Boston Red Sox

Comments

• force-10force-10 Posts: 794
    jervin007 wrote:
    Ortiz....BOOM! :D

and he got his 1000th rbi with the sox with it as well.....
    IN THE DARK, ALL CATS ARE BLACK.
  • FenwayFaithfulFenwayFaithful Posts: 8,626
    Things are not looking good for Clay Buckles today
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • jervin007jervin007 Posts: 3,182

Yeah, I read that. Might be a bone issue in his back? Uh oh. Might see a aggressive pitching move before deadline. I don't know these NL pitchers such as Ubaldo. AL East is a nightmare for most pitchers.
    PJ:
    2003 Mansfield: July 2
    2004 Boston: Sept 28 & 29
    2005 Montreal: Sept 15
    2006 Boston: May 24 & 25
    2008 Hartford: June 27, Mansfield: June 28,
    2010 Boston: May 17
    2013 Worcester: Oct 15, Hartford: Oct 25,
    2016 Hampton: April 18, Raleigh: April 20 (cancelled), Columbia: April 21. Quebec: May 5. Boston (Fenway): August 7

EV Solo: Boston 8/2/08, Boston 6/16/11
    jervin007 wrote:

Yeah, I read that. Might be a bone issue in his back? Uh oh. Might see a aggressive pitching move before deadline. I don't know these NL pitchers such as Ubaldo. AL East is a nightmare for most pitchers.
    No doubt. Same with other NL guys like Kuroda. To think someone like Ubaldo or Kuroda could come in and be a big impact pitcher down the stretch seems unlikely. They were saying on the radio today that Andrew Miller's next start will determine if and when Millwood gets called up. Can we win the WS this year with Beckett, Lester and Lackey (with Wake and Millwood rounding the rotation)? Maybe.
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
    Also, its absolutely astounding to me that with the advancements in modern medicine and equipment the Sox doctors can't figure out what's wrong with a 26 year old's back.
  • jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    I always worry about guys coming over from the NL ... the AL automatically gives your ERA a hike with the DH, then tack on the AL East lineups and the pressure of the northeast media ... some guys just crumble.

At least a guy like Garza has pitched in the AL and I'm guessing the Cubs may be willing to deal him.

The thing I do like about Kuroda and Jimenez ... they are groundball tendancy pitchers. That's a big plus.
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
    Headed deep into the heart of Yankee country this weekend
  • adam42381adam42381 Posts: 2,505
    I'd like to see Theo pull the trigger on the Erik Bedard deal. His upside far outweighs the injury issues in my opinion.
    I wish I was as fortunate, as fortunate as me.
    adam42381 wrote:
    I'd like to see Theo pull the trigger on the Erik Bedard deal. His upside far outweighs the injury issues in my opinion.
    I also favor a deal for bedard over the other rumored possiblities. At least they know he can handle the AL lineups with some success
    All I have to do is revel in the everyday....then do it again tomorrow

They say every sin is deadly but I believe they may be wrong...I'm guilty of all seven and I don't feel too bad at all
    I also favor a deal for bedard over the other rumored possiblities. At least they know he can handle the AL lineups with some success
    Exactly. I'm not sure how Jimenez or Kuroda would fare against AL East lineups. When Bedard is healthy, he legitimately has the potential to be a number 2 or 3 starter on a contender. Obviously, he's rarely healthy, but he is definitely worth taking a shot at.
    Headed deep into the heart of Yankee country this weekend

Hit up the Riv or Professor Thom's if you're feeling homesick.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • KravenKraven Posts: 829
    Bedard to the Sox by the way. Definitely kind of a band aid move. Sort of reminds me of the Jeff Suppan move in '03, hopefully Bedard is a little more integral to the success of the team. He's going to have to spell Buchholz for likely the rest of the year. I just hope that Lester and Beckett stay injury free for the rest of the season. In fear of a rotation looking like...

Lackey
    Bedard
    Miller
    Wakefield
    Aceves

That is not a rotation I am interested in seeing, except for Wake, he's the man.
    32 shows and counting...
    jimed14 wrote:
    Watching the Sox pre-game (yay rain delay) ... did Nick Cafardo really just say the Sox don't need to go after a guy like Hiroki Kuroda because they already have that in ... John Lackey?!?

facepalm-300x197.jpg

For the record, I certainly don't want them to overpay ... but, please, Lackey still cannot be trusted right now. If you can get a guy like Kuroda on the cheap, and noting the Dodgers financial concerns, that may be possible, it's a CERTAIN upgrade.

I have been home for about 3 minutes and I've seen Lackey give up 2 home runs within 5 pitches.

Fuck this guy.

(cue neilybabes with the laughing emoticon)

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • Slackey
  • Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Posts: 11,346
    Darnell McDonald is still starting for you guys???
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • Darnell McDonald is still starting for you guys???
    He's in tonight because Reddick had a throwing error and was picked off yesterday, according to WEEI. I guess Francoma's giving him a day to think about his actions.
    While he was running around third base, I thought salty wasn´t gonna make it. But the throw was horrible. W!
    I just realized, the sox won 20 games in July. Wow! 6 lost games, with two losses by miller alone. Hopefuly, Bedard will be giving the team a helping hand in august to improve these numbers.

edit. only toronto and tampa are currently above .500 ; the rest of the july opponents are below right now, but still W´s are W´s!
  • jervin007jervin007 Posts: 3,182
    Wow Jacoby crushed that home run last night. Most power I have seen from him to date. Usually he puts them out in right, but dead center? Thats tough to do. He has turned into the Matt Kemp of the american league this year and I am sure Scott Boras loves it.
    PJ:
    2003 Mansfield: July 2
    2004 Boston: Sept 28 & 29
    2005 Montreal: Sept 15
    2006 Boston: May 24 & 25
    2008 Hartford: June 27, Mansfield: June 28,
    2010 Boston: May 17
    2013 Worcester: Oct 15, Hartford: Oct 25,
    2016 Hampton: April 18, Raleigh: April 20 (cancelled), Columbia: April 21. Quebec: May 5. Boston (Fenway): August 7

EV Solo: Boston 8/2/08, Boston 6/16/11
  • gregkitefangregkitefan Posts: 1,115
    Big win last night.
  • Wanna see something wild?

80's threesome at Fenway.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wl7T2NQxEcg&feature=player_embedded#at=126
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,716
    Injuries starting to creep up. Ortiz, Youklis and Gonzalez isn't 100%.
    As long as everyone is good to go in October.

• Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,716
    jimed14 wrote:
    As long as everyone is good to go in October.

Very true. Have a month and a half.
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,182
    Nice to see Carl Crawford crushing the ball for a night...hope he can keep it up.

Carl Crawford Explodes For 5 RBI's, Showing Signs Of Long Awaited Hot Streak

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• g under p wrote:
    Nice to see Carl Crawford crushing the ball for a night...hope he can keep it up.

Carl Crawford Explodes For 5 RBI's, Showing Signs Of Long Awaited Hot Streak

Peace
    To me, if Crawford does keep performing the way he is capable of and as long as the other guys don't start dropping like flies....he could be the difference in the Sox winning the division....and in October.... :D
    All I have to do is revel in the everyday....then do it again tomorrow

They say every sin is deadly but I believe they may be wrong...I'm guilty of all seven and I don't feel too bad at all
    The offense really clicked the past couple nights in Texas. Good win last night.
    Wow ... we're all hibernating until October, eh?

:lol:

• jimed14 wrote:
    Wow ... we're all hibernating until October, eh?

:lol:

Only during the good times....weak ;):lol:
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......