Boston Red Sox

Comments

• Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    YOOOOOUUUUUKKKKK is out tonight. I am seriously enjoying this.

Please note, as with Neily, I think they will make it based on schedules but this is fun to watch.
    Yep. Boston gets the easy schedule to end the season.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,920
    32113.jpg
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • This wouldnt be an issue if we could actually WIN A FUCKIN GAME THE FIRST TWO GAMES OF APRIL!!!!!!!!!! I hate this.

Luckily I'm going to Cooperstown with my Dad for our yearly trip to take my mind off our offense and bullpen sucking and having to watch fuckin Slackey and Scott Weiland give up 6 runs in 4 innings. I'm tired of this bullshit. They need to start acting like professionals and earn their paychecks. Please please please let Beckett and Lester pitch well this weekend.
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,716
    This wouldnt be an issue if we could actually WIN A FUCKIN GAME THE FIRST TWO GAMES OF APRIL!!!!!!!!!! I hate this.

Luckily I'm going to Cooperstown with my Dad for our yearly trip to take my mind off our offense and bullpen sucking and having to watch fuckin Slackey and Scott Weiland give up 6 runs in 4 innings. I'm tired of this bullshit. They need to start acting like professionals and earn their paychecks. Please please please let Beckett and Lester pitch well this weekend.

No the biggest Pete Abe fan, but I thought this was very well done.

http://www.boston.com/sports/baseball/r ... ve_ti.html

Enjoy. Where do you stay?
    Carl Crawford 2011 WAR: 0.1
    Jesus Montero 2011 WAR: 0.3

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
  • KravenKraven Posts: 829
    Big win tonight! The Sox will leave this series at least 2 games up on the Rays for the wildcard. That makes me feel a lot better. I like that Peter Abraham's article, if this team goes on a tear like they did in I think it was June, then they could be unbeatable. I just hope they don't pull this Jekyll and Hyde shit in the playoffs if they make it. How it stands right now the Sox would play the Tigers which I am perfectly OK with, let the Yankees and Rangers beat the shit out of each other.
    32 shows and counting...
  • adam42381adam42381 Posts: 2,505
    Big win last night. I think it's because I posted the Porch video from Pinkpop in the game thread on SoSH. Yeah, I definitely helped them win.
    I wish I was as fortunate, as fortunate as me.
    I've been a fan since 71-72' and I just don't understand all this talk about being in a state of panic. Last I checked the Sox were up on the Rays and as long as they are all will be well. YES, it is frustrating but that is to be expected but if they fail to make the playoffs it will be as dissappointing as the Bruins failure to the Flyers. However, we do know what they did the following year and ALL is forgotten. :D

Now there was a time when you had to win the division to get in the playoffs but with the wildcard it's much easier now. I've been through some very, very tough Red Sox failures and these tough times don't come close in comparison so hang in there and ALL will be well....it better.....finally get to see some games last night and the rest of the series.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• 5 game lead going into Price vs. Wakefield.
    I will be what i could be
    Once I get out of this town

9/29/04;6/27/08;6/30/08;8/23/09;08/24/09;5/17/10
  • Well today's game is it..2 up or 4 up

Sox win today and the rays are done...

Go rays :mrgreen:
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,182
    Well today's game is it..2 up or 4 up

Sox win today and the rays are done...

Go rays :mrgreen:

Be careful what you wish for my friend. You know very well the Sox will there or you wouldn't be wasting your time here looking foolish. :D:lol::D

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

Could be only 2 games up shortly.
    Down 6-2 and in the middle of a possible horrible collapse and the fans are doing the wave. :lol::lol:
  • RW81233RW81233 Posts: 2,393
    Sox fans doing the wave at a time like this? Nooooo, never. Don't we all know they have the smartest, most sophisticated Front Office and Fans? Surely, you jest.

The in-laws come down for my wife's b-day late next week for 4-5 days, suffice to say if this happens they will be here for it and I've waited a long time to get my father-in-law back for '07. When the Brewers got eliminated on the next to last day or third to last (whatever) he asked me no less than 5 times "what does this mean for the Brewers." At first I responded that it was all over for us, then I got on to what he was doing so I kept my cool and kept saying "it's all over for us". I've been waiting for 4 years to ask him "what does this mean for the Red Sox" if they get eliminated and I get to be present for it.
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,527
    the wave should be outlawed
    www.myspace.com
  • 3 run game.... cmonnnnnnnnn

• 2 games.. lets go yanks and bring on the o's.

• yikes...
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
    This sounds confident

I want to end the diary saying something to the fans of Boston. I just want to say I’m sorry for the year I’ve had. You guys have been really supportive and I appreciate that. Hopefully when we get into these playoffs, I can be the real Carl Crawford that I know I am. We’ll see.
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    slip sliding away.....

who plays how over the last few games. yikes.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,182
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    This sounds confident

I want to end the diary saying something to the fans of Boston. I just want to say I’m sorry for the year I’ve had. You guys have been really supportive and I appreciate that. Hopefully when we get into these playoffs, I can be the real Carl Crawford that I know I am. We’ll see.

.....And we shall see. Again careful what you wish for...the Sox will be fine still 2 games up right.

Peace

g under p wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    This sounds confident

.....And we shall see. Again careful what you wish for...the Sox will be fine still 2 games up right.

Peace

That they are and they have a decent road ahead, aside from the fact they have Weiland and Lackey pitching in a gigantic doubleheader.
    2-0
  • Cliffy6745 wrote:
    2-0
    4-1... you cant win from behind.. jesus christ.

Cliffy6745 wrote:
    2-0

5-1
  • Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    2-0

5-1
    yep. need some runs, time to start swinging.

• I am beyond frustrated/angry with this team. BTW Cliffy, Brewery Ommegang says hi.
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • I am beyond frustrated/angry with this team. BTW Cliffy, Brewery Ommegang says hi.
    Me too. I almost dont wanna watch it.. but I have too.

I am beyond frustrated/angry with this team. BTW Cliffy, Brewery Ommegang says hi.

I am sure. This is unreal. Nice man, I hope to say hello to Ommegang in early November. Hope it was a good time.
  • :roll: we get one back and give one right up...