How 'bout them Penguins? How 'bout them Penguins!

Comments

• RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    That's funny, but seems to be true. I remember the Roberts deal last year with the no-trade clause... One of the first things he said when asked why he waived it for Pittsburgh, he said was "I got a phone call from Mario, and...." lol
    You think Mario can convince Hossa to take a 2-4 million paycut?
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    not this year.

sometimes the best move you make is not making any move at all.
    :rolleyes:

:D

Lets Go Rangers
    Amen to that!
    Go Habs Go!
  • chromiamchromiam Posts: 4,114
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    not this year.

sometimes the best move you make is not making any move at all.
    :rolleyes:

:D

Lets Go Rangers

Hahaha agreed... seems like a few teams took that advice this year. And as a Flyers fan I'm grateful.
    This is your notice that there is a problem with your signature. Please remove it.

Admin

Social awareness does not equal political activism!

5/23/2011- An utter embarrassment... ticketing failures too many to list.
  • inmyrvminmyrvm Posts: 933
    Rygar wrote:
    You think Mario can convince Hossa to take a 2-4 million paycut?
    yes. he has a mystic power that is unexplainable. he may not be from this world. the rangers needed help, didn't do enough i.m.o. not sure what happened to the flyers, and i'm ok with it. poor rygar, you guys are so screwed. i hope you guys get a new front office next year.
    "Fuck the talkin' let's start rockin" - Eddie Vedder 9-5-00 Pittsburgh
    4/26/03 Pittsburgh 5/3/03 State College 7/12/03 Hershey 10/1/04 Reading 9/28/05 Pittsburgh 5/20/06 Cleveland 6/23/06 Pittsburgh 6/22/08 DC

friends don't let friends listen to good charlotte
    inmyrvm wrote:
    yes. he has a mystic power that is unexplainable. he may not be from this world. the rangers needed help, didn't do enough i.m.o. not sure what happened to the flyers, and i'm ok with it. poor rygar, you guys are so screwed. i hope you guys get a new front office next year.
    Why do we need a new front office? Cause we didn't get Hossa???

That was a serious question - Hossa won't be taking a giant paycut just because it's Mario. I'm sure he'd bend a little pending this season's outcome, though.
    inmyrvm wrote:

the Flyers decided that Jeff Carter and a first round pick or 2 early round picks aren't worth it for a possible rental player (Campbell, Hossa)... hell even the asking price for Fedetenko was too high. I'm happy with what the Flyers did and didn't do.
    This is your notice that there is a problem with your signature. Please remove it.

Admin

• Rygar wrote:
    That was a serious question - Hossa won't be taking a giant paycut just because it's Mario. I'm sure he'd bend a little pending this season's outcome, though.

The only reason he wanted out of Atlanta was because he knew they weren't going to be contending for quite some time. They offered him a fairly large contract that, had all he cared about was the money, he would have taken. Most European-born players will take winning over money when it comes down to it, it will just be interesting to see what they are willing to offer.

I do think they will try to sign him as soon as possible though and not wait until the off-season.
    The only reason he wanted out of Atlanta was because he knew they weren't going to be contending for quite some time. They offered him a fairly large contract that, had all he cared about was the money, he would have taken. Most European-born players will take winning over money when it comes down to it, it will just be interesting to see what they are willing to offer.

I do think they will try to sign him as soon as possible though and not wait until the off-season.
    I'm not saying they won't try to sign him, but he is going to have a high price tag, European or otherwise. If you win the cup I'm sure he'd be more open to a salary cut, but time will tell.

As far as Atlanta offering him a contract, why would he care for the price when he knows he can get the same elsewhere with a better chance of winning?

Let the season play through then we'll see what he's offered and what he does.
    chromiam wrote:
    the Flyers decided that Jeff Carter and a first round pick or 2 early round picks aren't worth it for a possible rental player (Campbell, Hossa)... hell even the asking price for Fedetenko was too high. I'm happy with what the Flyers did and didn't do.
    Atlanta wanted Higgins, Sergei Kostitsyn and Tomas Plekanec from Montreal (all of whom are active regulars) and a prospect or draft for Hossa. I'd want a new head office if they had gotten it.

bingo again. we really didn't give up all that much. a late first rounder, 2 role players (one who is tough as nails but pretty much a first round bust, the other inconsistently shows flashes of potential) and a prospect who from what i hear their stock is falling very fast. if this team gets far enough this year, they will see the potential and want to stay together. as a hockey town, atlanta sucks. pittsburgh is one of the top hockey cities in the league. rygar, i meant since all they did was get rid of huet. you guys are making a run now, and i'm not saying price is bad because he's not but it's a high risk going with him right now since he's been struggling. i honestly felt bad for canadians fans when that deal went through. i'm surprised philly didn't try to get chris simon though. i really am.
    4/26/03 Pittsburgh 5/3/03 State College 7/12/03 Hershey 10/1/04 Reading 9/28/05 Pittsburgh 5/20/06 Cleveland 6/23/06 Pittsburgh 6/22/08 DC

inmyrvm wrote:
    bingo again. we really didn't give up all that much. a late first rounder, 2 role players (one who is tough as nails but pretty much a first round bust, the other inconsistently shows flashes of potential) and a prospect who from what i hear their stock is falling very fast. if this team gets far enough this year, they will see the potential and want to stay together. as a hockey town, atlanta sucks. pittsburgh is one of the top hockey cities in the league. rygar, i meant since all they did was get rid of huet. you guys are making a run now, and i'm not saying price is bad because he's not but it's a high risk going with him right now since he's been struggling. i honestly felt bad for canadians fans when that deal went through. i'm surprised philly didn't try to get chris simon though. i really am.
    The huet deal caught me completely off guard, but the explanation was sound. Can Halak/Price do as well as Huet/Price? Dunno, but Gainey thinks so. Can't really say much more than that. I will agree with you though, he needs to be more consistent, but Huet was more or less the same way.

The risk of what Pittsburgh gave up was the end of the road - if they don't win and Hossa leafs, then they got rid of four pieces for nothing. That is still a hypothetical so it really shouldn't be worried about till everything is said and done.
    inmyrvm wrote:
    i'm surprised philly didn't try to get chris simon though. i really am.

Please tell me what Chris Simon brings to a team.... specifically the Flyers??

Admin

Rygar wrote:
    Atlanta wanted Higgins, Sergei Kostitsyn and Tomas Plekanec from Montreal (all of whom are active regulars) and a prospect or draft for Hossa. I'd want a new head office if they had gotten it.

I agree... if the Flyers had traded Carter away along with first round picks for Hossa I would have been very disappointed... especially given Hossa playoff numbers.

Admin

chromiam wrote:
    Please tell me what Chris Simon brings to a team.... specifically the Flyers??
    he's a goon, he'd fit in well in the organization

this has gone well. and hossa is out for a week now. fuckin super.

inmyrvm wrote:
    this has gone well. and hossa is out for a week now. fuckin super.
    Definitively a week?
    That could have been A LOT worse.
  • smarcheesmarchee Posts: 14,539
    what happened to Hossa ?
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2008 ~ Hartford, Mansfied I,
    2009 ~ Toronto, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010 ~ Cleveland, Buffalo
    2011 ~ Toronto I, Toronto II, Ottawa, Hamilton
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
    smarchee wrote:
    what happened to Hossa ?
    Knee on knee with Murray.
    Didn't look tooooo bad, and he went off under his own power. Grade 1 MCL strain.
  • kenshuntkenshunt Posts: 2,863
    Hal Gill -3 hehe, i felt bad about Hossa, but teams take gambles at the deadline.
    London 2005
    Toronto 2011 night 2
    Hamilton 2011
    London 2013
    kenshunt wrote:
    Hal Gill -3 hehe, i felt bad about Hossa, but teams take gambles at the deadline.
    He's probably only out for a week, so they'll still have time to get used to each other (unless he pulls a Forsberg and completely screws the chemistry of the team ;))
    Rygar wrote:
    He's probably only out for a week, so they'll still have time to get used to each other (unless he pulls a Forsberg and completely screws the chemistry of the team ;))
    I know but i also heard from Bob McKenzie after the game that sometimes its hard to judge knee injuries, so we shall wait and see.
    London 2005
    Toronto 2011 night 2
    Hamilton 2011
    London 2013
    kenshunt wrote:
    I know but i also heard from Bob McKenzie after the game that sometimes its hard to judge knee injuries, so we shall wait and see.
    That's why I said 'probably'. BM was saying there's potential for a few weeks. He's being re-evaluated today I believe.
    Rygar wrote:
    That's why I said 'probably'. BM was saying there's potential for a few weeks. He's being re-evaluated today I believe.
    I sat and watched a lack of passion from the penguins, i was bored after the hossa injury, i guess the ruutu fight was the only thing that showed any passion and he got his ass kicked lol.
    London 2005
    Toronto 2011 night 2
    Hamilton 2011
    London 2013
    kenshunt wrote:
    I sat and watched a lack of passion from the penguins, i was bored after the hossa injury, i guess the ruutu fight was the only thing that showed any passion and he got his ass kicked lol.
    The Boo-urns had 100% control of the game.
    Lucic was dead tired and still won the fight.
    Rygar wrote:
    I did like watching Gill struggle out there, can't believe we got a second and a fifth for him, go work fletch, i also heard he almost sent Kubina to the Sharks untill Kubina changed his mind, i wonder if Bernier was in the package hmm.
    London 2005
    Toronto 2011 night 2
    Hamilton 2011
    London 2013
    those lines were stupid last night. thierrien is an idiot. should've been gonch-orpik (it was), letang-sydor, gill-whitney. the first line should not have been broken up. hossa-staal-talbot and dupuis on the 3rd. i have never liked our coach. and fleury came back into the lineup. at least i won a shot of jack from that moron.

Psst you guys should have traded for Brad Richards 5 assists last night, so who's the guy you'd rather have Rygar lol.
    London 2005
    Toronto 2011 night 2
    Hamilton 2011
    London 2013
    kenshunt wrote:
    Psst you guys should have traded for Brad Richards 5 assists last night, so who's the guy you'd rather have Rygar lol.
    hehe, good one
    Like I said before the deadline I'm glad my team is intact (cept for poor Huet...Cristobal looked into his Crystal Ball and....didn't see that trade comin'...any NHL 07 fans? eh eh? sigh).
  • Rygar wrote:

He was dead tired from running away from Laraque all night. He gets no props from me.
    He was dead tired from running away from Laraque all night. He gets no props from me.
    Ruutu picked the fight with him, not the other way around.
    Laraque couldn't have had too much energy left from running away from Chara all night.
    Here's a tissue.