Boston Red Sox

Comments

• Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,710
    Wow, Pete Abe left the Yankees beat for the Globe, he has always been a Boston fan and he has this to say....

Middle of the 8th: Yankees 10, Red Sox 2

Randy Winn singled, moved to third on a pair of wild pitches and scored on a sacrifice fly by Thames.

Meanwhile, the Sox are down 10-2 and people are blithely singing Sweet Caroline. Sometimes it seems like half the fans are here for the experience, not the game. But it's like that in a lot of places
  • FenwayFaithfulFenwayFaithful Posts: 8,626
    I don't want to talk about it.
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • Stone Is GodStone Is God Posts: 1,331
    these guys don't come here when things are bad

same shit

celtics looked good tonight also :lol:

The Sox right now are the Yanks circa 2006-2008. They have big money tied up in old bats. It'll change in the next year or two.

By the way, how are the Nets, Knicks, Rangers and Islanders doing? :lol:
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me.
  • gregkitefangregkitefan Posts: 1,115
    beckett is a punk like the whole team

So you think he was hitting people on purpose with the bases loaded.
    Great knowledge of the game.
    Also calling all of the Red Sox punks real classy.
    How old are you....eleven.
  • force-10force-10 Posts: 794

No, I think we are dealing with a full grown punk here. ;)
    IN THE DARK, ALL CATS ARE BLACK.
  • adam42381adam42381 Posts: 2,505
    I was at work tonight but had ESPN GameCast pulled up. I was liking what Beckett was doing the first few innings. I took my break and came back and he was getting rocked. Did it look like he's trying (poorly) to hide an injury? I really hope he turns things around soon.
    I wish I was as fortunate, as fortunate as me.

- this whole season has been pretty bad, and we've been here all along, chief.

- tonight, it's friday, some of us have these things called "friends", and we do this thing called "go out". You should try it some time.

Only caught glimpes of tonight's game at the bar ... Beckett looked like he came off the rails in (what was it) the 6th ... ooof.

But, it's one game. Win the next two, tonight will be forgotten (well, except by Cano, ouch! ;) )
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Agreed.

Jimed, sorry I took over your guys thread tonight. Was pretty fucking furious for a minute. I do love watching a Beckett meltdown though, except when Yankees are getting hit.

Cliffy, you and I are good. Totally understand your diaherra of posts for a night.

As far as Yankees getting hit, well, Beckett took out Varitek too, he was an equal oppotunity beanballer tonight. :?

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,504
    jimed14 wrote:

- this whole season has been pretty bad, and we've been here all along, chief.

- tonight, it's friday, some of us have these things called "friends", and we do this thing called "go out". You should try it some time.

Only caught glimpes of tonight's game at the bar ... Beckett looked like he came off the rails in (what was it) the 6th ... ooof.

But, it's one game. Win the next two, tonight will be forgotten (well, except by Cano, ouch! ;) )
    Huey_Lewis1.jpg
    www.myspace.com
  • jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    per usual jeagler, I have absolutely no clue what you're trying to convey.

• Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    jimed14 wrote:
    what else is new :lol::lol:

sadly some people won't ever grow up
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• g under pg under p Posts: 18,181
    Too much offense from the Yankees today.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

jimed14 wrote:

give it a minute....need another?

let me know if you need some help.

:lol:
    www.myspace.com
  • Brain of mJBrain of mJ Posts: 786
    When did more Yanks fans start posting in this thread than Sox fans? Unless you're bringing something quality to the table, and that goes for both fanbases, keep to being under your respective bridges. Nobody wants to hear a bunch of neener neeners. And yes, I know somebody's going to say, 'well of course you would say that after the Sox got trounced in two straight games to their rival', but seriously, stick to your own threads unless you're bringing something intelligent or constructive to the table.
    When did more Yanks fans start posting in this thread than Sox fans? Unless you're bringing something quality to the table, and that goes for both fanbases, keep to being under your respective bridges. Nobody wants to hear a bunch of neener neeners. And yes, I know somebody's going to say, 'well of course you would say that after the Sox got trounced in two straight games to their rival', but seriously, stick to your own threads unless you're bringing something intelligent or constructive to the table.

:lol::lol::lol:
    neener neeners.

the sox stink.
    www.myspace.com

I understand what you're saying but it's OK. Their time will come and it's still early and when the Sox get out of this funk I'll still enjoy my posting here. I gather since the Yankees are the defending World Champs their fans feel they have a right to do as they please without etiquette and that's fine but their time will come.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• tcaporaletcaporale Posts: 1,577

same shit

celtics looked good tonight also :lol:

The Sox right now are the Yanks circa 2006-2008. They have big money tied up in old bats. It'll change in the next year or two.

By the way, how are the Nets, Knicks, Rangers and Islanders doing? :lol:
    Good point. Although as long as the Yanks are winning, I can handle all my other favorite teams shitting the bed. :lol:

I just hope we can win as much as possible before Boston goes on a winning streak. They have too much pride to be around .500 for too long.
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    :lol::lol:

only 24 -6 over two nights
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
    The Sox really need a win tonight to somewhat salvage a terrible weekend. I know it is still early but it's starting to look like we could be in for a very long and painful summer.
    Buster Olney made some good points about your team:
    The Boston Red Sox are 1-8 against the New York Yankees and Tampa Bay Rays, after getting blasted on Saturday, and now are seven games behind New York and 7 1/2 behind Tampa Bay in the AL East. It's way too early to say that they are done, but they are certainly in deep, and the terrible start could make it easier to make some tough decisions. If David Ortiz were hitting under .200 and the Red Sox were hanging in the race, well, releasing him would be a tough call. Demoting Tim Wakefield into the bullpen would also be a tough call. But now GM Theo Epstein can act aggressively, and rightly, with an eye on the big picture -- 2011 and beyond.

In a weird way, Boston's problems are liberating for the Red Sox front office. Epstein can make moves, such as the pursuit of Los Angeles Dodgers catcher Russell Martin, aimed to improve the Red Sox for now, but also to reconstruct the team for next year. Look, the Yankees took a step back in 2008, refusing to swap prospects in order to save what was a lost season, and keeping Phil Hughes turned out to be the smart play, and similarly, Boston should not overreact and spend resources on moves that will only help in 2010.

I'd be stunned if Ortiz finishes the month on the Boston roster.
  • fotdfotd Posts: 514
    Go Yankees!
    I’ve seen Pearl Jam 25 times, Eddie Vedder 9 times, and Brad once.
    Dustin the spark for the Red Sox at the moment.

That'll work, it feels good to drive a ball like that.

edited May 2010
    Did you hear him say JIMED? I think he did.
    Post edited by g under p on

Needed to shut them down this inning and it's not to be. 6-2. Time to bare down and get some outs.

Nice win tonight. Yeah, we got exposed again to the Yankees, but it was nice to rough up AJ. I also just noticed tonight that he has a stupid neck tattoo. You guys ever see that, on the back of his neck? It's like a male tramp stamp.
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
    Nice bounce back win tonight. Good to see JD coming alive. He's been seeing the ball extremely well his last 10 games.
    Didn't get to see any of the games this weekend, not even the sox beat down of Burnett tonight, looks like the sox salvaged tonight's game.

Down a bunch after 6 weeks ... but hey, it is only 6 weeks, there are still 20 weeks left ... think about that.

Do I think these guys are build for a championship ... naaah ... feels like a bridge year but, hey ... there is a lot of baseball left.

Heck with you haters, go sox!

• tvismyfriendtvismyfriend Posts: 2,118
    The Red Sox have a shot at another sweep of the Blue Jays. Toronto's going to be throwing their four and five pitchers at you this series, the only game the Red Sox might struggle with is Wednesday when Marcum pitches.
    6-2 on the homestand.