Boston Red Sox

Comments

• jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    In a 2003 Sports Illustrated survey given to current major league players, Bucknor was voted as the league's worst umpire, with 20.7% of the vote.[2]

In an updated 2006 Sports Illustrated survey given to current major league players, Bucknor was again voted the league's worst umpire, with 21% of the vote.[3] In 2008, Jeff Passan of Yahoo! Sports also called him the worst umpire.[4]
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,710
    Looks like you got a call there.
    Marty Foster??? You dont have to be tagged if the ball beats you.
    well, that sucked.

Hopefully get it back tomorrow and head back to Fenway tied.

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • KravenKraven Posts: 829
    Uggh, offense looked impotent tonight. If Ellsbury is not getting on base this team is not winning.

Oh and fuck Torii Hunter btw, what a show boat. A three run home run in the 5th inning and hes acting like he won the goddamn world series. Get back to me when you've hit two game winning hits in back to back nights to stave off elimination, asshole.

Beckett needs to be Beckett of 07 playoffs tomorrow or the Sox are in some deep shit.
    32 shows and counting...
  • PearlOfAGirlPearlOfAGirl Posts: 15,993
    :cry: :oops: :cry: :oops: :cry: :oops: :cry: :oops: :cry: :oops: :cry: :oops: :cry: :oops: :cry:

Note to self: Remember "2004" ;):mrgreen:

Wish you were here...

~RIP Dad
  • Kraven wrote:
    Uggh, offense looked impotent tonight. If Ellsbury is not getting on base this team is not winning.

Oh and fuck Torii Hunter btw, what a show boat. A three run home run in the 5th inning and hes acting like he won the goddamn world series. Get back to me when you've hit two game winning hits in back to back nights to stave off elimination, asshole.

Beckett needs to be Beckett of 07 playoffs tomorrow or the Sox are in some deep shit.
    Sox fans can't really say shit about showboating against the Angels. Remember Manny's shot? I do, I was fortunate to be there, and he STARED arms outstretched like it was wishlist time.

Horribble umpiring, but the Sox lost this game by not hitting.
    9/7/98, 8/3/00, 9/4/00, 4/15/03, 7/1/03, 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 5/24/06, 5/25/06, 6/17/08, 6/22/08, 6/28/08, 6/30/08, 5/17/10, 10/15/13, 10/16/13.
  • An out of the loop question....
    Why wasn't Beckett starting Game 1? A weirld feel...when he's not leading the way.
    PJ - 36
    EV - 5
    (**Letterman'02, Irving Plaza, Storytellers, Beacon, ACL, Spectrum 3&4, Bridge School '10**)

"Constant recoil,..sometimes life don't leave you alone."
    Let's connect on twitter - @Jeffgorra
    An out of the loop question....
    Why wasn't Beckett starting Game 1? A weirld feel...when he's not leading the way.

Well, Lester has been better of late ... and I think they feel if they need someone to bounce back in game 4 on short rest, Lester would be able to handle that a lot better than Beckett.

• adam42381adam42381 Posts: 2,505
    Good start so far. 3-0 Sox in the bottom of the third inning. The bats may finally be coming alive. Let's get 3 in a row!
    I wish I was as fortunate, as fortunate as me.
    adam42381 wrote:
    Good start so far. 3-0 Sox in the bottom of the third inning. The bats may finally be coming alive. Let's get 3 in a row!
    Usually if they get Ellsbury on base, the bats start heating up... ;):mrgreen:

it's now 3-1 Let's Go Red Sox!!!

Wish you were here...

~RIP Dad
  • adam42381adam42381 Posts: 2,505
    J.D. Drew with a bomb to center. 5-1 Sox in the bottom of the 4th.
    Fuck Papelbon.
    Bummer for the Sox.

Still holds true for my prediction of Angels/Dodgers world series.

Again though, my condolences to the Red Sox nation.
    kick%2Bin%2Bthe%2Bballs.jpg

• WhizbangWhizbang Posts: 1,314
    jimed14 wrote:

yup.
    believe it or not, we don't "need" anything. that is only the spoiled brat in us trying to fill some temporary solution to an emptyness that does not exist.

I have eaten so much gold I crapped excellence - drtyfrnk29

Life is either a daring adventure or nothing at all!
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,178
    Whizbang wrote:
    jimed14 wrote:

yup.

I'v been doing yardwork so i gather the Red Sox were beaten today? If so that sucks many holes to fill now. i'm going to spring training next year.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

g under p wrote:
    Whizbang wrote:
    jimed14 wrote:

yup.

I'v been doing yardwork so i gather the Red Sox were beaten today? If so that sucks many holes to fill now. i'm going to spring training next year.

Peace

yes, they lost.

Up 6-4 in the top of the ninth....Papelbon fell apart and gave up 3 runs. Season over.
    believe it or not, we don't "need" anything. that is only the spoiled brat in us trying to fill some temporary solution to an emptyness that does not exist.

After the Angels scored two in the 8th, I walked my girl to the train ... she asked me, "wait, you want to leave, now?"

I told her I didn't have a good feeling and would rather be out getting some fresh air ... sure enough, I came back and it was 7-6. Just had a bad feeling on this one.

Oh well. Let's go Pats.

• The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,492
    there's always next year guys
    www.myspace.com
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,178
    Whizbang wrote:
    g under p wrote:
    Whizbang wrote:
    yup.

Peace

yes, they lost.

Up 6-4 in the top of the ninth....Papelbon fell apart and gave up 3 runs. Season over.

I'm sure this wasn't pretty to watch, I'm gald I missed it. Well at least my yard looks prestine and new and that's how the Red Sox should look next year in Spring Traing In Fort Myers can't wait.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

g under p wrote:
    I'm sure this wasn't pretty to watch, I'm gald I missed it. Well at least my yard looks prestine and new and that's how the Red Sox should look next year in Spring Traing In Fort Myers can't wait.

Peace

I couldn't take watching the bottom of ninth....so I took a shower & got ready for the Pats.

You available to yard work for hire?? ;)

Well that was depressing... :o :( I wonder if Bay will be back next season... :roll: I bet the Yankees would love to get him... :x :evil:

Wish you were here...

~RIP Dad
  • Well that was depressing... :o :( I wonder if Bay will be back next season... :roll: I bet the Yankees would love to get him... :x :evil:

I'm sure any team with a pressing need in left field would want him and that includes the Mets..
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
    Well that was depressing... :o :( I wonder if Bay will be back next season... :roll: I bet the Yankees would love to get him... :x :evil:

I'm sure any team with a pressing need in left field would want him and that includes the Mets..

he has gigantic holes in his swing. i would not give him the money he is looking for.
  • smarcheesmarchee Posts: 14,539
    I think it was the series with the Jays that killed this team, the Jays really smoked the Sox embarassingly and they clinched the night of the last game so vs Baltimore or however they never had the regulars in the line-up
    The Jays beating got in their heads
    Nice to see Papelbom eat it for once

Tough times Sox fans, hopefully Angels take out the Yankees, they have good karma at doing that
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2008 ~ Hartford, Mansfied I,
    2009 ~ Toronto, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010 ~ Cleveland, Buffalo
    2011 ~ Toronto I, Toronto II, Ottawa, Hamilton
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
  • Congrats to Angels fans. it must feel good to get the better of the Sox for once.

This team just didn't have "it" for whatever reason and they were beaten by a better team. My heart wants Papelbon gone because he flirted with disaster all season until finally ending the season. my head knows that i can trust Theo to do what's needed.
    9/7/98, 8/3/00, 9/4/00, 4/15/03, 7/1/03, 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 5/24/06, 5/25/06, 6/17/08, 6/22/08, 6/28/08, 6/30/08, 5/17/10, 10/15/13, 10/16/13.
    Congrats to Angels fans. it must feel good to get the better of the Sox for once.

This team just didn't have "it" for whatever reason and they were beaten by a better team. My heart wants Papelbon gone because he flirted with disaster all season until finally ending the season. my head knows that i can trust Theo to do what's needed.

I bemoaned Papaelbon's struggles all year long in this thread, but, let's remember, he's still dirt cheap.

I'm waiting for Sox fans to turn on him and try and run him out of town and make Bard the closer.

But, c'mon, let's not forget, the Sox offense didn't do shit in the first two games. That seems more of a concern.

jimed14 wrote:
    Congrats to Angels fans. it must feel good to get the better of the Sox for once.

I bemoaned Papaelbon's struggles all year long in this thread, but, let's remember, he's still dirt cheap.

I'm waiting for Sox fans to turn on him and try and run him out of town and make Bard the closer.

But, c'mon, let's not forget, the Sox offense didn't do shit in the first two games. That seems more of a concern.
    They shouldn't have given up Masterson, BIG MISTAKE!!! I said that after I found out about the trade... damn!!! They kept saying what a great middle man he was, and then they trade him!!! WTF!!! :x

Wish you were here...

~RIP Dad
  • Papelbon aint that cheap. he was 6.25 Million this year and I read on SOSH that he's expected to get 10 million next year.

I was more pissed and ready to turn on him because he had been doing this all year. Plus the cowboy act gets old. I felt like he screwed up this whole year by ditching the splitter and trying a new arm slot to make free agency more rewarding due to health. (Yes he should care about his health, on the other hand Theo would have paid him a high salary for a long term deal than included a free agent year buyout)

Masterson had nothing to do with it. They don't get to the postseason without VMart.