Options

why can't guys just be friends with girls??

Comments

• Options
    catch22catch22 Posts: 1,081
    :(

just 2 seconds ago you were talking about how girls backstab each other and you'd rather hang out with guys. he says the same and you go all frowny? methinks the real reason you like having guy friends is the attention.
    and like that... he's gone.
  • Options
    chadwickchadwick up my ass Posts: 21,157
    but wouldn't it be nice if everybody was friends with one another with
    a no strings attached friendship, nothing expected in regards of a sexual nature type friendship, all equal, open and honest?
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    SENROCKSENROCK Posts: 10,736
    Why is this thread still here??!!!! We answered the question from the beginning!!!! :D
    ~~~~~~ALWAYS HAVE A GOOD TIME~~~~~~
    Sir Mike McCready is....THE MASTER!!! WAHHH!!!
    EVENFLOW PSYCHOS H.N.I.C~FEEL THE FLOW!!!

"Pearl Jam fans are obsessed, they'd see the boys in HELL if tickets were sold."-CROJAM95

It takes balls to put out a UKE album!
  • Options
    LizardLizard So Cal Posts: 12,073
    SENROCK! wrote:
    Why is this thread still here??!!

kinda my thoughts when I just logged on!!!

And...........Has the OP responded to anything? I have not checked the thread.
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • Options
    Lizard wrote:

i think we scared her. shes under age and a really nice girl! But some of the stuff we all said THAT WAS TRUE may have been WAY too honest!!! :eek: Maybe we need a pg13 or rated R seal on some threads!!!

"Pearl Jam fans are obsessed, they'd see the boys in HELL if tickets were sold."-CROJAM95

• Options
    eyedclaareyedclaar Posts: 6,980
    SENROCK! wrote:
    i think we scared her. shes under age and a really nice girl! But some of the stuff we all said THAT WAS TRUE may have been WAY too honest!!! :eek: Maybe we need a pg13 or rated R seal on some threads!!!

Hehe. That will teach her to mess around with Pandora's Box. Don't open that shit unless you're ready to look inside!
    Idaho's Premier Outdoor Writer

Please Support My Writing Habit By Purchasing A Book:

https://www.createspace.com/3437020

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000663025696

http://earthtremors.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    fanch75fanch75 Posts: 3,736
    I have a ton of male friends and they all know I'm married! One I have been friends with since I was in 8th grade...it is possible!! :)

Yup, and every one of them are waiting/hoping for you to get tired of your husband or to get into an argument with him and you (in your hour of need) run to one of these guy buddies for help, leading to drinking, leading to some Snoop Dogg action.
    Do you remember Rock & Roll Radio?
  • Options
    IndifferenceIndifference Posts: 2,647
    fanch75 wrote:
    Yup, and every one of them are waiting/hoping for you to get tired of your husband or to get into an argument with him and you (in your hour of need) run to one of these guy buddies for help, leading to drinking, leading to some Snoop Dogg action.

Yep.............

SHOW COUNT: (149) 1990's=3, 2000's=53, 2010/20's=89, US=109, CAN=15, Europe=19 ,New Zealand=2, Australia=2
    Mexico=1, Colombia=1 

Upcoming:  Sacramento, Vegas x2, Manchester, London, Chicago x2, NYC x2, Fenway x2, Aucklandx2, Gold Coast, Melbournex2

• Options
    AllieAllie Posts: 2,908
    TrixieCat wrote:
    Sure guys are great and all, but I would rather hang with my girls. Maybe I have just been lucky enough to surround myself with good friends that are cool and let me cut loose. I question those that only have "catty" relationships with women. Often it seems they are the ones with the problems towards other women. Me? I celebrate women and all that we are.
    I am one of 'those' that said that about women.

I didn't say I had only catty relationships with women-

I said women have been catty and envious towards me. Instead of asking me why that happened, or what happened, you, a woman, assume I am the one with problem. I fail to see how that 'celebrates' another woman, it confirms my point.
    "...like a word misplaced, nothing said, what a waste.."
    "Sometimes life should be consumed in measured doses"
    6-01-06
    6/25/08
    Free Speedy
    and Metsy!
  • Options
    TrixieCatTrixieCat Posts: 5,756
    Allie wrote:

I said women have been catty and envious towards me. Instead of asking me why that happened, or what happened, you, a woman, assume I am the one with problem. I fail to see how that 'celebrates' another woman, it confirms my point.
    Confirms your point about what? lol
    I am envious of you? Or catty towards you?
    Cause I'm broken when I'm lonesome
    And I don't feel right when you're gone away
  • Options
    geniegenie Posts: 2,222
    another reason why i hangout with guys is because i'm curious about how they think and how they look at a particular situation.i'm amazed at how some guys don't mind getting hurt physically.....hell if only i could be like that
  • Options
    catch22 wrote:
    just 2 seconds ago you were talking about how girls backstab each other and you'd rather hang out with guys. he says the same and you go all frowny? methinks the real reason you like having guy friends is the attention.
    Knock it off.
    Leave her alone.
    So what?
  • Options
    genie wrote:
    another reason why i hangout with guys is because i'm curious about how they think and how they look at a particular situation.i'm amazed at how some guys don't mind getting hurt physically.....hell if only i could be like that

Haha. As a reckless man with numerous broken bones I can only say that it isn't that I enjoy getting hurt, it's just that I'm not going to let the fact that I might get hurt stop me from doing something. On the other hand, as a result, part of my body is hurting all the time these days. I guess there are trade-offs.

• Options
    Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876
    eyedclaar wrote:
    Haha. As a reckless man with numerous broken bones I can only say that it isn't that I enjoy getting hurt, it's just that I'm not going to let the fact that I might get hurt stop me from doing something. On the other hand, as a result, part of my body is hurting all the time these days. I guess there are trade-offs.

Should I or shouldn't I put that extra packet of FIRE sauce on my burrito...

That's my hurt, baby
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
  • Options
    Allie wrote:

TrixieCat wrote:
    Confirms your point about what? lol
    I am envious of you? Or catty towards you?

Ladies, let's not go there! i hear you both :) and i can say that some men have been complete dickheads towards me, especially i will never forget that time when i was in the club and i felt really bad because i've recently split up with my boyfriend, and this guy came upto me and started swearing and showing some nasty gestures to me wanting to see my reaction, and because i'm not a violent person i started annoying him by doing childish things like messing up his hair.....my ex saw that and thought i was annoying completely innocent person and started going on at me and saying "what the fuck do you think you're doing" ah, that's when all the demons i held within me came back from my past and i went to the toilet and cried all night.
  • Options
    Lizard wrote:

haha no i haven't responded to this thread at all since it was started. i just sat back and read everyone's responses, it was really entertaining. But, i should probably explain myself to why i made this thread. two nights ago i got back with my boyfriend, and i told the two guys that liked me what happened, and i can only talk to them if they will accept me as a friend and nothing more. but they insisted on telling me that they fell inlove with me and all this nonsence. anyways.... it turns out i made two guys cry in one night, it was epic. so it turns out that i had to stay up all night with one of the guys on the phone, because he was drinking his problems away. so thats when the question came to mind, what is wrong with guys and girls just being friends and nothing more.

and i appreciated everyones responses. :)
  • Options
    LizardLizard So Cal Posts: 12,073
    haha no i haven't responded to this thread at all since it was started. i just sat back and read everyone's responses, it was really entertaining. But, i should probably explain myself to why i made this thread. two nights ago i got back with my boyfriend, and i told the two guys that liked me what happened, and i can only talk to them if they will accept me as a friend and nothing more. but they insisted on telling me that they fell inlove with me and all this nonsence. anyways.... it turns out i made two guys cry in one night, it was epic. so it turns out that i had to stay up all night with one of the guys on the phone, because he was drinking his problems away. so thats when the question came to mind, what is wrong with guys and girls just being friends and nothing more.

Wow--made them cry!!!! That some power you have!! You are only 17--how are old those guys? (drinking and all!! ) ;)
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • Options

With this response of yours, our points have been proven! Gladd u were entertained but let it make you wiser too! :)

• Options

Making two guys cry in the same night. Good work, youngster!

• Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147

as i said initially....immaturity....and in this case it sounds like it ;)
  • Options
    Should I or shouldn't I put that extra packet of FIRE sauce on my burrito...

That's my hurt, baby

Oh, you certainly should. Maybe throw an extra hot one on there for me.

• Options
    genie wrote:
    Ladies, let's not go there! i hear you both :) and i can say that some men have been complete dickheads towards me, especially i will never forget that time when i was in the club and i felt really bad because i've recently split up with my boyfriend, and this guy came upto me and started swearing and showing some nasty gestures to me wanting to see my reaction, and because i'm not a violent person i started annoying him by doing childish things like messing up his hair.....my ex saw that and thought i was annoying completely innocent person and started going on at me and saying "what the fuck do you think you're doing" ah, that's when all the demons i held within me came back from my past and i went to the toilet and cried all night.
    I made a generalization and she made one.
    No biggie.
    I don't fight with people on here.lol
    Unless I know you in real life. :p
  • Options
    in fact i freaking hated boys at school...hmmm, i wonder if i was a lesbian would i hate men?
  • Options
    TrixieCat wrote:
    I made a generalization and she made one.
    No biggie.
    I don't fight with people on here.lol
    Unless I know you in real life. :p

i don't think you do, cause all my friends are men :D
  • Options
    genie wrote:
    in fact i freaking hated boys at school...hmmm, i wonder if i was a lesbian would i hate men?
    Not all lesbians hate men.

I think I have deeper friendships with women.
    I have had plenty of guy friends. But there is always the sexual undertone and I am not about to deal with that when I am trying to relax.
  • Options
    chadwickchadwick up my ass Posts: 21,157
    genie wrote:

i am a man & i am a full blown lesbian :D
    does that make sense?
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    TrixieCat wrote:
    Not all lesbians hate men.

I think I have deeper friendships with women.
    I have had plenty of guy friends. But there is always the sexual undertone and I am not about to deal with that when I am trying to relax.

You're hot blooded woman!

Nah, i wasn't talking about other lesbians at all, i meant only myself and no one else, i mean seriously if i wasn't sexually attracted to them would i still be kind and understanding? the kind of question i would find difficult to answer.
  • Options
    chadwick wrote:
    i am a man & i am a full blown lesbian :D
    does that make sense?

for me it doesn't,

it either means you're gay or it means you love women too much and you want to become a woman
  • Options
    genie wrote:
    You're hot blooded woman!

Nah, i wasn't talking about other lesbians at all, i meant only myself and no one else, i mean seriously if i wasn't sexually attracted to them would i still be kind and understanding? the kind of question i would find difficult to answer.
    You are confusing the shit out of me! lol
    Are you talking about being kind and understanding to men or lesbians?
    You don't have any women friends?
  • Options
    TrixieCat wrote:
    You are confusing the shit out of me! lol
    Are you talking about being kind and understanding to men or lesbians?
    You don't have any women friends?

i'm talking about being kind and understanding to men.

well, i'm lucky to have friends at all, and two females that i know i would only call them my associates because they don't care about me really they just want me as someone to go out with you know, they ask how i am but deep down they're not really bothered about me