How 'bout them Penguins? How 'bout them Penguins!

Comments

• NY PJ1NY PJ1 Posts: 9,533
    kenshunt wrote:
    Gary would knock Avery the fuck out, but as for the series im pulling for NYR

maybe 10 years ago

alittle crosscheck to the lower back will take care of gary
  • RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    NY PJ1 wrote:
    maybe 10 years ago

Ah, dum dum, Gary will give Avery a crosscheck to the back of the neck before Avery gives Gary a crosscheck to the back of the...back...
    I'm no Roberts fan, but even in his twilight years that guy is a workhorse.
  • NY PJ1 wrote:
    thats just perfect !! :)

exactly what we want ,, avery creating havoc

the best way to go against him is to ignore him

and ole gary wont be able to help himself

That's what they are writing about in the papers here. Just ignore Avery. The last time we played he had both roberts and ruutu taking bad penalties.
    Just have to ignore the little pest.
  • kenshuntkenshunt Posts: 2,863
    NY PJ1 wrote:
    maybe 10 years ago

http://hockeyfights.com/fights/38999

he fucking made ben eager look like a bitch lol
    London 2005
    Toronto 2011 night 2
    Hamilton 2011
    London 2013
    That's what they are writing about in the papers here. Just ignore Avery. The last time we played he had both roberts and ruutu taking bad penalties.
    Just have to ignore the little pest.

we shall see

i think gary wont be able to control himself nor will ruutu
    Rygar wrote:
    Ah, dum dum, Gary will give Avery a crosscheck to the back of the neck before Avery gives Gary a crosscheck to the back of the...back...
    I'm no Roberts fan, but even in his twilight years that guy is a workhorse.

thats exactly what we want
    NY PJ1 wrote:
    thats exactly what we want
    You go to de box and you feel shame.
    NY PJ1 wrote:
    we shall see

i think gary wont be able to control himself nor will ruutu
    i do like avery however, except against the leafs of course, but it will be fun to watch his antics and see what he comes up with next.
    London 2005
    Toronto 2011 night 2
    Hamilton 2011
    London 2013
    Rygar wrote:
    You go to de box and you feel shame.

then 2 minutes dey let u out lmao
    NY PJ1 wrote:
    then 2 minutes dey let u out lmao
    hahaha
  • this series is gonna be great...rangers won 5 of the 8 during the season, henrik was amazing during those 8 games....2 completely different teams but i just dont see the pens winning

roberts might not play
    if crosby gets a whack to the skate, hes done
    its gonna be so tough for fleury to play better than lundqvist
    jordan staal got leveled by his brother the last time they played

malkin is the only one im worried about

just one thing....crosby vs avery....watch for that
    2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 | 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 2 | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2 | 2024: Las Vegas 1, Seattle x2, Indy, MSG x2, Philly x2, Baltimore
    this series is gonna be great...rangers won 5 of the 8 during the season, henrik was amazing during those 8 games....2 completely different teams but i just dont see the pens winning

roberts might not play
    if crosby gets a whack to the skate, hes done
    its gonna be so tough for fleury to play better than lundqvist
    jordan staal got leveled by his brother the last time they played

malkin is the only one im worried about

just one thing....crosby vs avery....watch for that

if avery can get after crysby in the 1st game !!! that would be perfect
  • I'm sure Ruutu can deal with Avery.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gnSYbbmXSH8
  • I'm sure Ruutu can deal with Avery.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gnSYbbmXSH8

You gotta love jarkko. unless of course you're on the other team.
  • Alright 2 hours to go. seems like FOREVER since we last played. Hopefully the boys aren't too rusty.
  • SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 Posts: 26,149
    message from an islanders fan:

PLEASE BEAT THE RANGERS!!!!
    severed hand thirteen
    2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17
  • It would've been tragic if the better team hadn't one...

What a game and comeback! The stars came through on both sides.

So now is the three goal lead the "worst lead in hockey"? :D
  • Beautiful game!!!
  • Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    Alright we get to boo jagr again
    He'll really be dying alive when he meets his arch nemesis hal gill!
    Bring it on rags!
    I was hoping for the caps. I really like lundqvist. big time goalie. Hopefully our firepower gets through.

even the old lady who crosby delivered the season tickets to her front door said

the fans show no class when they boo jagr
    they won 2 cups with the guy.
    what the fuck ?
    :confused:

good win tonight
    lots of crazy bounces and deflections
    see you guys sunday .
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • Bathgate66 wrote:
    even the old lady who crosby delivered the season tickets to her front door said

what the fuck ?

good win tonight
    see you guys sunday .

Jagr still has tons of fans in pittsburgh including myself. I'll just boo anybody in a ranger jersey. But you can't forget that jagr did a ton of good for the pens. And i'll give him a standing ovation if they retire his jersey here.

That was a wild and crazy game. neither team brought its "A" game. good to see lundqvist looks beatable. bad to see fleury does too. Should be a hell of a series.
  • Bathgate66 wrote:

what the fuck ?

good win tonight
    see you guys sunday .

Jagr was different back then.

And that is as much as I should say about that.

Lets go penguins.
  • Awesome! undefeated in the playoffs. We didn't fare to well in the garden, so it will be a good test. but the pens look pretty damn good right now.
    Great game by jordan staal. Hard to believe he's just 19.
  • rangers played very well too...just took too many penalties. They fell asleep during the PP that the pens scored on...but besides that I thought both sides played evenly

i think that no-goal call was bs....fleury never had control of the puck and the whistle was called while the puck was on the line....not as bad of a call as strakas at the end of game 1 though
    2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 | 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 2 | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2 | 2024: Las Vegas 1, Seattle x2, Indy, MSG x2, Philly x2, Baltimore
  • 2 games to 0. Sweet. Lets go penguins.

Oops, I almost spelled sweet with a p instead of t.
  • Cowardly Avery tried to take out Crosby

By Joe Starkey
    TRIBUNE-REVIEW
    Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Adam Graves all over again.

That's what I was thinking as I watched replays of Sean Avery's assault on Sidney Crosby with 6 seconds left in the first period Sunday.

It happened in the neutral zone, away from the puck.

Avery, the New York Rangers' resident coward, came up from behind -- as cowards often do -- and took two chopping slashes at Crosby's left wrist.

story continues below

Neither hack was the kind of baseball-style swing that Graves took on Mario Lemieux in Game 2 of a 1992 playoff series between these teams -- the one that broke Lemieux's left hand -- but Avery obviously intended to inflict some damage.

The first slash connected. Luckily for Crosby, the harder second one did not, only because he'd whipped his smarting wrist out of the way.

Avery wasn't penalized.

Crosby didn't make an issue of it on the ice. He didn't mention it after the game or when he addressed reporters at his locker Monday.

Nobody asked Crosby about the incident, either, which means a lot of people probably didn't see it. Sneak attacks are designed that way.

In a quieter moment after yesterday's media session, I asked Crosby if he thought Avery was trying to injure him.

"He wasn't going for the puck," Crosby said. "He was going for my wrist."

A call to the Rangers' media relations office yesterday seeking comment from Avery wasn't returned.

Carefully choosing his words, Crosby went on.

"Obviously, he was trying to make me feel it a bit," he said. "I don't know if it was a direct intent to hurt me or anything. ... I guess he was just letting me know that he's there."

How's the wrist?

"I felt it," Crosby said, smiling. "It's just sore, nothing major."

Penguins coach Michel Therrien said he was well aware of the incident and added, somewhat cryptically, "I'm working on that right now."

Asked if that meant he was going to send a tape to league headquarters, Therrien said no.

I asked NHL spokesman Frank Brown if the league was reviewing Avery's actions.

"We review everything, every play of every game," Brown said.

But is the league reviewing that particular play for the purpose of possibly suspending Avery?

"If there is any action that is needed that would cause this person not to play (tonight), it will be announced before the game is played," Brown said.

In Game 1, Avery raked his stick across Crosby's face and wasn't penalized.

It's not exactly news that Avery is a league-wide joke. Or, as Penguins winger Gary Roberts put it a few weeks ago, "an idiot."

Roberts was speaking in the aftermath of Avery's ridiculous face-guarding act against New Jersey goaltender Martin Brodeur.

You might have heard what Avery did at the Rangers' next practice, when he realized a television camera had caught him re-enacting his face-guarding routine. He made an obscene gesture to the camera.

This is the kind of maladjusted mental midget you're dealing with.

Before this series, one Penguins player told me many of Avery's teammates on the Los Angeles Kings despised him and were thrilled when he was traded to the Rangers.

In a recent Sports Illustrated poll of 365 NHL players, Avery was voted the league's dirtiest player by a wide margin. He garnered 24 percent of the vote, compared to 11 percent for Anaheim's Chris Pronger and 10 percent for Penguins winger Jarkko Ruutu.

Who knows why this obnoxious little gnat is such an attention seeker? Maybe Penguins defenseman Hal Gill got it right in Game 2, after the benches exchanged words.

NBC analyst Pierre McGuire, stationed between the benches, said, "Hal Gill just said to Avery, 'You just weren't hugged enough as a child. That's why you've got issues.' "

Should be an interesting atmosphere tonight at Madison Square Garden, what with a blood-thirsty crowd harassing Crosby and Penguins goaltender Marc-Andre Fleury, who traded slashes with Avery at the end of Game 2.

At least those slashes were exchanged in plain sight and not in the shadowy outskirts, where cowards love to roam.

But Crosby is a diver!
    Hopefully we'll be up by a couple goals and Laraque or Gill can give him some payback.
  • blackredyellowblackredyellow Posts: 5,889
    Cowardly Avery tried to take out Crosby

By Joe Starkey
    TRIBUNE-REVIEW
    Tuesday, April 29, 2008

I really do like Starkey, but he shouldn't have bothered with this article... With all of the whining that has gone on in the NY media, I'm a little disappointed that Starkey wrote a whole article whining about Avery.
    My whole life
    was like a picture
    of a sunny day
    “We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses.”
    ― Abraham Lincoln
  • I don't have any facts or anything but I am from Pittsburgh and I remember well Jagr pulling a Chad Johnson type move and making it VERY clear he didnt want to be in Pittsburgh anymore, not trying, and even refusing to play.

He deserves to be boo'd.
    I don't have any facts or anything but I am from Pittsburgh and I remember well Jagr pulling a Chad Johnson type move and making it VERY clear he didnt want to be in Pittsburgh anymore, not trying, and even refusing to play.

He deserves to be boo'd.
    And Pit deserves to lose both games in msg.
    London 2005
    Toronto 2011 night 2
    Hamilton 2011
    London 2013
  • blackredyellowblackredyellow Posts: 5,889
    I don't have any facts or anything but I am from Pittsburgh and I remember well Jagr pulling a Chad Johnson type move and making it VERY clear he didnt want to be in Pittsburgh anymore, not trying, and even refusing to play.

He deserves to be boo'd.

I agree that he was moody here, and said some stupid things, but I will disagree with him not trying or refusing to play.

The 1999 Devils series alone should put to rest the idea that he didn't try.

He did help damage the team late in his career though, but part of that was the organization caving in to his every demand (Hlinka coaching, keeping Kip Miller, etc.)
    My whole life
    was like a picture
    of a sunny day
    “We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses.”
    ― Abraham Lincoln
  • kenshunt wrote:
    And Pit deserves to lose both games in msg.

kindly float black to the blueshirts thread if you're going to spout such nonsense.