How 'bout them Penguins? How 'bout them Penguins!

Comments

• Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    He deserves to be boo'd.

the guy loves pittsburgh still.
    He learned to play nhl hockey there, under the wing of no querstion one of the top players in the world.
    That was then , this is now,....
    He understands the fans booing .
    He has chatted about this to Scott Gomez who shares in this experience- ..... ( every game at NJ the Newark Fans boo'd ) \
    Oh and guess whos house Sykora is living in since his arrival in Pitts ?
    Yep ,.....you guessed it , Jagrs .( Jagr still owns his home in Pitts )

It just makes the Pitts fans look silly when they boo him,...
    the guy contributed lots to those 2 cups, even with Mario .
    Mario wiould be the first guy to tell you the same,...

somethings going to change tonight.
    either the 0-4 at The Garden,
    or the 6-0 in playoffs.
    im hoping to god its not 3-0 after , but anything can happen in the playoffs.

heres to a good game

cheers
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • Great first period! Lets go Penguins!
  • Another great game!!
  • Wow this is crazy! I never in my wildest dreams thought the pens would be 7-0 at this point. There really are no flaws with this team. To the finals we go!
  • Wow this is crazy! I never in my wildest dreams thought the pens would be 7-0 at this point. There really are no flaws with this team. To the finals we go!

Yeah, it's pretty sweet. I think the most surprising thing has been the penalty killing and defense in general. I'm loving these playoffs.
  • Yeah, it's pretty sweet. I think the most surprising thing has been the penalty killing and defense in general. I'm loving these playoffs.

Shero made great moves at the deadline to fix our awful pk. And so far dupuis,gill, and hossa have been stellar at it(and jordan staal is a future selke winner).
    And looking ahead, i don't think montreal or philly can do any better than new york.

Interesting stat i just heard. you will like it:
    10 teams have gone 7 and 0 starting the playoffs... 8 have lifted the cup.
  • jezebeloriajezebeloria Posts: 600
    Sweep on my b-day! :D
    PJ FANS ROCK!!!

Finally got that "One for the Thumb"!!! Got the "Six Pack". Now we're on a "Stairway to Seven"

Some words when spoken...can't be taken back.

"Seeing a brick wall straight ahead and stepping on the gas." Eddie...Pittsburgh 6/23/06
  • RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    And looking ahead, i don't think montreal or philly can do any better than new york.
    They will not.
  • kenshuntkenshunt Posts: 2,863
    kindly float black to the blueshirts thread if you're going to spout such nonsense.
    um im a Leafs fan, btw i guess my team does wear blueshirts hehe
    London 2005
    Toronto 2011 night 2
    Hamilton 2011
    London 2013
  • they look a lot like the 1992 team that won ended the playoffs with an 11-game winning streak.
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
  • Jagr looked like the jagr of old last night. When he wants to, he is still the best in the game. The problem is he's so damn wishy washy.
    I get the feeling he wouldn't mind playing here again. Could you imagine that? I guess you'd have to imagine cause we couldn't afford croz,malkin,fleury,staal,hossa and jagr. Would be cool though. Mario would probably un-retire again for that.
  • blackredyellowblackredyellow Posts: 5,889
    Jordan Staal is a beast... He has to be a Selke finalist in a couple of seasons.
    My whole life
    was like a picture
    of a sunny day
    “We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses.”
    ― Abraham Lincoln
  • Jordan Staal is a beast... He has to be a Selke finalist in a couple of seasons.

Did you see on that one pk where he broke up the pass,cleared the puck,went in to get it, got picked, and then raced back and stole the puck off the ranger again! Amazing. He's a big reason why it's 3-0.
    Did you see on that one pk where he broke up the pass,cleared the puck,went in to get it, got picked, and then raced back and stole the puck off the ranger again! Amazing. He's a big reason why it's 3-0.

Yeah, and I think it was at the end of the second penalty on one of the 5-on-3's, he took the loose puck and instead of just clearing it, made a move to get around a couple Rangers, and carried the puck the whole way out of the zone, through traffic, to the Ranger's blue line.

He doesn't throw many big hits, but he uses his frame so well to shield the puck, and just bump people off of it and take it away.
    My whole life
    was like a picture
    of a sunny day
    “We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses.”
    ― Abraham Lincoln
    hats off to the pens.

fleury seems to have come a long way in a short period of time

Nods also are due to malkin and to your guys under- talked about defense.

it would be nice for NYR to win at least 1 to avoid the sweep, but oh well.

best of luck Penguins.
    platessmall.jpg
  • Bathgate66 wrote:
    hats off to the pens.

best of luck Penguins.

Well, it ain't over till it's over, but thanks.

Even as a Pens fan, I'll be shocked if they sweep this series as well. A few different bounces and this would be a completely different series.

It has been fun watching Jagr do his thing even though it hasn't been quite enough to get them a win.
  • Bathgate66 wrote:
    hats off to the pens.

best of luck Penguins.

Thanks. While i think this series is in the books, i do think Jagr is going to put the team on his back and win one for his pride and for avery. I actually wouldn't mind seeing it just as long as we close it out back on home ice.
  • stickboystickboy Posts: 2,981
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    hats off to the pens.

best of luck Penguins.
    ahh fuck that man...Thats all I heard the Rangers doing in the interviews after the 1st 2 games...givin them credit, givin them credit..its ridiculous..I didnt hear anybody giving each other credit in the last series vs the Devils..this is the playoffs and this series gives us NO credit cause WE fucked it up! There is NO way we should lose that 1st game, cause right now it should be either 2-1 rangers or 3-0 rangers..not to mention our HORRIFIC specialty teams...well..the Crosby defenders...I mean the referees didnt really help us either with those bullshit calls on Tyutin and Straka(does the NHL REALLY prefer to have Crosby in the Finals rather than the team in the no. 1 Market?)...a couple of posts ...fuck it ..it is what it is. If we can go 7-0-1 after blowin a 5-0 lead against montreal we can win ONE game at home...THEN worry about the next day..if we still have one...unbelievable...2 yrs in a row..we had series in our hands and we GAVE em away...its not sitting well right now :mad: ...let it be another learning experience hopefully for the Staals, the Callahans, and Dubinskys, etc.and next yr...can we get a Beukeboom type of D-man to hit somebody?? Please?
    Aah, fuck it, I’m just gonna go home, turn on the fuckin’ TV...
    Watch the nightly news and drink a beer...
    Like I could even change the world, yeah right...
  • stickboy wrote:
    ahh fuck that man...Thats all I heard the Rangers doing in the interviews after the 1st 2 games...givin them credit, givin them credit..its ridiculous..I didnt hear anybody giving each other credit in the last series vs the Devils..this is the playoffs and this series gives us NO credit cause WE fucked it up! There is NO way we should lose that 1st game, cause right now it should be either 2-1 rangers or 3-0 rangers..not to mention our HORRIFIC specialty teams...well..the Crosby defenders...I mean the referees didnt really help us either with those bullshit calls on Tyutin and Straka(does the NHL REALLY prefer to have Crosby in the Finals rather than the team in the no. 1 Market?)...a couple of posts ...fuck it ..it is what it is. If we can go 7-0-1 after blowin a 5-0 lead against montreal we can win ONE game at home...THEN worry about the next day..if we still have one...unbelievable...2 yrs in a row..we had series in our hands and we GAVE em away...its not sitting well right now :mad: ...let it be another learning experience hopefully for the Staals, the Callahans, and Dubinskys, etc.and next yr...can we get a Beukeboom type of D-man to hit somebody?? Please?

I'm still trying to figure out how you should be winning 3-0. you were outshot and outplayed everygame except for last. If your team fucked it up as you say that just means they weren't the better team. The penguins capitalize on rangers mistakes, the rangers don't and that's the series. bottom line is you're not getting it done on the pp. Blame the refs all you want but when you get two 5 on 3 pp's, you should win. game 2 you had a pp for 4 out of the last 6 minutes of the game and didn't score. The "crosby defenders" seem to be giving you juicy chances at key times. Blame your special teams they lost it for you.
  • I'm still trying to figure out how you should be winning 3-0. you were outshot and outplayed everygame except for last. If your team fucked it up as you say that just means they weren't the better team. The penguins capitalize on rangers mistakes, the rangers don't and that's the series. bottom line is you're not getting it done on the pp. Blame the refs all you want but when you get two 5 on 3 pp's, you should win. game 2 you had a pp for 4 out of the last 6 minutes of the game and didn't score. The "crosby defenders" seem to be giving you juicy chances at key times. Blame your special teams they lost it for you.

I'm sorry but you have been outplayed every game 5 on 5 by the rangers...
    2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 | 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 2 | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2 | 2024: Las Vegas 1, Seattle x2, Indy, MSG x2, Philly x2, Baltimore
  • given2fly10given2fly10 Posts: 485
    yea but jrs brings up good points. your pp sucks and you dont win games without scoring on the pp
    And he still gives his love, he just gives it away, The love he receives is the love that is saved, And sometimes is seen a strange spot in the sky, A human being that was given to fly

no bed=no brian

coke sucks

In games #1 & #2 the Pens outscored/outshot the Rangers at even strength.
    My whole life
    was like a picture
    of a sunny day
    ― Abraham Lincoln
  • stickboystickboy Posts: 2,981
    I'm still trying to figure out how you should be winning 3-0. you were outshot and outplayed everygame except for last. If your team fucked it up as you say that just means they weren't the better team. The penguins capitalize on rangers mistakes, the rangers don't and that's the series. bottom line is you're not getting it done on the pp. Blame the refs all you want but when you get two 5 on 3 pp's, you should win. game 2 you had a pp for 4 out of the last 6 minutes of the game and didn't score. The "crosby defenders" seem to be giving you juicy chances at key times. Blame your special teams they lost it for you.
    at best case scenario we should be up 3-0...I said either that or 2-1. Game 1 the pens did NOT outplay us, Im sorry...we sat back on a lead, and goal 2 was not a goal that Henrik typically gives up. 99% of the times Rangers seal this one and on to game 2 and 3 where we coulda split or won both...game 2 was so even that it coulda gone either way..so again..the pens did not outplay us..and game 3 granted. maybe this one you did but after takin momentum back and tying the game, one bad decision costs us, and yes..I acknowledged the fact that our Specialty teams are horrible...thats whats costing us more than anything...the inability to score or allowing a bad PP Goal by you guys at the worst timing. Look Im not makin excuses and yea, the Penguins are incredible but just the same way you hear our Rangers players in the post game interviews, Im still not convinced theyre better...just bad breaks. ANd as far as the refs are concerned...they suck. Period Not just on the Rangers part but leaguewide...its disgusting....worst officiating in all of sports
    Aah, fuck it, I’m just gonna go home, turn on the fuckin’ TV...
    Watch the nightly news and drink a beer...
    Like I could even change the world, yeah right...
  • so that's what a loss is. Can't win 'em all. Erase the sloppy play and end it sunday on home ice please.
    The game got ugly once the Penguins fell behind 2-0. Apparently believing it their birthright to win every game, to not get hit, and to not have any calls go against them, the Pens lost their cool, beginning with Sidney Crosby, who went after Girardi after a clean check to Marian Hossa, with Malkin, a sore loser after being sportsmanlike in victory, joining in. Both Penguin stars sat in the box together as the Rangers went on the power play, certainly not a recipe for success for Pittsburgh. Then, at the end of the game, as Jagr scored an empty netter, Malkin slew-footed Mara twice, the second time touching off a melee. Drury may have been slew-footed too. Malkin was not penalized for his acts, even after being the beneficiary of the phantom penalty shot call.

But one win does not negate the hole the Rangers are still in. They cannot lose a single game more in this series. Can they recreate their recipe for success again three times in a row, beginning Sunday afternoon in Pittsburgh? On the Rangers side of the ledger, Jagr and Lundqvist will have the biggest say, along with the special teams. The Penguins will have something to say about it too, but if their say is no more than the frustration they showed in losing this game, the Rangers will have a good chance to extend the series one game at a time, which is all they're looking for at this point.
    platessmall.jpg
  • Bathgate66 wrote:
    even after being the beneficiary of the phantom penalty shot call..

I'm not disagreeing with much else of what you said, but when a guy who has lost his stick pushes the player from behind with both hands, it's most certainly not a "phantom" call. It was clear the second it happened and no one argued. Of course we all know the puck went in but since Henrik had it covered there was no way they could call it, and Malkin proceeded to take the worst penalty shot in the history of the NHL... lol

That was definitely the changing point in the game as I think if Malkin makes that then the Pens pull off the sweep.

But hey, the NHL gets what they want: another afternoon game on national tv featuring a lot of stars in the league.
  • given2fly10given2fly10 Posts: 485

But hey, the NHL gets what they want: another afternoon game on national tv featuring a lot of stars in the league.
    ding ding ding. buttman and the league would love nothing more for this to go to a game 7.
    And he still gives his love, he just gives it away, The love he receives is the love that is saved, And sometimes is seen a strange spot in the sky, A human being that was given to fly

no bed=no brian

coke sucks
  • I'm not disagreeing with much else of what you said, but when a guy who has lost his stick pushes the player from behind with both hands, it's most certainly not a "phantom" call. It was clear the second it happened and no one argued. Of course we all know the puck went in but since Henrik had it covered there was no way they could call it, and Malkin proceeded to take the worst penalty shot in the history of the NHL... lol

That was definitely the changing point in the game as I think if Malkin makes that then the Pens pull off the sweep.

From todays trib:
    After taking a pass from Crosby and breaking into the Rangers' zone, Malkin's shot ended up behind New York goaltender Henrik Lundqvist - but not, according to replay officials in Toronto, before the cage was dislodged after defenseman Dan Girardi shoved Malkin into Lundqvist at 17:53.

An on-ice official immediately called for a penalty shot, which Malkin took after a lengthy delay for replay officials at the NHL's offices in Toronto to judge if his goal should count.

It did not, and coach Michel Therrien could not understand the logic behind that ruling.

"That was a turning point," Therrien said. "We could have started the third period with a tied game. Instead we were chasing."

Therrien said he was told "Malkin pushed the goalie."

"That's probably one of the first times I saw a player on a breakaway try to finish his check."

Coach t is pretty good with the one-liners sometimes.
    Nice series

alltho you all can admit you all shat your pants a little bit after we tied it at 2 in the 3rd , and took you guys to overtime.

Stupid penalties at stupid times, no fuckinbg shots on goal, ( zero for jagr ) and at the same time we allow malkin 10 shots by himself. :rolleyes:

Good Luck against your cross state rivals in the ECFinals , and good luck improving on Pitts' 0-3 record in the Playoffs against the Flyers.
    platessmall.jpg