How 'bout them Penguins? How 'bout them Penguins!

Comments

• blackredyellowblackredyellow Posts: 5,889
    Pens fans have a hard time with that concept

I don't think we'll see Crysby killing PP's anytime soon

Maybe you should pay more attention, because he does kill penalties.
    My whole life
    was like a picture
    of a sunny day
    “We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses.”
    ― Abraham Lincoln
  • Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876
    Maybe you should pay more attention, because he does kill penalties.

Majority of the time ?

Or when you need a goal and are trying for one SH ?
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
    Majority of the time ?

Or when you need a goal and are trying for one SH ?

He's used in different situations, but a lot of the times as the second change (like Malkin is), trying to catch a tired powerplay.
    My whole life
    was like a picture
    of a sunny day
    “We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses.”
    ― Abraham Lincoln
  • Man, spelling Crosby as Crysby is really clever. I wouldn't want to get into an argument with someone as witty as that.

Lets go penguins.
  • Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    it is pretty funny.

anyhow, congrats on sweeping the sens and getting some retribution for least seasons excursion by their hands.

i pray that we get to face the Penguins in the Eastern Finals.
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • Bathgate66 wrote:
    it is pretty funny.

anyhow, congrats on sweeping the sens and getting some retribution for least seasons excursion by their hands.

Hey, it has been a while. It definately was nice beating the sens. A ranger-penguins series would be some great hockey. And some great thread to thread arguments would most likely occur. I would mostly be worried about your goaltender. He can be pretty good.
  • Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    good trivia question for the penguin fans

( dont go looking it up on wiki or google or whatever, either )

Who scored the Penguins very first goal in Franchise history ?
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • I don't know the answer to that one.
  • Pens fans have a hard time with that concept

I don't think we'll see Crysby killing PP's anytime soon

I forgot that philly fans were such wisemen. i guess that might explain why you'd rather have richards than crosby.
  • Bathgate66 wrote:
    it is pretty funny.

Pens/rangers would be a great series. I don't want to face lundqvist. He is a mighty fine goalie. At least we have Hal Gill to shut down Jagr!
    Man, spelling Crosby as Crysby is really clever. I wouldn't want to get into an argument with someone as witty as that.

Lets go penguins.

Or the people that call him Cindy.... now that takes more creativity than the average 2nd grader... oh wait, no it doesn't... but it does show the maturity of people who say it.
    My whole life
    was like a picture
    of a sunny day
    ― Abraham Lincoln
  • RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    Or the people that call him Cindy.... now that takes more creativity than the average 2nd grader... oh wait, no it doesn't... but it does show the maturity of people who say it.
    Or the peeps that take it so personally....
    Rygar wrote:
    Or the peeps that take it so personally....

yeah, screw them too...

:D
    My whole life
    was like a picture
    of a sunny day
    ― Abraham Lincoln
    I forgot that philly fans were such wisemen. i guess that might explain why you'd rather have richards than crosby.

Richards style of play I prefer

Overall no one is questioning Crosby is more skilled

Man, spelling Crosby as Crysby is really clever. I wouldn't want to get into an argument with someone as witty as that.

Lets go penguins.

It's effective

Pens fans are very sensitive about the golden boy

• chromiamchromiam Posts: 4,114
    It's effective

Pens fans are very sensitive about the golden boy

Must be if people keep feeling the need to respond to it...

Reminds me of back in the 90s when I was in the Meadowlands, a week before the playoffs, right after a 1 goal Flyers loss and Devils fans harrassing me... and I just turned and asked if they were going to choke in the 1st round of the playoffs again??? (as they had the previous years).... silence :D
    This is your notice that there is a problem with your signature. Please remove it.

Admin

Social awareness does not equal political activism!

5/23/2011- An utter embarrassment... ticketing failures too many to list.
  • Alright we get to boo jagr again
    He'll really be dying alive when he meets his arch nemesis hal gill!
    Bring it on rags!
    I was hoping for the caps. I really like lundqvist. big time goalie. Hopefully our firepower gets through.
  • NY PJ1NY PJ1 Posts: 9,533
    ah yes here we go with the once every 2 weeks
  • It's like that when you sweep through your opponents :D

I don't expect it here though... may actually go 6 with the Pens winning at the Garden
    It's like that when you sweep through your opponents :D

I don't expect it here though... may actually go 6 with the Pens winning at the Garden

i love when other teams and fans are cocky love it
    keep it coming
  • NY PJ1 wrote:
    i love when other teams and fans are cocky love it
    keep it coming

What we're supposed to say the rangers are gonna sweep us? get real. What's cocky about supporting your team.
  • rival.rival. Posts: 7,775
    What we're supposed to say the rangers are gonna sweep us? get real. What's cocky about supporting your team.

nothing cocky about supporting your team, just be realistic. no one is sweeping anyone.

this is going to be a hard fought 6/7 game series.

can't wait to see jagr silence all the boos like gomez did in jersey.
  • nothing cocky about supporting your team, just be realistic. no one is sweeping anyone.

this is going to be a hard fought 6/7 game series.

can't wait to see jagr silence all the boos like gomez did in jersey.

Nobody said we were sweeping you guys. The one ranger fan made a comment how we post here every 2 weeks or something.
    Spoonful then replied that we didn't have anything to talk about since we ripped through the sens in 4 games.
    And then ranger man accused us of being cocky.
    I have a couple posts on here saying i didn't want to play the rangers. You have a really good team. And this series should go 6 or 7 games.
    Jagr could score an ht every game here and he won't silence the boos.

I think the best part of this series might be avery vs. roberts. Should be entertaining.
    Nobody said we were sweeping you guys. The one ranger fan made a comment how we post here every 2 weeks or something.
    Spoonful then replied that we didn't have anything to talk about since we ripped through the sens in 4 games.
    I have a couple posts on here saying i didn't want to play the rangers. You have a really good team. And this series should go 6 or 7 games.

I think the best part of this series might be avery vs. roberts. Should be entertaining.

yes cocky

gary roberts? he's 50 what does he have for avery?
  • RygarRygar Posts: 8,685

Should be better games than the first round for you ;)
  • rival.rival. Posts: 7,775

i think the pens will be in store for a rude awaking. coasting through a soft senators team, and now hitting the rangers who are really starting to hit their stride.

i can't see fleury out playing lundqvist. that's why i have to pick the rangers in 6.
  • NY PJ1 wrote:
    yes cocky

They don't call him scary gary for nothing.
    And the reason i said that is because roberts called avery an idiot after the stick waving incident. So you know something is gonna happen.
  • i think the pens will be in store for a rude awaking. coasting through a soft senators team, and now hitting the rangers who are really starting to hit their stride.

i can't see fleury out playing lundqvist. that's why i have to pick the rangers in 6.

Rest is never bad. lundqvist is a better goalie, true. But our D are keeping fleury's job simple.

I agree with your 6 games prediction. except the pens win.
    They don't call him scary gary for nothing.
    And the reason i said that is because roberts called avery an idiot after the stick waving incident. So you know something is gonna happen.

thats just perfect !! :)

exactly what we want ,, avery creating havoc

the best way to go against him is to ignore him

and ole gary wont be able to help himself
  • kenshuntkenshunt Posts: 2,863
    NY PJ1 wrote:
    yes cocky

Gary would knock Avery the fuck out, but as for the series im pulling for NYR
    London 2005
    Toronto 2011 night 2
    Hamilton 2011
    London 2013