Boston Red Sox

Comments

• adam42381adam42381 Posts: 2,505
    As this is the only popular thread I have ever started, I don't want to see it die.
    I wish I was as fortunate, as fortunate as me.
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,178
    Okay, sounds good boys. I look forward to BSing with you guys all season. I only asked because Ive noticed the whole "2010 New York Yankees" thread popped up in recent days.

Excuse me but fuck the Yankees, Sox fans don't have to follow them we do our own thing, in our own way that's just how it is.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    g under p wrote:
    Okay, sounds good boys. I look forward to BSing with you guys all season. I only asked because Ive noticed the whole "2010 New York Yankees" thread popped up in recent days.

Excuse me but fuck the Yankees, Sox fans don't have to follow them we do our own thing, in our own way that's just how it is.

Peace

:lol::lol:

too funny only 20 something behind again :mrgreen:
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • WildsWilds Posts: 4,329
    g under p wrote:

Peace

too funny only 20 something behind again :mrgreen:

Actually 20, not 20 something. :cry: And it's 19 if you count John McGraw's forfeit. :mrgreen: I do. :ugeek:
  • The Sox aren't 3rd page on the AET board, they're always front page news in my book. Even on January 28th. Framingham Lou Merloni is filling in on the Dale & Holley show today.
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
    just surrender already the evil empire has regained the universe

and now the curse of the buried papi jersey has just begun

woooooohaahahahaha :lol::lol:
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    neilybabes86, read my signature ....
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
    jimed14 wrote:
    neilybabes86, read my signature ....

:roll:

time for something new

you can thank the sox fan who tried to be slick and leave the jersey :mrgreen:
  • jervin007jervin007 Posts: 3,182
    The bulk of regular season games go onsale Saturday. With the exception of yanks, monster, and RF roof seats. Not that it matters because no one ever gets good seats, or seats at all, playing the virtual waiting room game. The fact that the sox are in bed with ace tickets is fucking terrible!
    PJ:
    2003 Mansfield: July 2
    2004 Boston: Sept 28 & 29
    2005 Montreal: Sept 15
    2006 Boston: May 24 & 25
    2008 Hartford: June 27, Mansfield: June 28,
    2010 Boston: May 17
    2013 Worcester: Oct 15, Hartford: Oct 25,
    2016 Hampton: April 18, Raleigh: April 20 (cancelled), Columbia: April 21. Quebec: May 5. Boston (Fenway): August 7

EV Solo: Boston 8/2/08, Boston 6/16/11
  • PearlOfAGirlPearlOfAGirl Posts: 15,993
    g under p wrote:

Peace
    Very Nicely Stated g under p!!! :D:clap::clap::clap: :wave:
    Go RED SOX!!!!

Wish you were here...

~RIP Dad
  • adam42381adam42381 Posts: 2,505
    jervin007 wrote:
    The bulk of regular season games go onsale Saturday. With the exception of yanks, monster, and RF roof seats. Not that it matters because no one ever gets good seats, or seats at all, playing the virtual waiting room game. The fact that the sox are in bed with ace tickets is fucking terrible!
    I agree 100%. It is definitely not about the fans anymore.
    I wish I was as fortunate, as fortunate as me.
  • I just started browsing around and saw this thread so I wanted to add my 2 cents. I am a big Sox fan! I'm back in PA now, but I was up there during the recent "Golden Era". It just really sucks that I don't get to see as many games as I'd like (too cheap to buy the Baseball MLB package, plus it's kinda expensive). But it's really great they have such a following that gets them a lot of national exposure. GO SOX!!
    I just started browsing around and saw this thread so I wanted to add my 2 cents. I am a big Sox fan! I'm back in PA now, but I was up there during the recent "Golden Era". It just really sucks that I don't get to see as many games as I'd like (too cheap to buy the Baseball MLB package, plus it's kinda expensive). But it's really great they have such a following that gets them a lot of national exposure. GO SOX!!

Come on down to Camden Yards in Baltimore. The place is FILLED with Red Sox fans many fly down from Boston since it's impossible to get tickets to get into Fenway Park.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,955
    g under p wrote:
    I just started browsing around and saw this thread so I wanted to add my 2 cents. I am a big Sox fan! I'm back in PA now, but I was up there during the recent "Golden Era". It just really sucks that I don't get to see as many games as I'd like (too cheap to buy the Baseball MLB package, plus it's kinda expensive). But it's really great they have such a following that gets them a lot of national exposure. GO SOX!!

Come on down to Camden Yards in Baltimore. The place is FILLED with Red Sox fans many fly down from Boston since it's impossible to get tickets to get into Fenway Park.

Peace

No, most of them are bandwagons is what it is.

Peace
    g under p wrote:

Peace

Peace

You know this for a fact? I'm there and at Nationals Stadium and I'm far far from whatever a bandwagoner is.

Peace

g under p wrote:
    g under p wrote:

Peace

Peace

You know this for a fact? I'm there and at Nationals Stadium and I'm far far from whatever a bandwagoner is.

Peace

Maybe you are, but you cannot tell me they're ALL from Boston, nor even a close majority of them. The Red Sox are just so charming, ya know?
    edited January 2010
    g under p wrote:

Peace

Peace

Maybe you are, but you cannot tell me they're ALL from Boston, nor even a close majority of them. The Red Sox are just so charming, ya know?

I did not say ALL are from Boston but many ARE coming down from Boston and do so as a vacation. The same situation at Nationals Stadium summer last year. I sat in a section next to the O's bull pen and I had to ask that section how many are here from Boston and at least half of the 200 people there stood up. BTW only 4 people in that section were O's fans and one of them was my daughter. :shock: :D

Peace
    Post edited by g under p on

• jimed14 wrote:
    g under p wrote:
    Guys, should we start fresh with a new thread for 2010?

I, for one, cannot wait for pitchers and catchers. Anybody else feeling the wintertime blues and craving some Orsillo and RemDawg?

I like it just as it is that way we can go back find what we what without much effort.

Peace

I concur.

I too concur mostly because I smile when ever I see the first page and we have posts talking about the effectiveness of David Wells, the idea of possibly getting Roger Clemens back, the questionability of Keith Foulke, and the depth of having JT Snow and Wily Mo Pena on the bench. Ah the memories...
    OH MY, GOD, YES. I just want to say this is the best thing written by anyone ever.

http://www.the700level.com/2010/01/dont ... .html#more
  • jervin007jervin007 Posts: 3,182
    I have traveled down to Camden yards twice from Boston and once from Maine. A lot of new englanders do make the trip because they can actually get reasonable tickets. Last time the plane was packed with sox fans headind down.
    PJ:
    2003 Mansfield: July 2
    2004 Boston: Sept 28 & 29
    2005 Montreal: Sept 15
    2006 Boston: May 24 & 25
    2008 Hartford: June 27, Mansfield: June 28,
    2010 Boston: May 17
    2013 Worcester: Oct 15, Hartford: Oct 25,
    2016 Hampton: April 18, Raleigh: April 20 (cancelled), Columbia: April 21. Quebec: May 5. Boston (Fenway): August 7

EV Solo: Boston 8/2/08, Boston 6/16/11
  • jervin007 wrote:
    I have traveled down to Camden yards twice from Boston and once from Maine. A lot of new englanders do make the trip because they can actually get reasonable tickets. Last time the plane was packed with sox fans headind down.
    Same with Tampa...
  • Okay, lets talk some 2010 Red Sox. How many wins are we getting from Dice-K this year? Is he going to work his ass off and stick to the pitching routine given to him and achieve his potential as a top 5 pitcher in the AL? Or will it be the same old routine with the shrugging shoulders, walking guys and giving away games in the 3rd inning?

The news about him hiding his injury from the Sox so he could pitch in the WBC is very troubling and it might end up pissing off Theo enough to cut the cord on our Japanese friend, but I think he'll be given his fair shot in Spring Training (later this month!!!)
  • Solat13Solat13 Posts: 6,996
    jervin007 wrote:

I didn't try this year, but I got good seats last year doing the virtual waiting room thing.

I got tix for the first two Phils Red Sox games in June. Will be driving up from Philly to watch my Sox with nothingman44. And I have tix for a game on the monster still to be determined.

I'm still sick from dropping a homer by Youk last year on the monster.

http://mlb.mlb.com/media/video.jsp?content_id=5545043
    - Busted down the pretext
    - 8/28/98
    - 9/2/00
    - 4/28/03, 5/3/03, 7/3/03, 7/5/03, 7/6/03, 7/9/03, 7/11/03, 7/12/03, 7/14/03
    - 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 10/1/04, 10/2/04
    - 9/11/05, 9/12/05, 9/13/05, 9/30/05, 10/1/05, 10/3/05
    - 5/12/06, 5/13/06, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 5/30/06, 6/1/06, 6/3/06, 6/23/06, 7/22/06, 7/23/06, 12/2/06, 12/9/06
    - 8/2/07, 8/5/07
    - 6/19/08, 6/20/08, 6/22/08, 6/24/08, 6/25/08, 6/27/08, 6/28/08, 6/30/08, 7/1/08
    - 8/23/09, 8/24/09, 9/21/09, 9/22/09, 10/27/09, 10/28/09, 10/30/09, 10/31/09
    - 5/15/10, 5/17/10, 5/18/10, 5/20/10, 5/21/10, 10/23/10, 10/24/10
    - 9/11/11, 9/12/11
    - 10/18/13, 10/21/13, 10/22/13, 11/30/13, 12/4/13
    OH MY, GOD, YES. I just want to say this is the best thing written by anyone ever.

http://www.the700level.com/2010/01/dont ... .html#more

Really? Because if you read the column it is in response to, Simmons doesn't say one thing about how he's currently a suffering fan.

Simmons wrote ...
    I was thinking about her three Mondays later, after the NFC Championship Game, when I was sifting through e-mails from devastated Vikings fans, and I realized that, for some readers, I apparently have turned into the "Sports Whisperer." They channel me as an outlet for their pain.

Why me? Because I have a column and an e-mail address. Because, as a Red Sox fan, I suffered through a lifetime of losing lowlighted by two of the worst defeats in sports history. Because I once wrote the "Levels of Losing" as a way to quantify sports pain. Because things worked out for me; the Red Sox eventually won titles in 2004 and 2007. If any stranger could understand your anguish after a heartwrenching loss, it's me. You don't even have to trap me in a car and blare Coldplay. Just send me an e-mail.

Suffered ... past tense. Not sure what the Philly writer is getting all bent out of shape about.

Simmons documented his 'pain' long before The Pats won in 2001 and the Sox in '04 ... It's not like he just started writing about it. He had his web site since the mid 90s.

Seems like the article you thought was "The best thing ever written by anyone" is someone with reading comprehension issues.

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
    Okay, lets talk some 2010 Red Sox. How many wins are we getting from Dice-K this year? Is he going to work his ass off and stick to the pitching routine given to him and achieve his potential as a top 5 pitcher in the AL? Or will it be the same old routine with the shrugging shoulders, walking guys and giving away games in the 3rd inning?

The news about him hiding his injury from the Sox so he could pitch in the WBC is very troubling and it might end up pissing off Theo enough to cut the cord on our Japanese friend, but I think he'll be given his fair shot in Spring Training (later this month!!!)
    It's hard to believe... I'm getting psyched!!! :thumbup:

Do you have any idea who we have for pitchers this season? :roll:

BOS.gif I'm getting goose bumps ;):mrgreen:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VSOgviVuiqs Go Red Sox!!!

Wish you were here...

~RIP Dad

20 behind 8-):mrgreen:

Greatest comeback in baseball history ... ;)

DR_10.18.04_BDDsg.jpg

jimed14 wrote:

Greatest comeback in baseball history ... ;)

DR_10.18.04_BDDsg.jpg
    Simply the BEST!!! :thumbup:

Wish you were here...

~RIP Dad
    r3671054188.jpg