Options

why can't guys just be friends with girls??

answers are fatalanswers are fatal Posts: 281
edited September 2011 in All Encompassing Trip
why are they always looking for a "hook-up" or a relationship? what happenened to just being friends?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    muppetmuppet Posts: 980
    Well why do girls lead guys on when really nothing is ever gonna come of it? ;)
  • Options
    Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876
    The dreaded *Friends Zone*

The only girlfriends that guys have are girls they haven't banged yet

Friends w/benefits is the way to go
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
  • Options
    Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,790
    muppet wrote:

Touche'.....Plus, if a guy and girl hang out enough they're inevitably going to end up having sex. It's like a law or something.
  • Options
    GraySaturdayGraySaturday Posts: 2,878
    boys are dumb :)

I'm friends with Colby.. I guess the only guy I can be friends with is a 16 year old. If he got fresh with me, I'd just step on him or something..

R - guys are like mentally 5 years behind girls maturity wise.. its going to be a while till you find them on par ;)

*Okay, no one throw stones at me.. I mean it in good fun
  • Options
    From my many years of experience, they can if the girl is not attractive to them, or if one of them, or both are in a relationship already.
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147
    immaturity
  • Options
    CHANGEinWAVESCHANGEinWAVES Posts: 10,169
    Ahhh more drama huh rach?
    Add it to the list this week:(
    "I'm not present, I'm a drug that makes you dream"
  • Options
    saveuplifesaveuplife Posts: 1,173
    They can, according to many girls. But, guys know the guy in the friendship is actually interested in being more than just friends.

It's pretty simple really. Guys don't need girlfriends. They can get plenty of guy friends. Why would you need a girl "friend"? If you say info on girls or advice, guys can still get that.

So, the real question is why do girls need guy friends?
  • Options
    Like the other poster said

Guys take signals from the girl and think they wanna have sex

Then the girl is like "What?" "Why would you think that?"

Maybe because we get along and you hang with me all the time..and we grind when we dance

• Options
    Maybe because we get along and you hang with me all the time..and we grind when we dance

Ahahahahahaha!!!
  • Options
    acoustic guyacoustic guy Posts: 3,770
    boys are dumb :)

I'm friends with Colby.. I guess the only guy I can be friends with is a 16 year old. If he got fresh with me, I'd just step on him or something..

R - guys are like mentally 5 years behind girls maturity wise.. its going to be a while till you find them on par ;)

*Okay, no one throw stones at me.. I mean it in good fun
    Your friend is 16 and you don't think he dreams of sleeping wih you? LOL That kid is in his sexual prime........watch out! :D
    Get em a Body Bag Yeeeeeaaaaa!
    Sweep the Leg Johnny.
  • Options
    All you have to do is watch Billy Crystal's speech in "When Harry Met Sally" and (as much as I don't really LOVE the movie) that's about as clear as it gets.

- the sex thing always gets in the way
    - guys want to nail even girls they aren't totally hot for
    - it doesn't matter if one of them isn't attracted to the other, because if the other person IS attracted, then the sex thing is in the way
    - it won't work if either is in a relationship with someone else because the person's s.o. won't understand why then need to be friends with the person their "just friends" with.

Something like that.
    "If you're looking for someone to pull you out of that ditch, you're out of luck."
  • Options
    nfanelnfanel Posts: 2,558
    i probaby have more guy friends than girl friends. lots of life long guy friends that nothing 'romantic' has ever happened with....and exes that converted over. i don't buy it that guys and girls can't be friends.
  • Options
    Your friend is 16 and you don't think he dreams of sleeping wih you? LOL That kid is in his sexual prime........watch out! :D

EW!!

Colby is Drop the Leash 10!! he's gonna come to this thread and die of embarrassment now!
  • Options

How many tissues under his bed ???

;)

• Options
    Yellow BedwetterYellow Bedwetter NYC Posts: 2,832
    wow...these first responses are more educating than my college psych class 4 years ago
    2005: Borgata 2, Philly
    2006: Camden 1&2, East Ruth 1&2
    2008: BONNAROO, MSG1, MSG2, Hartford
    2009: Philly 1, 2, 4
    2010: Hartford, MSG1, MSG2
    2012: Made in America
    2013: BK1, BK2, Hartford
    2015: Global Citizens
    2016: MSG 2 (ISO MSG1)
    EV Solo: NJPAC 2008; Tower Theatre, PA 2009; Hartford 2011
  • Options
    dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    cos girls have boobs.
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Options
    rival.rival. Chicago Posts: 7,776
    the answers are fatal.
  • Options
    muppet wrote:
    Totally. What happens is, the girl gets so comfortable with the guy, she thinks of him as a gay friend or brother so she unknowingly gets real relaxed around him. He takes this as flirting and he moves in for the kill.

Ya got to remember (OFCOURSE I DON"T SPEAK FOR ALL MEN) ;) but if a guy is friends with a hot girl, they are always wiling to have sex with them. The girl might not be but the guy would anytime. They are friends b/c the girl dictates that.
    Sweep the Leg Johnny.
  • Options
    dunkman wrote:
    cos girls have boobs.
    hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!
    Sweep the Leg Johnny.
  • Options
    dunkman wrote:
    cos girls have boobs.

and all this time I thought we were friends because of my wonderful personality..

hummm
  • Options
    Totally. What happens is, the girl gets so comfortable with the guy, she thinks of him as a gay friend or brother so she unknowingly gets real relaxed around him. He takes this as flirting and he moves in for the kill.

Ya got to remember (OFCOURSE I DON"T SPEAK FOR ALL MEN) ;) but if a guy is friends with a hot girl, they are always wiling to have sex with them. The girl might not be but the guy would anytime. They are friends b/c the girl dictates that.

And with that...class is dismissed !

That's dead on

• Options

Good point, yes maybe the guy would like a relationship, but mostly the guy if he likes the girl as a friend could be easily indifferent to a "relationship" and could easily have sex with her and go back to just "hangin out." The girl on the other hand well.....Elaine's pulling all the paper towels from the rack.
  • Options
    EW!!

Colby is Drop the Leash 10!! he's gonna come to this thread and die of embarrassment now!
    Or hope its a doorway to heaven for him :D
    Sweep the Leg Johnny.
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147
    All you have to do is watch Billy Crystal's speech in "When Harry Met Sally" and (as much as I don't really LOVE the movie) that's about as clear as it gets.

- the sex thing always gets in the way
    - guys want to nail even girls they aren't totally hot for
    - it doesn't matter if one of them isn't attracted to the other, because if the other person IS attracted, then the sex thing is in the way
    - it won't work if either is in a relationship with someone else because the person's s.o. won't understand why then need to be friends with the person their "just friends" with.

Something like that.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aJz1f8hPRGc
  • Options
    SENROCKSENROCK Posts: 10,736
    why are they always looking for a "hook-up" or a relationship? what happenened to just being friends?

chicks are the same way! the only difference is guys ACT on it. In defense of the dudes, there are ALOT of them that can be just frenz. Its not fair to them when girls tease them KNOWING they wont let the guy anywhere NEAR them. That sh*t aint right!!!!
    ~~~~~~ALWAYS HAVE A GOOD TIME~~~~~~
    Sir Mike McCready is....THE MASTER!!! WAHHH!!!
    EVENFLOW PSYCHOS H.N.I.C~FEEL THE FLOW!!!

"Pearl Jam fans are obsessed, they'd see the boys in HELL if tickets were sold."-CROJAM95

It takes balls to put out a UKE album!
  • Options
    And with that...class is dismissed !

That's dead on
    :) Thank you very much.

I have many girl friends but to be honest....I have slept with all of them before I as married :D Hahahahaha.

My wife does not like it but we were friends before I was married.
    Sweep the Leg Johnny.
  • Options

Exactly... In general, a guy isn't going to be friends with a girl that he has absolutely no interest in sleeping with. The only thing stopping a guy from sleeping with a "friend" is because the girl won't let him, or the guy is in a relationship.
    My whole life
    was like a picture
    of a sunny day
    “We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses.”
    ― Abraham Lincoln
  • Options
    SENROCK! wrote:
    chicks are the same way! the only difference is guys ACT on it. In defense of the dudes, there are ALOT of them that can be just frenz. Its not fair to them when girls tease them KNOWING they wont let the guy anywhere NEAR them. That sh*t aint right!!!!
    Exactly.
    Oh he is just a friend so I can walk around in my panties, he does not care...
    Yeaaaaaa righttttt! Check under the pillow that is on his lap to see if he cares or not :D
    Sweep the Leg Johnny.
  • Options
    SENROCKSENROCK Posts: 10,736

hahahaha that is CLASSIC cuz its true!!!! :D Gray may be strictly frenz cuz she knows better but him? You can TELL thru some of his posts that theres the deeper thought! :eek: Its normal though right? And Gray is cute. :D
    ~~~~~~ALWAYS HAVE A GOOD TIME~~~~~~
    Sir Mike McCready is....THE MASTER!!! WAHHH!!!
    EVENFLOW PSYCHOS H.N.I.C~FEEL THE FLOW!!!

"Pearl Jam fans are obsessed, they'd see the boys in HELL if tickets were sold."-CROJAM95

It takes balls to put out a UKE album!