Boston Red Sox

Comments

• FenwayFaithfulFenwayFaithful Posts: 8,626
    jimed14 wrote:
    Just wanted to let you know jimed14, you were with us in spirit Saturday in Hartford and last night in Boston.

I wore my Jim Rice jersey in Hartford.

what sucks, if there were 2 shows, I would have flown out ...oh well, I've been to many of the great Boston shows before .... congrats for being there, looks like such a killer show.
    Next time buddy.

I'll buy ya a beer at the preparty.
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    :thumbup:

same to you if you're ever on the west coast.
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,506
    you guys looking forward to your beat down this weekend?

:lol:
    www.myspace.com
    Funny little game, this baseball.

Sox come back from 5 down, again ... this time off Fat Joba and Rivera, and this time, the Sox hold on.

Papelbon saves it ... makes a great play on a hot shot up the middle to prevent the tying run coming home in the bottom of the 9th.

McDonald and Hermida get hits in the 9th.

Thames, the walk off hero last night ... makes a costly error.

wiggida wiggida wack

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
    Nice win. We'll take anything we can get. Hermida just keeps getting on base.
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,778
    jimed14 wrote:
    Funny little game, this baseball.

Sox come back from 5 down, again ... this time off Fat Joba and Rivera, and this time, the Sox hold on.

Papelbon saves it ... makes a great play on a hot shot up the middle to prevent the tying run coming home in the bottom of the 9th.

McDonald and Hermida get hits in the 9th.

Thames, the walk off hero last night ... makes a costly error.

wiggida wiggida wack

they should had let Cervelli hit.
    I miss igotid88
    a better summary of tonight's game ...
    whoops

you guys looking forward to your beat down this weekend?

no, not looking forward to it?

www.myspace.com
    It's a 3 game series against an NL team in the middle of May. Might as well be a series vs the Royals.

We're not going to play your shit games jeagler. It's baseball ... relax and enjoy the game.

• Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,712
    DL for Beckett
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    DL for Beckett

and the hits just keep on comin' ...

I guess Girardi can take back his protest from last night, Beckett wasn't faking it.

jimed14 wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    DL for Beckett

and the hits just keep on comin' ...

I guess Girardi can take back his protest from last night, Beckett wasn't faking it.

I am sure that huge extension just has you smiling right now.

Yeah, I don't think he necessarily thought they were faking it, just the way Farrell handled it. Speaking of? How long of a leash does he get?
    it's better that Beckett misses a few starts in May than in September (note, I didn't say October :? ).

For sure, and a minor leagues start or two to try and get his shit figured out cant hurt him either.
    Buchholz with a gem. Man the Sox, notably their bullpen, needed that.

Quietly, Ortiz is up around .250 with 8 home runs.

Still, need guys to get healthy and need better pitching if they are going to get their heads well over .500

• PearlOfAGirlPearlOfAGirl Posts: 15,993
    Let's Go Red Sox!!!!

Wish you were here...

~RIP Dad
    http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/blog/big_le ... mlb,242467

hahahahhahahahahhahahhahahahahhahahahhahahahha
    jimed14 wrote:
    It's a 3 game series against an NL team in the middle of May. Might as well be a series vs the Royals.

We're not going to play your shit games jeagler. It's baseball ... relax and enjoy the game.

spoken like a fan of a team hovering around the .500 mark :lol::lol::lol:

GO PHILS!
    www.myspace.com
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

He looks like MacGruber!!! Absolutely classic!

jimed14 wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

He looks like MacGruber!!! Absolutely classic!

haha, i didnt think of that. He really does though.
    Good for him for taking a night off to go to a PJ show, still has to be one of the coolest GMs around ...

BDD_TE_0525_angier.jpg

vedder.jpg

Another stong outing from a starter, that's TWO in a row. << faints >>

Lester with a nice complete game. Two games where the bullpen could rest which is key heading into an NL park.

• jimed14 wrote:

Lester and Buchholz are the only reasons I have any hope of a playoff push this year... Although I'm afraid Buchhy will lose his mental edge somewhere down the line.

....I'm back to my pre- 2004 pessimistic ways.
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,181
    jimed14 wrote:

Lester and Buchholz are the only reasons I have any hope of a playoff push this year... Although I'm afraid Buchhy will lose his mental edge somewhere down the line.

....I'm back to my pre- 2004 pessimistic ways.

After what the Sox have done in the last decade i'll never have anything pessimistic when thinking of the Sox. They WILL ALWAYS be good with me till 2017. Hopefully they'll take a few more Series before then.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• is this really an issue in Boston, or is yahoo going overboard with this?
    is this really an issue in Boston, or is yahoo going overboard with this?

what, the Theo thing? I'm not in Boston, so I don't know the feel for the story there, but, I'd lean towards it's not a big deal at all. I'm guessing it's more that it was fodder for shit like the ESPN talk shows like Around the Horn and PTI ... you know, because once one show mentions it, they all gotta mention it.

As for yestrday, well, there's a reason I have Cole Hamels on all my roto teams, he's real good ... Sox got a does of that last night. Let's hope they can they can beat up on Kendrick today (without a DiceK meltdown :? ).

• jimed14 wrote:
    is this really an issue in Boston, or is yahoo going overboard with this?

what, the Theo thing? I'm not in Boston, so I don't know the feel for the story there, but, I'd lean towards it's not a big deal at all. I'm guessing it's more that it was fodder for shit like the ESPN talk shows like Around the Horn and PTI ... you know, because once one show mentions it, they all gotta mention it.

As for yestrday, well, there's a reason I have Cole Hamels on all my roto teams, he's real good ... Sox got a does of that last night. Let's hope they can they can beat up on Kendrick today (without a DiceK meltdown :? ).

yeah, the Theo thing. I saw 2 stories on Yahoo about it, and they were so over the top dramatic. i mean, wearing a disguise is kinda stupid, and there probably wouldnt even be a story if he wasn't trying to hide himself. But still, who cares?
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,777
    Sorry I take blame on breaking up Dice K's no no. I posted on facebook that he had one going on and as soon as i did, Castro broke it up. :lol:

Props to Dice K pitched a great game against one of the best hitting teams in baseball :clap:
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
    If only the Sox could beat up Halladay like this when he was in Toronto. :shock:

No kidding, right? Halladay didn't look like himself, especially in the 5th & 6th. Taking 2 of 3 in Philly is nice. If we can do the same down in Tampa this week, things will start to look a little better in the standings. The nice thing is after Tampa, we bring in the Royals with cheese to beat up on in Fenway next weekend.