Boston Red Sox

Comments

• g under pg under p Posts: 18,181
    Great outing by Dice K with only 1 walk 3 hits amf er run. Tek with a homer with much better D...3 in a row.

Even the Celtics are hanging tonight!

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• FenwayFaithfulFenwayFaithful Posts: 8,626
    Another nice win for the boys. Keep this shit going baby!
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • Yellow LedbellyYellow Ledbelly Posts: 3,749
    Another nice win for the boys. Keep this shit going baby!
    I've been feeling pretty bad about it so far, but I'm starting to believe there may be hope yet.
    Strange how they are scoring so much and the pitching has been more suspect...
    What's the deal with Beckett though? Got the Contract Extension Blues or something?
    All I have to do is revel in the everyday....then do it again tomorrow

They say every sin is deadly but I believe they may be wrong...I'm guilty of all seven and I don't feel too bad at all
    Tough loss today but at least the Sox won the series which they must continue to do from here on out.
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

We're headed in the right direction. Beckett will get straightened out. Dice-K is looking stronger. And once we get Ellsbury and Cameron back in the line-up, we should be all set. I'm sticking with my spring training prediction that we win the division. No way TB continues to play .700 ball.
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • I've heard from a few different places today (MLB Network among them) that the Sox are "getting close" to cutting Ortiz, and that his release may be "imminent". What's the scuttlebutt up there?
  • jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

The thing is, Dan Shaughnessy wrote the same thing, but, it was serious. :lol:

At least they are getting more production than the Yanks ever got out of Pavano. :D
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,710
    jimed14 wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

The thing is, Dan Shaughnessy wrote the same thing, but, it was serious. :lol:

At least they are getting more production than the Yanks ever got out of Pavano. :D

Hey man, no need for low blows, haha. Pavano is old news but god damn I hate that fucker.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Hey man, no need for low blows, haha. Pavano is old news but god damn I hate that fucker.

sorry cliffy, you deserved one after that angry drunken page of posting last week ... :lol:

But, we all good.

Wish I was heading to NYC for the PJ shows this time, I'd buy you a beer. And we'd talk BABIP.

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
    jimed14 wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

sorry cliffy, you deserved one after that angry drunken page of posting last week ... :lol:

But, we all good.

Wish I was heading to NYC for the PJ shows this time, I'd buy you a beer. And we'd talk BABIP.

haha, fair enough. I was pretty angry....and drunk.

Yeah man, but very understandable, that would be a hell of a hike for you. Speaking of....Austin Jackson is starting to come back to earth. Still batting .345 with a .481 BABIP (Edit: I think it was close to .600 at one point) but his K's are going to kill him.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

haha, fair enough. I was pretty angry....and drunk.

Yeah man, but very understandable, that would be a hell of a hike for you. Speaking of....Austin Jackson is starting to come back to earth. Still batting .345 with a .481 BABIP (Edit: I think it was close to .600 at one point) but his K's are going to kill him.

Eh, I made the trek in '08 for the 4 MSG and Mansfield shows ... good times.

Yeah, Jackson's k's are pretty alarming. Surpised anyone is throwing a ball in the strike zone to him.

Sox up 5-1 and rolling over the Tigers.

• PearlOfAGirlPearlOfAGirl Posts: 15,993
    g under p wrote:
    Sox up 5-1 and rolling over the Tigers.
    How'd they do g under p? ;)

Wish you were here...

~RIP Dad
  • gregkitefangregkitefan Posts: 1,115
    I've heard from a few different places today (MLB Network among them) that the Sox are "getting close" to cutting Ortiz, and that his release may be "imminent". What's the scuttlebutt up there?

He is now hitting .333 with 5 homers and 11 rbi's for the month of May.
    Well, I hope the majority of you were watching the UNREAL PJ set at the Garden and missed this loss.

Good on you if you were at the show tonight. WOW. :shock:

• xavier mcdanielxavier mcdaniel Posts: 9,222
    jimed14 wrote:
    Well, I hope the majority of you were watching the UNREAL PJ set at the Garden and missed this loss.

Amazing how the game can quickly turn. If they win it, Francona looks like a genius for moving Martinez to the fifth spot when he hits two home runs. For the Sox, Ellsbury and Cameron can't come back soon enough. Though those are not errors, McDonald and Hermida looked like butchers out there.
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
    jimed14 wrote:

Amazing how the game can quickly turn. If they win it, Francona looks like a genius for moving Martinez to the fifth spot when he hits two home runs. For the Sox, Ellsbury and Cameron can't come back soon enough. Though those are not errors, McDonald and Hermida looked like butchers out there.

I've been saying it all year ... 2/3 of the OF has been hurt ... kind of sucks when you give up a little offense for a defensive oriented OF but you're starting the likes of Hermida, McDonald and VanEvery ... eeesh.

Then, there's the fact that the starting pitching hasn't been all that great either.

• neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    whoops
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
    jimed14 wrote:
    jimed14 wrote:

I've been saying it all year ... 2/3 of the OF has been hurt ... kind of sucks when you give up a little offense for a defensive oriented OF but you're starting the likes of Hermida, McDonald and VanEvery ... eeesh.

Then, there's the fact that the starting pitching hasn't been all that great either.

That's the part that surprises me with the Sox. I thought the offense would drop down a notch, but it would be countered by a decent rotation. What do you think is causing all the ugly numbers?
    Reading 2004
    Chicago 2007
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
    Pete Abe from the Globe is convinced there is going to be a brawl tonight. I don't seen it but he thinks it is a real possibility if Beckett hits someone.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Pete Abe from the Globe is convinced there is going to be a brawl tonight. I don't seen it but he thinks it is a real possibility if Beckett hits someone.

Can't brawl if you're going to be rained out, which is what it looks like now.
    Reading 2004
    Chicago 2007
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
  • rival.rival. Posts: 7,775
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

it would be nice to see the yankees stand up for themselves. how many times have they been plunked by red sox pitching this year?

they seem to have a little thing for cervelli. young catcher who is red hot at the plate. try and rattle him a little bit. get him thrown out of the game, and get posada in there who is working with one foot right now.

even if a yankee doesn't get hit tonight, i think the yankee pitchers need to send a little statement themselves.
    Gents, half the guys the Sox pitchers are hitting are at the worst possible times.

Believe me, if their aim was that good, their ERAs wouldn't be in the 5's ;):cry:

The last thing the Yanks want to do is wake up this team like the Tek v A-rod scufffle in 2004. They should just win and move on.

But hey, I'm all for a brawl if it gets Darnell McDonald and Jeremy Hermida *out* of the lineup.

edited May 2010
    jimed14 wrote:
    Gents, half the guys the Sox pitchers are hitting are at the worst possible times.

Believe me, if their aim was that good, their ERAs wouldn't be in the 5's ;):cry:

The last thing the Yanks want to do is wake up this team like the Tek v A-rod scufffle in 2004. They should just win and move on.

But hey, I'm all for a brawl if it gets Darnell McDonald and Jeremy Hermida *out* of the lineup.

I hear you. And I probably should have mentioned that Petes Abes point was that the Yankees were really pissed at Beckett after the last game, some were not thrilled with Papelbon last night and if Beckett hits the wrong person, there is a great chance at something happening, whether he meant to or not.

And not to mention with everything that is going on with Beckett, the last thing he needs is to start a brawl and get a 10 game suspension. That's why I don't see it happening.
    Post edited by Cliffy6745 on
    Just wanted to let you know jimed14, you were with us in spirit Saturday in Hartford and last night in Boston.

I wore my Jim Rice jersey in Hartford.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

it would be nice to see the yankees stand up for themselves. how many times have they been plunked by red sox pitching this year?

they seem to have a little thing for cervelli. young catcher who is red hot at the plate. try and rattle him a little bit. get him thrown out of the game, and get posada in there who is working with one foot right now.

even if a yankee doesn't get hit tonight, i think the yankee pitchers need to send a little statement themselves.

The yankees have never been a team to retiliate. I guess sometimes the best retiliation is winning (See: Phillies, Philadelphia) but I would like to see more up and in after some of the Yanks get plunked. Thanks baseball.
    Just wanted to let you know jimed14, you were with us in spirit Saturday in Hartford and last night in Boston.

I wore my Jim Rice jersey in Hartford.

what sucks, if there were 2 shows, I would have flown out ...oh well, I've been to many of the great Boston shows before .... congrats for being there, looks like such a killer show.