Boston Red Sox

Comments

• adam42381adam42381 Posts: 2,505
    Day off today then headed to Fenway South. Time to keep things rolling.
    I wish I was as fortunate, as fortunate as me.
    Last night was a game we should have won.
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • PearlOfAGirlPearlOfAGirl Posts: 15,993
    Last night was a game we should have won.
    dammitt! :x

Wish you were here...

~RIP Dad
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    pretty quiet weekend in here

:lol::mrgreen:
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,181
    pretty quiet weekend in here

:lol::mrgreen:

Yes that's right the team isn't playing well in all areas of the game. The Sox are 14th in team batting in the AL @ 170. average that's NOT going to cut to make the playoffs. I'd be pretty when any team is playing like that. ;)

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,710
    How you guys feeling these days? Big stretch coming up.
  • RiotAct10RiotAct10 Posts: 1,618
    Should I drop Beckett from my fantasy team or is this dude gonna get it together?
    words seem so out of place.

8.21.00 Columbus | 6.24.03 Columbus | 7.9.03 NYC | 10.2.04 Toledo | 9.11.05 Kitchener | 5.20.06 Cleveland | 8.5.07 Chicago | 5.6.10 Columbus | 5.7.10 Noblesville | 5.9.10 Cleveland | 9.3.11 East Troy | 9.4.11 East Troy | 7.19.13 Chicago | 10.11.13 Pittsburgh | 10.1.14 Cincinnati | 4.8.16 Ft. Lauderdale | 4.9.16 Miami | 8.8.18 Seattle | 8.10.18 Seattle | 9.26.21 Dana Point | 10.1.21 Dana Point | 10.2.21 Dana Point | 9.16.22 Nashville | 9.17.22 Louisville | 9.18.22 St. Louis | 9.2.23 St. Paul | 9.15.23 Ft. Worth | 6.22.24 Dublin | 8.26.24 Noblesville
    6.26.11 Detroit (EdVed) | 9.23.17 Louisville (EdVed) | 9.25.21 Dana Point (EdVed) | 10.01.22 Dana Point (EdVed) | 2.6.22 Newark (EdVed)
  • jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    Without knowing the parameters of your league, it's impossible to answer that question. That said, I can't imagine there are many formats where you'd be dropping Beckett a month into the season. It's like people saying they'd want to drop Mark Teixeria.

As for the Sox, the injuries to 2/3 of the starting outfield haven't helped, notably Ellsbury who is such a catalyst for the offense. When they went into this season wtih a weaker offense, that's been a huge loss. They just left little room for error, and got burned on it thus far.

I'm not terribly worried about the pitching, they've underperformed thus far, but, feel they'll come around.

Question is, how much of a hole will be dug before they turn shit around ... it could work out that they play .650 ball from June 1 on, but if they are 8 games back or still 3- 6 games under .500 at that point, it might not be enough to overtake the Yanks and Rays.
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,912
    jimed14 wrote:
    It's like people saying they'd want to drop Mark Teixeria.
    people like me? ;)
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    Good to see the bats come alive last night. Could have used a few of those runs over the weekend.
    adam42381 wrote:
    Good to see the bats come alive last night. Could have used a few of those runs over the weekend.
    One day at a time. We will right the ship.
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    1 win and the thread is alive again :roll: :mrgreen:
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • FenwayFaithfulFenwayFaithful Posts: 8,626
    After this weekend, we'll be right back in the thick of it.

there were more posts before the win than after.

but now that you mention it ... indeed, nice to see the Sox pound out some runs last night.

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
    Another nice win. Lester and Santana were both on their game tonight.
  • WildsWilds Posts: 4,329

Indeed.
    Wilds wrote:

Indeed.
    Loving This!!! :thumbup: :clap::mrgreen::clap: :wave:

Wish you were here...

~RIP Dad
  • gregkitefangregkitefan Posts: 1,115
    Nomar night.
    Lots of great memories.

Great to see Trot back also.
    Turning out to be a nice BEANTOWN night. The Sox win behind some great pitching from Lachey.
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• force-10force-10 Posts: 794
    ortiz is back?
    IN THE DARK, ALL CATS ARE BLACK.
    force-10 wrote:
    ortiz is back?

define "back".

Back to his 2004 ways? No way.

Back to late 2009? eh, potentially. He still looks really bad at times though, but, he's fighting through it. Hopefully he'll be a little better a little sooner than he was last year.

Hands down my favorite player when I was a teenager. His interview during the radio broadcast was great too.
    jimed14 wrote:
    force-10 wrote:
    ortiz is back?

define "back".

Back to late 2009? eh, potentially. He still looks really bad at times though, but, he's fighting through it. Hopefully he'll be a little better a little sooner than he was last year.

Today on Mike and Mike they were speaking about Ortiz and his batting after the count is 0-1. Take a look at his stats through the years and his career...

David Ortiz 2010 Situational Statistics

Peace

• gregkitefangregkitefan Posts: 1,115
    Hands down my favorite player when I was a teenager. His interview during the radio broadcast was great too.

Was my favorite player also, but I was in my late 20's when he came up.
    Loved the hustle.
    He got a great response from the crowd today.
  • force-10force-10 Posts: 794
    g under p wrote:
    jimed14 wrote:
    force-10 wrote:
    ortiz is back?

define "back".

Today on Mike and Mike they were speaking about Ortiz and his batting after the count is 0-1. Take a look at his stats through the years and his career...

David Ortiz 2010 Situational Statistics

Peace

12 K with full count in 19 opportunities? SHEEIIIIIIIEEET

Of course the 2004 is unlikely to come back. But give the pitchers some reasons to fear you, for god´s sake.

In the past years the sox have lost power, I know, but I am being stubborn, and despite this very slow start, I like the lineup. Where we lost power, we gained in balance. But for this we need big papi to bat at least above .250 and be a decent slugger. Anyone in the lineup (with jacoby and cameron) are a highly significant threat at any given chance.
    IN THE DARK, ALL CATS ARE BLACK.

Was my favorite player also, but I was in my late 20's when he came up.
    Loved the hustle.
    He got a great response from the crowd today.
    I still wear my Trot Nixon jersey t-shirt every now and then. He was my favorite as well.
    In the past years the sox have lost power, I know, but I am being stubborn, and despite this very slow start, I like the lineup. Where we lost power, we gained in balance. But for this we need big papi to bat at least above .250 and be a decent slugger. Anyone in the lineup (with jacoby and cameron) are a highly significant threat at any given chance.[/quote]

They were 4th in home runs last year and are 3rd in home runs this year.
    The power numbers have been fine.
    Ortiz has struggled bad, but the guy that has sucked is Victor.
    Victor doing nothing and Jacoby being hurt are the main reasons for the offensive struggles.
    Things will turn around.
  • Yellow LedbellyYellow Ledbelly Posts: 3,749
    Speaking of Nomar...I shelved my jersey with his name on it when he was traded but I guess I can wear it again with pride since he retired a Sox huh? Just thought of that
    All I have to do is revel in the everyday....then do it again tomorrow

They say every sin is deadly but I believe they may be wrong...I'm guilty of all seven and I don't feel too bad at all
    Is this Ortiz's last year with the Sox?

Wish you were here...

~RIP Dad
  • Yellow LedbellyYellow Ledbelly Posts: 3,749
    Hope so...he's dead weight
    All I have to do is revel in the everyday....then do it again tomorrow

They say every sin is deadly but I believe they may be wrong...I'm guilty of all seven and I don't feel too bad at all