anyone else not excited by food?

Comments

• QuarterToTenQuarterToTen Posts: 3,635

the social aspect is nice as well, sharing with others, part of one's culture too. there are certain dishes that trigger memories from my childhood, or ones that send me back to a place/time.

there's this corn soup my mom makes that i adore, now that she was diagnosed with the heart problem, i'm gonna figure out a way to make a low sodium nonfat version for her :)

ah okay, carry on then! :D

absolutely. certain smells coming out of the kitchen instantly take
    me back to childhood, its great.

and trust me, you can adapt any recipe with a little ingenuity.
    it can be done. its hard at first but once you get used to cooking
    that way it becomes routine.

good luck with your mommy :)
    Nice shirt.
  • chiquimonkeychiquimonkey Posts: 9,337
    TrixieCat wrote:
    I think it would be easier for me to talk about what I don't like.
    haha same here! mmm potato pancakes
  • NY PJ1NY PJ1 Posts: 9,533
    Food is great. I love cooking baked chicken and rice, steak and salad, speghetti and meatballs, chicken fried steak and mashed potaoes, porkchops and applesauce, & hot links and french fries!!! YUMMY.....

Tonight it is Mexican Food!! :)

ummm chicken fried steak
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,810
    TrixieCat wrote:
    Um, yeah, it was from scratch...:o
    It never occured to me. I should try that.

Oh risotto, how I love you.
    And this one was particularly delicious. I prefer to make it myself to ordering it in a restaraunt as you never know if the waiter will let it sit around. Ick. Remember on Top Chef when that dude insisted he put cream into his risotto all the time???? Ick x 2

NO CREAM-natural starch.

Ive had a few that were good, but I always felt like why would you bury those ingredients in rice that is kinda bland.

Butternut squash does sound like it would compliment the rice very nicely.

SORRY for the recipe talking GTD
  • mookie9999mookie9999 Posts: 4,677
    Is it a sin that I get more excited for the mexican food that I'll be eating in California than I get for seeing family?
    "The leads are weak!"

"The leads are weak? Fuckin' leads are weak? You're Weak! I've Been in this business 15 years"

"What's your name?"

"FUCK YOU! THAT"S MY NAME!"
  • decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,977
    definitely. and it's a sensual thing too in the true definition of the word...going to a great restaurant is an experience for all the senses. to me the visuals plays into it as much as the taste.

one of my all time fave places that i reserve for special occasions is this morrocan joint in SF. looks like a tent inside, big pillows on the floor, gorgeous fabrics, brass tables and they have belly dancers on saturday nights when not just playing cool middle eastern music. love it! :)

morrocan places are fantastic for atmosphere...and the food ain't too shabby either! :p

a small group of us from the board went to this raw foods place downtown, and man, great atmosphere! it was soooo *RED*...but the most gorgeous red. it's like another *course* to the meal, beautiful atmosphere!

hubby and i just discovered a new place with a gorgeous interior, after we hd an 'eh' meal at a place nearby. we went in to simply savor the space and enjoy a bottle of wine at the bar, but definitely going back, the menu looks fantastic!

i definitely get *excited* about food...the whole process, well except cooking :p, not my thing.....but i love to watch my husband cook ;)......anyhoooo....he does not get *excited* by food really. he loves food, loves to eat, loves to eat out....but he doesn't get that "OMG that was utterly fantastic!" as i will share....:D
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

absolutely. certain smells coming out of the kitchen instantly take
    me back to childhood, its great.

and trust me, you can adapt any recipe with a little ingenuity.
    it can be done. its hard at first but once you get used to cooking
    that way it becomes routine.

good luck with your mommy :)
    thanks :) and very true, i'm gonna try some things out and see how they work. i figure it's good for me to eat as well, so it's a win win all the way around!
  • in_hiding79in_hiding79 Posts: 4,315
    NY PJ1 wrote:
    ummm chicken fried steak

It is a Southern thing!! It's delicious! :)
    And so the lion fell in love with the lamb...,"
    "What a stupid lamb."
    "What a sick, masochistic lion."
    Food is great. I love cooking baked chicken and rice, steak and salad, speghetti and meatballs, chicken fried steak and mashed potaoes, porkchops and applesauce, & hot links and french fries!!! YUMMY.....

Tonight it is Mexican Food!! :)
    a woman that likes Hot links

WOW

Im impressed
  • senninsennin Posts: 2,146
    and cooking with someone in a small kitchen....lots of bumping going on.

;)

:D
    It is a Southern thing!! It's delicious! :)

i meant yum lol
  • AllIAmAllIAm Posts: 1,309
    TrixieCat wrote:
    Um, yeah, it was from scratch...:o
    It never occured to me. I should try that.

Oh risotto, how I love you.
    And this one was particularly delicious. I prefer to make it myself to ordering it in a restaraunt as you never know if the waiter will let it sit around. Ick. Remember on Top Chef when that dude insisted he put cream into his risotto all the time???? Ick x 2

mmmm risotto.. i get it made for me. i know im spoiled. with pancetta.. and peas.. amazing...

whos the top chef dude? its coming back in a few weeks!
    mookie9999 wrote:
    Is it a sin that I get more excited for the mexican food that I'll be eating in California than I get for seeing family?

No it isn't a sin!! Sometimes that is all you can do to get ya through!! lol
    "What a stupid lamb."
    I think I am fat because I DON'T get excited about food.

I thought I was like that. Turns out I got fat by eating too many calories a day with the only physical activity being my "run to the border".
    "The leads are weak!"

"The leads are weak? Fuckin' leads are weak? You're Weak! I've Been in this business 15 years"

"What's your name?"

NY PJ1 wrote:
    i meant yum lol

IN last months Maxim they had a little blurb on Chicken Fried Bacon!
  • does anyone notice that you can only enjoy it for a few minutes though?
    mookie radio mexico!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! wahhhhhhhhhh

that fricking french place is empty everytime i walk by
    Get_Right wrote:
    a woman that likes Hot links

WOW

Im impressed

I freakin LOVE hot links.....I don't like hot dogs, but I do hot links!!
    "What a stupid lamb."
    mookie9999 wrote:

Absolutely not.

When I go to Japan, its five minutes with the in laws, five hours touring restaurants and food stalls

perfectly acceptable
    AllIAm wrote:
    mmmm risotto.. i get it made for me. i know im spoiled. with pancetta.. and peas.. amazing...

Pea risotto made with pork broth! MMM!
    morrocan places are fantastic for atmosphere...and the food ain't too shabby either! :p

a small group of us from the board went to this raw foods place downtown, and man, great atmosphere! it was soooo *RED*...but the most gorgeous red. it's like another *course* to the meal, beautiful atmosphere!

hubby and i just discovered a new place with a gorgeous interior, after we hd an 'eh' meal at a place nearby. we went in to simply savor the space and enjoy a bottle of wine at the bar, but definitely going back, the menu looks fantastic!

i definitely get *excited* about food...the whole process, well except cooking :p, not my thing.....but i love to watch my husband cook ;)......anyhoooo....he does not get *excited* by food really. he loves food, loves to eat, loves to eat out....but he doesn't get that "OMG that was utterly fantastic!" as i will share....:D
    i love morrocan food, so yeah the whole experience is delicious on all counts!

that raw foods place sounds interesting, i've never been to one. there must be some in SF, i'll have to look. and red is supposed to trigger the appetite, so those folks were smart :)

atmosphere is so important, like a nice view, especially if it's a place by the water. or when traveling, the views one can have while having a meal, or people watching during it....all feeds the memory too!
    sennin wrote:
    IN last months Maxim they had a little blurb on Chicken Fried Bacon!

that must be great for the cholestoral :)
  • JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,483
    TrixieCat wrote:
    Oh potato pancakes...how i love you too.
    With applesauce? :o
    I love curry too.
    I think it would be easier for me to talk about what I don't like.

lol

No applesauce for me...I am a spud purist! I even bought a small food processor cuz I was too lazy to grind them....too much risk of getting skin and blood in the mix!

I am more of a fan of masala, but curry works!
    mookie9999 wrote:
    I thought I was like that. Turns out I got fat by eating too many calories a day with the only physical activity being my "run to the border".

hehehehehehe

lol :)
    "What a stupid lamb."
    does anyone notice that you can only enjoy it for a few minutes though?
    so? an orgasm can last a little bit too, don't mean you can't enjoy it anyway :D
  • so? an orgasm can last a little bit too, don't mean you can't enjoy it anyway :D

I guess I don't really get excited about those either...
  • TrixieCatTrixieCat Posts: 5,756
    AllIAm wrote:

I can't remember which one. I thought it may have been the black guy..not sure. :o
    But, dude...cream???
    lol

I can't wait for the new Top Chef! :)
    I have been jonesing for some good culinary talk.
    Where the hell is the Champ????
    Cause I'm broken when I'm lonesome
    And I don't feel right when you're gone away
    so? an orgasm can last a little bit too, don't mean you can't enjoy it anyway :D

Post of the MONTH!
    Get_Right wrote:
    Absolutely not.

When I go to Japan, its five minutes with the in laws, five hours touring restaurants and food stalls

perfectly acceptable

PHEW! I mean my parents are more than welcome to go to the restaurant with me. Hell, I'll treat them everytime! Just try to not hold a conversation with me when my Chile Colorado hits the table!!!
    "The leads are weak!"

"What's your name?"

NY PJ1 wrote:
    that must be great for the cholestoral :)

Gotta die of something.....better to go HAPPY...while eating!! :)
    "What a stupid lamb."