How 'bout them Penguins? How 'bout them Penguins!

Comments

• ForestBrainForestBrain Posts: 460
    How 'bout them Penguins? How 'bout them Penguins!

I couldn't resist. :P
    When life gives you lemons, throw them at somebody.
  • kenshunt wrote:
    Why is Pittsburgh not playing the legend gary roberts tonight ?

You'll be happy to know that roberts will be taking laraque's spot in the lineup tonight.
  • rebornFixerrebornFixer Posts: 4,901
    I am super-stressed about a job interview coming up, but I can manage the anxiety by watching the video clip of Fleury eating the ice and laughing my butt off ...
    :)

Take it easy there, big fella ... I'm guessing he'll stick to just stepping onto the ice tonight ...
  • I am super-stressed about a job interview coming up, but I can manage the anxiety by watching the video clip of Fleury eating the ice and laughing my butt off ...
    :)

Take it easy there, big fella ... I'm guessing he'll stick to just stepping onto the ice tonight ...

I doubt it, Fleury and Talbot do this little ritual before every game where they kind of wrestle and hit each other in the helmet to get fired up. It's worked up until game 1. Maybe mad max hit him a little too hard...
  • kenshuntkenshunt Posts: 2,863
    You'll be happy to know that roberts will be taking laraque's spot in the lineup tonight.
    Well id rather see Ruutu out over George, but am happy Gary is playing
    London 2005
    Toronto 2011 night 2
    Hamilton 2011
    London 2013
  • righteousbaberighteousbabe Posts: 662
    kenshunt wrote:
    Well id rather see Ruutu out over George, but am happy Gary is playing

No way, Ruutu is the secret weapon.
    No way, Ruutu is the secret weapon.
    What's his secret, there's no shoot-outs
    London 2005
    Toronto 2011 night 2
    Hamilton 2011
    London 2013
  • TowsertunesTowsertunes Posts: 187
    Johan Franzen back in the line up for game 2.
    Watch out Pens,Wings just got even better.
    "they don't give a shit Keith Moon is dead,
    is that exactly what I thought I read?"

How I choose to feel,...Is how I am.
  • Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    How does it feel to be behind in a series in 08 ?
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    How does it feel to be behind in a series in 08 ?

Not good. Maybe you can talk me through it. Malkin has looked a lot like Jagr.

Come on, Let's go Penguins.
  • rebornFixerrebornFixer Posts: 4,901
    I remember some editorial about the Wings lack of depth scoring maybe hurting them against the Pens ...

Well, that's goals for Samuelson (2), Stuart, Filpula, and Cleary, for a total of five.
    The Zetterberg line has two goals.

I suppose one has to resort to speculation when trying to finding weaknesses in the Wings.
    The penguins have not lost at home yet these playoffs.
  • The penguins have not lost at home yet these playoffs.

I really don't think home ice is going to matter. I mean they have done NOTHING so far to have me excited about playing at home. I'll just take a goal at this point.
  • kristophedkristophed Posts: 73
    Hal Gill was shit on the leafs, and he's shit on the Penguins. Can't stand that he's on the team. He's probably a -4 or -5 this series.

Also I heard Malkin was complaining before game 2 that he was tired and wasn't sure if he wanted to be on the powerplay. WTF your in the Stanley Cup finals, wake the fuck up. Trade him for a big name in '09 he's got a ton of skill but no heart.

Sorry just pissed after watching the last two games.
  • kristophed wrote:
    Hal Gill was shit on the leafs, and he's shit on the Penguins. Can't stand that he's on the team. He's probably a -4 or -5 this series.

Also I heard Malkin was complaining before game 2 that he was tired and wasn't sure if he wanted to be on the powerplay. WTF your in the Stanley Cup finals, wake the fuck up. Trade him for a big name in '09 he's got a ton of skill but no heart.

Sorry just pissed after watching the last two games.

Can't disagree more with these statements. Hall Gill has been great for the Pens since the trade. He hasn't played well in this series but neither has anyone else.
    And are you nuts about trading Malkin?? I'm a little concerned about how he seems to wear down a little too easily, But you just don't trade one of the best players in the game who is only 21 years old.
  • RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    Can't disagree more with these statements. Hall Gill has been great for the Pens since the trade. He hasn't played well in this series but neither has anyone else.
    And are you nuts about trading Malkin?? I'm a little concerned about how he seems to wear down a little too easily, But you just don't trade one of the best players in the game who is only 21 years old.
    He's not nuts, but he's not serious either. Common reaction to seeing your players seem to give up.
    Rygar wrote:
    Theoretically the games should be pretty high scoring.
    Despite the fact that Pittsburgh's opponents to-date have been lackluster most of the time (expected a lot out of the Rags, didn't happen), I think their chances are pretty good.
    This should be obvious by now, despite the fact that your level of play has severely plummeted compared to the first three rounds, Detroit is still playing an extremely good (and disciplined) game.

That said, still a series to play. Anything can happen.
  • Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876
    So much for those "Classy" Penguins

Roberts nice punch to the side of the head of a guy coming back from a concussion

Sykora taking a cheap shot at Osgood

Was it Orpik or one of the defenseman hitting Franzen after the whistle again in the head

Malone taking out Zetterberg after the whistle

Now your coach is whining

This from an espn.com article:

"It's really tough to generate offense against that team," Therrien said. "They're good on obstruction. It's going to be tough to generate any type of offense if the rules remain the same. So, it's the first time we're facing a team [where] the obstruction is there and we're having a hard time skating to take away ice."
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
  • smithnicsmithnic Posts: 1,563
    sounds of desperation
    Go Get 'Em Tigers!
    smithnic wrote:
    sounds of desperation

Exactly !

Ice Chickens aren't getting the calls they got all year

Malkin looks lost......Crysby is the only one with energy not like that's enough though

• Well, all we can hope for is that Detroit's trend of losing a few after winning a few continues.

Not that we should have to rely on them to lose, but the Penguins can't seem to get anything going at all. If they hold serve at home then it sets up a very interesting game five in Detroit.

I do feel that if they can put up some goals in game three and get the win then they will get that momentum and confidence back real quick.
    Not good. Maybe you can talk me through it. Malkin has looked a lot like Jagr.

Come on, Let's go Penguins.

haha

touche' .

if you guys dont grab 1of these next 2 at The Igloo-

you may need my talking thru it,....
    platessmall.jpg
  • TowsertunesTowsertunes Posts: 187
    Therrien whining-what a joke.
    If you want to control the play you have to get the puck.
    The Wings are dominating the face-off circle ,not to
    mention almost every other aspect of the game.
    The great thing about the Wings is that their best players also
    penalty kill and play defense.
    Why was Crosby on the bench when it was a 4 on 4?
    Use the kid for cripes sake.
    Crosby has to get more ice time.
    Malkin is tired and if he plays the same on Wed,Pens are finished.

Go Wings.
    "they don't give a shit Keith Moon is dead,
    is that exactly what I thought I read?"

How I choose to feel,...Is how I am.
    Come on someone score please, so i can stay entertained, i don't want to watch a sweep with 4 shut-outs lol.
    London 2005
    Toronto 2011 night 2
    Hamilton 2011
    London 2013
  • Therrien whining-what a joke.
    If you want to control the play you have to get the puck.
    The Wings are dominating the face-off circle ,not to
    mention almost every other aspect of the game.
    The great thing about the Wings is that their best players also
    penalty kill and play defense.
    Why was Crosby on the bench when it was a 4 on 4?
    Use the kid for cripes sake.
    Crosby has to get more ice time.
    Malkin is tired and if he plays the same on Wed,Pens are finished.

Go Wings.

I'm not a big fan of this myself. Maybe he can find a way for the pens to generate some offense instead of crying. It just makes the pens look worse than they are playing. If they lay another egg on wed. you can place the blame directly on therrien.
  • So much for those "Classy" Penguins

Roberts nice punch to the side of the head of a guy coming back from a concussion

Sykora taking a cheap shot at Osgood

Was it Orpik or one of the defenseman hitting Franzen after the whistle again in the head

Malone taking out Zetterberg after the whistle

Now your coach is whining

This from an espn.com article:

"It's really tough to generate offense against that team," Therrien said. "They're good on obstruction. It's going to be tough to generate any type of offense if the rules remain the same. So, it's the first time we're facing a team [where] the obstruction is there and we're having a hard time skating to take away ice."

So we're playing like the flyers. Now i know why we suck, thanks for pointing that out.
  • RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    So we're playing like the flyers. Now i know why we suck, thanks for pointing that out.
    bahahaha!
  • CreedDiseaseCreedDisease Posts: 241
    oops

Actually you're playing worse....Flyers were not shut out in back-to-back games in the playoffs..you're playing like the heartless team that you are...with players like Malkin who are too "tired' and Crysby who has bitch fests with the linesmen and ref every TV timeout

Your high and mighty Penguins are thugs

See you on the golf course

this is from theBulletin

If the Shoe Fits: So how funny is it that the Pittsburgh Penguins are suddenly whining about the officiating in the Stanley Cup Final, which they trail 2-0 after consecutive shutouts in Detroit? Even funnier is that they're whining about diving -- especially about Johan Franzen, in his first game back after a concussion, diving after taking a glove to the jaw from Gary Roberts. But the funniest of all are the Pens' fan who mocked fans of the Rangers and Flyers for complaining about the officiating in prior series.

We're not going to post a link to their site, but after their holier-than-thou attitude while things were going well for their team, they now have a poorly photoshopped image of Chris Osgood and (I think) Franzen accepting Oscars right up at the top of their whineblog, as well as several other photos and video clips of alleged dives -- they even have a clip that shows several angles of Roberts punching Franzen along with their complaint that Franzen dove! "What really stings about the loss is Osgood's lack of sportsmanship," they write. "His two blatant dives were embarrassing." Maybe so -- I wouldn't put it past Osgood to dive. But that is hardly as embarrassing as the hypocritical whining of fans who already established their stance against complaints about the officiating back when it was all going their way.
    platessmall.jpg
    I'm not a big fan of this myself. Maybe he can find a way for the pens to generate some offense instead of crying. It just makes the pens look worse than they are playing. If they lay another egg on wed. you can place the blame directly on therrien.

His name is Michele what do you expect ?