How 'bout them Penguins? How 'bout them Penguins!

Comments

• I was at the Flyers/Pens game on Saturday

Of course the Flyers smacked the Pens

My observation is how can Crosby be the captain of this team the way he cries on the ice like a baby, throws his glove in disgust like a 2 yr. old when he doesn't get a call ??? He throws tantrums like a little kid. He's only what 19-20 years old ?? I don't think he's ready to be a Captain.

You have veteran guys on that team like Recchi and Roberts (one of which should be the captain) and they must watch this little whiner and get disgusted.

He's a great player but the immaturity is sickening

Now Jason Smith...that is a Captain my friends !!

LET'S GO FLYERS !!
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
  • kenshuntkenshunt Posts: 2,863
    inmyrvm wrote:
    that's the dumbest post i've ever seen in these forums.
    Very True, but giving up on Fleury at his age is pretty dumb to.
    London 2005
    Toronto 2011 night 2
    Hamilton 2011
    London 2013
  • inmyrvminmyrvm Posts: 933
    I was at the Flyers/Pens game on Saturday

My observation is how can Crosby be the captain of this team the way he cries on the ice like a baby, throws his glove in disgust like a 2 yr. old when he doesn't get a call ??? He throws tantrums like a little kid. He's only what 19-20 years old ?? I don't think he's ready to be a Captain.

You have veteran guys on that team like Recchi and Roberts (one of which should be the captain) and they must watch this little whiner and get disgusted.

LET'S GO FLYERS !!

typical reaction from a flyers fan. hey let's boo the best player in the league every time he touches the puck. classy.

fleury has been in the league long enough now. age has nothing to do with it at this point.
    "Fuck the talkin' let's start rockin" - Eddie Vedder 9-5-00 Pittsburgh
    4/26/03 Pittsburgh 5/3/03 State College 7/12/03 Hershey 10/1/04 Reading 9/28/05 Pittsburgh 5/20/06 Cleveland 6/23/06 Pittsburgh 6/22/08 DC

friends don't let friends listen to good charlotte
  • chromiamchromiam Posts: 4,114
    inmyrvm wrote:
    typical reaction from a flyers fan. hey let's boo the best player in the league every time he touches the puck. classy.

fleury has been in the league long enough now. age has nothing to do with it at this point.

no you boo the crying whining kid who doesn't get his way... see Jagr
    This is your notice that there is a problem with your signature. Please remove it.

Admin

Social awareness does not equal political activism!

5/23/2011- An utter embarrassment... ticketing failures too many to list.
  • drew0drew0 Posts: 943
    I was at the game last night. I'm getting a little annoyed - hopefully we can get back into the groove. We're just not playing good. Stupid mistakes are killing us.
    Pittsburgh 6/23/06
    Madison Square Garden 6/25/08
  • chromiam wrote:

You guys are hilarious...

EVERY player in the league bitches and complains when they don't get a call or get a bogus call against them, yet only the elite players are labeled as whiners or crybabies.

Classic.
  • You guys are hilarious...

EVERY player in the league bitches and complains when they don't get a call or get a bogus call against them, yet only the elite players are labeled as whiners or crybabies.

Classic.

Agree... and Crosby is in the middle of those plays more and the camera is on him more than everyone else combined, he is viewed as a crybaby. In fairness though, his rookie year he complained a lot which gave him a bad reputation. Last season and this season he has done a much better job.
    My whole life
    was like a picture
    of a sunny day
    “We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses.”
    ― Abraham Lincoln
  • chromiamchromiam Posts: 4,114
    You guys are hilarious...

Classic.

True but there are professional ways to go about it... not tossing gloves, making an ass out of yourself, and losing the respect of players around the league. Some players get that and others don't.
    This is your notice that there is a problem with your signature. Please remove it.

Admin

Social awareness does not equal political activism!

5/23/2011- An utter embarrassment... ticketing failures too many to list.
    chromiam wrote:

we boo jagr because he is a jagoff, not a crybaby.

i agree with aspoonful. crosby was bad his rookie year, now he's not nearly as bad. not saying he still doesn't but no more than anyone else. i've never seen crosby throw his gloves or anything like that complaining either.
    4/26/03 Pittsburgh 5/3/03 State College 7/12/03 Hershey 10/1/04 Reading 9/28/05 Pittsburgh 5/20/06 Cleveland 6/23/06 Pittsburgh 6/22/08 DC

• inmyrvm wrote:

Its not just a FLYERS fan reaction it's a Hockey fan reaction

He gets booed because of his actions more than anything, are we supposed to cheer everytime he touches the puck ?

You always ride the other teams best player, him more so because he's a crybaby

• inmyrvm wrote:
    we boo jagr because he is a jagoff, not a crybaby.

i agree with aspoonful. crosby was bad his rookie year, now he's not nearly as bad. not saying he still doesn't but no more than anyone else. i've never seen crosby throw his gloves or anything like that complaining either.

I witnessed his baby bottle throwing I mean glove throwing on Saturday

He needs to go about his complaining in a better way, its pathetic

I'd have more respect for him if he would drop the gloves every once in awhile

That aint happening

• chromiam wrote:
    True but there are professional ways to go about it... not tossing gloves, making an ass out of yourself, and losing the respect of players around the league. Some players get that and others don't.

Thank You

Like I said him wearing the "C" is absolute joke

• You guys are hilarious...

Classic.

I've watched hockey for years and have never seen anyone react like him

Ron Francis,Peter Forsberg were bigtime complainers and would always get in the face of the referee and bitch would never get into a tantrum like Crosby

Hopefully he willl grow up at some point...or not we like chanting "Crosby Sucks" at the games :)

• I was at the Flyers/Pens game on Saturday

LET'S GO FLYERS !!

of course the flyers smacked the pens? they wasted you every game last year.
    you would throw your gloves too if your great captain smith slashed you.
    and did you even know jason smith existed when he was an oiler? my guess is no. you have crosby envy i understand.
  • of course the flyers smacked the pens? they wasted you every game last year.
    you would throw your gloves too if your great captain smith slashed you.
    and did you even know jason smith existed when he was an oiler? my guess is no. you have crosby envy i understand.

What ??

Yeah, that was last year lets talk about this year

Up until last year you guy's were awful as well

I've been watching hockey my whole life, I know who Smith is

I don't envy Crosby, I said he's a great player

He needs to grow a set and grow the fuck up :D

• What ??

Yeah, that was last year lets talk about this year

Up until last year you guy's were awful as well

I've been watching hockey my whole life, I know who Smith is

I don't envy Crosby, I said he's a great player

He needs to grow a set and grow the fuck up :D

he is young. it will come. but seriously if you lived around here and saw the stories on this kid he is a true role model off the ice. he loses it on the ice but with maturity hopefully you'll become a fan.(meaning crosby maturing not yourself)
  • he is young. it will come. but seriously if you lived around here and saw the stories on this kid he is a true role model off the ice. he loses it on the ice but with maturity hopefully you'll become a fan.

That was my original post saying I thought he should not be captain yet

He's not mature enough yet

I always have respect for great players, but when you act like that I lose it

I was there giving Lemieux his standing ovation after he came back from cancer in Philly that year...then we boo him when he scores ;)

I've watched hockey for years and have never seen anyone react like him

Ron Francis,Peter Forsberg were bigtime complainers and would always get in the face of the referee and bitch would never get into a tantrum like Crosby

Hopefully he willl grow up at some point...or not we like chanting "Crosby Sucks" at the games :)
    i'd rather our captain be a crybaby than a fucking goon. like i said, his rookie year he was immature. he's come a long way. he's no worse than anyone else in the league now (especially captains, that's what they do). saying francis was a crybaby completely killed your credibility.

• Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • the penguins stink right now.

hopefuly they can turn it around soon.
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    congrats on scoring goals on a shitty goalie. whoopty doo.

• inmyrvm wrote:
    i'd rather our captain be a crybaby than a fucking goon. like i said, his rookie year he was immature. he's come a long way. he's no worse than anyone else in the league now (especially captains, that's what they do). saying francis was a crybaby completely killed your credibility.

Captains throw their gloves and cry ???

Yeah, I've seen Messier do that all the time..nice try though

Who has a goon for a captain ? If you think Smith is a goon you lose all credibility

Sorry he slashed Cyndy, he didn't think he would cry and through his baby tantrum

Captains throw their gloves and cry ???

Yeah, I've seen Messier do that all the time..nice try though

Who has a goon for a captain ? If you think Smith is a goon you lose all credibility

Sorry he slashed Cyndy, he didn't think he would cry and through his baby tantrum
    it took you a week to come up with that?

• Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    Youngstown

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=TRAHL9ES

or here

http://www.mediafire.com/?02immbygu3c

Code of Silence....

http://www.mediafire.com/?8xrv9ctbb4d

Here's the full show. These are mp3s (at 256 bitrate) for your personal use. Don't burn cds and trade them. Thanks to the taper, Neo.

Bruce Springsteen
    Mellon Arena
    Pittsburgh, PA
    November 14, 2007

Audio Technica AT-853 > Edirol R-9 > Adobe Audition > FLAC Frontend

Disc One:

01. Intro / Radio Nowhere
    02. The Ties That Bind
    03. Lonesome Day
    04. Gypsy Biker
    05. Magic
    06. Reason to Believe
    07. Night
    08. She's the One
    09. Livin' in the Future
    10. The Promised Land
    11. Code of Silence (with Joe Grushecky)
    12. Backstreets
    13. Working on the Highway

Disc Two:

01. Devil's Arcade
    02. The Rising
    03. Last to Die
    04. Long Walk Home
    05. Badlands
    (encores)
    06. Youngstown
    07. Girls in Their Summer Clothes
    08. Kitty's Back
    09. Born to Run
    10. Dancing in the Dark
    11. American Land

This was recorded from one of the back corner's of the arena on the second level and turned out better than I expected, given the distance to the speaker stacks. The one second drop-out in Ties that Bind actually happened live at the show (first time I've seen that happen). It is not a recording glitch.

Enjoy!
    Neo

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=I5XYYMOC
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • RygarRygar Posts: 8,685

Who has a goon for a captain ?

Boston.
  • inmyrvm wrote:
    it took you a week to come up with that?

Dude, you're a waste of time

• for Jen
    "It's all happening"
  • I got tickets for the game in Vancouver next saturday. Super stoked. It will be the first time I get to see Crosby live. Hoping for a hattrick and that I don't get killed by drunken Canuck fans. 2 goals for Crosby tonight so far. Sweet.
  • kenshuntkenshunt Posts: 2,863
    Haha thanks Penguins for giving Mark Bell his first goal of the season, thanks for ending Blakes goaless drought :)
    London 2005
    Toronto 2011 night 2
    Hamilton 2011
    London 2013
  • RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    kenshunt wrote:
    Haha thanks Penguins for giving Mark Bell his first goal of the season, thanks for ending Blakes goaless drought :)

Forget it man, fairweather thread in here.