Boston Red Sox

Comments

• Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,710
    Put this in another thread but since it is such an outstanding quote I am going to repost it here. Not my words, but billiant words none the less....

Then there’s Kevin Youkilis. Youk has only three body parts, all hideously oversized: an enormous set of gnomish, bushy forearms; a massive, casaba melon–size white head; and a cauldronlike belly. He has a truly awesome bristle of thick red chin hair that makes his face look like a cross between a vagina and something out of The Hobbit.

>8

Whereas a guy like Teixeira was born with a swing so gorgeous you want to paint it, Youkilis fighting a middle reliever to a nine-pitch walk looks like a rhinoceros trying to fuck a washing machine.

imalive wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Um...Red Sox, Ronan Tynan lives in Boston now and is available. this serious?

at least this version didn't go on for five minutes. ;)

Thank fucking god it didn't
  • jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Put this in another thread but since it is such an outstanding quote I am going to repost it here. Not my words, but billiant words none the less....

Then there’s Kevin Youkilis. Youk has only three body parts, all hideously oversized: an enormous set of gnomish, bushy forearms; a massive, casaba melon–size white head; and a cauldronlike belly. He has a truly awesome bristle of thick red chin hair that makes his face look like a cross between a vagina and something out of The Hobbit.

>8

Whereas a guy like Teixeira was born with a swing so gorgeous you want to paint it, Youkilis fighting a middle reliever to a nine-pitch walk looks like a rhinoceros trying to fuck a washing machine.

and yet, if we're going to debate stats ...

# of rings ...

Youk - 2
    Tex - 1
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
    Kevin Youkilis was reached for comment ...

3042497987_9b45bc8242.jpg

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,912
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

[/i]

I'm gonna get out of your thread............but I'll take Will Clark's swing for gorgeous-ness!
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,180
    We can hang with em....HOMERUN
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

now, if you're going to make fun of something, make fun of how Dustin Pedroia runs ... dear lord.

But, I do love his home run trot!

jimed14 wrote:
    Kevin Youkilis was reached for comment ...

3042497987_9b45bc8242.jpg

Haha, my buddies blog, Fack Youk, has used that picture for a year or so. I didn't realize it was him at first,
    jimed14 wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

>8

and yet, if we're going to debate stats ...

# of rings ...

Youk - 2
    Tex - 1

In all fairness, Tex has been on the Yankees for 1 year and is 1 for 1. Youklis is is what 2 for 5? Let's see how it plays out.
    jimed14 wrote:
    now, if you're going to make fun of something, make fun of how Dustin Pedroia runs ... dear lord.

I really do dispise Pedrioa
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,912
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Haha, my buddies blog, Fack Youk, has used that picture for a year or so. I didn't realize it was him at first,

the casaba melon–size white head wasn't a clue?
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    imalive wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

the casaba melon–size white head wasn't a clue?

haha, exactly.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    jimed14 wrote:

If Youk and or Pedroia were Yankees, you fuckers would ADORE them.

Christ, you've embraced Swisher like he's the second coming of Mattingly!

oh, and another Youk double .... YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUK

jimed14 wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    jimed14 wrote:

If Youk and or Pedroia were Yankees, you fuckers would ADORE them.

Christ, you've embraced Swisher like he's the second coming of Mattingly!

oh, and another Youk double .... YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUK

Negative, I don't feel like those two could ever be Yankees, than again, I said the same thing about Damon.

I am not a huge fan of Swisher. Good eye, lots of K's lots of walks, will be gone in a year or so.
    take a loong look people, that may be the only time the go ahead run comes in while Ortiz is at the plate this year.

:lol:

jimed14 wrote:
    take a loong look people, that may be the only time the go ahead run comes in while Ortiz is at the plate this year.

Say It Ain't so he's NOT going to be that bad. :D
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

jimed14 wrote:

You said it
    MLB is getting their moeny's worth with this game tonight and now we see why they had the Yanks and Sox on for Opening Night.

Peace

Gotta love a stadium full of grown men signing about touching little girl
    SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET CAROLINE ...

BAAAAA BAAAAA BAAAAA!!!!!!

jimed14 wrote:
    SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET CAROLINE ...

BAAAAA BAAAAA BAAAAA!!!!!!

Pervert
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Pervert

someone's a little grumpy pants.

jimed14 wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Pervert

someone's a little grumpy pants.

haha, not at all, like you said, game 1 of 162. Just pointing out that you are singing about touching a little girl.
  • gregkitefangregkitefan Posts: 1,115
    Been a great game.
    No watter who wins...baseball is back.
    Been a great game.
    No watter who wins...baseball is back.

Well, according to the scoreboard, I am sure both teams would agree this game has been pretty sloppy,

Beckett sucked, CC lost his control, Boston had that terrible defense on the double steal, gardner was apparantly mad at someone in the stands, etc
    hell yeah, Dustin with some big clutch hits!

Off Joba too ... double bonus.

jimed14 wrote:

Do you guys really like papelbon? is is possible to like that big of a douche?
  • tcaporaletcaporale Posts: 1,577
    I really, truly hate Papelbon, with every fiber of my being.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    jimed14 wrote:

Do you guys really like papelbon? is is possible to like that big of a douche?

Yes when he gets the job done and even when he doesn't. His job is NOT an easy one but someone has to do why not him.

Peace

• tcaporaletcaporale Posts: 1,577
    Well he's obviously a good closer, but he seems like a hard guy to get along with.