How 'bout them Penguins? How 'bout them Penguins!

Comments

• kenshuntkenshunt Posts: 2,863
    this thread has been dead since the Leafs last beat pit lol.
    London 2005
    Toronto 2011 night 2
    Hamilton 2011
    London 2013
  • kenshunt wrote:
    this thread has been dead since the Leafs last beat pit lol.

We are all just trying to prove it is not a fairweather thread. The problem is the weather has all been fair. 7 wins in a row! Not to shabby.
  • RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    We are all just trying to prove it is not a fairweather thread. The problem is the weather has all been fair. 7 wins in a row! Not to shabby.
    Not bad, but in reality four of those were Florida, Toronto and Buffalo ;)
  • inmyrvminmyrvm Posts: 933
    Rygar wrote:
    Not bad, but in reality four of those were Florida, Toronto and Buffalo ;)
    ya look at our atlantic record. i quit posting here because nothing but non fans post here.
    "Fuck the talkin' let's start rockin" - Eddie Vedder 9-5-00 Pittsburgh
    4/26/03 Pittsburgh 5/3/03 State College 7/12/03 Hershey 10/1/04 Reading 9/28/05 Pittsburgh 5/20/06 Cleveland 6/23/06 Pittsburgh 6/22/08 DC

friends don't let friends listen to good charlotte
    inmyrvm wrote:
    ya look at our atlantic record. i quit posting here because nothing but non fans post here.
    Who was talking about your record anyway?
  • smarcheesmarchee Posts: 14,539
    frickin Conklin, off the scrap heap, hot as hell
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2008 ~ Hartford, Mansfied I,
    2009 ~ Toronto, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010 ~ Cleveland, Buffalo
    2011 ~ Toronto I, Toronto II, Ottawa, Hamilton
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
  • smarchee wrote:
    frickin Conklin, off the scrap heap, hot as hell

I really do believe that Conklin can carry us through to the playoffs and beyond. Everyone expected them to make a deal when Fleury went down but this guy has been unreal. And he's been around a while so it's not like the other teams hadn't seen him and need to make adjustments or anything. Plus, it's always a good sign when your former teams can't beat you... lol
    I really do believe that Conklin can carry us through to the playoffs and beyond. Everyone expected them to make a deal when Fleury went down but this guy has been unreal. And he's been around a while so it's not like the other teams hadn't seen him and need to make adjustments or anything. Plus, it's always a good sign when your former teams can't beat you... lol
    I like seeing Conklin play well, because I don't particularly like the oft-overrated Fleury.
    Roberts is out with a broken leg (ouch!) but the boids are still on fire.
    Rygar wrote:
    I like seeing Conklin play well, because I don't particularly like the oft-overrated Fleury.
    Roberts is out with a broken leg (ouch!) but the boids are still on fire.
    TRADE FLEURY!!!!!!!!!!
    4/26/03 Pittsburgh 5/3/03 State College 7/12/03 Hershey 10/1/04 Reading 9/28/05 Pittsburgh 5/20/06 Cleveland 6/23/06 Pittsburgh 6/22/08 DC

inmyrvm wrote:
    TRADE FLEURY!!!!!!!!!!
    Agreed.
    No wait!
    You keep him! :D
    How many wins in a row for Conklin, i know he went to 5-0 against the Leafs a few games back
    London 2005
    Toronto 2011 night 2
    Hamilton 2011
    London 2013
  • kenshunt wrote:
    How many wins in a row for Conklin, i know he went to 5-0 against the Leafs a few games back

The team has 7 in a row, and I think Conks has all of them.
    My whole life
    was like a picture
    of a sunny day
    “We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses.”
    ― Abraham Lincoln
    The team has 7 in a row, and I think Conks has all of them.
    Somethin's gotta give ;)
    Maybe if Toronto starts winning (hehehe) you guys'll start losing.
  • Penguins' Sidney Crosby injures ankle while crashing into boards, leaves ice in pain

By ALAN ROBINSON, AP Sports Writer
    January 18, 2008

PITTSBURGH (AP) -- Pittsburgh Penguins star Sidney Crosby injured an ankle while crashing into the rear boards leg-first midway through the first period of Friday night's game against Tampa Bay, and will be sidelined for an indefinite period of time.

Crosby was favoring his right leg as he was helped off the ice, in visible pain, but the Penguins said only that he would be re-evaluated Saturday. The Penguins play at Montreal that night, but Crosby will be seen by team doctors in Pittsburgh.

The injury -- a high ankle sprain -- can sideline an athlete for a month or longer. Penguins goalie Marc-Andre Fleury sustained the same injury Dec. 6 and has yet to return, and it may be well into February before he comes back.

Such a sprain would be certain to cause Crosby to miss the NHL All-Star game Jan. 27 in Atlanta.

Crosby was carrying the puck in the Lightning end when Tampa Bay defenseman Paul Ranger rammed him with his stick, as Crosby was shooting from the right circle, and Crosby swiped at the puck again as he landed on the ice rear-end first. His momentum caused him to slam into the boards awkwardly with his right leg, his left leg raised, apparently unable to cushion himself as he normally would.

Crosby initially got to his feet and began to limp toward the Penguins bench, only to turn around and enter a doorway that leads to the tunnel to the Penguins locker room. He bent over after reaching the walkway and had to be helped to the dressing room.

Ranger was called for slashing on the play, but the Penguins did not score on the ensuing power play.

Crosby, the NHL's scoring champion and MVP at age 19 last season, had moved into a tie with Atlanta's Ilya Kovalchuk and Tampa Bay's Vincent Lecavalier with 63 points going into Friday night's games. Crosby had five goals and 15 assists in his previous 12 games.

:(

I guess it's a good thing they made a run when they did... hopefully they can stay afloat until Sid gets back. At least it looks like the Atlantic teams will beat up on each other pretty evenly so they shouldn't fall too far back.
    Penguins' Sidney Crosby injures ankle while crashing into boards, leaves ice in pain

January 18, 2008

PITTSBURGH (AP) -- Pittsburgh Penguins star Sidney Crosby injured an ankle while crashing into the rear boards leg-first midway through the first period of Friday night's game against Tampa Bay, and will be sidelined for an indefinite period of time.

Crosby was favoring his right leg as he was helped off the ice, in visible pain, but the Penguins said only that he would be re-evaluated Saturday. The Penguins play at Montreal that night, but Crosby will be seen by team doctors in Pittsburgh.

The injury -- a high ankle sprain -- can sideline an athlete for a month or longer. Penguins goalie Marc-Andre Fleury sustained the same injury Dec. 6 and has yet to return, and it may be well into February before he comes back.

Such a sprain would be certain to cause Crosby to miss the NHL All-Star game Jan. 27 in Atlanta.

Crosby was carrying the puck in the Lightning end when Tampa Bay defenseman Paul Ranger rammed him with his stick, as Crosby was shooting from the right circle, and Crosby swiped at the puck again as he landed on the ice rear-end first. His momentum caused him to slam into the boards awkwardly with his right leg, his left leg raised, apparently unable to cushion himself as he normally would.

Crosby initially got to his feet and began to limp toward the Penguins bench, only to turn around and enter a doorway that leads to the tunnel to the Penguins locker room. He bent over after reaching the walkway and had to be helped to the dressing room.

Ranger was called for slashing on the play, but the Penguins did not score on the ensuing power play.

Crosby, the NHL's scoring champion and MVP at age 19 last season, had moved into a tie with Atlanta's Ilya Kovalchuk and Tampa Bay's Vincent Lecavalier with 63 points going into Friday night's games. Crosby had five goals and 15 assists in his previous 12 games.

I guess it's a good thing they made a run when they did... hopefully they can stay afloat until Sid gets back. At least it looks like the Atlantic teams will beat up on each other pretty evenly so they shouldn't fall too far back.

Well I don't like seeing players hurt, but at least he did it at a good time (I'm a Habs fan). I still think it's going to be painful to watch tonight...
  • Penguins' Sidney Crosby injures ankle while crashing into boards, leaves ice in pain

January 18, 2008

Damn this sucks. It's Malkin's team now.

January 18, 2008

It is to bad that Crosby is injured but they still have a really good team. It will definately be a chance for Malkin to show his talent and become more of a leader. In the long run I think this could actually be a good thing for the team. To win the games they are going to need everybody to contribute. If Crosby can come back to a team that doesn't rely upon him so heavily I think they will have a better chance in the playoffs.
  • smarcheesmarchee Posts: 14,539
    LMAO @ cheesy commerical

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KOrvdvczpEA

:D:D:D
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2008 ~ Hartford, Mansfied I,
    2009 ~ Toronto, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010 ~ Cleveland, Buffalo
    2011 ~ Toronto I, Toronto II, Ottawa, Hamilton
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
  • Since all the other hockey threads seem to be bumped up figured I would bump this one as well. Playing pretty well even without Crosby. Hopefully we can smoke the Flyers tomorrow. The Rangers did it today so it shouldn't be that hard.
  • NY PJ1NY PJ1 Posts: 9,533
    Since all the other hockey threads seem to be bumped up figured I would bump this one as well. Playing pretty well even without Crosby. Hopefully we can smoke the Flyers tomorrow. The Rangers did it today so it shouldn't be that hard.

all fairweather pens fans here

were coming for em
  • NY PJ1 wrote:
    all fairweather pens fans here

were coming for em

I try to wait until the weather isn't fair but it just never seems to happen. It has been a good year.
  • You know, I was going to start a thread dedicated to Evgeni Malkin and his complete dominance of the sport since the best player in the league went down, but then I saw this had been bumped.

I hope this shuts everyone up who thought he was just cashing in playing on Crosby's line.

And as much as I'm a fan of Ovechkin, I think it's great that Malkin has just about caught him in the scoring race.

Oh, and we're now up three on the Flyers!

Go Pens!
  • A lonely Islander fan on this board (Metsy got Chris Simoned) making a comment here for a change. Hossa and Gill to the Pens, even if they were overpriced, I'm pretty sure they are both good fits this spring for your team.

The Penguins have had so good picks for so long now that it was obviously a matter of becoming a force in the playoffs now rather than later, so these trades make a lot of sense. Hossa is a great asset straight away and the Penguins have the luxury to try him with Malkin or Crosby and maybe all 3 in the PP, which sounds amazing. Even if he's gone this summer you don't fall on nothing like the Isles when Smyth left town. You can get a decent UFA who can shine next to Sidney or Evgeni most likely anyway.

Gill is much better than most give him credit for, if used correctly. Important in front of the net and during PK. With the guns and ammo over there he should be useful for sure during the playoffs as a stay at home player. An extremely nice guy also. He played in Finland during the lockout and was all around solid on and off the ice. Expensive acquisition sure, but how much more young talent can you handle anyway?? Certainly better player than Brooks Orpik...
    A lonely Islander fan on this board (Metsy got Chris Simoned) making a comment here for a change. Hossa and Gill to the Pens, even if they were overpriced, I'm pretty sure they are both good fits this spring for your team.

The Penguins have had so good picks for so long now that it was obviously a matter of becoming a force in the playoffs now rather than later, so these trades make a lot of sense. Hossa is a great asset straight away and the Penguins have the luxury to try him with Malkin or Crosby and maybe all 3 in the PP, which sounds amazing. Even if he's gone this summer you don't fall on nothing like the Isles when Smyth left town. You can get a decent UFA who can shine next to Sidney or Evgeni most likely anyway.

Gill is much better than most give him credit for, if used correctly. Important in front of the net and during PK. With the guns and ammo over there he should be useful for sure during the playoffs as a stay at home player. An extremely nice guy also. He played in Finland during the lockout and was all around solid on and off the ice. Expensive acquisition sure, but how much more young talent can you handle anyway?? Certainly better player than Brooks Orpik...
    gill will replace rob scuderi, not orpik. i would have rather not have gotten him and shipped a second with the hossa deal and gotten exelby instead of dubuis. i'm not sure if we got enough back from atlanta yet. i was ok with everyone we got rid of except esposito.

Well im happy u took gill for a 2nd and 5th hehe
    London 2005
    Toronto 2011 night 2
    Hamilton 2011
    London 2013
    kenshunt wrote:
    Well im happy u took gill for a 2nd and 5th hehe
    hahaha once again u r welcome

inmyrvm wrote:
    hahaha once again u r welcome
    Well at least the Malkin line won't be touched and Crosby can play with Hossa and Roberts when he returns.
    London 2005
    Toronto 2011 night 2
    Hamilton 2011
    London 2013
  • Hossa!!! Usually these trades are the other way around. It is a good time to be a penguins fan. Mario must be thinking, "defence, fuck defence we will win these games 8-5 just like the old days".
  • even flow?even flow? Posts: 8,066
    The trouble is that the Pens still don't have a real number one goalie.
    You've changed your place in this world!
    even flow? wrote:
    The trouble is that the Pens still don't have a real number one goalie.
    Conky has played well for them, but we all know what happened when Rolie went down for Edmonton and Conky had to play, so i guess we have to wait and see how he fairs in the playoffs.
    London 2005
    Toronto 2011 night 2
    Hamilton 2011
    London 2013