Boston Red Sox

Comments

• KravenKraven Posts: 829
    Daisuke pitched 5 shutout innings today with only 1 walk. That's amazing for him. Lowered his ERA from 11 something to 7 something.
    32 shows and counting...
  • FenwayFaithfulFenwayFaithful Posts: 8,626
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • PearlOfAGirlPearlOfAGirl Posts: 15,993
    Welcome Back Dustin Pedroia!!! :clap::clap::clap:

Wish you were here...

~RIP Dad
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,181
    Hey HSB going to see the Sox on the 24th right after my Domestic Violence class. That should be perfect A'S our weather here and in Jupiter has been perfect.

GO SOX!

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

Sox take on the Phils on ESPN today at 1
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925

Thanks for reminding me. I thought I heard somewhere it was Lester v Halladay, I hope its true.

Yes it is! Win!
    32 shows and counting...
    Kraven wrote:

Thanks for reminding me. I thought I heard somewhere it was Lester v Halladay, I hope its true.

Yes it is! Win!
    My buddy was at the parade in Southie yesterday and said he saw someone wearing a shirt with a big shamrock and charlie sheen in the middle. Underneath it said "Kiss me, I'm Winning!" Priceless.

Lester looks so good. Can't wait for next Friday.
  • smarcheesmarchee Posts: 14,539
    hey I just picked up Lackey for my fantasy team

What's the scouting report on him this spring Sox fans?
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2008 ~ Hartford, Mansfied I,
    2009 ~ Toronto, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010 ~ Cleveland, Buffalo
    2011 ~ Toronto I, Toronto II, Ottawa, Hamilton
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
    smarchee wrote:
    hey I just picked up Lackey for my fantasy team

What's the scouting report on him this spring Sox fans?
    My take on Lackey, to paraphrase our football coach, he is what he is. He even admitted during spring training that people give him too much credit. He's not a top of the rotation guy, will never win a Cy Young or 20 games in his career, he doesn't strike a ton of guys out and doesn't have dazzling stuff. That being said, playing on this team, he'll rack up wins. I think he has a bounceback year, but manage those expectations. He walks guys. He gives up runs and long balls. At least he's better than AJ Burnett.
  • adam42381adam42381 Posts: 2,505
    The wife and I are headed to our last spring training game tonight - Rays @ Sox. The Sox are 0-3 in the games we attended, so hopefully they bring it tonight. Go Sox!
    I wish I was as fortunate, as fortunate as me.
    8 days till Opening Day
    8 days till Opening Day
    I'm so psyched this year!!! :clap::clap::clap:

Wish you were here...

~RIP Dad
  • adam42381adam42381 Posts: 2,505
    adam42381 wrote:
    The wife and I are headed to our last spring training game tonight - Rays @ Sox. The Sox are 0-3 in the games we attended, so hopefully they bring it tonight. Go Sox!
    Well we jinxed them again on Tuesday. Sox limping into the regular season. I just keep reminding myself, "Spring Training games don't matter. Spring Training games don't matter. Spring Training games don't matter."
    I wish I was as fortunate, as fortunate as me.
    Watched last night's Sox-Twins game...

The good: Darnell McDonald is killing it right now. Double and a triple last night. Also, Dice-K pitched 6 innings, 1 run

The bad: Dan Wheeler and Bobby Jenks surrendering 7 runs in 2 innings combined. That was pathetic.

Still spring training I know, but at some point Jenks and Wheeler need to get guys out consistently. I'm a little worried about this already.
    They'll turn it around by this Friday :thumbup: *fingers crossed* ;):mrgreen:

Wish you were here...

~RIP Dad
  • jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    Are we really on the cusp of opening day?

Holy crap.

Just went to the Oakland A's site. I can get tix 15 rows off the field for the Wednesday day game in April. One small benefit of having a shithole of a stadium near you, great seats when the Sox are in town!
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
    Guess I missed meeting the world famous jimed14 at Tres Mts Sunday. Grab those tickets my friend, it's gonna be a great year. I think there are BIG things in store for this team. Cannot wait for Friday.
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,714
    I hear Boston is the next 1927 Yankees. Heres to another injury plagued, frustrating season like 2010.

Good luck... Not really.
    Watched last night's Sox-Twins game...

The good: Darnell McDonald is killing it right now. Double and a triple last night. Also, Dice-K pitched 6 innings, 1 run

The bad: Dan Wheeler and Bobby Jenks surrendering 7 runs in 2 innings combined. That was pathetic.

Still spring training I know, but at some point Jenks and Wheeler need to get guys out consistently. I'm a little worried about this already.

Well to be fair weren't six of them by Jenks?
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    I hear Boston is the next 1927 Yankees.
    Good luck... Not really.

I thought the 2004 Red Sox were the 1927 Yanks...
    32 shows and counting...
  • Release MeRelease Me Posts: 337
    good to see Beckett throwing as well as he is paid...
  • Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    I hear Boston is the next 1927 Yankees. Heres to another injury plagued, frustrating season like 2010.

Good luck... Not really.
    Who would make that comparison?
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
    Newch91 wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Good luck... Not really.

The media makes this comparison, ESPN certainly exagerrates how good the Sox will be.

Then, Yankee fans who get annoyed that Karl Ravech and his toupee or the cast of the MLB network or the Pecota projections are fawning over the Sox and picking them to win the east, they project those comments onto Sox fans ... and voilà, Yankee fans assume all Red Sox fans are blind morons who project this team to win 125 games.

It's been a spring tradition for a few years now.

I blame Karl Ravech's hairpiece.

ravech2.jpg

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
    And let's just say I was a little under the weather when I posted that.
    Great game yesterday boys!!!! :clap::clap::clap:

Wish you were here...

~RIP Dad
    http://www1.whdh.com/news/articles/sports/13003926435581/fenway-looks-to-sell-more-mixed-drinks/

I'm torn on this. It could be a colossal mistake to have hard booze at Fenway. Gin and Tonic, anyone?
    Well ... we're a half game behind the Yankees.

EVERYONE ... PANIC!!!!!

jimed14 wrote:
    Well ... we're a half game behind the Yankees.

EVERYONE ... PANIC!!!!!

You guys should just give up now, I don't really see a need to play the rest of the games.
  • tcaporaletcaporale Posts: 1,577
    jimed14 wrote:
    Newch91 wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Good luck... Not really.

The media makes this comparison, ESPN certainly exagerrates how good the Sox will be.

Then, Yankee fans who get annoyed that Karl Ravech and his toupee or the cast of the MLB network or the Pecota projections are fawning over the Sox and picking them to win the east, they project those comments onto Sox fans ... and voilà, Yankee fans assume all Red Sox fans are blind morons who project this team to win 125 games.

It's been a spring tradition for a few years now.

I blame Karl Ravech's hairpiece.

ravech2.jpg
    Kinda true actually, they've really been pouring on the praise. Barry Larkin projected Francona for Manager of the Year, Lester for Cy Young, Gonzalez for MVP, and apparently you're going to have a batting champ in your lineup as well.
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    http://www1.whdh.com/news/articles/sports/13003926435581/fenway-looks-to-sell-more-mixed-drinks/

I'm torn on this. It could be a colossal mistake to have hard booze at Fenway. Gin and Tonic, anyone?

and i was a afraid to come to Fenway before this
    tcaporale wrote:
    Kinda true actually, they've really been pouring on the praise. Barry Larkin projected Francona for Manager of the Year, Lester for Cy Young, Gonzalez for MVP, and apparently you're going to have a batting champ in your lineup as well.

Logically, a manager that has the Cy Young winner, the MVP and the batting champ on the same team would not have to do much managing and therefore should not win manager of the year.