Options

How to Trick a Christian

Comments

• Options
    genie wrote:
    well i don't know when he came over to UK he didn't know anyone and didn't have a job for a while, and his money savings would've been quite low ( next time i see him i will ask for sure )......after a while he found a friend who helped him by letting him stay in his mother's house.
    see... a friend helped him :) that was nice.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
  • Options
    Doesn't it suck when people generalize your posts? :p Sorry, couldn't resist.
    I've put up with soulsinging here for a long time... think I haven't had my posts generalised before? :eek: :p
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options
    Don't use that smarmy tone with me. :D
    Sorry, I was aiming for bitchy ;)

Needs a bit of practice I spose :)
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options
    Sorry, I was aiming for bitchy ;)

Needs a bit of practice I spose :)

Now you know I wouldn't even reach for the 'B' word. :D I'd get a virtual kick in the nuts ten times over!
    24 years old, mid-life crisis
    nowadays hits you when you're young
  • Options
    glasshouseglasshouse Posts: 1,762
    The Champ wrote:
    Yeah, because that would really go over well among these depressing kill-joys..

defending your faith can hardly be described as "kill-joy"
    it's serious dammit ;)
    Athens, Greece: 2006/09/30

"Call me Ishmael. Some years ago- never mind how long precisely- having little or no money in my purse, and nothing particular to interest me on shore, I thought I would sail about a little and see the watery part of the world." Herman Melville : Moby Dick
  • Options
    geniegenie Posts: 2,222
    see... a friend helped him :) that was nice.

i would've helped a friend too. and i would do volunteering in different organisations.

but i'm not going to give my hard earned money, just to anyone on the street without some solid reason.
  • Options
    Now you know I wouldn't even reach for the 'B' word. :D I'd get a virtual kick in the nuts ten times over!
    I haven't figured out how to do virtual nut kicks yet either :(

I'm working on it though :)
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options
    genie wrote:
    i would've helped a friend too. and i would do volunteering in different organisations.

but i'm not going to give my hard earned money, just to anyone on the street without some solid reason.
    fair enough... but how did your boyfriend cope when he DID arrive here homeless and on the streets? He must have been getting money from somewhere. You NEED money to survive.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options
    fair enough... but how did your boyfriend cope when he DID arrive here homeless and on the streets? He must have been getting money from somewhere. You NEED money to survive.

and there is no need for you to point this out to me.

huh, i've just remembered my trip to France, one begger in there was coming up to the tables ( outside of cafe area ) and was asking for money! how rude!

why should i feel obliged to give someone money?

obviously saint Helen will always help anyone
  • Options
    soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,202
    So because your airwaves are dominated by assholes who CALL themselves christians, it's ok to group the rest of them, who probably ARE living nice simple helpful lives, into the same group?

it's ok to mistrust the rest of them until they give us reason to believe they are different from what we see most often.
  • Options
    genie wrote:
    and there is no need for you to point this out to me.

huh, i've just remembered my trip to France, one begger in there was coming up to the tables ( outside of cafe area ) and was asking for money! how rude!

why should i feel obliged to give someone money?

obviously saint Helen will always help anyone
    I apologise cos this is obviously an issue... all I'm saying is religion or not, if you have experience or know someone who has been homeless I can't understand why you are so against giving money. I'm not judging you, I'm not trying to be rude, I'm just asking! So please stop taking it personally!

And obviously you're not obliged... I don't give money to every homeless person I see, I can't afford to... but when I can I do :o
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options
    it's ok to mistrust the rest of them until they give us reason to believe they are different from what we see most often.
    see that's the difference between you and I with pretty much every topic soulsinging... I believe the exact opposite of that sentence... and that one sentence sums up pretty much all of our disagreements.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options
    Yes, I'm living ok... I was homeless cos I locked myself out. I had to try and sleep in a bus shelter on the coldest night of the year until I found somebodys garage and some carpet to keep me warmISH. The following day, I got hold of my sister and it was all ok... it's not like I had to go to the job agency and the housing people whilst trying to find a hostel every night also and find money to feed myself with.

How homeless? Was he sleeping on the street?

locking yourself out of your house does not make you homeless. jesus christ. you're as bad as onelong song.

i got locked out of my hostel in amsterdam and slept on the street. then i spent 2 nights in dublin too broke for a hostel. i slept in the airport and on the street at the bus stop. somebody tried to rob me and the next guy tried to give me money. but i was NOT homeless. being too drunk to remember your key is not the same as being homeless.
  • Options
    I apologise cos this is obviously an issue... all I'm saying is religion or not, if you have experience or know someone who has been homeless I can't understand why you are so against giving money. I'm not judging you, I'm not trying to be rude, I'm just asking! So please stop taking it personally!

And obviously you're not obliged... I don't give money to every homeless person I see, I can't afford to... but when I can I do :o

i didn't say you were rude, i said the french begger was rude not you :confused::D
  • Options
    locking yourself out of your house does not make you homeless. jesus christ. you're as bad as onelong song.

i got locked out of my hostel in amsterdam and slept on the street. then i spent 2 nights in dublin too broke for a hostel. i slept in the airport and on the street at the bus stop. somebody tried to rob me and the next guy tried to give me money. but i was NOT homeless. being too drunk to remember your key is not the same as being homeless.

i was going to comment on that one too, but then i thought nah, i'll leave it as it is. because term "homeless" can be used quite literally against me.

but anyway i agree with you.
  • Options

:rolleyes: Oh for fuck sake! I had nowhere to sleep for a night, nobody to help me out, no money, no food, no phone, nothing... sleeping in a bus shelter and then a garage. I didn't realise that you have to be completely destitute... OR that it has to be a long term thing for it to count as homeless. Considering that it WAS the coldest night of the year, every fucking second was spent thinking about those who have to do that every night... sure they may have SOME kinda bedding... and they may be used to it... but there was absolutely nothing enjoyable whatsoever about it.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options
    genie wrote:
    i was going to comment on that one too, but then i thought nah, i'll leave it as it is. because term "homeless" can be used quite literally against me.

but anyway i agree with you.
    How do you two figure it's different? Soulsinging said someone tried to rob him, someone tried to give him money, he slept at a bus stop... just because he didn't have the ADDED pain of knowing he's gonna have to do it the next night and the night after that indefinitely, doesn't make him homeless :confused:

sounds pretty much what being homeless is like to me.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options
    :rolleyes: Oh for fuck sake! I had nowhere to sleep for a night, nobody to help me out, no money, no food, no phone, nothing... sleeping in a bus shelter and then a garage. I didn't realise that you have to be completely destitute... OR that it has to be a long term thing for it to count as homeless. Considering that it WAS the coldest night of the year, every fucking second was spent thinking about those who have to do that every night... sure they may have SOME kinda bedding... and they may be used to it... but there was absolutely nothing enjoyable whatsoever about it.

no, what you need to be considered homeless is to be homeLESS. now, i know analytical skills are not your strong suit, but bear with me.... home-less. less a home. without a home. you had a home, you were just too fucking piss wasted to remember how to get your drunk ass in the door. i've no doubt it gave you a great amount of sympathy for the truly homeless, but by no means were you EVER homeless, you just spent a night on the street. to claim you really know what it's like to be homeless is a crock of shit, which is quite in keeping with the way you somehow have personal experience with every topic that comes up in any debate.
  • Options
    How do you two figure it's different? Soulsinging said someone tried to rob him, someone tried to give him money, he slept at a bus stop... just because he didn't have the ADDED pain of knowing he's gonna have to do it the next night and the night after that indefinitely, doesn't make him homeless :confused:

sounds pretty much what being homeless is like to me.

well, Soulsinging is here now he will have lot's of time to explain to you. i'll let him do all the work, whilst i can go and spend some time on new exciting topics ;)
  • Options
    no, what you need to be considered homeless is to be homeLESS. now, i know analytical skills are not your strong suit, but bear with me.... home-less. less a home. without a home. you had a home, you were just too fucking piss wasted to remember how to get your drunk ass in the door. i've no doubt it gave you a great amount of sympathy for the truly homeless, but by no means were you EVER homeless, you just spent a night on the street. to claim you really know what it's like to be homeless is a crock of shit, which is quite in keeping with the way you somehow have personal experience with every topic that comes up in any debate.
    :rolleyes: Oh here we go again! Since when could you give a fuck about homeless? You just enjoy following me aroudn the past few days and giving me shit cos you're obviously not getting anything from your girlfriend or something.

If it makes you happy (even though I WAS without home for one night) I wasn't homeless, but I WAS on the street :rolleyes: and YOU'RE the one making it a bigger issue than it was... I said I didn't feel the ADDED problems of knowing I'd have to do it again and again and that I didn't have a job or anyone to help... and it was STILL WITHOUT A DOUBT the worst night of my life... so yeh, I CAN fucking IMAGINE what they have to go through night after night after night... so go fucking stalk somebody else for once and stop worry about the homeless :rolleyes: It gets boring listening to you give the same argument for different topics

JESUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options
    genie wrote:
    well, Soulsinging is here now he will have lot's of time to explain to you. i'll let him do all the work, whilst i can go and spend some time on new exciting topics ;)
    It's alright, I'm not hanging around here to have soulsinging, SOULSINGING :D telling me what homeless people have to go through :rolleyes: and for him to tell me that there's yet another topic I know absolutely nothing about :rolleyes: even though they're ALL opinion based :rolleyes: It gets tiring!
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options
    It's alright, I'm not hanging around here to have soulsinging, SOULSINGING :D telling me what homeless people have to go through :rolleyes: and for him to tell me that there's yet another topic I know absolutely nothing about :rolleyes: even though they're ALL opinion based :rolleyes: It gets tiring!

i said it undoubtedly gave you some idea what they have to live with. my problem is your inflated sense of self-importance and your vain desire to milk a good story for all it's worth. "genie, YOU should show more compassion to the homeless. i KNOW becos ive BEEN homeless." your self-righteous self-centeredness eclipses even my own.
  • Options
    genie wrote:

So... You say that the hard earned money is hard to part with.

But let me ask...what about easy money?

Also, it's not always about money is it? I'm not sure that everyone carries a can of beans around with them, but there are other ways to help.

It's not religion that should require a person to help another. It's about your own personal credo.

Afterall we can't everyone by our lonesome self.

I choose to help some, and brush away a lot of beggers.

Sometimes, I'll give them cigarettes or whatever (even if I have the money I'll tell them I'm broke)

Most of the time I look like a begger myself.

I must say I'm as likely to be tricked also... It just doesn't involve Jesus.

And I believe it's a good thing to be able to point out something to anyone (it's not really trickery) as long as we all do our part to help.
    the Minions
  • Options
    i said it undoubtedly gave you some idea what they have to live with. my problem is your inflated sense of self-importance and your vain desire to milk a good story for all it's worth. "genie, YOU should show more compassion to the homeless. i KNOW becos ive BEEN homeless." your self-righteous self-centeredness eclipses even my own.
    I know we're supposed to be polite in this forum and we're not allowed reply with a simple 'fuck you'... however, WHAT A LOAD OF BOLLOX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And pretty ignorant too... thanks for taking your bad start to the day out on me... AGAIN! CharminG!
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options
    I know we're supposed to be polite in this forum and we're not allowed reply with a simple 'fuck you'... however, WHAT A LOAD OF BOLLOX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And pretty ignorant too... thanks for taking your bad start to the day out on me... AGAIN! CharminG!

im having a swell day. i got about 10 hours' badly needed sleep. i feel like a million bucks :D
  • Options
    im having a swell day. i got about 10 hours' badly needed sleep. i feel like a million bucks :D
    Yeh... I'm a grumpy bitch when I've overslept too :cool:
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options
    Please don't get my thread locked.

It really wasn't my intention to criticize Christians.

Perhaps the thread title was an error... I apologize to anyone it may have insulted.

I just wanted to make a point that some can be pursuaded by mere suggestions in accord with their own personal value. It just happened that it is Christmas and we should set aside the hectic blur that encompasses us this time of year for those less fortunate. Even by dropping some coin in the red cans. Don't be annoyed by the ringing bells. They're there calling you out.
    the Minions
  • Options
    But let me ask...what about easy money?

but there are other ways to help.

get back to me when i earn something easily.....actually if i ever win somethin i will surely donate some money to charity.

AND

exactly! there are other ways in which i can help, i.e. by being a volunteer. i never said i'm against that. :)
  • Options
    Please don't get my thread locked.
    sorry, he's on ignore now.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options