anyone else not excited by food?

Comments

• TrixieCatTrixieCat Posts: 5,756
    AllIAm wrote:
    the boyf loves take home chef.. i find it to be weird to take a man home with you and have him suprise your husband when he comes home from work.. and you all dolled up like you just got some.. i dunno...

now tyler florence i can get down with.. mmm food 911.. i wanted to get him to my place and tie him up in a closet.. no wait just kidding..

i do miss top chef but hey.. i got my project runway in the meantime.. i like looking at clothes better.. its fun to watch food on tv but you dont get the whole experience.. the smell, the look, the color.. its just all dulled down on tv...
    I like this season of P Runway now that they have gotten rid of the deadweight.
    :)
    Tyler is awesome, but he knows it.
    I enjoy watching Bobby Flay better. He just has more natural grace in the kitchen. It just gets on my nerves when chefs haul out a humongous pepper grinder (extension of their manhood) and crank the daylights out of it like they are drilling for oil.
    Cause I'm broken when I'm lonesome
    And I don't feel right when you're gone away
  • mookie9999mookie9999 Posts: 4,677
    i've seen that kitchen nightmare show, a friend of mine was a big fan and so i watchedi t one day, i like it! although i need the closed captioning sometimes :o

I've gotten better at tuning in so I no longer use the captioning. With that being said, I still rewind the show at least twice to see what the hell I just missed.
    "The leads are weak!"

"The leads are weak? Fuckin' leads are weak? You're Weak! I've Been in this business 15 years"

"What's your name?"

"FUCK YOU! THAT"S MY NAME!"
  • in_hiding79in_hiding79 Posts: 4,315
    my rear is tightening up like a balloon knot reading all this in anticipation of hot sauce pain!!!

hehehehe

Can't handle "super fire hot" hot sauce?

Is your butthole in constant jeopardy if you eat it??
    And so the lion fell in love with the lamb...,"
    "What a stupid lamb."
    "What a sick, masochistic lion."
  • If you don't like food GreenTeaDisease, I don't think it matters. Everyone is different, as long as you look after yourself. :) Coffee and cigerettes aren't good for you but I'm sure you know that. :p
  • AllIAmAllIAm Posts: 1,309
    TrixieCat wrote:
    I enjoy watching Bobby Flay better. He just has more natural grace in the kitchen. It just gets on my nerves when chefs haul out a humongous pepper grinder (extension of their manhood) and crank the daylights out of it like they are drilling for oil.

bobby flay!??!?!?!? he has the BIGGEST ego. he thinks he's amazing. oy. and i went to his restaurant in vegas.. terrible. it was a peice of bbq chicken.. thats it.. it was just so terrible.. and so nothing for all that money. oh i hate him. i love ming tsai.. do you remember him. oh he has an amazing restaurant up here.. and hes so nice.. last time we went he came running up to my mom cause he remembered her from a charity event.. really nice person. we watched the Red Sox together at the bar haha.

and ps- got rid of the deadweight??? uhmm last time i checked sweet p and ricky were still there.. and kevin was gone. sorry off topic i know
  • TrixieCat wrote:
    I used this as my base recipe but boiled the chicken instead of grilling it and let it sit around in the spices after shredding it.
    I added a touch of cinnamon for a little sweetness to balance out the peppers and used whole grain tortillas.
    O
    M
    G

Oh, and avocado and the fresh cilantro are absolute musts.

http://www.foodnetwork.com/food/recipes/recipe/0,,FOOD_9936_11056,00.html

I see...yeah, when you boil the chicken - it gets a really good stock that you can use for the rice...also, totally agree about getting the juicy spices all in the chicken when you let it sit before you shred it...

I noticed that you asked about chile Colorado...I have a really great recipe for it - if you are interested. it is the magical base for a lot of our traditional cal-mex dishes. (northwestern Mexican cuisine)
    IF YOU WANT A PLATE OF MY BEEF SWELLINGTON, YOU'RE GOING TO HAVE TO PAY THE COVERCHARGE.
    you do know i am the Queen of California, tho right??

Of course I know! After all I am the exiled King, remember?!? ;)
    "The leads are weak!"

"The leads are weak? Fuckin' leads are weak? You're Weak! I've Been in this business 15 years"

"What's your name?"

• chiquimonkeychiquimonkey Posts: 9,337
    TrixieCat wrote:
    you guys watch project runway too? YAY!
    AllIAm wrote:
    bobby flay!??!?!?!? he has the BIGGEST ego. he thinks he's amazing. oy.

WHAT?!?!? I watch him on his throwdown show and under his exterior he is quite humble and can take a verbal shot. Also love when he's on Iron Chef. I've never eaten at his restaurants so I cannot comment on those.
    "The leads are weak!"

"What's your name?"

you guys watch project runway too? YAY!
    :o If it is on Bravo...probably. :p
    It is the only station that interests me, besides the food network. lol
    How handsome is the dude from CA with the accent??? The one that drapes??
    **swoon***
    TrixieCat wrote:
    **swoon***

Rami.. he's cool..he will probably win...

christian i adore.. hes suuuch an ass... and why do they make chris run like that.

wow we should just make a new thread.. sorry!

oh and about Bobby Flay yea ive had the privilage of being in the same room as him.. he's an ass.. but thats just my opinion.
    Get_Right wrote:
    Ahh I misread

actual parents, then the ratio must change

10 minutes of visiting and 5 hours of eating

;)

Even better!
    "The leads are weak!"

"What's your name?"

• chiquimonkeychiquimonkey Posts: 9,337
    TrixieCat wrote:
    **swoon***
    ooooh rami? yeah he is mega hot, nice eyes. i like his stuff too, though he is turning out to be a one-trick pony. we should probably have a PR thread so this one doesn't get all derailed :o lol
  • Steve DunneSteve Dunne Posts: 4,965
    TrixieCat wrote:
    **swoon***

arnold? :p
    I love to turn you on
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,810
    AllIAm wrote:
    bobby flay!??!?!?!? he has the BIGGEST ego. he thinks he's amazing. oy. and i went to his restaurant in vegas.. terrible. it was a peice of bbq chicken.. thats it.. it was just so terrible.. and so nothing for all that money. oh i hate him. i love ming tsai.. do you remember him. oh he has an amazing restaurant up here.. and hes so nice.. last time we went he came running up to my mom cause he remembered her from a charity event.. really nice person. we watched the Red Sox together at the bar haha.

and ps- got rid of the deadweight??? uhmm last time i checked sweet p and ricky were still there.. and kevin was gone. sorry off topic i know

throwdown is good
    lidias italy is good
    good eats is good
    tylers ultimate is good
    anything with Julia Child is good
    the complete pepin is really good
    diary of a foodie is growing on me

but I really miss that show on discovery "great chefs of the world"
    snobby, but wow.

That was a fast ten pages!
    AllIAm wrote:

oh and about Bobby Flay yea ive had the privilage of being in the same room as him.. he's an ass.. but thats just my opinion.

So you're saying that people act differently in person than they do on tv? Talk about shattering some dreams today! Next time I run into Regis on the street I'm gonna punch him in his throat! ;)
    "The leads are weak!"

"What's your name?"

Get_Right wrote:
    lidias italy is good

Especially on mute! ;)
    "The leads are weak!"

"What's your name?"

mookie9999 wrote:
    So you're saying that people act differently in person than they do on tv? Talk about shattering some dreams today! Next time I run into Regis on the street I'm gonna punch him in his throat! ;)

i know.. i didn't know how else to brace that fall for you... its a hard truth.. but you can handle it.. keep that chin up mook
    mookie9999 wrote:
    Especially on mute! ;)
    so you dont like her?

too much fluff?
    Get_Right wrote:
    so you dont like her?

too much fluff?
    I think he may be thinking of Giada?
    Lidia is the older lady, yes?
    I like her.
    TrixieCat wrote:
    I like her.

You might be right.

Lidia is the older, plumper one.

Giada? She is hot, but Im not a fan of her cooking.
    Get_Right wrote:
    so you dont like her?

too much fluff?

I was about to say not because of the fluff, but because of how hot she is. I quickly did a google search and realized you were talking about :

http://www.lidiasitaly.com/index2.htm

and I thought you were talking about;

http://erincooks.com/images/links/giadapink.jpg

Not to take anything away from Lidia, the lady has it going on. I was just thinking of someone else! :D
    "The leads are weak!"

"What's your name?"

• senninsennin Posts: 2,146
    I love Giada.
    TrixieCat wrote:
    I like her.

Bingo. :D
    "The leads are weak!"

"What's your name?"

• JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,483
    There is some deal called DineL.A. where a bunch of restaurants offer a special (discounted) menu....we are going to Ruth Chris tonight for filet mignon. I abstained from red meat for like 10 years, but damn, nothing beats a good steak!
    mookie9999 wrote:
    Bingo. :D

now that was funny
    hey some guys like the older plumper ones!
    I like Ellie Krieger too!
    sennin wrote:
    I like Ellie Krieger too!

i like nigella ;)
    Does anyone here watch After Hours with Daniel Boulud??

AWESOME SHOW!

It's in my top 3 TV shows to watch!
  • GraySaturdayGraySaturday Posts: 2,878
    I used to love food, like live for it.. And then when I revamped my lifestyle and began to watch what I was eating, I really stopped caring for food. But its sort of complicated:

I love food still, if I could eat out at wonderful restaurants and not gain a whole person as a result then I would totally always eat out and be excited about it. However, since I make it a point to watch what I eat, and eat healthy, I don't get excited to go out to eat much anymore because I find it stressful to find things that fit in my plan while eating out. I also feel guilty for eating badly, when I know its not what I truly want (despite how much my mind thinks I want that 2000 calorie meal!) and guilty for spending so much money on eating out. We used to eat out constantly, and then resolved to food shop and make meals at home, and we save SO much money its crazy.

I hear what you are saying about holidays and such. I like thanksgiving, but it really lost its special appeal to me recently, food wise. We used to celebrate everything as a family growing up, by going out to eat somewhere. Its hard now, I often think about "going out" as eating out, when I could really be doing something else entertaining aside from eating.

I enjoy cooking (or learning to cook) at home, and trying new things. I much rather save the money from eating out all the time and spend it on new clothes that look better on me anyways from not eating out all the time :)

That being said, I do enjoy trying a fancy place maybe once a month or so. Chicago does have some wonderful places. But I really only go out somewhere special once in a while.