Options

Boston Red Sox

Comments

• Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,663
    g under p wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    g under p wrote:
    Nice home run swing.....just noticed we have the bearded crew vs the clean shaven crew from NY.

Quite the contrast for arch rivals. 3-1 now

Peace

And here comes the shit talk....

It's because the Yankees are adults, and act like grown men :lol:

I know you MIGHT be joking but I know you have NEVER EVER seen me write ANY SORT of talk on here or elsewhere. Besides I was only speaking if what I saw which was a long looping home run swing which in turn caused a home run 3-1. Which led to a 9-2 win I only state the obvious thank you.

Peace

I was talking about me talking shit about those bearded sons of bitches.
  • Options
    cutzcutz Posts: 11,572
    AL EAST CHAMPIONS!!!!!
  • Options
    g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,138
    cutz wrote:
    AL EAST CHAMPIONS!!!!!

It's been a pretty good year so far for this bearded crew.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    g under p wrote:
    cutz wrote:
    AL EAST CHAMPIONS!!!!!

Peace

I'm with you ;) Super psyched!!! A little worried about pitching, but they've made it this far... :clap: :thumbup:

Wish you were here...

~RIP Dad
  • Options
    g under p wrote:
    cutz wrote:
    AL EAST CHAMPIONS!!!!!

Peace

I'm with you ;) Super psyched!!! A little worried about pitching, but they've made it this far... :clap: :thumbup:

Get BEARDED!

http://www.yawkeywaystore.com/shop/nike ... /2115.aspx

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    Too funny g under p ;) Wish I could get to a game. Have a good feeling after the disaster last year. New managers make a BIG different. Don't think anyone liked B.V. Bad move... :corn:

Wish you were here...

~RIP Dad
  • Options
    Too funny g under p ;) Wish I could get to a game. Have a good feeling after the disaster last year. New managers make a BIG different. Don't think anyone liked B.V. Bad move... :corn:

Not many liked him BV but there was some eyed for a change in the club house. I'm just not sure if he was the change they needed. I also have a good feeling about this team after such a disasterous year last year.

Peace

• Options
    gregkitefangregkitefan Posts: 1,115
    Let's go Sox!!
    Rays are a tough team.
    Hopefully the great regular season continues into the postseason.
    Rain could be a factor today.
    Need to get Moore's pitch count up early.
    Middlebrooks needs to do something against the two lefties in Fenway.
  • Options
    xavier mcdanielxavier mcdaniel Somewhere in NYC Posts: 9,135
    A lot of experience for the Red Sox in the postseason so it should be interesting.

http://gothamhub.com/2013/10/are-you-ex ... ostseason/
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
  • Options
    OK Great first win.
    Not much went wrong that game.
  • Options
    OK Great first win.
    Not much went wrong that game.

They have a tough nut to crack tomorrow going up against TB's David Price. So this game 1 win was crucial against this very good and well coached team.

Peace

• Options
    Up 2- none.
    Hitting is on fire.
    Dustin playing great D.
    Bullpen was great today.
    One more to the ALCS.
  • Options
    Nice to get the early lead and it keeps the crowd slightly quiet.

Git er dunn SOX

PEACE

• Options
    That was a couple very nice plays right there, now use it to get some hits now.

Peace

• Options
    adam42381adam42381 Kernersville, NC Posts: 2,505
    Tonight sucked. Please make sure tomorrow does not.
    I wish I was as fortunate, as fortunate as me.
    ratmandoratmando Outside of Portland, or somewhere like that Posts: 347
    My laptop case is MLB sox, I use Red Sox towels, my brother works at Fenway so I have a brick, (his and hers) in front of Yawkey Way. Been a red sox nation member for years... (new card every year, but I change my middle name depending upon my mood for the line up..). The doll over my bureau is Greenmonstah. I also have a Mr. Red Sox Putadah head. My first game was when I was 8, (I started late, huh?), and Fred Lynn was eating at McDonalds across the street, where I got his autograph. I have met six players...but my sistah got to have a BBQ with Papi. I also have a Cubs collection and an Oakland A's collection. But my two other teams are the Giants and the former Annaheim Angels. ( can't call them LA Angels, I just can't). My sister is more nutty- she goes to training camp every year, and to every single event at Fenway, (helps having the brother there). (Boston born, boston bred, thick in the ahm, thick in thuh head). Cubs are my second fave and always will be cos a family member worked for them announcing for 20 something years. I also lived in Chi-town for a bit and Wrigley is the last of the great stadiums. (but yep, I do have a piece of fenway, why doya ask?) :corn: And...I WANT TONY BACK!!!!!!!
    When I hear music, I fear no danger. I am invulnerable. I see no foe. I am related to the earliest times, and to the latest.

Henry David Thoreau
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    adam42381 wrote:
    Tonight sucked. Please make sure tomorrow does not.

Fucking Keystone cops in the infield during that eight inning. Gah! It was just painful.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    DiRtyFranK38DiRtyFranK38 Posts: 3,131
    So pumped..

Think we'll be playing Tigers or A's next?
    2006: Hartford
    2008: MSG 1, Hartford, Mansfield 2, Ed Solo NYC 1
    2009: London (O2), Philly 1, 2, 3, & 4
    2010: Hartford, Boston, MSG 1 & 2
    2011: Ed Solo Hartford
    2012: Philly (MIA Fest)
    2013: Worcester 2, Brooklyn 1 & 2, Hartford
  • Options
    PillowPantsPillowPants Posts: 4,874
    games during the woosta shows... i hope it's in oakland and therefore later
  • Options
    One team down out of possibly 3...keeps the beards growing and ready to go.

GO SOX

peace

• Options
    High five!!! Gotta get to a bar before Worcester 1 and catch the game. :thumbup:
  • Options
    adam42381adam42381 Kernersville, NC Posts: 2,505
    Tonight was fun.
    I wish I was as fortunate, as fortunate as me.
    WildsWilds Posts: 4,329
    Not a bad day to be a Boston fan...:-D
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    Papi! Papi! Papi!
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    Wilds wrote:
    Not a bad day to be a Boston fan...:-D

Man can you ever say that again....did the BRUINS play too. :)

Peace

• Options
    Just wanted to drop in and say hi. In Brady's radio interview this morning, he called yesterday "the clutchiest day in Boston sports history"
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • Options
    Does anyone remember Channel 38 playing the Nutcracker Rock song.. or Channel 7 playing:
    It's 7 o'clock in the city
    the red sox are playing today.
    the hats are on heads in old Boston
    The game is now under way...
    Hey Hey Red Sox, we're all here to lend you a hand
    Yo, Yo, Red Sox, the best dog gone team i the land..
    The Best Dog Gone team in the laaaaand?
    I sing it every time they play. that and I still can't figure out sweet caroline.
    When I hear music, I fear no danger. I am invulnerable. I see no foe. I am related to the earliest times, and to the latest.

Henry David Thoreau
  • Options
    ratmando wrote:
    Does anyone remember Channel 38 playing the Nutcracker Rock song.. or Channel 7 playing:
    It's 7 o'clock in the city
    the red sox are playing today.
    the hats are on heads in old Boston
    The game is now under way...
    Hey Hey Red Sox, we're all here to lend you a hand
    Yo, Yo, Red Sox, the best dog gone team i the land..
    The Best Dog Gone team in the laaaaand?
    I sing it every time they play. that and I still can't figure out sweet caroline.

My uncle in Worcester called me here in Florida just to say he couldn't be happier for what happened yesterday.

Peace

• Options
    My brother kindly sent this to me... and then facebooked it.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MDWi9vZYEK4&feature=share&wadsworth=1

Henry David Thoreau
  • Options
    Took my son to game 1. Last night made the pain go away.

Peace.

http://s787.photobucket.com/user/Halifax2TheMax/library/?view=recent&page=1
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN; 05/04/2024 & 05/06/2024, Vancouver, BC; 05/10/2024, Portland, OR;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©