Boston Red Sox

Comments

• dankinddankind Posts: 20,835
    If there's anyone on this thread that's not going to PJ20, I have two tickets to the Sept. 3 game vs. Texas Rangers that I'd like to trade for another weekend game. I live in enemy territory (NYC), so it's hard to make it to weekday games. My tickets are right field grandstand aisle seats (section 2) -- next to the bleachers (fun!), facing the field (no neck strain) and covered (bring on the rain delay!). I'd like to trade for similar seats (outfield grandstands or bleachers).

I have a post on Boston CL, but people are understandably leery about doing a trade through the mail, so I figured I'd see if anyone here was willing to make the swap. PM me if interested. Thanks.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • FenwayFaithfulFenwayFaithful Posts: 8,626
    Yes, I was very frustrated at the beginning of the season. It's all documented. I'm much better now.

So I was at Fenway yesterday afternoon with my dad. First game for me in almost 2 years. The new mega screens are amazing. I feel reborn walking up to the field level from the concourse. They've done so much work on that place its incredible.

Oh and I just saw we're interested in Garza.
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • I wonder if Youk knows the man himself is now sporting his sticker on his stage gear....

http://www.sfweekly.com/slideshow/eddie ... 746536/35/
    PJ - 36
    EV - 5
    (**Letterman'02, Irving Plaza, Storytellers, Beacon, ACL, Spectrum 3&4, Bridge School '10**)

"Constant recoil,..sometimes life don't leave you alone."
    Let's connect on twitter - @Jeffgorra
  • force-10force-10 Posts: 794
    Well it seems the red sox won´t be having homefield advantage in late october. :D
    IN THE DARK, ALL CATS ARE BLACK.
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    force-10 wrote:
    Well it seems the red sox won´t be having homefield advantage in late october. :D

doesn't matter, it'll be over in 6
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    http://www.boston.com/sports/baseball/r ... et/?page=1

Jose Reyes? I prefer a pitcher. Any thoughts?
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,716
    force-10 wrote:

I know they have been interested in a pitcher (have been said to be interested in Ubaldo along with everyone else) too but do they empty out the farm after Agon? Seems like a lot. I don't see it.
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,182
    Blown oppertunity after after a leadoff double and inability to move the runner over. Come on man.....pitchers rule in this game so far.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    Ok, how many of you on the east coast are still up watching?

:lol:
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    jimed14 wrote:
    Ok, how many of you on the east coast are still up watching?

:lol:

Watching what? :lol: And yes.
    Sox finally push one across in the 16th!

On comes .... oh, Papelbon. :?

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    red-sox-closer-705071.jpg
  • Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    DS1119 wrote:
    red-sox-closer-705071.jpg
    :lol: Is that real?
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • Yellow LedbellyYellow Ledbelly Posts: 3,749
    jimed14 wrote:
    Sox finally push one across in the 16th!

On comes .... oh, Papelbon. :?
    I finally turned it off after the debacle in the 11th. Was pleased this morning but I never could've made it through all 16. It's a pity Josh got screwed out of another W. But its all about the winning. And now I'm a Rays fan for few days.
    All I have to do is revel in the everyday....then do it again tomorrow

They say every sin is deadly but I believe they may be wrong...I'm guilty of all seven and I don't feel too bad at all
  • FenwayFaithfulFenwayFaithful Posts: 8,626
    Fell asleep in the 12th. Mr. Crawford returns tonight. I want 2 triples.
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
    Yes! 2 rbi double, pedroia is back, i believe, for good for the rest of the season. I hope.

Youkilis showed them!!

Too bad wake did not get the win today.

Alright, darnell!! 3 rbi double.

Take that, buck!
  • RW81233RW81233 Posts: 2,393
    Going to the noon-thirty five game today...are there still chances of a fight?
    Draft of Sox schedule for next year ... TWO trips to Oakland, and neither are in April ... pretty happy about that.

Intersting lineup for the Sox v Yanks series as well ... check it ...

http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/red-sox/ ... f-schedule

Oh, and they won today ... :)

Creating a little distance from the Yanks ... 3 games up now ...

Guess all the folks on the east coast are too busy melting.

• The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,527
    we still on for october? ;)
    www.myspace.com
    we still on for october? ;)

I'd book it if I could.

But ... it's all about making the "tournament" ... then, anything can happen.

2000 strikeouts for Wakefield today (as a red sox). Shouldn´t have come out the dugout for the standing ovation. He gave up a grandslam after that! Bad luck!
    Watching the Sox pre-game (yay rain delay) ... did Nick Cafardo really just say the Sox don't need to go after a guy like Hiroki Kuroda because they already have that in ... John Lackey?!?

facepalm-300x197.jpg

For the record, I certainly don't want them to overpay ... but, please, Lackey still cannot be trusted right now. If you can get a guy like Kuroda on the cheap, and noting the Dodgers financial concerns, that may be possible, it's a CERTAIN upgrade.

• jervin007jervin007 Posts: 3,182
    force-10 wrote:
    2000 strikeouts for Wakefield today (as a red sox). Shouldn´t have come out the dugout for the standing ovation. He gave up a grandslam after that! Bad luck!

He did still pull out the win though. One win away from 200 and creeping up on the 192 record of Clemens/Cy Young! Love to see him get 193, but won't happen this year.
    PJ:
    2003 Mansfield: July 2
    2004 Boston: Sept 28 & 29
    2005 Montreal: Sept 15
    2006 Boston: May 24 & 25
    2008 Hartford: June 27, Mansfield: June 28,
    2010 Boston: May 17
    2013 Worcester: Oct 15, Hartford: Oct 25,
    2016 Hampton: April 18, Raleigh: April 20 (cancelled), Columbia: April 21. Quebec: May 5. Boston (Fenway): August 7

EV Solo: Boston 8/2/08, Boston 6/16/11
    On to the 13th after a 2 hour rain delay, who's watching this bad boy? :lol:

There's a 12th inning Marco Scutaro would like to forget:

One out and a man on third, he misses the squeeze sign and Reddick gets nailed in a run down.

Then Scutaro laces one to the wall and gets thrown out at 2nd by about 20 feet.

Oy ... :roll:

the royals just scored on the 14th. Red sox deserve to lose this one after som many chances to win.
    Failed to score twice with a man on 3rd and less than 2 outs in extra innings, indeed, they deserve to lose this one.

Pedroia looking good on the 4th spot! 4 for 4 with 3 runs scored. If he would have been batting on his regular 2nd spot, Gonzalez probably would have much more RBI´s. He currently has 2.
  • gregkitefangregkitefan Posts: 1,115
    This Dustin guy is pretty good.
  • jervin007jervin007 Posts: 3,182
    Ortiz....BOOM! :D
    PJ:
    2003 Mansfield: July 2
    2004 Boston: Sept 28 & 29
    2005 Montreal: Sept 15
    2006 Boston: May 24 & 25
    2008 Hartford: June 27, Mansfield: June 28,
    2010 Boston: May 17
    2013 Worcester: Oct 15, Hartford: Oct 25,
    2016 Hampton: April 18, Raleigh: April 20 (cancelled), Columbia: April 21. Quebec: May 5. Boston (Fenway): August 7

EV Solo: Boston 8/2/08, Boston 6/16/11