What was the last movie you watched?

Comments

• Would rather see THE KILLER by Fincher. But doesn't seem like the big cinema chain is showing it here..
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,465
    65 film - Wikipedia

don't. just. fucking. don't. 

I was looking for a good "light" movie to watch while stoned, and even then this was a dumb waste of time. 
    new album "Cigarettes" out Fall 2024!

www.headstonesband.com

• CarryTheZeroCarryTheZero Posts: 2,782
    Yeah, 65 was not great.
  • LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 8,853
    Rocky Horror Picture Show...watching now. never saw it. So far...wtf
  • GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 10,632
    edited October 2023
    Loujoe said:
    I have only seen it as a midnight movie with all the audience participation and costumes. Not sure how it would be watching it at home. 
    Post edited by GlowGirl on
    edited October 2023
    Crazy. Fun. Very odd. I like it. Frightening. Disturbing. Sexy. The stuff nightmares are made of.
    Post edited by Loujoe on

• What did you think of the very very very badly photoshopped Bill Pullman etc on the photograph in Equalizer 3?
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • FRIDAY

THE

13TH

TONIGHT

WHICH 
    ONE
    ARE
    YOU
    WATCHING?
    edited October 2023

What did you think of the very very very badly photoshopped Bill Pullman etc on the photograph in Equalizer 3?
    It had been so long since I saw the first movie, I thought, why is Bill Pullman in a random photograph? Haha, yeah, bad photoshop.  Thank goodness for the quick flashback scene with Denzel’s old boss who got killed.

The movie was fine. Nothing amazing, but damn, now I want to go to Italy. The on location settings were beautiful.
  • JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,676
    GlowGirl said:
    Loujoe said:
    I have only seen it as a midnight movie with all the audience participation and costumes. Not sure how it would be watching it at home. 
    I went to a couple of those shows with friends who were really into it and couldn't believe what I was experiencing. Crazy for sure.  
    FRIDAY

THE

13TH

TONIGHT

WHICH 
    ONE
    ARE
    YOU
    WATCHING?
    none of the originals are on any of the streaming services I have. was trying to find them and Halloween and Freddy movies, but no luck. 

www.headstonesband.com

A surprising amount of Freddy on Max.
    no scary movie for me tonight probably. Have to go to the high school for marching band. Maybe after if it’s not too late.
  • PapPap Posts: 28,728
    Champions (2023)
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1&2 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024
    edited October 2023

www.headstonesband.com

^^^^terrible. Don’t waste your money. Don’t even waste the 90 minutes when it’s available on streaming. 

www.headstonesband.com

• Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 30,053
    edited October 2023

Hasn't there been like 3-5 films with this premise by now? Never feels like someone does it with the intention to really capture the feel of 80's slashers - witch would be kind of nifty. Always feel cheap (in the wrong way) and undercooked. Like the one with... I want to say Vera Farmigas sister... or was it one with Malin Åkerman? Or were they both in the same one maybe...
    Hmm, can’t remember the one you are talking about. The Guest with Akerman? Different than this though. I liked that one.

yeah, nobody really nails it. This was almost like a Disney Freaky Friday production with occasionally large amounts of blood. It was fun sometimes, but not great. This did feel cheap as well.

I liked this one. Not the best thing in the world, but good.
  • TMNT Mutant Mayhem - decent, but they changed a lot from canon

• "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • 23scidoo23scidoo Posts: 19,055
    The Club 2015 - IMDb
    Post Mortem 2010 - IMDb
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..

• "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,721
    GlowGirl said:
    Loujoe said:

it's better in a theater with people participating than at home. Like "The Room".
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
    2017's  version of Murder on the Orient Express last night. We start tech rehearsal tonight on the play at our local Art's Council. I will be running the lights for it and decided to watch the movie beforehand to get a feel for the story and come up with ideas for lighting it. 
  • Why not the version with swedish actor Ingrid Bergman? 
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,613

This weekend we rock Portland
    GlowGirl said:
    Loujoe said:

it's better in a theater with people participating than at home. Like "The Room".
    Hey ho let's go
    Why not the version with swedish actor Ingrid Bergman? 
    I saw it come up on my Hulu menu. I didn’t know the 1974 version was streaming on any of the services I get. I just checked and it is. I will watch it. It will be interesting to see the differences between the two versions.