How 'bout them Penguins? How 'bout them Penguins!

Comments

• Should be a good game tonight. Let's go penguins.
  • kenshuntkenshunt Posts: 2,863
    Roberts is a legend, i knew you guys got someone special at playoff times, even tho the Leafs never won a cup, Gary was always the most reconized come playoff time.
    London 2005
    Toronto 2011 night 2
    Hamilton 2011
    London 2013
  • kenshunt wrote:
    Roberts is a legend, i knew you guys got someone special at playoff times, even tho the Leafs never won a cup, Gary was always the most reconized come playoff time.

I'm just glad ottawa didn't get him like they were supposed to or he'd be doing this to us.
    The guy is 100% warrior.
  • kenshunt wrote:

Honestly, I was a little surprised at how well he played last game. I figured with his age and how long he was injured that it would take him a little while to get back in shape. He definately looks like he wants to win the cup this year.
  • Another good game.
  • great game. who's next? i'm really liking this team.
  • Sweep!

Sweet revenge!

Woohooo!
  • restlesssoulrestlesssoul Posts: 6,951
    CLEAN SWEEP!!!!!

rangers next?
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18, Van I+II, Vegas I+II '24
  • RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    CLEAN SWEEP!!!!!

rangers next?
    The Rangers might show up though ;)
  • Rygar wrote:
    The Rangers might show up though ;)

They will be good practice for when we play the canadiens.
    They will be good practice for when we play the canadiens.
    If the suddenly offensive-challenged Habs don't fix their new handicapped, you'll be playing the Flyers ;) (or the Rangers will...)
  • 4 down, 12 more to go...

As much as I would love to see Boston come back and beat Montreal so we can have them next, there's no way that's happening.
  • Rygar wrote:
    If the suddenly offensive-challenged Habs don't fix their new handicapped, you'll be playing the Flyers ;) (or the Rangers will...)

The capitals could still beat the flyers but if they don't I am pretty sure montreal would have no problem handling them.
    The capitals could still beat the flyers but if they don't I am pretty sure montreal would have no problem handling them.
    I dunno, the Habs are playing a good defensive and physical game, but a poor offensive game. You can't win 'em all on 1 or 2 goals...
  • ThecureThecure Posts: 814

why do you think teh Habs could beat the flyers? even though i am a flyers fan i have to say that they do look very good and they beating the caps in what should have been a sweep. i would watch out if i was the habs
    People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought which they avoid."
    - Soren Aabye Kierkegaard (1813-1855)

If you haven't got anything nice to say about anybody, come sit next to me."
    - Alice Roosevelt Longworth (1884-1980)
    Thecure wrote:
    why do you think teh Habs could beat the flyers? even though i am a flyers fan i have to say that they do look very good and they beating the caps in what should have been a sweep. i would watch out if i was the habs
    I'll go with the Habs finishing first, and playing an extremely good defense/physical game right now as reasons to think the Flyers should watch out for the Habs.
    This can go back and forth all day.
  • inmyrvminmyrvm Posts: 933
    i wouldn't exactly say bring on the rangers. we don't have the greatest record at msg.
    "Fuck the talkin' let's start rockin" - Eddie Vedder 9-5-00 Pittsburgh
    4/26/03 Pittsburgh 5/3/03 State College 7/12/03 Hershey 10/1/04 Reading 9/28/05 Pittsburgh 5/20/06 Cleveland 6/23/06 Pittsburgh 6/22/08 DC

friends don't let friends listen to good charlotte
  • As a Leafs fan/Sens hater - last night was pure joy.
  • NeilJamNeilJam Posts: 1,191
    Buy Sam a drink and get his dog one too!
  • are you guys reading the who's better ovechkin or crosby thread?
    it's pretty amusing. Jealousy is such a bad trait.
    are you guys reading the who's better ovechkin or crosby thread?
    it's pretty amusing. Jealousy is such a bad trait.
    Why is it amusing?
    The only reason you think Crosby is so much better is because you're a Penguins fan.
  • It's amusing because the only bad thing they can say about crosby is that he's a whiner. I'll take a whiner over a one trick pony who doesn't make his teammates any better. crosby does.
    And of course i like crosby better because i watch every game. the stuff he does is amazing. day in day out. everybody is jealous of crosby because they are sick of him being called the face of the nhl and that is their biggest problem with him.
    Make me an argument why ovechkin is better? the stats don't prove it. the head to head matchups don't prove it. If crosby was healthy all year he was on pace for 40 goals plus all his assists.
    I'll piss you off even more, i'm starting to think malkin might be better than both of them.
    It's amusing because the only bad thing they can say about crosby is that he's a whiner. I'll take a whiner over a one trick pony who doesn't make his teammates any better. crosby does.
    And of course i like crosby better because i watch every game. the stuff he does is amazing. day in day out. everybody is jealous of crosby because they are sick of him being called the face of the nhl and that is their biggest problem with him.
    Make me an argument why ovechkin is better? the stats don't prove it. the head to head matchups don't prove it. If crosby was healthy all year he was on pace for 40 goals plus all his assists.
    I'll piss you off even more, i'm starting to think malkin might be better than both of them.
    Doesn't piss me off at all. It's amusing that you get after those people putting Crosby down, and just pull the same on Ovechkin because you don't like him being compared to Crosby.
  • Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876
    It's amusing because the only bad thing they can say about crosby is that he's a whiner. I'll take a whiner over a one trick pony who doesn't make his teammates any better. crosby does.

It's a matter of opinion your biased beause you're a Pens fan

Nothing wrong with that

People that like AO better are not wrong or have to prove anything it's their opinion

I like AO's gameplay better....more aggressive player.....I would want him on my team
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
    Rygar wrote:
    Doesn't piss me off at all. It's amusing that you get after those people putting Crosby down, and just pull the same on Ovechkin because you don't like him being compared to Crosby.

So sensitive these Pens fans are

They're biased to a fault in my book

So sensitive these Pens fans are

They're biased to a fault in my book
    Certainly come across that way.
  • chromiamchromiam Posts: 4,114

The stats don't prove it??? I believe that 60 > 40 goals which was your estimate for Crosby in an injury free season.....

I agree they are both great players but I admire and enjoy Ovie's style of play better. He's a sniper compared to the playmaker which Crosby is.... that said, I love the well rounded, plays every situation, and all round solid player which the Flyers have.... Mike Richards.
    This is your notice that there is a problem with your signature. Please remove it.

Admin

Social awareness does not equal political activism!

5/23/2011- An utter embarrassment... ticketing failures too many to list.
  • chromiam wrote:
    The stats don't prove it??? I believe that 60 > 40 goals which was your estimate for Crosby in an injury free season.....

I agree they are both great players but I admire and enjoy Ovie's style of play better. He's a sniper compared to the playmaker which Crosby is.... that said, I love the well rounded, plays every situation, and all round solid player which the Flyers have.... Mike Richards.

Indeed 60 is better than 40
    But ovechkin had 47 assists. crosby had 48 and he missed 2 months. crosby when healthy can put up 80+ assists. So i think i'll stick with crosby.

Obviously i'm biased. if crosby was on philly or the habs you guys would be the same as me.
    I like ovechkin, i just think crosby is better. remember goals aren't everything. They are just more glamourous.
    I like ovechkin, i just think crosby is better. remember goals aren't everything. They are just more glamourous.
    That is the best thing you've said all day.
    chromiam wrote:

Pens fans have a hard time with that concept

I don't think we'll see Crysby killing PP's anytime soon