Comments

• Options
    PearlOfAGirlPearlOfAGirl Posts: 15,993
    Welcome Back Pedro!!! You totally rock ;):lol:

Go Red Sox!!!!!!

Wish you were here...

~RIP Dad
  • Options
    g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,138
    So nice to be able to watch the BRUINS AND THE RED SOX from down here in Florida. GO SOX!

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    Nice to get the W, but...

8746172820_b1ce832d85_o.gif
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    dankind wrote:
    Nice to get the W, but...

8746172820_b1ce832d85_o.gif
    :lol::lol::lol:
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • Options
    gregkitefangregkitefan Posts: 1,115
    Lets take two out of three this weekend.
  • Options
    Mets just swept 'em. How awesome would it be if we did the same? Not gonna happen, but a man can dream.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    dankind wrote:
    Mets just swept 'em. How awesome would it be if we did the same? Not gonna happen, but a man can dream.

Even if they only take one out of three they will still be in 1st place.
    Two would be great.
    I predict a Mike Carp HR this weekend.
    Go Sox!!!
  • Options
    390-yankees-0602.jpg
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    dankind wrote:
    390-yankees-0602.jpg

Big Papi STILL has some pop in his swing....that was one Boston Strong shot he had last night. Well done guys now keep it going unto the BRUINS. 8-)

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    Just saying hello to the #1 sports team in Boston that seems to be forgotten. That said GO BRUINS & GO SOX!

Peace

• Options
    rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 between a rock and a dumb place Posts: 12,632
    I am not a fan of baseball much, but the woman is a Red Sox fan so I get to watch them a lot. Have to say last night's game was kind of fun when it got to the 7, 8, 9 + innings. And Pedroia has got to be the hardest working player out there, he saved that game at least twice
  • Options
    Most runs in the game by a large amount.
    I don't think even the biggest of red Sox fans would have guessed that after watching the team
    they put out there the last 2 months of last season.
    Everyone they brought in gets on base. Victorino, Gomes, Napoli, Drew and Carp all getting on base.
    They really wear down the other teams pitcher.
    Fun to watch.
  • Options
    rick1zoo2 wrote:
    Pedroia has got to be the hardest working player out there.

This!

His jersey is always caked with dirt.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    PearlOfAGirlPearlOfAGirl Posts: 15,993
    Looking awesome so far!! Keep it going boys :thumbup:

Wish you were here...

~RIP Dad
  • Options
    Sawk are playing well too

Peace

• Options
    Lets Go for the sweep today.
  • Options
    cutzcutz Posts: 11,577
    Jake Peavy.

Only had to give up Iglesias and 3 lower-level minor leaguers, and none of those were TOP prospects.

Loved Iglesias's glove, but not sure he'll ever hit. Sox have plenty of SS in the system with Xander Bogaerts ready by next year(MAYBE a September call-up this year?)
  • Options
    adam42381adam42381 Kernersville, NC Posts: 2,505
    I really like the move. I love Iglesias' defense, but the BABIP gods really inflated his average. I just don't think he'll ever hit. Peavy offers a decent replacement for Buchholz if he can't come back.
    I wish I was as fortunate, as fortunate as me.
    WOW!!!!
    This team is fun to watch.
  • Options
    sk8nshoot1sk8nshoot1 Posts: 722
    WOW!!!!
    This team is fun to watch.

Great comeback... As I watched the start of the bottom of the ninth i was thinking, wow there's still alot of people there for a 5 run blow out... They must have known something (and me of little faith)
    1996: Randall's Island I, Hartford
    1998: MSG I, Hartford
    2000: Jones Beach I
    2003: Albany, MSG II, Mansfield II & III, Homdel
    2004: Boston (VFC) I & II
    2006: Albany, Hartford, Boston I and E. Rutherford I
    2008: MSG I & II, Hartford, Mansfield II (saw BostonLou in the FRONT ROW!!) EV-NYC II
    2010: Hartford
    2013 Worcester II, Hartford
    2016 Fenway I
    2018 Wrigley II, Fenway II
  • Options
    Simply amazing!
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,664
    1st place and this thread is deader than Jerry Remy's son's girlfriend

Yep...
  • Options
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Yep...

Really? I'm embarrassed for all Yankees fans.... Wait I'm actually embarrassed for all human beings.
    Sorry. The world doesn't work the way you tell it to.
  • Options
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Yep...

So what exactly is the problem? When the Yankees get into first place then I'll get interested in posting on the Yankees thread. :mrgreen:

Peace

• Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,664
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Yep...

Really? I'm embarrassed for all Yankees fans.... Wait I'm actually embarrassed for all human beings.

Yep....that bad.

Just read the story...yikes.
  • Options
    Oh boy I think the Sox were throwing at Arod. This could get ugly.

Peace

• Options
    Ok now that's done get back to pitching will ya.

Peace

• Options
    Well that all backfired.

Peace

• Options
    g under p wrote:
    Well that all backfired.

Peace

agreed
    Shoes...Shoes for my friends!
  • Options
    Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    That asshole Dumpster should have been thrown out.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful