Options

why can't guys just be friends with girls??

18910111214»

Comments

• Options
    geniegenie Posts: 2,222
    it's all good and nice, but lets not forget people that at the end of the day men and women are meant to procreate therefore there will always be this debate.

hey, if i hadn't had problems in finding women who liked me i probably wouldn't even be friends with guys, thus avoiding uncomfortable situations, and having to explain myself as to why i don't want to fuck that particular guy and only want to be friends with him.
  • Options
    geniegenie Posts: 2,222
    haha no i haven't responded to this thread at all since it was started. i just sat back and read everyone's responses, it was really entertaining. But, i should probably explain myself to why i made this thread. two nights ago i got back with my boyfriend, and i told the two guys that liked me what happened, and i can only talk to them if they will accept me as a friend and nothing more. but they insisted on telling me that they fell inlove with me and all this nonsence. anyways.... it turns out i made two guys cry in one night, it was epic. so it turns out that i had to stay up all night with one of the guys on the phone, because he was drinking his problems away. so thats when the question came to mind, what is wrong with guys and girls just being friends and nothing more.

and i appreciated everyones responses. :)

if you've only been with those guys for a short period of time and only as their friend, then the guy who started crying should fucking grow some balls!
  • Options
    marcosmarcos Posts: 2,111
    I think many guys get shit from their friends with locker room mentality to make any relationship more. So it definitely comes down to a maturity issue at the end of the day. As I get older friendships are definitely more valuable in the long run. But as long as you can separate the two, then it's possible to maintain a friendship with occasional sex, though rarely, it is possible.
  • Options
    KravenKraven Posts: 829
    I can't believe I read this whole thread, but anyways...

I think they can, but it depends on the maturity of the people involved. I think in high school its pretty hard, especially with the peer pressure to get laid. I was really good friends with a buddy's girlfriend, who I landed up falling head over heels for after they broke up, and it never amounted to anything, and we stopped being friends for one reason or another. We were great friends and used to hang out all the time and go to the gym after school. I still wonder what could have been, or if our friendship could have lasted longer.

On the flip side, my girlfriend who I have been with for almost 7 years was my friend first and it landed up going to another level. Also I have girl friends who I might have been attracted to at first, and then we just became really good friends, for instance I have a girl friend who is really into sports, she loves football and baseball, so she was really easy to relate to and it turned into more of a brother/sister relationship.

There are so many factors to which path your relationship goes down, I think it really depends on the people involved, or at least from my experience that is how I see it.
    32 shows and counting...
  • Options
    why are they always looking for a "hook-up" or a relationship? what happenened to just being friends?
    it dont work. guys want to bang. sore subject for me.
    Just, not enough.
    I need more.
    Nothing seems to satisfy.
    I said, I dont want it.
    I just need it.
    To breathe, to feel, to know Im alive.
  • Options
    wolfbearwolfbear Posts: 3,965
    they can...and many, many are.
    i have always had numerous male friends, just friends.
    my very best friend is a male, we met during our undergrad days. perhaps there was 'interest' at times...from either side.....but we were always friends first, and both are happily married, to others :p....and i have many strong friendships with men. a passing sexual thought, the idea of what-if?...does not have to ruin a friendship and really, quite natural. however, if one is a true friend, it does not get in the way of the friendship. :)
    Here I am quoting you again D2D. :lol: I have quite a few male friends, one in particular I counted as my best friend. I am happily married and have been for a long long time. I think that maybe male/female relationships are kind of like soul mates in that they few and far between. But, when they happen they are special. I also think that age/maturity does play a part. :)
    "I'd rather be with an animal." "Those that can be trusted can change their mind." "The in between is mine." "If I don't lose control, explore and not explode, a preternatural other plane with the power to maintain." "Yeh this is living." "Life is what you make it."
  • Options
    decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,976
    wolfbear wrote:
    my very best friend is a male, we met during our undergrad days. perhaps there was 'interest' at times...from either side.....but we were always friends first, and both are happily married, to others :p....and i have many strong friendships with men. a passing sexual thought, the idea of what-if?...does not have to ruin a friendship and really, quite natural. however, if one is a true friend, it does not get in the way of the friendship. :)
    Here I am quoting you again D2D. :lol: I have quite a few male friends, one in particular I counted as my best friend. I am happily married and have been for a long long time. I think that maybe male/female relationships are kind of like soul mates in that they few and far between. But, when they happen they are special. I also think that age/maturity does play a part. :)

are you callin' me old? ;)

and my very best friend....well, idk if i fucked that up or not just this past weekend. :?
    can only hope we can survive me and my stupidity.
    :(
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• Options
    wolfbearwolfbear Posts: 3,965
    wolfbear wrote:

are you callin' me old? ;)

and my very best friend....well, idk if i fucked that up or not just this past weekend. :?
    can only hope we can survive me and my stupidity.
    :(
    Nope! Just saying I agree with you. :) Because if you are old, what am I! :shock:
    "I'd rather be with an animal." "Those that can be trusted can change their mind." "The in between is mine." "If I don't lose control, explore and not explode, a preternatural other plane with the power to maintain." "Yeh this is living." "Life is what you make it."
  • Options
    megatronmegatron Posts: 3,420
    i saw this thread and just laughed.
    easy answer..friends don't have sex.
    sooo many times i've told a girl, "that guy is not your friend. he likes you". i was told i'm narrow minded..now boom they're dating.
    no but seriously we can be just friends
  • Options
    A guy can be friends with a girl - if he's gay.

Otherwise, it's extremely rare for any dude witha pulse and a penis to actually be "friends"
    with a girl and not be thinking of playing slap & tickle, hide the pickle with her.
  • Options
    FlaggFlagg Posts: 5,856
    I think I have more girl friends than guy friends. Outside of sports, I don't have much in common with most of the guys I know who only talk about hunting, the stock market, politics, guns, etc., etc. Boring!
    DAL-7/5/98,10/17/00,6/9/03,11/15/13
    BOS-9/28/04,9/29/04,6/28/08,6/30/08, 9/5/16, 9/7/16, 9/2/18
    MTL-9/15/05, OTT-9/16/05
    PHL-5/27/06,5/28/06,10/30/09,10/31/09
    CHI-8/2/07,8/5/07,8/23/09,8/24/09
    HTFD-6/27/08
    ATX-10/4/09, 10/12/14
    KC-5/3/2010,STL-5/4/2010
    Bridge School-10/23/2010,10/24/2010
    PJ20-9/3/2011,9/4/2011
    OKC-11/16/13
    SEA-12/6/13
    TUL-10/8/14
  • Options
    rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 between a rock and a dumb place Posts: 12,632
    Flagg wrote:
    I think I have more girl friends than guy friends. Outside of sports, I don't have much in common with most of the guys I know who only talk about hunting, the stock market, politics, guns, etc., etc. Boring!

ditto.
  • Options
    Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,380
    I have plenty of guy friends :?

But then again I'm pretty tomboyish in the fact that I love sports and heavy music, so maybe they see me as just one of the guys.

Of course I've had guy friends in the past and that didn't work because there was an attraction, but like someone mentioned I think a lot of that has to do with being young.
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • Options
    decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,976
    megatron wrote:
    sooo many times i've told a girl, "that guy is not your friend. he likes you". i was told i'm narrow minded..now boom they're dating.

shit, is that what i've done wrong all these years? :wtf:

hahaha.
    seriously, i do think friends can have sex, but sure....most don't, and are better off not doing so....but that's a whole other story. in all seriousness tho, as i said earlier, i KNOW men and women can be friends, just friends (even if one or the other occasionally thinks of the what-ifs) b/c most of my friends are male, and most of us are happily married to other people.
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• Options
    fanch75fanch75 Posts: 3,736
    Because women are from Mars, men have penis.
    Do you remember Rock & Roll Radio?
  • Options
    They can, my best friend is a man... met him here actually...
    Been to this many PJ shows: Reading 2006 London 2007 Manchester & London 2009 Dublin, Belfast, London, Nijmegen & Berlin 2010 Manchester 1 & Manchester 2 2012...

... and I still think Drive-By Truckers are better.
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,305

aw, thank you.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    megatron wrote:

shit, is that what i've done wrong all these years? :wtf:

hahaha.
    seriously, i do think friends can have sex, but sure....most don't, and are better off not doing so....but that's a whole other story. in all seriousness tho, as i said earlier, i KNOW men and women can be friends, just friends (even if one or the other occasionally thinks of the what-ifs) b/c most of my friends are male, and most of us are happily married to other people.

i do have some girls that are friends but eventually we drink a few too many and hook up. guess it just gets comfortable. i dunno..maybe i just hang out with the wrong girls
  • Options
    justamjustam Posts: 21,394
    fanch75 wrote:

It would be funnier if you wrote "because women are from Venus and men have a penis." :D
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • Options

aw, thank you.

No probs ;)
    Been to this many PJ shows: Reading 2006 London 2007 Manchester & London 2009 Dublin, Belfast, London, Nijmegen & Berlin 2010 Manchester 1 & Manchester 2 2012...

... and I still think Drive-By Truckers are better.
  • Options
    pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    I think because men picture women naked 24 -7 ;):lol:
  • Options
    pandora wrote:

:D
  • Options
    RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013
    pandora wrote:

***thinks about all the men she met at PJ20***
    :?
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,479
    justam wrote:
    fanch75 wrote:

It would be funnier if you wrote "because women are from Venus and men have a penis." :D
    :lol::lol:
  • Options
    RKCNDY wrote:
    pandora wrote:

i resent that 8-)
  • Options
    megatron wrote:
    RKCNDY wrote:
    pandora wrote:

i resent that 8-)

did I meet you? :shock:
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    RKCNDY wrote:
    pandora wrote:

:wave: :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    81 wrote:
    RKCNDY wrote:
    pandora wrote:

:wave: :lol:

:lol::lol::lol:

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,832
    pandora wrote:
    which brings us to the real reason why guys cant be "just" friends with girls.

I know a bit crude, but the answers are Breasts and Vagina.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    mickeyrat wrote:
    pandora wrote:
    which brings us to the real reason why guys cant be "just" friends with girls.

I know a bit crude, but the answers are Breasts and Vagina.
    yes but that's what also makes us the best of friends ;)

even life long friends :D