Boston Red Sox

Comments

• Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    polaris_x wrote:
    Kraven wrote:
    blown call by the ump.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

:x
    Just saw it on Sportscenter. Definite blown call.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • FenwayFaithfulFenwayFaithful Posts: 8,626
    Here we go again with the injuries. Dice, Buckles, Joshy gets the shits, now Lester pulls a lat muscle.
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
    Tito just told the Big Show that Lester to the DL is "very possible". Shit.
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,527
    http://sports.espn.go.com/boston/mlb/ne ... id=6743165
    www.myspace.com
    http://sports.espn.go.com/boston/mlb/ne ... id=6743165
    Thanks kid. This sucks. So we now have Beckett, Lackey, Wakefield, Andrew Miller, and Alfredo Aceves for our rotation. Sweet.
    Patchwork pitching and a whole bunch of offense keeps us going.

Annnddd we're in first place. Eat it Yankee fans. This shit's for real.
  • SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 25,425

Go Cubs???
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....

Chill son. It's only July.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • brother123brother123 Posts: 792
    Newch91 wrote:

Chill son. It's only July.

Hate the Yankees as much as the next Sox fan but I'd have to agree. It's only a half game and I don't see the Yanks getting on a losing streak that will make any significance.
    Gotta take pleasure in the small things though
  • brother123brother123 Posts: 792
    I agree. It's even more gratifying given the team below
  • jervin007jervin007 Posts: 3,182
    Damn, 6 HR's for the sox. Gotta love those offensive outbursts!
    PJ:
    2003 Mansfield: July 2
    2004 Boston: Sept 28 & 29
    2005 Montreal: Sept 15
    2006 Boston: May 24 & 25
    2008 Hartford: June 27, Mansfield: June 28,
    2010 Boston: May 17
    2013 Worcester: Oct 15, Hartford: Oct 25,
    2016 Hampton: April 18, Raleigh: April 20 (cancelled), Columbia: April 21. Quebec: May 5. Boston (Fenway): August 7

EV Solo: Boston 8/2/08, Boston 6/16/11
  • jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    I get home early, crack a beer ... turn on the game ... and, it's 7-0 ... in the first. Damn.

Looks rainy, I hope this gets to be official.
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • tcaporaletcaporale Posts: 1,577
    Reading the past two posts I thought that Boston had six home runs in one inning.

As much as I dislike the Red Sox, that would be pretty incredible.

Turns out only Ortiz has one so far, though.
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,959
    Kevin Gregg is a douche, and I wish Ortiz actually nailed him on the chin. Pretty funny to see that big ol' jolly dude awkwardly throwin' fists.
    ALSO, what's with this dude with the Devils logo in Bruins garb? Do I smell fraud?
    ALSO, what's with this dude with the Devils logo in Bruins garb? Do I smell fraud?
    No shit, right? Was wondering the same thing.
    No shit, right? Was wondering the same thing.

Gotta say, it shouldn't bother me, but it does big time. Maybe it's just the asshole in me, and others in the Philly threads, but this dude would be called out in no time in there. I wouldn't even want to hear his input on the Sawx for that matter if I was a Boston fan.

Oh, and congratulations on your Stanley Cup, you sonofabitch.
    I once knew someone in college that liked the red sox AND the yankees, so anything's possible
    :shock:
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,714
    Injuries I won't cheer for, but suspensions I will gladly take. Thanks Ortiz.
    And one other question, why can't you guys fight? First varitek with his mask, then youk with his helmet throwing followed by getting body slammed now Ortiz throws a punch that missed by 3.2 miles. Come on guys, if your gonna act tough and fight, at least don't embarrass yourself.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    And one other question, why can't you guys fight? First varitek with his mask, then youk with his helmet throwing followed by getting body slammed now Ortiz throws a punch that missed by 3.2 miles. Come on guys, if your gonna act tough and fight, at least don't embarrass yourself.

Yeah, guys, don't embarrass yourselves.....

;)
    Arod%20ball%20slap.jpg
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Yeah, guys, don't embarrass yourselves.....

;)
    Arod%20ball%20slap.jpg

Touche.
    You know its bad when the Phillies fans stick up for us.

Oh yeah, and Clemens was real mature for throwing that half a bat at Mikey Pizza all those years ago. Revisionist history as always from the Yankee fans.
    I wouldn't say sticking up as much as I can't stand either of ya's. So here ya go...so we're even on the douchery....

28493633_240X180.jpg
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    You know its bad when the Phillies fans stick up for us.

Oh yeah, and Clemens was real mature for throwing that half a bat at Mikey Pizza all those years ago. Revisionist history as always from the Yankee fans.

Juice will do that.,quick history lesson

Pearl jam 10th anniversary show was the same night

I was watching that game in the MGM in Vegas b4 showtime...great night
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
    John Lackey is about as reliable as my ex-fiance.

Guy drives me fucking nuts.

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
    Remember all the nonsense we heard from the Yanks fans in early April ... remember when FenwayFaithful had to be talked off the ledge ... several times?

Well ... here we are at the break and the standings ...

East - - - - - - - - - - W - L - Pct
    Boston Red Sox - - - 55 - 35 - .611
    New York Yankees - - - 53 - 35 - .602
    Tampa Bay Rays - - - 49 - 41 - .544
    Toronto Blue Jays - - - 45 - 47 - .489
    Baltimore Orioles - - - 36 - 52 - .409

2 - 10 to start the season, 53 - 25 since (about a .700 winning percentage)

This is while every member of the starting rotation has missed at least one start. Lost Crawford for a good stretch ... I mean, so much hasn't gone according to plan and they have the best record in the AL. Sure doesn't feel like it.

Yet, nothing to get too excited about ... there is still a looooong way to go.

Trade deadline coming up ... it's about to get real interesting.

jimed14 wrote:
    Remember all the nonsense we heard from the Yanks fans in early April ... remember when FenwayFaithful had to be talked off the ledge ... several times?

Well ... here we are at the break and the standings ...

East - - - - - - - - - - W - L - Pct
    Boston Red Sox - - - 55 - 35 - .611
    New York Yankees - - - 53 - 35 - .602
    Tampa Bay Rays - - - 49 - 41 - .544
    Toronto Blue Jays - - - 45 - 47 - .489
    Baltimore Orioles - - - 36 - 52 - .409

2 - 10 to start the season, 53 - 25 since (about a .700 winning percentage)

This is while every member of the starting rotation has missed at least one start. Lost Crawford for a good stretch ... I mean, so much hasn't gone according to plan and they have the best record in the AL. Sure doesn't feel like it.

Yet, nothing to get too excited about ... there is still a looooong way to go.

Trade deadline coming up ... it's about to get real interesting.
    Remember that the Yankees still have a few make up games, also. It's going to be an exciting pennant race this summer.