Options

How to Trick a Christian

Comments

• Options
    genie wrote:
    true, but i should've cut majority of his/her statement and should've left only this "they act like their shit don't stink"
    but in that case, you'd also be referring to allnitething... and I'm sure he wouldn't appreciate you using his post in that way :p
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
  • Options
    geniegenie Posts: 2,222
    Rygar wrote:
    Again, that is hardly limited or specific to Christians.

well you don't see me saying i'm always good and i always help. presonally i wouldn't have given that guy in original story any money.

so you see when i've got shit, i don't say it doesn't stink. i own up to it.

i consider the guy who didn't give money at first but later joked around and gave some money to the other guy to be a prick. only because he retrieved his judgement and statement when being confronted
  • Options
    It really does sound so nice and simple doesn't it... that if you want something bad enough you'll get it... have you never hit an emotional bottom though? Which could well happen if you find yourself on the street! It's gonna be pretty hard to motivate yourself :(

ok, Helen if something like this happens to me i will tell you if i was motivated or not
  • Options
    Drew263 wrote:
    You of course realize that goes both ways right?

Of course you do. You're not that small minded.

What is the 'other' way in the both ways? Yes, a lot of non Christians (awfully large subgroup, eh) can be annoyingly self righteously vocal about their beliefs and try to get them passed into law. Unfortunately in this country the Christian right has taken it upon themselves to be the loudest voice and most active. Every other belief, Muslim, Buddhist and especially atheist is routinely marginalized and open for attack in the Christian dominated public.

Of course a person of another religion or belief system can be the same way, and I would hope we would all be critical of them. Christians seem to think only they can have a say and atheists, or others, don't have the same 'moral platform' to stand side by side with them. Thus, they think their shit doesn't stink.
    24 years old, mid-life crisis
    nowadays hits you when you're young
  • Options
    The ChampThe Champ Posts: 4,063
    well tell a fuckin joke then :p

It's your turn!

Yeah, because that would really go over well among these depressing kill-joys..
    'I want to hurry home to you
    put on a slow, dumb show for you
    and crack you up
    so you can put a blue ribbon on my brain
    god I'm very, very frightening
    and I'll overdo it'
  • Options
    but in that case, you'd also be referring to allnitething... and I'm sure he wouldn't appreciate you using his post in that way :p

i don't care, if he/she's got something against it, he/she can come and speak to me. but for as long as AllNiteThing is not here, i will use his/her post however i want to, and no one can make me do otherwise
  • Options
    RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    The Champ wrote:
    All the more reason!
  • Options
    And a lot of them don't.

Hence why I was careful to say 'a lot' rather than 'all'.
    That's the extreme to ANY group... religious or not.

Agreed. But this thread is about Christian hypocrites, not Buddhist hypocrites or Animist hypocrites, etc etc. Also this countries airwaves seem to be dominated by the Christian right, so they open themselves up to more criticism, IMO.
  • Options
    genie wrote:
    ok, Helen if something like this happens to me i will tell you if i was motivated or not
    hey, I'm not trying to be argumentative or anything... just that I spent ONE night of my life homeless... and it is FAR from fun. I physically CAN'T believe that anyone would CHOOSE to be on the street had there been a better option :(
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options
    The Champ wrote:
    well... I'll laugh :)

If it's funny :cool:
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options
    Hence why I was careful to say 'a lot' rather than 'all'.

Agreed. But this thread is about Christian hypocrites, not Buddhist hypocrites or Animist hypocrites, etc etc. Also this countries airwaves seem to be dominated by the Christian right, so they open themselves up to more criticism, IMO.
    So because your airwaves are dominated by assholes who CALL themselves christians, it's ok to group the rest of them, who probably ARE living nice simple helpful lives, into the same group?
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options
    do you really think people WANT to be homeless? :(

Actually, there are many people who prefer the homeless lifestyle than a minimum wage (or higher) one. Of course, everyone wants to be rich, but there are many people who have adapted a self sufficient and (in their mind) fulfilling life. Of course, this likely doesn't apply to those sleeping on the sidewalk in their piss, but don't assume ALL homeless are unhappy with their situation. Just saying.
  • Options
    hey, I'm not trying to be argumentative or anything... just that I spent ONE night of my life homeless... and it is FAR from fun. I physically CAN'T believe that anyone would CHOOSE to be on the street had there been a better option :(

ok, but you're living well now aren't you? got a place to live have an amazing job where you have a chance to spend all day in message pit.

btw, my boyfriend is a living proof of being able to get into a better position by working hard. he came here and he was homeless, didn't have a job, and i would assume his English was not as good as it is right now.
  • Options

He/she wouldn't mind. :p
  • Options
    Actually, there are many people who prefer the homeless lifestyle than a minimum wage (or higher) one. Of course, everyone wants to be rich, but there are many people who have adapted a self sufficient and (in their mind) fulfilling life. Of course, this likely doesn't apply to those sleeping on the sidewalk in their piss, but don't assume ALL homeless are unhappy with their situation. Just saying.

yep, and i'm just going to add that my ex'es relative preffered to be homeless or having little amount of money ( i don't know the full story ) all i know is that he liked it and he considered himself to be free.
  • Options
    He/she wouldn't mind. :p

yep, it would've been easier for me to write if i knew whether you are male or female.
  • Options
    DanimalDanimal Posts: 2,000
    genie wrote:
    ok, but you're living well now aren't you? got a place to live have an amazing job where you have a chance to spend all day in message pit.

btw, my boyfriend is a living proof of being able to get into a better position by working hard. he came here and he was homeless, didn't have a job, and i would assume his English was not as good as it is right now.

You date a homeless dude?
    "I don't believe in PJ fans but I believe there is something, not too sure what." - Thoughts_Arrive

• Options
    genie wrote:
    i don't care, if he/she's got something against it, he/she can come and speak to me. but for as long as AllNiteThing is not here, i will use his/her post however i want to, and no one can make me do otherwise

You can use my post however you want, just don't misquote me or insinuate I'm a hermaphrodite. :p:D
  • Options
    I don't assume ALL of them are unhappy... neither do I assume all of them are happy with it either... and neither do I assume that they're all just too bloody lazy to do anything about it. And not everybody wants to be rich either!
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options
    Danimal wrote:
    You date a homeless dude?

he was homeless, now he's not. but one of my friends is homeless.....well he lives in a shelter for homeless people
  • Options
    genie wrote:

Yes, I'm living ok... I was homeless cos I locked myself out. I had to try and sleep in a bus shelter on the coldest night of the year until I found somebodys garage and some carpet to keep me warmISH. The following day, I got hold of my sister and it was all ok... it's not like I had to go to the job agency and the housing people whilst trying to find a hostel every night also and find money to feed myself with.

How homeless? Was he sleeping on the street?
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options
    You can use my post however you want, just don't misquote me or insinuate I'm a hermaphrodite. :p:D

yes...........erm Sir/Madam :D

:)
  • Options
    genie wrote:
    yep, and i'm just going to add that my ex'es relative preffered to be homeless or having little amount of money ( i don't know the full story ) all i know is that he liked it and he considered himself to be free.
    you DON'T know the full story. Exactly! There are actually some reasons people prefer to be homeless... some of them were sexually, physically or mentally abused at home.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options
    So because your airwaves are dominated by assholes who CALL themselves christians, it's ok to group the rest of them, who probably ARE living nice simple helpful lives, into the same group?

Whoa, whoa...who said anything about ALL??? I've been very careful not to lump whole groups in together. I know very well that you can't stereotype whole subsets of people.
  • Options
    genie wrote:
    yep, it would've been easier for me to write if i knew whether you are male or female.

lol chill...I was just making a joke.
  • Options
    Whoa, whoa...who said anything about ALL??? I've been very careful not to lump whole groups in together. I know very well that you can't stereotype whole subsets of people.
    :confused: You do? :) good for you.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options
    I don't assume ALL of them are unhappy... neither do I assume all of them are happy with it either... and neither do I assume that they're all just too bloody lazy to do anything about it. And not everybody wants to be rich either!

Doesn't it suck when people generalize your posts? :p Sorry, couldn't resist.
  • Options
    Yes, I'm living ok... I was homeless cos I locked myself out. I had to try and sleep in a bus shelter on the coldest night of the year until I found somebodys garage and some carpet to keep me warmISH. The following day, I got hold of my sister and it was all ok... it's not like I had to go to the job agency and the housing people whilst trying to find a hostel every night also and find money to feed myself with.

How homeless? Was he sleeping on the street?

well i don't know when he came over to UK he didn't know anyone and didn't have a job for a while, and his money savings would've been quite low ( next time i see him i will ask for sure )......after a while he found a friend who helped him by letting him stay in his mother's house.
  • Options
    :confused: You do? :) good for you.

Don't use that smarmy tone with me. :D
  • Options
    lol chill...I was just making a joke.

and i liked your joke :) i'm chilled