about half the movie.
    Post edited by seanwon on
    1996: 9/29 Randall's Island 2,  10/1 Buffalo                  2000: 8/27 Saratoga Springs
    2003: 4/29 Albany,  5/2 Buffalo,  7/9 MSG 2                   2006: 5/12 Albany,  6/3 East Rutherford 2
    2008: 6/27 Hartford                 2009: 10/27 Philadelphia 1              2010: 5/15 Hartford,   5/21 MSG 2
    2013: 10/15 Worcester 1,  10/25 Hartford                       2014: 10/1 Cincinnati
    2016: 5/2 MSG 2,   8/5 Fenway 1,  11/7 Temple of the Dog MSG
    2018: 9/2 Fenway 1
    2020: 3/30 MSG             2022: 9/11 MSG            2023: 9/10 Noblesville
    2024: 9/3 MSG 1, 9/4 MSG 2

edited August 2
    My three siblings bowed out/ couldnt go tonight. 

So will be only be me and mom. But really wanna see it. Will be fun

THIS IS WHAT CINEMA IS ALL ABOUT
    Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
    Big Deal on Madonna Street 1958  The Criterion Collection
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.