How 'bout them Penguins? How 'bout them Penguins!

Comments

• Alright Pens, here we go, 1-0 at the first intermission.
    Lets beat these fuckers and give the leafs and canadians a hand.

Lets go Pens!
    puts his faith in love and, tremor christ.

"I bowl. Drive around. The occasional acid flashback."
  • Ten DudeTen Dude Posts: 50
    Being a huge Pens fan, I still root for Jagr. If someone was going to win the game for the Rangers, I'm glad it was Jagr.

Why do you think he's such a tool? I have the utmost respect for him and he was the reason the Rangers had such a great season last year. Remember how far they got in the playoffs without him? Even if he can barely walk or hold his stick he'll be on the ice trying to win.

Pittsburgh couldn't afford to keep him and he was worth what he was asking based on other salaries around the league and the numbers he was putting up.

First off, fuck the Rangers. Second, how in the world could you root for a player who plays for a divisional opponent?

To me, it's about the team. You play for the emblem that is on the front of the sweater, not the name on the back.

As much as I revered Lindros, I never rooted for him when he played for the Rags. He was no longer a Philadelphia Flyer.

Ya feel me?
  • RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    And I'm mad at the birds for losing to the Isles when they can beat everyone else, as it's important for my Habs' standings :P
    Arsewipes!
  • blackngoldblackngold Posts: 264
    Take that Crapitals. How about 80% of your home arena being black and gold. i think kolzig was embarrassed about that.
    i'll be the first to admit that i have a man crush on Sid. 98 points...tied with NJ and Ottawa.
  • NY PJ1NY PJ1 Posts: 9,533
    another fair weather thread
  • RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    NY PJ1 wrote:
    another fair weather thread

Another spam posting.
    Rygar wrote:
    Another spam posting.

i dont eat spam
    Lets Go Pens. getting the 2 seed would be nice and having the rangers get the 7 seed. then the pens can whoop their asses in the playoffs.
    blackngold wrote:
    Lets Go Pens. getting the 2 seed would be nice and having the rangers get the 7 seed. then the pens can whoop their asses in the playoffs.

o please please bring it
  • it will be brung
  • blackredyellowblackredyellow Posts: 5,889
    Being a huge Pens fan, I still root for Jagr. If someone was going to win the game for the Rangers, I'm glad it was Jagr.

Why do you think he's such a tool? I have the utmost respect for him and he was the reason the Rangers had such a great season last year. Remember how far they got in the playoffs without him? Even if he can barely walk or hold his stick he'll be on the ice trying to win.

Pittsburgh couldn't afford to keep him and he was worth what he was asking based on other salaries around the league and the numbers he was putting up.

I agree... after the guts he showed against New Jersey in the '99 (I think) playoffs, I won't doubt his dedication. In the clutch and grab days of the league, he got abused every night, and instead of going do to get a call, he fought through everything.

I'm person he can come off as an arrogant prick, but he definitely gave a lot to the team when he was in Pittsburgh.
    My whole life
    was like a picture
    of a sunny day
    “We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses.”
    ― Abraham Lincoln
  • Let's go penguins. 3-2 lead going into the third against Boston. If we win we are finally ahead of those devils for at least a day. Really getting excited about the playoffs. I hope they play against the rangers in the first round. Then let the war of the threads begin.
    Let's go penguins. 3-2 lead going into the third against Boston. If we win we are finally ahead of those devils for at least a day. Really getting excited about the playoffs. I hope they play against the rangers in the first round. Then let the war of the threads begin.

Good win in a game that they should have won. It will be nice to see them in second place in the standings tomorrow... Unfortuntely, with NJ's weak schedule for the last 5 games, I don't see the Penguins holding onto 2nd place though.

Oh well, this team has 100 points... far above what anyone would have predicted at the start of the season.
    My whole life
    was like a picture
    of a sunny day
    “We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses.”
    ― Abraham Lincoln
    100 pts and in first place with 4 games remaining...who wouldve thought that?
    Amazing.
    so its Tor, Buf, Ott, and NYR left on the schedule. pretty tough to close out but i have faith that we can get 2 regular time wins and an overtime/shootout win.
  • Forget Jersey, let's catch Buffalo! :D

Seriously, it's gonna be tough to pull off the Atlantic when you compare the Pens and Devils remaining schedule, but I have faith they can pull off the impossible!
  • kenshuntkenshunt Posts: 2,863
    So as a Leafs fan, i was wondering how is Gary Roberts, is he gonna be ok to play tommorrow, i know the game tommorrow will be tough, but here im beleafing the Leafs will win, but i thought the Leafs were gonna beat the thrashers last night.
    London 2005
    Toronto 2011 night 2
    Hamilton 2011
    London 2013
    kenshunt wrote:
    So as a Leafs fan, i was wondering how is Gary Roberts, is he gonna be ok to play tommorrow, i know the game tommorrow will be tough, but here im beleafing the Leafs will win, but i thought the Leafs were gonna beat the thrashers last night.

According to the news reports, he skated a little during the morning skate yesterday, and Michel Therrien said it's a good possibility that he'll play tomorrow.
    My whole life
    was like a picture
    of a sunny day
    ― Abraham Lincoln
  • oh man, what an exciting game.
    What a heartbreaker,
    I was watching the gaame, and they were down 4-1 and so i thought to myself, i need my jersey! so i went and put on my jersey, and we got 3 straight, but then i had to take off my jersey and go to work, and we lost in OT :(
    So everyone... Bust out the Penguins jerseys every game day from now till the day we win the cup!
    puts his faith in love and, tremor christ.

"I bowl. Drive around. The occasional acid flashback."
  • Yeah... we stole a point tonight with that comeback. I'm still impressed with them game after game. Again, being on the road facing a team fighting for their lives and to get a point and almost the win is huge and says a lot about their character.

I'm still hoping they can manage that two seed... I'd rather not face the Sens in the first round even though I really do have faith they can beat anyone right now.
  • Yeah... we stole a point tonight with that comeback. I'm still impressed with them game after game. Again, being on the road facing a team fighting for their lives and to get a point and almost the win is huge and says a lot about their character.

I'm still hoping they can manage that two seed... I'd rather not face the Sens in the first round even though I really do have faith they can beat anyone right now.

I agree with you 100%.
    thanx for losing in O.T bums
  • I can't believe how many baseball threads there are. I even like the rangers more than baseball. Anyway.

Lets go Penguins.
  • Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    I even like the rangers more than baseball.

the original sports team / fan thread on the pit .

:p
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • StellyStelly Posts: 170
    Going to the SABRES game tonight. ;)

Hopefully they can wrap up the Division AND Conference with a win.
    8/22/98 - Toronto
    8/26/98 - Cleveland
    10/7/00 - Detroit
    4/25/03 - Cleveland
    6/23/06 - Pittsburgh
    Stelly wrote:
    Going to the SABRES game tonight. ;)

Hopefully they can wrap up the Division AND Conference with a win.

unfortunately ,, the math doesn't add up so this cant happen
    NY PJ1 wrote:
    unfortunately ,, the math doesn't add up so this cant happen

Sure it does. A win by the Sabres would give them 109 points. that would be 7 points ahead of Ottawa (Division lead) and New Jersey (Conference lead). With both of those teams only having 3 games left, and the ability to earn 6 points, it would be a lock for Buffalo. Ottawa and NJ play each other tonight, whoever wins would have 104 points, with 2 games to play, a max of 108 for the season.

A Sabres win locks the Division and Conference.
    8/22/98 - Toronto
    8/26/98 - Cleveland
    10/7/00 - Detroit
    4/25/03 - Cleveland
    6/23/06 - Pittsburgh
    Stelly wrote:
    Sure it does. A win by the Sabres would give them 109 points. that would be 7 points ahead of Ottawa (Division lead) and New Jersey (Conference lead). With both of those teams only having 3 games left, and the ability to earn 6 points, it would be a lock for Buffalo. Ottawa and NJ play each other tonight, whoever wins would have 104 points, with 2 games to play, a max of 108 for the season.

A Sabres win locks the Division and Conference.

wow thats funny i thought u were a pens fan and talking about them lol

my bad ,, and yes u r correct
    NY PJ1 wrote:
    wow thats funny i thought u were a pens fan and talking about them lol

my bad ,, and yes u r correct

Just a Sabres fan living in Pittsburgh. That's why I reffered to it as the "Sabres game" and not the "Pens game."
    8/22/98 - Toronto
    8/26/98 - Cleveland
    10/7/00 - Detroit
    4/25/03 - Cleveland
    6/23/06 - Pittsburgh
  • Let's go penguins. (and bruins only for tonight)
  • boy, all those smack talking rangers fans are quiet for once. I'll bump this up for them. good luck with the devils. HA!