How 'bout them Penguins? How 'bout them Penguins!

Comments

• kenshuntkenshunt Posts: 2,863
    boy, all those smack talking rangers fans are quiet for once. I'll bump this up for them. good luck with the devils. HA!
    um, good luck with the devils, um it's the islanders playing the devils today.
    London 2005
    Toronto 2011 night 2
    Hamilton 2011
    London 2013
  • Boston is a bunch of BUMS.
    Well, at least we're in the playoffs!
    This round is going to at least 6, maybe 7.
    Should be good.

Atlanta-New York should be good.
    I'll give the edge to Atlanta though.
    puts his faith in love and, tremor christ.

"I bowl. Drive around. The occasional acid flashback."
  • kenshunt wrote:
    um, good luck with the devils, um it's the islanders playing the devils today.

um, i was talking about um, the playoffs of um, which i was wrong because i listened to the penguins um, announcer who, was wrong, um, much like myself.
  • I say penguins win in 6 against the Senators. This year Ottawa will be knocked out of the playoffs a little earlier than usual.
  • NY PJ1NY PJ1 Posts: 9,533
    boy, all those smack talking rangers fans are quiet for once. I'll bump this up for them. good luck with the devils. HA!

we play atlanta dude
  • NY PJ1 wrote:
    we play atlanta dude

yeah, i found that out too late. my bad. you should win that one pretty easily.
  • NY PJ1 wrote:
    we play atlanta dude

You will most likely be playing buffalo after that so GOOD LUCK.

if you beat atlanta.

Lets go penguins.
    You will most likely be playing buffalo after that so GOOD LUCK.

if you beat atlanta.

Lets go penguins.

the lightning def. have a chance against the devils so dont get ahead of urself

p.s. we need to win b4 this even matters
    I hope the Penguins sweep the Senators, heres to Gary Roberts running all over the Senators like he use to do for the Leafs, i bet the people in Ottawa wished they got Roberts at the deadline.
    London 2005
    Toronto 2011 night 2
    Hamilton 2011
    London 2013
    DAMMMMMM no love for game 1 tonight :confused:

figures
  • Bdog10Bdog10 Posts: 471
    Five in a row BABY!
    Fuck the Rangers!
    Crosby: 82 in 47.
    WOOOOO.

Yep...Really looking good tonight eh...
    "I want to go...but I don't want to go alone...With you I could never feel alone..."

Randall's Island 96 and haven't stopped since...
  • Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813

kinda quiet in here tonight too , huh ?
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • Bathgate66 wrote:
    kinda quiet in here tonight too , huh ?

damn, the game just ended. you guys didnt show for days.
    onto the game, that was sad. you just have to hope they got the playoff jitters out of the way. and hit a senator. they knocked the pens over about 15 times, i cant remember any sens getting run until the end when it got rough.
    I still think the pens can win this, they just have to come out with an edge on saturday.
  • They definitely showed their age tonight but I still have faith. I expected a split of the first two so here's hopoing they can come back strong on Saturday.

Therrien needs to have Fleury on a VERY short leash. I say if they're down by two or more goals after the first period then give 'em the hook.
  • even flow?even flow? Posts: 8,066
    Game 1: :eek:
    You've changed your place in this world!
  • blackredyellowblackredyellow Posts: 5,889
    This team needed a wakeup call, and they definitely got it. I've seen a lot teams tank game one (including some of the past Penguin teams) and come back to win the series. Hopefully they can respond in game two. It's not a must win, but definitely a must show up game. If they get ran around again, then they are in trouble.
    My whole life
    was like a picture
    of a sunny day
    “We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses.”
    ― Abraham Lincoln
    bump
    London 2005
    Toronto 2011 night 2
    Hamilton 2011
    London 2013
  • OdinOdin Posts: 599
    Gary Roberts is my least-favourite NHL player and has been since his days with the Make Beliefs. The fans at Scotiabank Place should have booed him instead of Crosby.

Fleury made some huge late-game saves at the end of today's game. A liability at the start of game one, he has turned into a major asset for the Pens in this series.

I hope tomorrow's game is as exciting as today's. Anyone else going?
  • That game made me feel like i was developing an ulcer. But it was all good in the end. What a beautiful goal by Crosby. Looking forward to tomorrows game.
  • It looks like they got over the game one jitters and are back on track. Great contributions all the way around, but they REALLY need to stay out of the penalty box. As deadly as the Pens can be with the extra man, the Sens are pretty good themselves and we can't give them all those opportunities.

Stupid schedule with back-to-back games in both cities, but the Igloo will be pumped and I fully expect the Pens to go up 2-1.
  • kdpjamkdpjam Posts: 2,303
    i'll root for the penguins... sure! ;]
    lay down all thoughts; surrender to the void
    ~it is shining it is shining~
    Odin wrote:
    Gary Roberts is my least-favourite NHL player and has been since his days with the Make Beliefs. The fans at Scotiabank Place should have booed him instead of Crosby.

Fleury made some huge late-game saves at the end of today's game. A liability at the start of game one, he has turned into a major asset for the Pens in this series.

I hope tomorrow's game is as exciting as today's. Anyone else going?
    Gary Roberts was one of the big reasons the Pens won, but if you don't like him that's your choice.
    London 2005
    Toronto 2011 night 2
    Hamilton 2011
    London 2013
  • Gallant88Gallant88 Posts: 58
    sens are takin' er boys.. don't even worry about it. Fleury saves the day..
    September 22, 2005 - Halifax.. ahhh
  • kenshunt wrote:
    Gary Roberts was one of the big reasons the Pens won, but if you don't like him that's your choice.

Gary Roberts is a beast! what a great move getting him. Looking forward to more big hits from the old guy. and the fact that the senators really wanted him, didn't get him,and now he's torturing them yet again makes me smile.
    that said its still 1-1 and every game is different. taking 2 at home would sure be sweet.
  • Gary Roberts is a beast! what a great move getting him. Looking forward to more big hits from the old guy. and the fact that the senators really wanted him, didn't get him,and now he's torturing them yet again makes me smile.
    that said its still 1-1 and every game is different. taking 2 at home would sure be sweet.

That one hit by Roberts behind the net that opened the play for Staal was the best. He is always making chances through strategic hits, going into corners and crashing the net. He definately helps are chances.

Let's go penguins.

Hopefully we win today.
    i bet the pens today again after a nice bet on them yesterday
  • NY PJ1 wrote:
    i bet the pens today again after a nice bet on them yesterday

Smart bet!
    I bet those kids on the Pens will be fired up and i think they will be all over the Sens tonight.
    London 2005
    Toronto 2011 night 2
    Hamilton 2011
    London 2013
  • kenshunt wrote:
    I bet those kids on the Pens will be fired up and i think they will be all over the Sens tonight.

Another smart bet!
  • man, the pens are straight getting outplayed in all areas tonight.
    Cheat the odds that made you
    Brave to try to gamble at times