anyone else not excited by food?

Comments

• NY PJ1NY PJ1 Posts: 9,533
    I guess I don't really get excited about those either...

lord help
  • mookie9999mookie9999 Posts: 4,677
    TrixieCat wrote:
    Where the hell is the Champ????

He's on "medical" leave for a month. Top Chef is coming, but have you watched the BBC version of Kitchen Nightmares yet?
    "The leads are weak!"

"The leads are weak? Fuckin' leads are weak? You're Weak! I've Been in this business 15 years"

"What's your name?"

"FUCK YOU! THAT"S MY NAME!"
    Gotta die of something.....better to go HAPPY...while eating!! :)

oh totally

especially after a goofball,,, munchies galore
  • I guess I don't really get excited about those either...

:eek:

that's crazy talk.

:D
  • in_hiding79in_hiding79 Posts: 4,315
    NY PJ1 wrote:
    lord help

If only Orgasms could last forever.....or at least 5 minutes!!
    And so the lion fell in love with the lamb...,"
    "What a stupid lamb."
    "What a sick, masochistic lion."
  • senninsennin Posts: 2,146
    I guess I don't really get excited about those either...

Learn to enjoy! there's no other way!

It's all state of mind.

Take a day to yourself and learn to enjoy....

I'm talking food here! ;)
  • TrixieCatTrixieCat Posts: 5,756
    mookie9999 wrote:
    PHEW! I mean my parents are more than welcome to go to the restaurant with me. Hell, I'll treat them everytime! Just try to not hold a conversation with me when my Chile Colorado hits the table!!!
    Hi...um, what is this chile colorado you are talking about and can you bring some back next time you go??? For me?? :)
    Cause I'm broken when I'm lonesome
    And I don't feel right when you're gone away
  • decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,977
    i love morrocan food, so yeah the whole experience is delicious on all counts!

that raw foods place sounds interesting, i've never been to one. there must be some in SF, i'll have to look. and red is supposed to trigger the appetite, so those folks were smart :)

atmosphere is so important, like a nice view, especially if it's a place by the water. or when traveling, the views one can have while having a meal, or people watching during it....all feeds the memory too!

i knew as a fellow artist/color freak you'd get the connection...and yes, smart. it was sensuous....and the food was outrageous! i keep telling ya, next ime you're in NY, let me know! and it's sooo healthy...and yet decadent organic wine, and a flourless chocolate cake to die for! OMG.

as far as the *fleetingness* of the enjoyment of food, i don't find that at all. all part of the *mindfulness* of consuming...and especially when shared, it's all memories and wonderful! some of my best memories center around food....great meals shared, drinks.....new experiences....great convos......kisses over drinks/dessert......;) food IS life.
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

that's crazy talk.

something for her 30th bday hehe
  • chiquimonkeychiquimonkey Posts: 9,337
    mookie9999 wrote:
    He's on "medical" leave for a month. Top Chef is coming, but have you watched the BBC version of Kitchen Nightmares yet?
    i've seen that kitchen nightmare show, a friend of mine was a big fan and so i watchedi t one day, i like it! although i need the closed captioning sometimes :o
  • :eek:

that's crazy talk.

yeah...I really don't though...that's another thing I could take or leave...

life would be grand

oops
  • mookie9999 wrote:
    Is it a sin that I get more excited for the mexican food that I'll be eating in California than I get for seeing family?

Central or Northern Cal? Because I KNOW you ain't coming to the South! ;)

Cal-mex is by far the best type of mex food in the states...

menudo on Sunday after a night of hell-raising! ;)

fideo, arroz, frijoles, enchiladas, taquitos, nachitos, tacos, mole, carne con chile, oh...and DONT FORGET TO USE THE CHILE COLORADO!!!!! (anaheim chiles for the Ranchero salsa...mmmmmn,)

my mouth is watering...

Trix - what is your chicken Enchilada recipe??
    IF YOU WANT A PLATE OF MY BEEF SWELLINGTON, YOU'RE GOING TO HAVE TO PAY THE COVERCHARGE.
    mookie9999 wrote:
    I don't normally miss people, but I miss his cozy, warm, loving nature. Always a nice, kind word to say, that crazy kid.

No, when is it on?
    And when is kitchen nightmares on?
    I put Jaime Oliver's new show on the tivo box. I love him.
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,810
    mookie9999 wrote:
    PHEW! I mean my parents are more than welcome to go to the restaurant with me. Hell, I'll treat them everytime! Just try to not hold a conversation with me when my Chile Colorado hits the table!!!

Ahh I misread

actual parents, then the ratio must change

10 minutes of visiting and 5 hours of eating

;)
  • senninsennin Posts: 2,146
    Pork Tenerloin w/ burbon soaked roasted apples and cheesy grits.....

Bone in Rib Eyes....Garlic mashed potato....green beans w/ butter and toasted almonds....

Crispy thin perfect Pizza Margherita and a cold beer.....
  • in_hiding79in_hiding79 Posts: 4,315
    NY PJ1 wrote:
    oops

so grand you had to post twice huh? :)
    And so the lion fell in love with the lamb...,"
    "What a stupid lamb."
    "What a sick, masochistic lion."
    i knew as a fellow artist/color freak you'd get the connection...and yes, smart. it was sensuous....and the food was outrageous! i keep telling ya, next ime you're in NY, let me know! and it's sooo healthy...and yet decadent organic wine, and a flourless chocolate cake to die for! OMG.

as far as the *fleetingness* of the enjoyment of food, i don't find that at all. all part of the *mindfulness* of consuming...and especially when shared, it's all memories and wonderful! some of my best memories center around food....great meals shared, drinks.....new experiences....great convos......kisses over drinks/dessert......;) food IS life.
    flourless chocolate cake? oooooh intriguing! yeah i do need to get back east to visit the family, if i can get some timeto myself i'd love to go...just the decor alone sounds great, red's my favorite color :)

yeah it is true, it can be fleeting, all the more reason to savor it :) just like traveling, sure it doesn't last forever, you come home eventually, but if you are open to experiencing it, it stays with you. i remember great meals i've had years after, not just for the food but the company/location/decor too :)
    so grand you had to post twice huh? :P

hopefully 3x haha

speaking of bananas,,yummy
    TrixieCat wrote:
    Hi...um, what is this chile colorado you are talking about and can you bring some back next time you go??? For me?? :)

It's this thick red mole sauce with super tender beef that is amazing! Of course I'll bring some back, although it is long flight I can't guarantee you will receive a full order! ;)
    "The leads are weak!"

"The leads are weak? Fuckin' leads are weak? You're Weak! I've Been in this business 15 years"

"What's your name?"

Cal-mex is by far the best type of mex food in the states...

menudo on Sunday after a night of hell-raising! ;)

fideo, arroz, frijoles, enchiladas, taquitos, nachitos, tacos, mole, carne con chile, oh...and DONT FORGET TO USE THE CHILE COLORADO!!!!! (anaheim chiles for the Ranchero salsa...mmmmmn,)

my mouth is watering...

Trix - what is your chicken Enchilada recipe??
    I used this as my base recipe but boiled the chicken instead of grilling it and let it sit around in the spices after shredding it.
    I added a touch of cinnamon for a little sweetness to balance out the peppers and used whole grain tortillas.
    O
    M
    G

Oh, and avocado and the fresh cilantro are absolute musts.

http://www.foodnetwork.com/food/recipes/recipe/0,,FOOD_9936_11056,00.html

I know the South is your territory! I'll be staying in the North, which as of now is MY territory!!! :D
    "The leads are weak!"

"What's your name?"

• AllIAmAllIAm Posts: 1,309
    TrixieCat wrote:
    I don't normally miss people, but I miss his cozy, warm, loving nature. Always a nice, kind word to say, that crazy kid.

No, when is it on?

the boyf loves take home chef.. i find it to be weird to take a man home with you and have him suprise your husband when he comes home from work.. and you all dolled up like you just got some.. i dunno...

now tyler florence i can get down with.. mmm food 911.. i wanted to get him to my place and tie him up in a closet.. no wait just kidding..

i do miss top chef but hey.. i got my project runway in the meantime.. i like looking at clothes better.. its fun to watch food on tv but you dont get the whole experience.. the smell, the look, the color.. its just all dulled down on tv...
    TrixieCat wrote:

No, when is it on?

I think it's on Thursday night. It's set on my DVR so I'm never sure when it's on. But knowing the BBC you can probably catch it any night of the week.
    "The leads are weak!"

"What's your name?"

• Steve DunneSteve Dunne Posts: 4,965
    my rear is tightening up like a balloon knot reading all this in anticipation of hot sauce pain!!!
    I love to turn you on
    my rear is tightening up like a balloon knot reading all this in anticipation of hot sauce pain!!!

ewwwwwwwwwwww baby
  • QuarterToTenQuarterToTen Posts: 3,635
    does anyone notice that you can only enjoy it for a few minutes though?

but you know you can enjoy it all over again only a short time later.
    Nice shirt.
    sennin wrote:
    Post of the MONTH!
    thank you, i try *curtsey* haha :p
  • mookie9999 wrote:
    I know the South is your territory! I'll be staying in the North, which as of now is MY territory!!! :D
    you do know i am the Queen of California, tho right??

so - chile colorado! (made me grin like a fool with that one! ;) )
    IF YOU WANT A PLATE OF MY BEEF SWELLINGTON, YOU'RE GOING TO HAVE TO PAY THE COVERCHARGE.