Boston Red Sox

Comments

• neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Dice K already having back problems?

:lol::lol:

http://boston.redsox.mlb.com/news/artic ... p&c_id=bos
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    "... which isn't deemed to be serious by the player or the club ... "

My calendar say February 17th ... how about yours?
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • Yeah, we gotta get Andy Pettite some HGH for Spring Training.

Go back to your own thread guys.
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,710
    jimed14 wrote:

Yes, very early. Just seems like you guys have been through this once or twice before.
    Yeah, we gotta get Andy Pettite some HGH for Spring Training.

Go back to your own thread guys.

Good one.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    jimed14 wrote:

Yes, very early. Just seems like you guys have been through this once or twice before.

if it was March 17, I'd feel differently ... but I'm sure there are hundreds of guys that are experiencing aches and pains in the first week of spring trianing.

On a side note, Clay Buchholz showed up to camp 13 pounds heavier this year ... I guess he only looks like a thin rail instead of an emaciated model now. He probably could use that muscle, so, I'm thinking this should be good news.

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
    jimed14 wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    jimed14 wrote:

if it was March 17, I'd feel differently ... but I'm sure there are hundreds of guys that are experiencing aches and pains in the first week of spring trianing.

On a side note, Clay Buchholz showed up to camp 13 pounds heavier this year ... I guess he only looks like a thin rail instead of an emaciated model now. He probably could use that muscle, so, I'm thinking this should be good news.

We shall see, I hear you but for someone with back problems getting "shut down" for a few days this early is never a great thing. That said, I am sure he will be fine

I read that it was good news that he put on weight.
    Supposedly ... he (dice-K) hurt his leg in the WBC last year, which he didn't let on about. This led to a change in his mechanics which is what hurt his shoulder, the team was pretty pissed he didn't mention his leg issue. I don't think there is a history of back issues with him.

Normally this wouldn't even be discussed, but, becuase he held back the info last year, everyone's chatting about it this year.

All this said, none of this means shit if he can't find the plate and walks 5-6 guys per nine innings. :?

jimed14 wrote:
    Supposedly ... he (dice-K) hurt his leg in the WBC last year, which he didn't let on about. This led to a change in his mechanics which is what hurt his shoulder, the team was pretty pissed he didn't mention his leg issue. I don't think there is a history of back issues with him.

Normally this wouldn't even be discussed, but, becuase he held back the info last year, everyone's chatting about it this year.

All this said, none of this means shit if he can't find the plate and walks 5-6 guys per nine innings. :?

Yeah, I heard the team was mad at him for not saying anything. Never turns out well when they dont say anything.

He definitely has to find the plate or he is not going to be very good.

So pumped baseball season is here.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

You and me both, my friend! I think it hit 70 degrees here in SF today.

jimed14 wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Damn you. A shit load of snow on the ground here in Philly.
  • jimed14 wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Aww, your certainly not missing the new england winters!
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • Something worth mentioning is their bullpen will be most likely be Papelbon, Okie, Delcarmen, Ramon Ramirez, Danny Bard. Familiar faces in familiar roles. It will be interesting to see if Wake fits if Buchholz takes the #5 spot. Is there any way to obtain an additional lefty reliever in a potential Mike Lowell trade? So much has been made of our dynamic rotation going into Spring Training, anybody have thoughts on how the bullpen holds up this year?
    Something worth mentioning is their bullpen will be most likely be Papelbon, Okie, Delcarmen, Ramon Ramirez, Danny Bard. Familiar faces in familiar roles. It will be interesting to see if Wake fits if Buchholz takes the #5 spot. Is there any way to obtain an additional lefty reliever in a potential Mike Lowell trade? So much has been made of our dynamic rotation going into Spring Training, anybody have thoughts on how the bullpen holds up this year?

I read yesterday (Globe) that Theo stated Mike Lowell will be a big part of the 2010 Red Sox ... so, don't expect him to go anywhere. Supposedly, he's going to work out at first base this spring.

• PearlOfAGirlPearlOfAGirl Posts: 15,993
    jimed14 wrote:
    Something worth mentioning is their bullpen will be most likely be Papelbon, Okie, Delcarmen, Ramon Ramirez, Danny Bard. Familiar faces in familiar roles. It will be interesting to see if Wake fits if Buchholz takes the #5 spot. Is there any way to obtain an additional lefty reliever in a potential Mike Lowell trade? So much has been made of our dynamic rotation going into Spring Training, anybody have thoughts on how the bullpen holds up this year?

I read yesterday (Globe) that Theo stated Mike Lowell will be a big part of the 2010 Red Sox ... so, don't expect him to go anywhere. Supposedly, he's going to work out at first base this spring.
    :thumbup: That is GREAT news!!!

Wish you were here...

~RIP Dad
  • They have that guy shouse, http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/players/p ... yerId=2940 , he's a lefty so I would think he makes the team b/c of that. And I think they are just saying that about Lowell, with the hopes he has a good spring so they can trade him. But I wouldn't mind having him DH against lefties, but who can keep a roster spot open to platoon at DH.
    Uniondale - Apr 30, 2003 Camden - Jul 06, 2003 Holmdel - Jul 14, 2003 Boston - Sep 28, 2004 Montreal - Sep 15, 2005 Philly - Oct 03, 2005 East Rutherford Jun 03, 2006 MSG - Jun 24-25 2008 Philly Oct 27-31, 2009 Newark - May 18, 2010 MSG - May 20-21, 2010
    Alpine Valley - Sept 3-4, 2011 Philly - Sept 2, 2012 Brooklyn - Oct 18-19, 2013 Philly - Oct 21-22, 2013 LA - Nov 23-24, 2013 New York -Sept 26, 2015 Fort Lauderdale - Apr 8, 2016 Miami - Apr 9, 2016 Philly - Apr 28-29, 2016 MSG - May 1-2, 2016 Fenway - Aug 5-7, 2016
    Brooklyn - Apr 7, 2017 Fenway - Sept 3-4, 2018 

They have that guy shouse, http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/players/p ... yerId=2940 , he's a lefty so I would think he makes the team b/c of that. And I think they are just saying that about Lowell, with the hopes he has a good spring so they can trade him. But I wouldn't mind having him DH against lefties, but who can keep a roster spot open to platoon at DH.

Shouse is a lefty specialst, in the truist sense. 45 apperances, 28 IP. wow, that's the kind of paycheck I want to pick up.

He's also 41 years old ... so, the bottom could fall out real quick.

Not sure if it was forgetten, but, Okajima is a lefty ... his splits last year were pretty bad. Something along the lines of .170 vs lefties, .300 vs righties.

• I think somehow we need another reliable lefty, whether it involves trading Lowell or not. Okie isn't perfect, but he's the best we got right now. A second lefty would give Tito more options in the 6th or 7th.
  • I am thinking they use shouse as a stop gap until then can bring up this kid, http://www.soxprospects.com/players/ric ... dustin.htm, who apparently everybody in the front office loves. But wouldn't mind if they grabbed someone else.
    Uniondale - Apr 30, 2003 Camden - Jul 06, 2003 Holmdel - Jul 14, 2003 Boston - Sep 28, 2004 Montreal - Sep 15, 2005 Philly - Oct 03, 2005 East Rutherford Jun 03, 2006 MSG - Jun 24-25 2008 Philly Oct 27-31, 2009 Newark - May 18, 2010 MSG - May 20-21, 2010
    Alpine Valley - Sept 3-4, 2011 Philly - Sept 2, 2012 Brooklyn - Oct 18-19, 2013 Philly - Oct 21-22, 2013 LA - Nov 23-24, 2013 New York -Sept 26, 2015 Fort Lauderdale - Apr 8, 2016 Miami - Apr 9, 2016 Philly - Apr 28-29, 2016 MSG - May 1-2, 2016 Fenway - Aug 5-7, 2016
    Brooklyn - Apr 7, 2017 Fenway - Sept 3-4, 2018 

I am thinking they use shouse as a stop gap until then can bring up this kid, http://www.soxprospects.com/players/ric ... dustin.htm, who apparently everybody in the front office loves. But wouldn't mind if they grabbed someone else.
    You never know ;) look at some of the other players who were brought up.... ;):D Not Too Shabby!!!

Wish you were here...

~RIP Dad
    Lowell has absolutely not spot on this team, you are out of your fucking mind if you think he is a bench player with a $12 mil contract. Keep dreaming. 1st, 3rd, catcher and DH are clogged. I will admit the Red Sox are better than they were last year but Lowell has no spot on this team.

Bostons pitching is obviously better, offense is no better. I am a huge fan of Mike Cameron and wanted the Yanks to sign him before the Granderson trade but he is not Bay.
  • WildsWilds Posts: 4,329
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Lowell has absolutely not spot on this team, you are out of your fucking mind if you think he is a bench player with a $12 mil contract. Keep dreaming. 1st, 3rd, catcher and DH are clogged. I will admit the Red Sox are better than they were last year but Lowell has no spot on this team.

Bostons pitching is obviously better, offense is no better. I am a huge fan of Mike Cameron and wanted the Yanks to sign him before the Granderson trade but he is not Bay.

The Sox were going to eat $9 mil of Lowell's contract. Therefore he is basically a $3 mil dollar bench player if they keep him.

With that said I do think we need to trade him at this point, but if we get 'stuck' with him, I don't consider that such a bad thing.
  • jervin007jervin007 Posts: 3,182
    Wilds wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

The Sox were going to eat $9 mil of Lowell's contract. Therefore he is basically a $3 mil dollar bench player if they keep him.

With that said I do think we need to trade him at this point, but if we get 'stuck' with him, I don't consider that such a bad thing.

The issue is that Lowell doesn't want to be a bench player. He has been a stand up guy in Boston and I think ownership will trade him so he can get more playing time. Since his contract is up this year its essential for him to get regular playing time to get a contract next year. I think it will be a major issue if he isn't traded and cause tension in the clubhouse. I would be shocked if he was on the team to start the season.

Can't wait for the season to start....Go Sox!
    PJ:
    2003 Mansfield: July 2
    2004 Boston: Sept 28 & 29
    2005 Montreal: Sept 15
    2006 Boston: May 24 & 25
    2008 Hartford: June 27, Mansfield: June 28,
    2010 Boston: May 17
    2013 Worcester: Oct 15, Hartford: Oct 25,
    2016 Hampton: April 18, Raleigh: April 20 (cancelled), Columbia: April 21. Quebec: May 5. Boston (Fenway): August 7

EV Solo: Boston 8/2/08, Boston 6/16/11
  • Not sure if you guys saw this, but they are actually building a mini-Fenway for the Sox Spring Training games in 2012.

http://boston.redsox.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20100225&content_id=8137454&vkey=news_bos&fext=.jsp&c_id=bos

It's only authentic if the seats in section 4 are facing the bullpen. Ugh.
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,178
    It looks great but I like the athmosphere of the current park. The neighborhood isn't the greatest right now, I wonder where in Fort Meyers this new park will be built?

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

g under p wrote:
    It looks great but I like the athmosphere of the current park. The neighborhood isn't the greatest right now, I wonder where in Fort Meyers this new park will be built?

Peace
    I hope to go there again some day ;):mrgreen:

Wish you were here...

~RIP Dad
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,178
    g under p wrote:

Peace
    I hope to go there again some day ;):mrgreen:

I love the park and I love the drive from the east coast of Florida over pass Lake Okeechobee to the west coast of FL. It's beautiful. :D Even better when the Sox come over and play at Roger Dean Stadium against the Cards or the Marlins.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

Not sure if you guys saw this, but they are actually building a mini-Fenway for the Sox Spring Training games in 2012.

http://boston.redsox.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20100225&content_id=8137454&vkey=news_bos&fext=.jsp&c_id=bos

It's only authentic if the seats in section 4 are facing the bullpen. Ugh.

Great, so now they can price Red Sox fans out of regular season and spring training games to the point where going to a road game is the best bet all year round!

:roll: ;)

My favorite part of the piece was this quote ...

"I've been coming here since 2000, so it will be strange to be somewhere else," said Red Sox reliever Manny Delcarmen. "But it will be really cool. The fans are really going to enjoy it and I'm sure there will be a packed house every time we play."

Someone might want to inform Mr. DelCarmen that if he throws up another 7+ ERA like he did the 2nd half of last year, he won't see 2011 Spring Trianing with the Sox, let alone 2012.

• jervin007jervin007 Posts: 3,182
    Was selected to buy yanks or dodgers tickets today. Ended up getting through after two hours in the virtual waiting room. Snagged four seats the the Sunday June, 20 Game vs. Dodgers. Pumped
    PJ:
    2003 Mansfield: July 2
    2004 Boston: Sept 28 & 29
    2005 Montreal: Sept 15
    2006 Boston: May 24 & 25
    2008 Hartford: June 27, Mansfield: June 28,
    2010 Boston: May 17
    2013 Worcester: Oct 15, Hartford: Oct 25,
    2016 Hampton: April 18, Raleigh: April 20 (cancelled), Columbia: April 21. Quebec: May 5. Boston (Fenway): August 7

EV Solo: Boston 8/2/08, Boston 6/16/11
    Well, it looks like I'll be watching all the games on tv then...

Wish you were here...

~RIP Dad