Boston Red Sox

Comments

• This team makes me sick
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    ehhh dont worry only 5 out of the WC
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • IndifferenceIndifference Posts: 2,679
    RIP Johnny Pesky.

SHOW COUNT: (157) 1990's=3, 2000's=53, 2010/20's=97, US=116, CAN=15, Europe=20 ,New Zealand=2, Australia=2
    Mexico=1, Colombia=1 

Upcoming:   Ohana x2  Aucklandx2, Gold Coast, Melbournex2

• adam42381adam42381 Posts: 2,505
    yLZNH.jpg
    I wish I was as fortunate, as fortunate as me.
    Sad to hear the passing of Johnny Pesky.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,723
    That's too bad. A long, great life though. Yanks had a moment of silence tonight for him. And Jeter....

“He was always so nice to me throughout the years. Every time I’d see him, he would come over and say, ‘I hope you get four hits today – and the guy behind you hits into four double plays.’ I’ve always enjoyed having the opportunity to talk to him," Yankees captain Derek Jeter said.

“I always like the fact that we have a lot of ex-players that come around all the time. I always liked going up [to Boston] and having an opportunity to see him. They loved him there; fans, players, media, everyone loved him. I send my best wishes to his family.”
    God this is so awesome

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/bobby-vale ... alez-.html

So much good stuff in there, but this is just the best....

From the beginning of the Red Sox's courtship of Valentine this offseason to the double-barreled votes of confidence last week, the match of the hard-nosed Bobby V with the laissez-faire Boston clubhouse seemed tenuous at best. It has proven far worse, personified best perhaps by a picture circulating around via text message, according to a fourth source.

Pedroia, notorious among teammates for his wit and humor, is in the foreground with a giddy smile, his tongue wagging and both thumbs up. Next to him is allegedly Valentine, face down on a table, apparently asleep. A caption accompanies the picture: "Our manager contemplating his lineup at 3:30 p.m."

Man, I dislike both of them, but wow, the de facto captain of your team doing that...what an embarassment. And you thought things couldn't get worse than last season.
  • cutzcutz Posts: 11,772
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    God this is so awesome

From the beginning of the Red Sox's courtship of Valentine this offseason to the double-barreled votes of confidence last week, the match of the hard-nosed Bobby V with the laissez-faire Boston clubhouse seemed tenuous at best. It has proven far worse, personified best perhaps by a picture circulating around via text message, according to a fourth source.

Pedroia, notorious among teammates for his wit and humor, is in the foreground with a giddy smile, his tongue wagging and both thumbs up. Next to him is allegedly Valentine, face down on a table, apparently asleep. A caption accompanies the picture: "Our manager contemplating his lineup at 3:30 p.m."

Man, I dislike both of them, but wow, the de facto captain of your team doing that...what an embarassment. And you thought things couldn't get worse than last season.

I take this TABLOID sport reporting with a grain of salt.
    cutz wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    God this is so awesome

Nah, way too many specifics for this not to be true.
    I always preface everything I post written by Pete Abe by saying he is not my favorite and he has a lot of personal bias, but wow...

http://www.boston.com/sports/baseball/r ... est_r.html
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,928
    just heard buster olney say the boston situation is gonna blow "like krakatoa and mt. st. helens rolled into one" :shock:
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • From Toronto. I like Boston Red Sox, but I am disappointed with how they are doing this season. My parents & I will go to New York from August 18 to August 20. On August 19, me, my dad & a friend of his who lives in New York will go see the Red Sox against New York Yankees. This will be the first time I go see these two facing off together. The trip was booked BEFORE we bought the tickets. I am really looking forward to this game.
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    From Toronto. I like Boston Red Sox, but I am disappointed with how they are doing this season. My parents & I will go to New York from August 18 to August 20. On August 19, me, my dad & a friend of his who lives in New York will go see the Red Sox against New York Yankees. This will be the first time I go see these two facing off together. The trip was booked BEFORE we bought the tickets. I am really looking forward to this game.

HAVE FUN my city is the best

hopefully the evil empire crushes your sucky team :mrgreen:
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    cutz wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    God this is so awesome

Nah, way too many specifics for this not to be true.

I don't care if anything is true or not. NONE of that BS should matter when you take the field.

I don't know if you're old enough to remember the A's of the early 70's or not, but that Clubhouse was a ZOO. They fought & did shit ALL of the time. They hated each other, but when they stepped between the white lines they won 3 WS IN-A-ROW!!!

The ONLY reason this is a story cuz the Red Sox are not good.

And that is tabloid sport reporting(if ther not writing about the game).
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,928
    don't worry....carl crawford is only owed another $102.5 MILLION :shock:
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    imalive wrote:

I'm not worried cuz i don't have to pay it> :lol:
  • LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
    cutz wrote:
    imalive wrote:

I'm not worried cuz i don't have to pay it> :lol:
    you go to games? buy merch?
    The Red Sox look like they're about to rid themselves of a clubhouse cancer (Beckett), terrible contract (Crawford) and terrible player (Punto). They had to sacrifice Gonzalez to get it done. 

In return, they're clearing 1/4 of a billion dollars in salaries owed and receiving four of the top 10 prospects in the Dodgers organization. 

I love this deal after looking it over. Maybe Ben Cherington is a genius after all. Now he just needs to fire the worst manager in baseball (Valentine) and bring in somebody new to run the show. Also, they need a pitching coach. How about throwing some of that money at Dave Duncan and see what happens?
    adam42381 wrote:
    The Red Sox look like they're about to rid themselves of a clubhouse cancer (Beckett), terrible contract (Crawford) and terrible player (Punto). They had to sacrifice Gonzalez to get it done. 

In return, they're clearing 1/4 of a billion dollars in salaries owed and receiving four of the top 10 prospects in the Dodgers organization. 

I love this deal after looking it over. Maybe Ben Cherington is a genius after all. Now he just needs to fire the worst manager in baseball (Valentine) and bring in somebody new to run the show. Also, they need a pitching coach. How about throwing some of that money at Dave Duncan and see what happens?

Fucking bananas that you guys are only going to have $39 million committed to next year. That is pretty scary for the AL East, but there isn't a lot out there this year, so it looks to me like it is going to be a rebuilding process. I'd imagine they don't do much this offseason. Doesn't make much sense to dump those salaries to go pick up Greinke and Hamilton. I bet it will be a couple year rebuilding process with them seeing what they have internally and signing free agents as need be. Should be interesting.

I do think this means Bobby V is around at least one more year.
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    The Red Sox brass must have pictures of someone somewhere.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    adam42381 wrote:

Fucking bananas that you guys are only going to have $39 million committed to next year. That is pretty scary for the AL East, but there isn't a lot out there this year, so it looks to me like it is going to be a rebuilding process. I'd imagine they don't do much this offseason. Doesn't make much sense to dump those salaries to go pick up Greinke and Hamilton. I bet it will be a couple year rebuilding process with them seeing what they have internally and signing free agents as need be. Should be interesting.

I do think this means Bobby V is around at least one more year.

I couldn't imagine a guy like Hamilton playing in NY or Boston. Talk about the media driving you to drink! :lol:
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    Think the MLB will ever bail out the Yankees? :lol::lol::lol: WTF? although i'm happy for Bobby V, hope he kicks ass next year and shuts everyone up.
    Think the MLB will ever bail out the Yankees? :lol::lol::lol: WTF? although i'm happy for Bobby V, hope he kicks ass next year and shuts everyone up.

I never thought of it that way! They got a bail out!!!! :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
  • Its the dawn of a new day
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • jmurrayjmurray Posts: 3,538
    They should have gotten Heidi Watney back in the deal!
  • jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    April 2 .. I posted this ...
    jimed14 wrote:
    Bailey might need surgery ... let's face it ...

major-league-theyre-shitty.jpg

... I then went into a work world of hell that was luckily balanced off by entering a new relationship.

So ... been a lost season cheering for the Sox, but hey, if there was a season that was tough to follow them, this was the one. I missed a lot, but didn't really miss much at the same time.

The blockbuster and Montana coming up bring me back ... and GAWD DAMN.

I really wished Crawford worked out better, I always loved him on the Rays. But, it was probably a much needed purging, even, sadly, Gonzalez.

Anyway ... onward we go.

Let's go Sox!!
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • I thought this was a good take by Peter Abraham

http://www.boston.com/sports/baseball/r ... cts_s.html

It's funny they have this kind of season because I've started becoming a regular at a trivia night at a Red Sox bar in the East Village and consider the host, who is a huge Sox fan a good friend.
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
    I thought this was a good take by Peter Abraham

http://www.boston.com/sports/baseball/r ... cts_s.html

It's funny they have this kind of season because I've started becoming a regular at a trivia night at a Red Sox bar in the East Village and consider the host, who is a huge Sox fan a good friend.

You know, I saw this and thought it was a good take, but someone who has read Pete Abe since he left LoHud, he has been ripping these players for a year now, so it's kind of strange coming from him. Everything he says about Crawford seems to be spot on, and he definitely is not too nice to Beckett, but he has literally spent the last year ripping these players, mostly Beckett thought, I guess and he does there.
    jimed14 wrote:
    April 2 .. I posted this ...
    jimed14 wrote:
    Bailey might need surgery ... let's face it ...

major-league-theyre-shitty.jpg

... I then went into a work world of hell that was luckily balanced off by entering a new relationship.

So ... been a lost season cheering for the Sox, but hey, if there was a season that was tough to follow them, this was the one. I missed a lot, but didn't really miss much at the same time.

The blockbuster and Montana coming up bring me back ... and GAWD DAMN.

I really wished Crawford worked out better, I always loved him on the Rays. But, it was probably a much needed purging, even, sadly, Gonzalez.

Anyway ... onward we go.

Let's go Sox!!

Sounds like things are going well. Good to hear.