Boston Red Sox

Comments

• jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    It's one game ... I'm not worried about it.

I am worried about Smoltz. This has to end, for a while at least. He has to figure out what the hell is wrong.

8 starts, no quality starts. 6 starts where he's given up 5 runs or more.

It's a garaunteed loss every 5th day.
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,178
    .....And he hasn't been looking good, as his ERA continues to creep upwards.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• i really hope the yankees dont think theyre getting away with throwing at pedroia. do they realize they have the most fearless pitcher in the mlb going tomorrow.
    I will be what i could be
    Once I get out of this town

9/29/04;6/27/08;6/30/08;8/23/09;08/24/09;5/17/10
    i really hope the yankees dont think theyre getting away with throwing at pedroia. do they realize they have the most fearless pitcher in the mlb going tomorrow.

It means nothing the pitch at Pedroia, the Red Sox need a win and they need focus on that nothing else.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• rival.rival. Posts: 7,775
    i really hope the yankees dont think theyre getting away with throwing at pedroia. do they realize they have the most fearless pitcher in the mlb going tomorrow.

burnett is known for backing up his batters too. i can't imagine either team wanting shenanigans this series.
  • adam42381adam42381 Posts: 2,505
    Smoltz has to be done as a starter after last night. I can see him being used in middle relief, but Tito has to get him out of the rotation. The Sox just don't look like a playoff team right now. Hopefully they'll get a win tonight and at least split the series so they don't lose any more ground in the East.
    I wish I was as fortunate, as fortunate as me.
    adam42381 wrote:
    Smoltz has to be done as a starter after last night. I can see him being used in middle relief, but Tito has to get him out of the rotation. The Sox just don't look like a playoff team right now. Hopefully they'll get a win tonight and at least split the series so they don't lose any more ground in the East.

The Rangers are only 2 games behind the Sox in the wildcard race and look more like a playoff team right now.

Peace

• PearlOfAGirlPearlOfAGirl Posts: 15,993
    Theo!!! We could really use some "PITCHING" right about now... It's been very frustrating watching the past few games.... :evil: :evil: :evil:

Wish you were here...

~RIP Dad
    John Smoltz designated for assignment.

If he clears waivers, Sox will have 10 days to trade or release him.

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • He's in all likelihood done. The only possiblity might be Atlanta claims him so he can retire a Brave. It's a shame Smoltz will go into the HOF the year after Maddux & Glavine (provided Glavine doesn't pitch again)
    He's in all likelihood done. The only possiblity might be Atlanta claims him so he can retire a Brave. It's a shame Smoltz will go into the HOF the year after Maddux & Glavine (provided Glavine doesn't pitch again)

Agreed, would have been nice if the three of them could have gone in together.

Actually would have been better if he was good this year.

Oh well.

• Between the Ortiz situation, losing 2 13+ inning games to division rivals in a week, the end of Smoltz and being down 0-3 to the Yanks this series, this has to be one of the worst weeks for the Sox in quite some time.
    Nice to see Yankees/Sox on tonight need a huge win tonight.

Peace

Ugly weekend. Still, just about 2 months left.

Hopefully, with a new week they can snap out of the funk and get serious.

• adam42381adam42381 Posts: 2,505
    I hate to say it, but I think you can stick a fork in em...
    I wish I was as fortunate, as fortunate as me.
    adam42381 wrote:

they ARE still in the lead for the wild card ... it's not like they fell 6 games back for that.

• soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,202
    jimed14 wrote:
    adam42381 wrote:

they ARE still in the lead for the wild card ... it's not like they fell 6 games back for that.

I can guarantee no one in the central is going to catch the Sox for the wild card. It's a pretty pathetic division this season.

That said, I still hope the Tigers can put a hurt on the Sox at Fenway this week... but I won't be holding my breath.
    I'm watching this documentary on Luis Tiant called *The Lost Son Of Havana*. His first return to Cuba in 46 years.

I loved LT and his pitching style from back in the 70's with the Red Sox. I saw him pitch on 2 occasions and he won both.

Peace

g under p wrote:
    I'm watching this documentary on Luis Tiant called *The Lost Son Of Havana*. His first return to Cuba in 46 years.

I loved LT and his pitching style from back in the 70's with the Red Sox. I saw him pitch on 2 occasions and he won both.

Peace

I saw some of the previews for that, looks like a tear jerker. Even Luis was getting misty watching just the previews. I'm sure ESPN will be showing it again, I'll have to catch that.

I was a little too young to enjoy the Red Sox Tiant years, but loved watching the highlights. His stlye was like Marichal's in that it was so damn unique.

oh, and ... good win for the Sox tonight. They needed a little home cookin'.

jimed14 wrote:
    g under p wrote:

Peace

I saw some of the previews for that, looks like a tear jerker. Even Luis was getting misty watching just the previews. I'm sure ESPN will be showing it again, I'll have to catch that.

I was a little too young to enjoy the Red Sox Tiant years, but loved watching the highlights. His stlye was like Marichal's in that it was so damn unique.

It's a tear jerker for sure cause I KNOW exactly what he's going through when your family from your home country hasn't seen you in years.

Peace

jimed14 wrote:

Tough loss from my perspective. But it was a good game to watch. After those first 2 innings, I thought things would get pretty ugly and one-sided. But both teams kept battling. Fun to see a lot of solid baseball... sacrifices, moving runners, driving in runs. The Tigers missed a few opportunities with lots of runners on and those two pop fouls to the catcher were killer. Here's hoping they come back strong tomorrow.

Magglio goign 3 for 3 was worth the loss though. If he can get back to form, this team might start looking as strong as it should have been all season.
    jimed14 wrote:

Tough loss from my perspective. But it was a good game to watch. After those first 2 innings, I thought things would get pretty ugly and one-sided. But both teams kept battling. Fun to see a lot of solid baseball... sacrifices, moving runners, driving in runs. The Tigers missed a few opportunities with lots of runners on and those two pop fouls to the catcher were killer. Here's hoping they come back strong tomorrow.

Magglio goign 3 for 3 was worth the loss though. If he can get back to form, this team might start looking as strong as it should have been all season.

The white sox went out and got Alex Rios for more of an offensive boost, I think he'll do well in that park. Well, he better do well for my fantasy team. nearly 2 months left, it's going to be interesting.

I'm getting chills watching this stuff seeing Fenway from back then 72' 73' 74' 75'. Something i didn't know about LT and that is when he first came up he threw fastballs up to 98 mph.

Now That I didn't know when he was with the Indians. As a youth I can remember wondering what was that stuff he had in his mouth it was HUGE.

Peace

• keep the Faith people. I just popped back on to see what the level of Hysteria would be. Gotta say I hate the avatars. the whole thing looks like a teenagers board.
    9/7/98, 8/3/00, 9/4/00, 4/15/03, 7/1/03, 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 5/24/06, 5/25/06, 6/17/08, 6/22/08, 6/28/08, 6/30/08, 5/17/10, 10/15/13, 10/16/13.
    keep the Faith people. I just popped back on to see what the level of Hysteria would be. Gotta say I hate the avatars. the whole thing looks like a teenagers board.

The faith is quite strong and what exactly are you getting at????

Peace

• I just miss the old board format (from a visual perspective). The design is very....busy.
    9/7/98, 8/3/00, 9/4/00, 4/15/03, 7/1/03, 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 5/24/06, 5/25/06, 6/17/08, 6/22/08, 6/28/08, 6/30/08, 5/17/10, 10/15/13, 10/16/13.
  • as much as it sucks that youk will be suspended for a few games... we fuckin needed that to happen. i hope that got the team fired up.. cause if it didnt.. i dont like our chances
    I will be what i could be
    Once I get out of this town

9/29/04;6/27/08;6/30/08;8/23/09;08/24/09;5/17/10
    as much as it sucks that youk will be suspended for a few games... we fuckin needed that to happen. i hope that got the team fired up.. cause if it didnt.. i dont like our chances

Like I said weeks ago... that guy's a fucking douchebag. Try to explain to me again how classy a baseball team Boston is?
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,280
    Not only did Yuk charge the mound when he probably shouldn't, but he threw his helmet (fine+more suspension days), and ended up on his back without getting a punch in!

Pretty pathetic mound charge if you ask me!!

:lol:

If you are going to make a point and get susupended, at least make it worth your time!
    LOL!