How 'bout them Penguins? How 'bout them Penguins!

Comments

• Bathgate66 wrote:
    Nice series

alltho you all can admit you all shat your pants a little bit after we tied it at 2 in the 3rd , and took you guys to overtime.

Stupid penalties at stupid times, no fuckinbg shots on goal, ( zero for jagr ) and at the same time we allow malkin 10 shots by himself. :rolleyes:

Good Luck against your cross state rivals in the ECFinals , and good luck improving on Pitts' 0-3 record in the Playoffs against the Flyers.

Thanks, I definitely was having a heart attack up until hossa scored. Some bad no calls for you guys. I still don't know how malone didn't get 4 minutes.
    And the philly streak will be broken. They can't match the talent. And our PP won't shit the bed like montreal did. Watch this series, There is no love lost between these two teams.
  • Thanks, I definitely was having a heart attack up until hossa scored. Some bad no calls for you guys. I still don't know how malone didn't get 4 minutes.
    And the philly streak will be broken. They can't match the talent. And our PP won't shit the bed like montreal did. Watch this series, There is no love lost between these two teams.

The only thing I can figure on the Malone situation is that if you watch the replay, his stick gets caught under the arm of the other Ranger next to him who in turn, lifts his arm and it pulls the stick up. Whether they actually caught that as it was happening or just didn't see it at all is anyone's guess. They usually still call it even when there is no intent whatsoever, but I can't recall a similar play when the opposing player contributes the stick going high.

Bring on the Flyers!
  • The only thing I can figure on the Malone situation is that if you watch the replay, his stick gets caught under the arm of the other Ranger next to him who in turn, lifts his arm and it pulls the stick up. Whether they actually caught that as it was happening or just didn't see it at all is anyone's guess. They usually still call it even when there is no intent whatsoever, but I can't recall a similar play when the opposing player contributes the stick going high.

Bring on the Flyers!

Yeah i guess they figured it was unintentional but i thought you always had to be in control of your stick. Pretty weird.
  • righteousbaberighteousbabe Posts: 662
    Great win today. It is nice to know that they can score on a good goalie. And if jagr really is leaving the nhl it is kind of fitting that his last game played would be in Pittsburgh.
    This series against the flyers should be an epic battle.
  • chromiamchromiam Posts: 4,114
    Bring on the Flyers!

Be careful what you wish for....
    This is your notice that there is a problem with your signature. Please remove it.

Admin

Social awareness does not equal political activism!

5/23/2011- An utter embarrassment... ticketing failures too many to list.
  • kenshuntkenshunt Posts: 2,863
    Well i hope this series is gonna be fun
    London 2005
    Toronto 2011 night 2
    Hamilton 2011
    London 2013
  • chromiam wrote:
    Be careful what you wish for....

Well, I only say that since it's already been determined and I have no choice. It's been great not having to play them yet and I guess it's fitting that it's in the Eastern finals.

Don't get me wrong, Pittsburgh SHOULD have their way with them. You can't go be season records, because the Pens had losing records to both Ottawa and New York and you see where that got them. Watching Philly try to blow leads almost nightly in the playoffs makes me very confident because I think the Pens are the best come-from-behind team in the league, so even if we can't jump out early I like our chances.
  • RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    Well, I only say that since it's already been determined and I have no choice. It's been great not having to play them yet and I guess it's fitting that it's in the Eastern finals.

Don't get me wrong, Pittsburgh SHOULD have their way with them. You can't go be season records, because the Pens had losing records to both Ottawa and New York and you see where that got them. Watching Philly try to blow leads almost nightly in the playoffs makes me very confident because I think the Pens are the best come-from-behind team in the league, so even if we can't jump out early I like our chances.
    Don't let in wristers from the blue line and you'll be fine ;)
  • ThecureThecure Posts: 814

As a flyers fan i somewhat feel that if Philly will win if the refs call it fair which i don't think will happen. at the present moment, i don't think that the pens will be abel to handle the fore-checking of teh flyers and if Biron plays liek he has the flyers will win in 6.
    People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought which they avoid."
    - Soren Aabye Kierkegaard (1813-1855)

If you haven't got anything nice to say about anybody, come sit next to me."
    - Alice Roosevelt Longworth (1884-1980)
  • blackredyellowblackredyellow Posts: 5,889
    The only thing I can figure on the Malone situation is that if you watch the replay, his stick gets caught under the arm of the other Ranger next to him who in turn, lifts his arm and it pulls the stick up. Whether they actually caught that as it was happening or just didn't see it at all is anyone's guess. They usually still call it even when there is no intent whatsoever, but I can't recall a similar play when the opposing player contributes the stick going high.

Bring on the Flyers!

Yeah... And real time on TV, it almost looked like with where Malone's stick was, and how Rozival's (i think) arms moved, that it was actually Rozival's stick... It was a bad break for the Rangers, but I would bet that not one person watching the game on TV real-time saw what happened either.
    Thecure wrote:
    As a flyers fan i somewhat feel that if Philly will win if the refs call it fair which i don't think will happen. at the present moment, i don't think that the pens will be abel to handle the fore-checking of teh flyers and if Biron plays liek he has the flyers will win in 6.

At least you are following suit, and being pre-emptive with the referee complaints :)

The Flyers and Biron are playing lights out, but I just think the Pens have too much fire power for Philly to keep up with. They really have to slow down the tempo of the game and try to wear down the Penguins...

The Caps gave them a handful with one great offensive line, and the Canadiens definitely don't have the offensive talent as the Pens.

Also, I like Marty Biron, but Lundqvist had to stand on his head to keep the Rangers close to the Penguins, I'm just not convinced that Biron can do that.

Are there any injury issues with the Flyers?

One thing that I am sure of, it will be one hell of a series to watch though :)
    My whole life
    was like a picture
    of a sunny day
    “We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses.”
    ― Abraham Lincoln

Should have, could have, would have... the Caps should have beaten the Flyers, the Habs should have beaten the Flyers, its the playoffs and there are no guarantees. Good luck to the Pens but don't be surprised if the series doesn't fall the way people think it SHOULD.
    This is your notice that there is a problem with your signature. Please remove it.

Admin

• Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876
    Bring it On !

It should be a great series

I'm thinking more like a WAR

Bruised and Battered bodies which ever team wins

LET'S GO FLYERS !!!

Oh...the injury question.....as of right now everyone is healthy...Timmonen was banged up in the Caps series and Knuble...but both are fine and playing
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
  • kenshuntkenshunt Posts: 2,863
    Rygar wrote:
    Don't let in wristers from the blue line and you'll be fine ;)
    hehe, they weren't quite from the blueline
    London 2005
    Toronto 2011 night 2
    Hamilton 2011
    London 2013
  • RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    kenshunt wrote:
    hehe, they weren't quite from the blueline
    close enough
    The Caps gave them a handful with one great offensive line, and the Canadiens definitely don't have the offensive talent as the Pens.

Not the superstars, but we did have 7 players over 50 pts this year.
  • ThecureThecure Posts: 814
    Yeah... And real time on TV, it almost looked like with where Malone's stick was, and how Rozival's (i think) arms moved, that it was actually Rozival's stick... It was a bad break for the Rangers, but I would bet that not one person watching the game on TV real-time saw what happened either.

At least you are following suit, and being pre-emptive with the referee complaints :)

The Flyers and Biron are playing lights out, but I just think the Pens have too much fire power for Philly to keep up with. They really have to slow down the tempo of the game and try to wear down the Penguins...

Also, I like Marty Biron, but Lundqvist had to stand on his head to keep the Rangers close to the Penguins, I'm just not convinced that Biron can do that.

Are there any injury issues with the Flyers?

One thing that I am sure of, it will be one hell of a series to watch though :)

lets be real, the Pens are a great team but the refs do favour them. i don't think we have to slow down the game what we have to do is play our game. if crosby touchs the puck you pound him, if malkin touches the puck you pound him too. Pitts. are not good when you hit them.
    People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought which they avoid."
    - Soren Aabye Kierkegaard (1813-1855)

If you haven't got anything nice to say about anybody, come sit next to me."
    - Alice Roosevelt Longworth (1884-1980)
    It should be a good series

Our depth will show in this series

Flyers having 7 guys with 20 goals or more is a huge bonus

Any line really can score

LET'S GO FLYERS !

• It should be a good series

Our depth will show in this series

Flyers having 7 guys with 20 goals or more is a huge bonus

Any line really can score

LET'S GO FLYERS !

Pens have 5 guys with 20 goals or more. But 3 of those guys are considered among the best in the league. I dont fear anybody on the flyers(except for freakin local boy umberger who always tortures us).
    You have a fine team and have come a long way since last year but your journey ends this round.
  • Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    I dont fear anybody on the flyers(except for freakin local boy umberger who always tortures us).

Mike Richards
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • Bathgate66 wrote:
    Mike Richards

while good, he doesn't quite scare you like say Jagr in your series. If anything Briere is probably more dangerous but gill should neutralize him.
    Pens have 5 guys with 20 goals or more. But 3 of those guys are considered among the best in the league. I dont fear anybody on the flyers(except for freakin local boy umberger who always tortures us).
    You have a fine team and have come a long way since last year but your journey ends this round.

R.J had 8 goals against the Canadians I'm expecting 10 goals against Pitt !!

Our PP is dangerous as well

These teams match up well line for line

Most likely its coming down to goal tending like almost every series

Flyguys in 6

• R.J had 8 goals against the Canadians I'm expecting 10 goals against Pitt !!

Our PP is dangerous as well

These teams match up well line for line

Most likely its coming down to goal tending like almost every series

Flyguys in 6

This is going to be a great series. 2 well matched teams 2 bitter rivals, what more can you ask.

You're probably right on umberger, i'll disagree on the series outcome.
    Well, a little over an hour to go, I am getting excited. Let the fun begin.

And of course.....Lets go Penguins.
  • Another game, another starry night in Pittsburgh.

I swear, when Pittsburgh is on their game there isn't a better team in the NHL.

Way to go boys!

Oh and this just in: Malkin is a beast and can destroy you all by himself
    Oh and this just in: Malkin is a beast and can destroy you all by himself

Wow... a bit full of yourself there.. its only game one and your team still needs to win 3 more to advance.

Admin

• chromiam wrote:
    Wow... a bit full of yourself there.. its only game one and your team still needs to win 3 more to advance.

No, not really... this has been evident for a while now and is just becoming more and more obvious. I've said all along that I think he is the best player out of the Crosby/Malkin/Ovechkin debate.

While I'm confident, I know it will be a battle and expect a long series. But if you guys don't play better on special teams then it may not be as long as everyone thinks. While Richards may have scored twice, he made a bad play that led to the shorty and Briere made a bad turnover to give the Pens momentum going into the second period.
  • Malkin is the baddest mofo on the planet!!!!!
  • acoustic guyacoustic guy Posts: 3,770
    One game, big deal.
    Go Flyers
    Get em a Body Bag Yeeeeeaaaaa!
    Sweep the Leg Johnny.
  • NeilJamNeilJam Posts: 1,191
    Great game tonight. They dishing out checks like it was the first of the month. It was good to see the Pens giving to the Flyers physically from the start instead of waiting for Philly to push them around first.
    Ah, fuck the flyers, Malkin is a beast. Just wait until Crosby gets going. Lets go Penguins
    Well that was a pretty obvious goal called back. I guess the flyer fans can quit whining about the refs now. Even though that goal in game 7 against the caps that was obvious interference should have stopped their crying long ago. Lets go penguins.