How 'bout them Penguins? How 'bout them Penguins!

Comments

• RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    What do you mean?

That you've been on the bandwagon for 20 years!

I was being sarcastic, as 20 years obviously puts you above bandwagon status into either 'fantatical', or 'delusional' status :P

Lotta respect for Mario though.
  • Rygar wrote:
    That you've been on the bandwagon for 20 years!

I was being sarcastic, as 20 years obviously puts you above bandwagon status into either 'fantatical', or 'delusional' status :P

Lotta respect for Mario though.

I don't really see how it is fanatical or delusional. The thing is if you cheer for a team and don't jump on other teams bandwagons when your team is down you end up being a fan forever. I became a fan because of Mario and when he left I found I couldn't cheer for any other team. I have been a penguins fan through some terrible seasons but I think this year we have a pretty good shot.
  • The sig does say it all...

They will be Cup champs this year and will win at least 2 out of the next 4 cups.

Just you wait ;)
  • kenshuntkenshunt Posts: 2,863
    Yeah and the Leafs will win there first cup since 67, we can all dream right.
    London 2005
    Toronto 2011 night 2
    Hamilton 2011
    London 2013
  • The thing is, it's not dreaming or wishful thinking on our part. As much as I hate how they are the "trendy" pick this year, the fact is that the so-called "experts" ARE picking them to win it. They added a couple of seasoned Stanley Cup winners in Sykora and Sydor and that's really all they needed. Throw in the fact that Roberts will be there the whole year and that Fleury is a year older and I don't see any glaring weakness.
  • HawkshoreHawkshore Posts: 2,153
    Throw in the fact that Roberts will be there the whole year

Somebody get that old fart a walker! :)
    Van 92.07.21 / Van 98.07.19 / Sea 98.07.22 / Tor 98.08.22 / Sea 00.11.06 / Van 03.05.30/ Van 05.09.02/ Gorge 06.07.22 & 23 / EV Van 08.04.02 / Tor 09.08.21 / Sea 09.09.21 & 22 / Van 09.09.25 / Van 11.09.25 / Van 13.12.04 / Pem 16.07.17 / Sea 18.08.10
    Hawkshore wrote:
    Somebody get that old fart a walker! :)

He will miss half the season with a groin injury, but he will play hard for those 40+ games he gets in.
    London 2005
    Toronto 2011 night 2
    Hamilton 2011
    London 2013
    Ahh yeah, Pens fans.
    The Price is right.
  • Should be a good game tonight. Let's go penguins.
    Is that a cricket?
    Quiet in here. The 2008 champs looked awful disciplined last night, hahaha!
  • inmyrvminmyrvm Posts: 933
    we will not win a cup with fleury, let's be honest. it would be a bad move to resign him. and if the defense doesn't improve, we definetly won't win anything. and finally, what a screw job last night. i was there. wow. worst officiating in the history of sports!
    "Fuck the talkin' let's start rockin" - Eddie Vedder 9-5-00 Pittsburgh
    4/26/03 Pittsburgh 5/3/03 State College 7/12/03 Hershey 10/1/04 Reading 9/28/05 Pittsburgh 5/20/06 Cleveland 6/23/06 Pittsburgh 6/22/08 DC

friends don't let friends listen to good charlotte
    inmyrvm wrote:
    we will not win a cup with fleury, let's be honest. it would be a bad move to resign him. and if the defense doesn't improve, we definetly won't win anything. and finally, what a screw job last night. i was there. wow. worst officiating in the history of sports!

Finally, someone else who sees Fluery as overrated...

The officiating may have been bad but there was a significant lack of discipline from the Pens in the second period (didn't watch the third, but seeing as only one goal was scored I'll assume it was a little different).
    Rygar wrote:
    Finally, someone else who sees Fluery as overrated...

The officiating may have been bad but there was a significant lack of discipline from the Pens in the second period (didn't watch the third, but seeing as only one goal was scored I'll assume it was a little different).
    ya there was but the officiating really cost them the game. the too many men on the ice call when the goal was taken away? jersey had more on the ice than we did! they had 6 people on the ice before a face off and it was barely caught, no call. still wondering where crosby tripped someone when he was pretty much attacked in the 3rd. for once their lack of discipline wasn't what cost them the game, believe me. out of all those penalities there were only 2 that should have been called from what i saw. it's was atrocious! the game winning goal was on a play where someone from jersey pushed fleury INTO the net and then put the puck in. it was like the officials wanted to giftwrap the game and give it to the devils. they all should be fired.
    4/26/03 Pittsburgh 5/3/03 State College 7/12/03 Hershey 10/1/04 Reading 9/28/05 Pittsburgh 5/20/06 Cleveland 6/23/06 Pittsburgh 6/22/08 DC

inmyrvm wrote:
    ya there was but the officiating really cost them the game. the too many men on the ice call when the goal was taken away? jersey had more on the ice than we did! they had 6 people on the ice before a face off and it was barely caught, no call. still wondering where crosby tripped someone when he was pretty much attacked in the 3rd. for once their lack of discipline wasn't what cost them the game, believe me. out of all those penalities there were only 2 that should have been called from what i saw. it's was atrocious! the game winning goal was on a play where someone from jersey pushed fleury INTO the net and then put the puck in. it was like the officials wanted to giftwrap the game and give it to the devils. they all should be fired.

Three Pens pushed the guy from Jersey into the goal and Fluery (continually), and he isn't the one who put the puck in the net anyway. The ref was right behind the net watching. If not a goal for Jersey, the Pens should have got a penalty for that.

Two guys stayed on the ice to push around a NJ player when that disallowed goal was scored, no excuse. One eventually went off, but the other (Crosby, no less) stuck on the ice. I missed the tripping call on Crosby.

If Jersey had too many men on the ice earlier, it should have been called as well.
    Rygar wrote:
    Two guys stayed on the ice to push around a NJ player when that disallowed goal was scored, no excuse. One eventually went off, but the other (Crosby, no less) stuck on the ice. I missed the tripping call on Crosby.

If Jersey had too many men on the ice earlier, it should have been called as well.
    jersey had too many men at the same time, no call. it also seemed like the guy from jersey was actually stopping us from going on the bench too in all honesty. i thought roberts was the one that was stuck on the ice. i was on the other end of the arena so it was hard to tell what happened with that goal where fleury was literally in the net.

inmyrvm wrote:
    jersey had too many men at the same time, no call. it also seemed like the guy from jersey was actually stopping us from going on the bench too in all honesty. i thought roberts was the one that was stuck on the ice. i was on the other end of the arena so it was hard to tell what happened with that goal where fleury was literally in the net.

I think the refs overlooked the Jersey too many men call cause the 6th man was the one being hounded in front of the Pens bench (he definitely ran into the Pens players as they were leaving the ice but it was small enough of a bump to avoid an interference call, and he didn't obstruct beyond the initial bump according to the broadcast..just the bump to get them rowled) and the Pens took offense to it and stuck around.
    If they hadn't they would have avoided the call and maybe Jersey wouldn't
    have.
    Roberts may have been the second one on the ice, there was initially two players on the ice pushing the devil around.

edit - that goal with the giant crowd in the net - I was yelling at my tv cause it was showing the net cam at the time, and all you could see was the devil pushing down on Fluery, and I couldn't believe they allowed it...then we saw the replay a few times and it made a good bit more sense.
    Hello friends!

Twice I've visited this season to find only crickets...
    get rid of fleury. period.

• inmyrvm wrote:

Yeah... get rid of a 22 year old, consensus number one draft pick who is coming off a 40 win season after a few bad games.... :rolleyes:
    My whole life
    was like a picture
    of a sunny day
    “We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses.”
    ― Abraham Lincoln
    Yeah... get rid of a 22 year old, consensus number one draft pick who is coming off a 40 win season after a few bad games.... :rolleyes:

And a history of inconsistency the likes of which have never been seen since Jose Theodore took in a quality contract.

Fluery is so overrated...
  • Rygar wrote:
    And a history of inconsistency the likes of which have never been seen since Jose Theodore took in a quality contract.

Fluery is so overrated...

I disagree.... he is still very young, and has single handedly won some games last year for the Penguins. I don't think there is a goaltender with quicker legs in the game.

I'm willing to wait a couple more seasons before I call him overrated.
    My whole life
    was like a picture
    of a sunny day
    “We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses.”
    ― Abraham Lincoln
  • inmyrvm wrote:

Then what?
    I disagree.... he is still very young, and has single handedly won some games last year for the Penguins. I don't think there is a goaltender with quicker legs in the game.

I'm willing to wait a couple more seasons before I call him overrated.

Well he IS young, I'll give you that. I wouldn't get rid of him yet.
    He's also single handedly lost some games, hence the inconsistency.
    I've got questions about the firing therien, c'mon pathetic shootout choices.
    London 2005
    Toronto 2011 night 2
    Hamilton 2011
    London 2013
  • Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    from todays ny post
    No, the Penguins are not actively seeking a goaltender to supplant Marc-Andre Fleury, but if the kid doesn't close some of the holes in his game, expect GM Ray Shero to take a serious run at renting veteran Olaf Kolzig if the Caps are sellers at the Feb. 26 trade deadline.

:eek:
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • I hope they win tonight. It has been a little ugly the last couple of games.
    Rough start for the 07/08 Stanley Cup champs!
    Then what?
    fleury for bryzgalov. ive always questioned therrien, i'm starting to really question him now. defense? offense? goaltending? we have nothing right now. pathetic. ugh it's so frustrating to watch.

why not trade Sid the kid ? lmao
    London 2005
    Toronto 2011 night 2
    Hamilton 2011
    London 2013
    kenshunt wrote:
    why not trade Sid the kid ? lmao
    that's the dumbest post i've ever seen in these forums.